• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Game Nights - Sunday is Race night!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i have to side with him because we are home boys fo life.

i like your t spins

but you can't handle the rage

TEAMS TOURNAMENT??????????? LOL (idk how that'd even work!)

maybe i just want to piggy back ride spenser

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Teams tournament would work--just ask anyone who played in the lobby I hosted--unfortunately, it's only a purchasable option for like 1000 tokens on the TetrisFriends shop, so.

T-block

B2B TST
we can rotate who purchases if team games is something we want to do... i've been playing regularly, so i actually earn tokens (although i am saving up, so i'd rather not buy too often). team games seemed better with the skill gaps =\

maaaan i should get pj64 set up then. and practice playing ppl on keyboard since i don't have a controller x.x

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I've never tried it o a keyboard and I imagine an unfamiliar controller would be just as bad. The DS version may be a better solution. It just doesn't have the Pokemon theme, so I can't counterpick you.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I don't think there's a need to stream future Tetris sessions, since it's just loud Korean music playing in the background, black people (read: Leafybug) getting confused, and Kirbyraeg / T-Block / Terywj doing work.
Wow, don't include me. :c

I can beat you in a 1v1 almost half the time now.

I'm below T-Block's level, but I held my own against him, and in even more dire situations like T-Block+F8AL vs. myself or even 3 vs. myself, just ask the people that played tonight, lol.
I wasn't doing that good last night. /john

I am so annoyed that I couldn't make Tetris tonight. After staying after school 3 hours to work on Homecoming stuff, I rush home to find that the internet (and TV and phone) are all out. They didn't come back until ~10:30PM (EST). :glare:

Ah well, maybe Brawl tomorrow. :)
There is another Tetris night tomorrow. (Thursday) :)

ooooh TOURNAMENT?!

i'm down

lookin like

1 kirbyraeg
2 t block
3 me
4 you

~*-ThE CaLlOuT-*~
Wow, don't include me on this list. :mad:

***** PLEASE

i can take kirbs
nope.avi

Teams tournament would work--just ask anyone who played in the lobby I hosted--unfortunately, it's only a purchasable option for like 1000 tokens on the TetrisFriends shop, so.
And it only lasts for 7 days. Then you gotta buy it again. :urg:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Wow, don't include me. :c

I can beat you in a 1v1 almost half the time now.
As of right now you can, and I've already told you why. :p

F8AL said:
I wasn't doing that good last night. /john
Mhmmm.

F8AL said:
Wow, don't include me on this list. :mad:
There's only a semifinals of four in tournaments, not five.

F8AL said:
And it only lasts for 7 days. Then you gotta buy it again. :urg:
That means we'd need at least a rotation of three people to purchase team mode.

I volunteer Kirbyraeg, T-Block, and myself.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
aw. hahahaha. i just do something else while the ad is going! or watch it if the ad is funny

if i had a dollar for every time i beat kirbyraeg in tetris

i'd have no dollars

if i had a dollar for every time i 4-stocked him in melee......

idk i'd have 5 dollars or so

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
PS3 Blazblue room is up. The name is SWF Lighthouse.

Me, Raziek, Rutger, and Atilla the Hun just got through playing Blaz.

I swear, I am over that PS3 controller. All the DPs that didn't come out, the distortion counters that became a wasted 25 heat, but what hurt the most was the dropped Tager Astral combo. Why the hell don't people who play on a stick just play on ****ing 360?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

I swear, I am over that PS3 controller. All the DPs that didn't come out, the distortion counters that became a wasted 25 heat, but what hurt the most was the dropped Tager Astral combo. Why the hell don't people who play on a stick just play on ****ing 360?
Atilla the Hun? Can you link me to this user?

T-block

B2B TST
Do you think you could use an extra TO? I'd like to be involved. I've entered Tetris tournaments off-site before, so I have an idea of what makes a good tournament.

Sets out of three is WAY too low for a game with results as volatile as this format of Tetris. Best out of 9 is more common for the lower matches, with finals best of 13. Another format that I've played that I liked is to have sets of sets. So one round consists of three bo5 sets or something.

Single elimination is a terrible format, especially if you're seeding randomly. If you want accurate results past first place, do double elimination at least, and strongly consider some sort of pools play for seeding into the bracket.

T-block

B2B TST
It's not adding any complexity to the game... it's adding integrity to the results.

Kirbyraeg vs. me could go 2-0 or 0-2 easily, at basically 50-50 chance. The result of one game is just way too volatile.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
It's not adding any complexity to the game... it's adding integrity to the results.

Kirbyraeg vs. me could go 2-0 or 0-2 easily, at basically 50-50 chance. The result of one game is just way too volatile.
Yeah but I've got nagging thoughts questioning the seriousness of the people who will want in. =\

T-block

B2B TST
...and that's why we do pools play ^^

Even if you just seed the known players, that's already buckets better than random seeding - especially if you're looking in the 16-ish range for a playerbase, as seeding 8 or so out of that will go a long way to improving integrity of results.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Because paying a fee to access online features is unnecessary.

Sariku

Smash Master

Because the controller of that console is even more *** than the PS3 one.

And it's exclusives are awful.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i, uh, have 55,000 tokens.

Yeah.

...I get bored during class. Marathon all day erryday

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i don't think you can, sadly :(

i think doing an offer is a very quick way to unlock some of the basic das/arr, since the price scale greatly favors rubies

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Because paying a fee to access online features is unnecessary.
Yes, but the XBL party system is definitely worth $60 a year to me.

Because the controller of that console is even more *** than the PS3 one.

And it's exclusives are awful.
Not if you can't stand a DPad it isn't. Fighters were not meant to be played with directional buttons. Besides, I referenced people who played stick.

The ONLY PS3 exclusives I've enjoyed thus far are the two Disgaea games. On XBox, I get the Gears series, which is one of my favorite multiplayer games ever, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Mass Effect, and select Halo games.

Sariku

Smash Master
Not if you can't stand a DPad it isn't. Fighters were not meant to be played with directional buttons. Besides, I referenced people who played stick.

The ONLY PS3 exclusives I've enjoyed thus far are the two Disgaea games. On XBox, I get the Gears series, which is one of my favorite multiplayer games ever, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Mass Effect, and select Halo games.
All I was doing was answering why any sane person would choose the PS3 over the 360. But arguing opinions is pointless and gets nowhere, so I won't.

But in my opinion, all those 360 exclusive games you just mentioned are awful besides Mass Effect, and that's on the PS3 (yeah, they come out later, but it's not exclusive).

Top Bottom