• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lie Detector: Death Note l OVER l Unfortunately they won't be making an appearance...

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I'm ok with putting myself on the lie detector if it'll get stuff moving.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
But revealing a player's identity won't get stuff moving. Unless you're Kira, that is.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
TRG said:
Gheb's reluctance to ID anyone makes me think he's almost guaranteed a detective (town).

Either that or he's playing some very strange mindgames with us right now... Since I'm new here I don't know his play style (or anyone else's for that matter) so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

That's silly logic, playing as town is the best way to win no matter what and you can't give a player a free pass because they aren't going to play like a lynch hungry scummer.

Here you question TRG's read on me but the logic isn't sound. Your response uses exaggerations that aim to discredit his points - nobody was talking about giving me a "free pass" or anybody playing like a "lynch hungry scummer". What he was saying though, is that my reluctance to ID players is directly contradictory to Kira's wincondition and since I was the only one to openly argue against putting people on the detector the most obvious conclusion would be that I am probably not Kira and that he's going to give me the benefit of the doubt until he happens to find anything about my play that he considers suspicious.
It's a legit point and the fact that you falsely label it as "silly logic" and blow the whole point out of proportions rub me the wrong way. Because you're essentially arguing against it for the sake of arguing rather than actually trying to find out who could be Kira.

Throw something at the wall until it sticks? *Shrugs* Surely what's happening now is better than nothing. Since you don't seem to have a clue, i'll give you one. What post is the most Kira-esque to you? This question should be easy to answer considering you have voted BW recently.

[...]

You mean, you think Kira will be purposely looking to wait until a lynch to apply pressure/ vote on the wagon? I hope so because that will make this game extremely easy.

[...]

Why?

[...]

+5 townie points to everyone who didn't like TRG's approach, adding all the points together...there's no difference except now BSL is behind by 5 points for being the only one not to disagree with it. (Or even post about it.)

[...]

The red highlight is the only part of Gheb's case I agree with.

[...]

Didn't expect a vote coming from you yet.

These are the other responses / points you've made in that post [sans your "case" against Hando which I disagree with anyway]. Literally all of that is completely worthless brabbling. I have a huge issue with worthless brabbling. Because there's nothing that separates a scumbag more decisively from a townie than a failed attempt to make himself look communicative or helpful. And that post is definitely one I'd consider "failed". I think you just cherrypicked minor points, tagged on some comments and hoped you'd be seen as pro-town and interactive for it. But that's exactly what makes you so scummy - you try to look as if you were helpful when you have not been useful at all. Nothing you did gives me the impression that finding Kira is the first thing on your mind. The first thing on your mind is to make it look as if you were hunting him. And that's incredibly suspicious.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
After looking through other games it's obvious the reason this game's moving so slow is because there's no night phase, which means there's no rush/pressure to figure out who Kira is. Nobody feels like they really need to do anything but just kinda sit around and hope Kira slips up somewhere, which leads to less investment in the game overtime (this game is only moving slower as it goes along).

So basically I don't think it's the players that are to blame for the slow pace; it's the setup.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Here you question TRG's read on me but the logic isn't sound. Your response uses exaggerations that aim to discredit his points - nobody was talking about giving me a "free pass" or anybody playing like a "lynch hungry scummer". What he was saying though, is that my reluctance to ID players is directly contradictory to Kira's wincondition and since I was the only one to openly argue against putting people on the detector the most obvious conclusion would be that I am probably not Kira and that he's going to give me the benefit of the doubt until he happens to find anything about my play that he considers suspicious.
It's a legit point and the fact that you falsely label it as "silly logic" and blow the whole point out of proportions rub me the wrong way. Because you're essentially arguing against it for the sake of arguing rather than actually trying to find out who could be Kira.
Sure, from your POV it's great that TRG already has a town read on you. Wouldn't you agree that TRG's logic here wasn't sound either? It's very narrow minded to think Kira would be that obvious and my goal is simple, I don't want him falling into the trap that you can be assumed most likely town for now because you aren't going to play bad and like an obvious Kira.

These are the other responses / points you've made in that post [sans your "case" against Hando which I disagree with anyway]. Literally all of that is completely worthless brabbling. I have a huge issue with worthless brabbling. Because there's nothing that separates a scumbag more decisively from a townie than a failed attempt to make himself look communicative or helpful. And that post is definitely one I'd consider "failed". I think you just cherrypicked minor points, tagged on some comments and hoped you'd be seen as pro-town and interactive for it. But that's exactly what makes you so scummy - you try to look as if you were helpful when you have not been useful at all. Nothing you did gives me the impression that finding Kira is the first thing on your mind. The first thing on your mind is to make it look as if you were hunting him. And that's incredibly suspicious.

Let me run through the parts of that post you quoted and their purpose.

1. Push BSL since I don't want him being useless this game and pressuring him to do something gets me reads, helps the game advance, ect.

2. Imply that the way BW outlined Kira play would mean we have a bad Kira and I want BW to look down avenues other than bad Kira player.

3. State my growing dislike for BSL while half-heartedily trolling.

4. Give my opinion of your BW case up to that point.

5. Pressure BSL a little.

I have a method to my play which helps me track down Kira and this post did help me develop reads while also trying to improve the quality of town play since I didn't like what I was seeing.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Not responding until BSL and PA start to actually contribute stuff. There's been enough discussion to weigh in on, there are no excuses to not play your part in this game already.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Not responding until BSL and PA start to actually contribute stuff. There's been enough discussion to weigh in on, there are no excuses to not play your part in this game already.

Then we will be here forever. Oh well, Kira will never complete his goal and will die of age at this rate.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No, we're not. People just falsely assume we are and use that as an excuse to not play the game.

Handorin

Smash Hero
In case anyone is interested, PA hasn't logged in since Monday. He wouldn't have even seen a prod these past 5 days at least.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wait, that actually makes no sense. And PA is actually here right now so here's hoping this game will pick up speed again.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Hey folks, I just want to apologize for my lack of activity, I started a new job recently and it's a lot more demanding than I originally thought. I'm working six days a week, and the seventh day is spent studying, so I have had VERY little free time as of late. Again, I apologize, but in order to stir things up, I will claim my name, which is Charles Bernard. I assure you all that I am not Kira, but I'll do my best to try to check the thread at least once a day.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why did you name claim? You weren't really under suspicion. And I'm not sure it'll actually stir up things up either. I've name claimed right off the bat and it didn't really do anything.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Maybe my thinking is a bit flawed, but since Gheb is still alive, I have three theories.

1. He's Kira and he's trying to get others to claim their name in order to kill them.
2. He's not Kira and he claimed the wrong name in an attempt to get Kira to use up his notes.
3. He's not Kira and claimed the right name, and Kira just hasn't attempted to kill him.

If I die soon, all fingers would point to Gheb being Kira. Of course, with anything, this probably isn't 100% accurate, but this is just my thinking. It has nothing to do with being voted by TRG.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Why did you name claim? You weren't really under suspicion. And I'm not sure it'll actually stir up things up either. I've name claimed right off the bat and it didn't really do anything.

Or at least we THINK it didn't do anything. For all we know you could have successfully fake claimed and caused Kira to waste a vote, which would be a big advantage for the town... We just have no way of knowing if Kira actually attempted to kill you or not.

Maybe my thinking is a bit flawed, but since Gheb is still alive, I have three theories.

1. He's Kira and he's trying to get others to claim their name in order to kill them.
2. He's not Kira and he claimed the wrong name in an attempt to get Kira to use up his notes.
3. He's not Kira and claimed the right name, and Kira just hasn't attempted to kill him.

If I die soon, all fingers would point to Gheb being Kira. Of course, with anything, this probably isn't 100% accurate, but this is just my thinking. It has nothing to do with being voted by TRG.
In Gheb's case I'm pretty sure it was #2 (putting your real ID out there that early in the game would be extremely stupid), and I really hope you did the same because I fail to see how your death would immediately mean Gheb is Kira. The entire premise behind your reasoning is flawed since #1 assumes that Gheb has been actively trying to get people to name claim, and I don't recall him trying to get anyone to do so a single time.

If anything this post seems more like a cleverly disguised attempt to seem town by claiming, when in reality you could just as easily be Kira by utilizing your fake name.

[] Kira is knowledgeable of the which i.d is the extra identity.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Hey folks, I just want to apologize for my lack of activity, I started a new job recently and it's a lot more demanding than I originally thought. I'm working six days a week, and the seventh day is spent studying, so I have had VERY little free time as of late. Again, I apologize, but in order to stir things up, I will claim my name, which is Charles Bernard. I assure you all that I am not Kira, but I'll do my best to try to check the thread at least once a day.
Vote: Phazon Assassin

Not dealing with the WIFOM (Is that the correct term here?) created by your name claim.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Yeah I doubt that Gheb as not-Kira would never claim a false name, because that'd get name counterclaims and unnecessary lie detector uses.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yeah I doubt that Gheb as not-Kira would never claim a false name, because that'd get name counterclaims and unnecessary lie detector uses.

Counterclaiming a name would be stupid because that just gives your ID away to Kira.

Random player: "Gheb can't be Bill Jones because I'M Bill Jones!!!"
Kira: "oh really...?"
*counter claimer is gone from the game*

There's really no downside to claiming a fake name as town.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
It could go the other way, as well, Gheb.

Ok dabuz.
vote: TPA

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
SUDDENLY THE PHAZON ASSASSIN COLLAPSES
Votes are reset! [Needed 4]​

The Players
1. BSL
2. The Phazon Assassin
3. The Real Gamer
4. Badwolf
5. Gheb
6. Hando
7. dabuz

The Identities
Allan Brady
Bill Jones
Charles Bernard
John Smith
John Smith
Susan Conally
Thomas Jefferson
Tiny Tina

Handorin

Smash Hero
Wifom, not interesting. Also stupid to counterclaim because names are highly irrelevant.

Anyways, back to voting BSL, guys.

Vote: BSL

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Since when is that nameclaim reason enough to lynch somebody?

I voted him because of the content in his 262 and because dabuz asked for it. It wasn't his name claim, but his follow up to it.

And it's not quite the same as lynching.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
It creates too much WIFOM. What I find interesting is when PA name claimed, he was killed before the lynch even went through. When you name claimed that was not the case.
vote: dabuz

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I voted him because of the content in his 262 and because dabuz asked for it. It wasn't his name claim, but his follow up to it.

And it's not quite the same as lynching.
And what was it in his 262 exactly?

Also, you're voting and trying to play the game now, cool.

Top Bottom