• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LH Interviews: Questions for Sentinel! The finale!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

Welcome to the Light House Interviews! Ever want to get to know your fellow Light House members more? Well this is the right thread! Here's the breakdown:

--During a nomination phase of approximately 4 days, members will post in this thread nominating people they would like to see interviewed. The maximum is three (3) nominations.
--During a voting phase of approximately 2-3 days, members will vote via poll on who they would like to see interviewed. Polls will be single choice only and is winner take all. Winning by majority takes forever.
--Once an interviewee is decided, members are free to post questions for the interviewee! Please note that not every question ends up on the interview. (Although we could change this if you guys want lengthy interviews)
--After the trial period of question submission, I (or F8AL, if he's up for it) will schedule a time to meet online with the interviewee via Skype / AIM / etc. to conduct the interview. Afterwards, the interview will be archived in the OP for all to see!

Nominations for interview #1 are open now!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
--Reserving for interview archive--

Interview #1: F8AL
[collapse=Details]Terywj: Hey F8AL! Thanks for doing the inaugural interview for the Light House. Let's start with the basics, like name, age, job, etc.
F8AL: My real name is Timothy, but most of my friends call me Tim cause in my opinion, Timothy sounds too formal. I'm 21 years old and I'm currently not working but looking for emplyoment.

Terywj: I heard you were out a week on vacation. What was it like? Would you consider going again?
F8AL: It was a great experience and yes, I would definitely go again. If you haven't already been on a cruise, I would highly recommend the same one I went on a week ago: Royal Carribean International's Oasis of the Seas cruise. They have a vast variety of different restaurants, entertainment onboard and you get to stop at 3 different places during the cruise: Haiti, Jamica and Mexico. They cater to your every need during the cruise and it exceeded all my expectations.

Terywj: How did you discover Smash World Forums?
F8AL: It was back in the Fall of 2006, when I still used to play SSBM on a regular basis. (I'm retired now. Stopped playing Smash Bros. in 2008 shortly after Brawl was released.) My friends told me about the site and we all decided to join. I met a lot of cool and interesting people and I posted in several rooms. (i.e. Melee discussion, the PRoom etc.) Eventually, I decided to focus my time and attention on the Light House room in 2009 and got modded to the room in mid (June) 2010.

Terywj: What games do you play? How good are you at them?
F8AL: Nowadays, I mostly play first-person shooters. Mainly Call of Duty: Black Ops because most of my friends on the 360 play the same games as me. Yes, I consider myself above average (Over 2.0 K/D ratio in all the CoD games) at them. I'm more of a support/team player. I used to play platformers and RPGs a while ago, but my attention span is pretty low these days so that is why I mainly play FPSs.

Terywj: What was the first console you've owned, and when did you start gaming?
F8AL: The first console I owned as a Sega Genesis during the 90's. The first game I ever played was Sonic the Hedgehog. I started gaming when I was fairly young, when I was a young child. I enjoyed the feelings you get when you play a video game and I've continued to play them to this day.

T: What controller do you find most confortable?
F: The Xbox 360 controller, it's perfect for shooters.

T: Speaking of games, which game do you play the most? Are there any classics you love?
F: I play the Call of Duty games the most since they're currently the most played/popular shooters on the market. I enjoy playing the original Super Mario Bros. and Goldeneye 007/Perfect Dark 64/Mario Kart 64 on my N64. I still appreciate the retro games.

T: What would you consider your worst game purchase?
F: Call of Duty: Black Ops. (Just kidding.) It would have to be Hitman 2: Silent Assassin on my GCN. I bought the game used for $20 and I never beat it cause the developers left this glitch in the game where in one part of a level, you have to move to this location but the game always freezes there. As far as I'm aware, that level is impossible to complete.

T: Do you have a favorite “bad” game?
F: Yes, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Even though the game's online multiplayer is unbalanced, I still enjoy the risks Infinity Ward (the developer) took. The graphics are good, there is a lot of weapon variety and the game technically works. It's a shame it wasn't patched enough.

T: What would you consider the most difficult game you’ve ever played?
F: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Getting 1000/1000 achievements took me a few years to do as some of the missions on veteran difficulty almost killed me. It took me 2 years to get the final achievement for beating the bonus mission (MHC) on veteran difficulty and about 500 tries...

T: And now for something radically differenT: Why Typhlosion? What’s the set you run?
F: Because when I first played Pokemon (Red) in the 90's, I picked Charmandaer as my stater and since then, I've always picked the Fire starters in all the Pokemon games. That, and Typhlosion is awesome. The set I run is Dig, Flamethrower, Eruption and Swift.

T: You are having lunch with three people from the past or present. Who are they?
F: :mad:, ZIO and Lythium from SWF. <3

T: You get a free tour to any city in the world, which would it be?
F: New York, I wanna visit the Nintendo Store there one day. That, or any city in Japan cause their technologhy/different lifestyle has always fascinated me.

T: What are your goals in life? Where do you see yourself in 3 years?
F: My goals in life are simple, if not boring: Meet the perfect girl, marry her, raise a family and work for a well known and reputable company/corporation such as Apple or Microsoft. In 3 years, I see myself employed and hopefully promoted to some decent position making $50,000 a year.

T: Who was your childhood hero?
F: Jackie Chan.

T: What kind of music do you listen to?
F: Pop, rock and electronic/techno. Basically anything which isn't rap or country. Video game music is pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

T: What is your favorite ice cream? Pony? Power Ranger?
F: Cookies N Cream, Rainbow Dash, none.

T: What was your greatest troll moment ever? What about your greatest moment on Smashboards?
F: When I convinced Fuelbi to love MLP. Took a few hours but eventually, I broke him down to tears and frustration. (Not to mention shame. :p) I guess it'd have to be when I took over the MW2 thread in the LH, met a lot of cool people from it and formed Team SWF on XBL from it.

T: Pick one: Dogs or cats? Waffles or pancakes? PC or console? Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft? Star Wars or Star Trek? Pepsi or CocaCola?
F: Dogs. Waffles. Console. Nintendo. Star Wars. CocaCola.

T: And finally. What's your favorite way to have a potato?
F: Fried.

T: Thanks for doing this interview, F8AL!
F: Thanks for having me.[/collapse]

Interview #2: :mad:
[collapse=Details]F8AL: Hey :mad:! Congratulations on being nominated and winning the spot for doing the second interview for the Light House. Let's start with the basics, like name, age, job, etc.
:mad:: Alex Snyder, age 16, I work at a paintball field and go to Land O' Lakes High School. I'm a junior and I'm interested in becoming an English teacher.

F8AL: What's the deal with your current username on SWF? Is there a story behind it?
:mad:: My current username is :mad:. I got the idea from an inside joke amongst a few people on SWF. I was surprised that it wasn't taken so I requested for a change immediately. My previous name was Straked which came from Neopets almost 7 years ago.

F8AL: If you could change your skin color to a color of the rainbow, which color would you pick?
:mad:: Probably yellow so I can be like Tim (F8AL).

F8AL: Who is your favourite video game character? And why?
:mad:: Contrary to popular belief, Jak from Jak and Daxter. He was the man.

F8AL: If you could only play one video game for the rest of your life, what would it be?
:mad:: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, probably. There's just so much to do and it never gets old.

F8AL: What is your favourite moment in Calvin & Hobbes?
:mad:: Best question yet. The highlight of Calvin & Hobbes to me was the strip with multiple Calvins from his duplicator. Hobbes once remarked "Scientific progress goes 'boink'?" and I thought that was brilliant.

F8AL: How did you become such a big MLP aficionado?
:mad:: I first noticed the MLP thread in the Pool Room back in what, March? I thought it was the stupidest thing ever and I was against the entire idea of it. Almost a month later, I had some free time one night and watched the first few episodes. I got hooked after Applebuck Season.

F8AL: If you could be anybody, who would you be and why?
:mad:: I'd probably be Scooby-Doo. It'd be fun until I died at the age of like, 15.

F8AL: What is your favourite video game? And why?
:mad:: Banjo Kazooie was my all time favorite because I loved the expansive world. It was incredibly fun to explore the massive worlds and I was never bothered if I got lost. Jak 2 is a close second because of the enormous overworld as well.

F8AL: What is your favourite MLP episode?
:mad:: Cutie Mark Chronicles was my favorite. The main six as fillies. :3

F8AL: What bugs you?
:mad:: TokyoGamer7. Oh, and the word "nom".

F8AL: Why are you so mad?
:mad:: Because I have dumb friends that are all commenting on how Tyler The Creator won some silly award at the VMAs.

F8AL: What was it like eating McDonalds while riding a roller coaster?
:mad:: It was actually pretty difficult. First you need big pockets to conceal the food. Then you have to get it OUT of your pocket whilst going up the coaster. There's cameras too so you have to be sneaky. You then have to either finish your meal before you get to the end or throw it off in the middle of the ride and hope you hit someone.

F8AL: Last question! Why is your hair so epic? :3
:mad:: Well I don't think it's all that great myself, but I honestly just wash it every day. No styling, I just trim it every month or so.

F8AL: Thanks for your time!
:mad:: No problem.[/collapse]

Interview #3: Lythium
[collapse=Details]Terywj: Hey Lythium! Thanks for taking the time to do this interview for the Light House. Let's start with the basics, like name, age, job, etc.
Lythium: Thanks, I'm happy to oblige! Let's see, my name is Katie, I'm 24 years old, I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, and I work at a bookstore. I graduated from the University of King's College with an English degree. And I'm hoping to go back to school and do my Master's or something in Library Science. I’m a big book nerd, haha.

Terywj: How did you get into Smashboards?
Lythium: Hmm, I would have to say that I became interested when my boyfriend randomly introduced me to Brawl. He was really into it at the time, around about January 2009, so I was like, hey, I guess I'll play with you then. He got kinda serious about the game about a month later, so I had to step my game up too. Smashboards was the logical choice for info on Brawl, so that's where I ended up! That being said, I kind of lost interest in the game two or three months after my join date, but I liked the people, so I decided to stick around.

Terywj: What turned you off the most about Smash?
Lythium: Hmm, I guess I kind of got tired of how convoluted the direction of competitive play was getting, at least for Brawl. The rule set is a bit much, there were (and probably still are) endless disputes about MetaKnight being broken, just stuff like that. It got to a point where I found the game to be not much fun to play anymore, and it started to feel like a chore. Don't get me wrong, I think Brawl is a fun game, especially if you don't take it too seriously. I guess in my opinion, it's a good game, but a questionable fighter. I really like Melee, but I don't have enough time to spend getting good at that game, so mostly I just play Smash for fun now, if rarely.

Terywj: Do you play any sports, exercise? Hobbies?
Lythium: I'm not really much of a sports person, but I used to dance a lot. Mostly jazz dance. I like it a lot, but I haven't been keeping up with it lately, so I've become a bit of a couch potato. And I walk a lot, since I don't have a car, so maybe that counts? As for hobbies, video games, of course! Other than that, I love to read. I've always got my nose stuck in a book.

Terywj: Obligatory what is your favourite video game question?
Lythium: Oh jeez, how do I choose? There are too many! Um, I guess I would have to go with Guilty Gear! Though there are so many others that are close seconds.

T: For those uninformed, could you explain a little bit about Guilty Gear?
L: Sure, it's a 2D fighting game made by Arc System Works. It's generally known for being pretty execution-intensive, and it has a great art style full of wacky characters and an amazing soundtrack. It's also really fun, I only wish it there were more people who played it.

T: Do you think gamers take you seriously because you’re a girl?
L: I think it depends. Sometimes, I think people online take me more seriously than some of the people I know irl. But that's really hard to judge, especially where most of my gaming interaction comes from fighting games, where I'm constantly playing against (for the most part) guys. I've definitely experienced moments of it, for sure. There have been times when I'll play with someone, and they'll be like "Oh, I let you win because I didn't want to hurt your feelings" or "You don't look like you would be good at this." But then again, I've had people think I was awesome because I'm a girl that plays video games. Sorry, I've started to ramble, but bottom line is that it depends entirely on the person, and it varies greatly.

T: In the MvC3 thread you've said numerous times that you can't take the game seriously. Why is that? Is it just MvC3 or the MvC series as a whole?
L: Haha, this is a bit of a loaded question. I hope I don't ruffle anyone's feathers answering this either. It's just MvC3. In the beginning, I found that I couldn't take the game seriously because I got really annoyed with people not wanting to put the time in, especially combos. When the game first came out, everyone I played with just content to use the magic series (so, L > M > H > S > M > M > H > S, and then maybe an OTG into super or something). No one tried, and then they would get annoyed when I tried. Which I thought was pretty silly and pointless. "What's the point of playing a fighting game competitively, if you're not going to put the time in?" was basically my line of thinking. Now, after trying to play the game off and on for a few months, people have moved beyond that, and it's great. But at this point, I'm really annoyed by some of the bad design choices (X-Factor, mostly) and how Phoenix is pretty OP. Also, I find it bothersome when there are amazing players coming up with great stuff all the time, but no one is using it. Not Desk combo video stuff necessarily, but I just get annoyed when the game has been out for months, and there are players still using week one Wolverine combos. It's as if the community doesn't care if the game grows or not, and I find it disappointing.

T: What do you think of the Legend of Zelda series?
L: They're great! Wind Waker is probably my favourite. Though occasionally, I wish Link had a jump button. It would make some of that awkward platforming a bit easier.

T: What is your favourite song or artist?
L: I don't know if I have a favourite song, but Hawksley Workman has been a constant favourite of mine for a few years now. He's a bit of an oddball, and his music style (I guess you could call it that) changes constantly, so he's always trying something new, and it always produces interesting results.

T: Onto your other favourites! Favourite way to spend time, TV show, manga or anime, Ace Attorney assistant, pony, childhood game, book / book series?
L: Oh, jeez. That's a lot of favourites! Here goes. Spend time: reading! TV show: Arrested Development. Manga: K-On! Anime: Cowboy Bebop. Ace Attorney Assistant: young Franzy, she's just too cute! Pony: Rainbow Dash. Childhood game: Super Mario Bros 3. Book: After Dark by Haruki Murakami or Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. (Sorry, I couldn't choose!) Book series: Harry Potter.

T: Have you ever left the country to attend a video game tournament?
L: The country? No, but I have traveled for tournaments, so maybe someday!

T: Speaking of travel, if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
L: I've already been to Japan, and that was amazing, so I'd love to go back and see more. But I'd also like to travel to Scotland, Germany, Russia, and Egypt.

T: What languages do you speak?
L: Canadian English, American English, English English and Olde Englishe. Just kidding, I can speak English, and bit of French and German.

T: Do you have any unusual talents?
L: Haha, what qualifies as "unusual?" I can carry on whole conversations in my sleep, does that count? I suppose I have a pretty good memory, but I think that hardly counts as unusual.

T: What bugs you? Feel free to include that TokyoGamer7 member.
L: I think ignorance annoys me the most, and moreso, the unwillingness to become informed. Haha, TokyoGamer will have to settle for second place.

T: Where do you see yourself in five years?
L: Hmm, to be honest, I'm not quite sure! I'd like to have the rest of school out of the way, and have better-paying job than I have now (which wouldn't be too hard). I would probably also marry my boyfriend at some point. I dunno, qualifying for major gaming event would be pretty cool too, though I don't know if it would happen. Look out for Lythium at Evo 2016 or something.

T: Thank you for doing the interview, Lythium!
L: No problem at all! Thanks for having me![/collapse]

Interview #4: ODIN
[collapse=Details]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91f6P_5UP2c[/collapse]

Interview #5: Smooth Criminal
[collapse=Details]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8evSzWLgJrQ[/collapse]

Interview #6: Minato
[collapse=Details]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUuiRkVuNBw[/collapse]

Interview #7: ZIO
[collapse=Details]F8AL: Hey ZIO, thanks for sitting down and giving me the time to conduct this interview with you out of your busy schedule. Let's start with the basics, like name, age, job, etc.
ZIO: You guys already know my name, age 25, I do both graphic design and free lance work.

F8AL: You have a very unique username on SWF, is there a story behind it and if so, can you tell us it?
ZIO: Sure, so one day, Zeus was working out and he was showing off his mad skillz to the god ladiez. With his smirk, all the other Godgentz were getting mad. The rage kept on building up and made an entity of its own. Zeus saw this, but with swagger, flexed his muscles, and out came a bolt of electricity. The bolt lit the room, and slowly formed into a bird. This bird cut through the rage and put the jealous gods to shame. (For even a bird took them out) Many lolz were had and Zeus introduced the bird to the lady godz. He then said "This is ZIO - A symbol of my electrifying power" and thus, ZIO was born. (And he had all of the god ladiez) The end.

F8AL: How did you discover/get into Smashboards?
ZIO: I walked into the Budgie cave (Better than the Bat cave) and asked the computer where I should be destined to go next. Just kidding. I actually came to Smashboards when I was playing Melee with some friends after moving to NC in 2006.

F: How do you feel being so much older than everyone else?
Z: I feel old. Get off my lawn. :mad:

F: What is your least favourite game of all time?
Z: Ms. Pac-Man for the SNES. I sold that as fast as I could, although I find out it's a valuable game and now I'm kind of salty I don't have it. I still hate the game, though.

F: What is you favorite classic video game?
Z: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

F: What's your favourite video game character, and why?
Z: If I think back to when I was a kid, I'd have to pick Sonic. His attitude and speed was pretty awesome to me as a kid. I drew him all the time.

F:How did you get interested in drawing? Any works your particularly proud of?
Z: I've always liked drawing as far back as I could remember so I can't particularly say WHY I got interested. I think it was the idea of creating cartoons and bringing a story to life with these cartoons is what really pulled me in.

As of recently I have no works I'm proud of. I haven't put my best foot forward. And alot of works I was a one point proud of, I look at now and hate just about all of them.

F: Who is your inspiration in life?
Z: The Most Interesting Man In The World, why? Because he's done everything, even if he hasn't done it yet.

F: Where did you get/find your avatar? Is there a story behind it?
Z: I found my avatar on 4chan. The story behind it is that i thought it was a great reaction image so I saved it in my reaction image folder. I went through several reaction images as my avatars before settling with this one as it received better responses than the rest.

F: Do you have a favourite moment from SWF?
Z: Bicep Quota Monthlies. (Unless you've been to the disco room, you aren't going to get this.)

F: Why are you so popular?
Z: Because when Zues created the Zio, he infused so much swagger no human can resist him. And I give out free money.

F: What do you like to do on your spare time?
Z:(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ABrIfGM7Ro)

F: What kind of shoes do you wear?
Z: Birds don't wear shoes, what is this I don't even.

F: What is your favorite genre of video games?
Z: RPGs - Why? Stories, good gameplay mechanics, wide soundtracks so there going to be something good, character development. When all those come together in great success you get Super Mario RPG.

F: What video game are you eagerly expecting to get? Or always wanted to play?
Z: Skyward Sword because I am a big zelda fan. There's nothing else of interest to me.

F: What kind of music do you like? Any specific genres or artist you like?
Z: I like anything that has a catchy tune enough so that I will remember it after the first play. Could be anything, really. There's no particular genre or artist I prefer.

F: Do you have any creative hobbies? Do you excel at them? Enjoy them? Both?
Z: The only creative hobby is drawing. Hell yes I excel in it and enjoy it very much. I'm always out looking to improve my ability.

F: Last question! What is your favorite color?
Z: Purple and Yellow. The colors I've chosen for life. I have no reason behind it, I just like them.

F: Thanks for doing this interview, ZIO!
Z: No problem, thanks for having me here.[/collapse]

Interview #8: Choknater
[collapse=Details]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jsqanvnkns[/collapse]

Interview #9: The Real Gamer
[collapse=Details]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1c75ehKHmY[/collapse]

Interview #10: Fuelbi
[collapse=Details]Terywj: Hello Fuelbi! Thanks for taking the time for this interview. Why don't we start with the basics such as name, age, location, stuff like that.
Fuelbi: My name is [name removed], I just turned 16 yesterday, I live in [removed], I'm a sophomore, and apparently I'm Mexican according to the Internet.

Terywj: Happy belated birthday! How did you discover Smashboards?
Fuelbi: It was back when I was around the age of 12 and I had a job at my dad's work. I was basically stuck at a computer all day doing inventory and this was back in the day when I thought that Brawl was actually a good game. I wanted to learn more about Smash, and eventually through a lot of surfing I arrived at SWF.

Terywj: Did you have any prior forum experience, and are you currently a part of any other forums?
Fuelbi: Nah, just SWF, and I was part of forums, but now I don't go to them or I never tried to do anything there. Some of them are Poke Community, Epic Forums, a couple of obscure sites that aren't open anymore, etc.

Terywj: What's the story behind your original username, "roacherman"?
Fuelbi: I honestly can't remember anymore why I named myself that, I seriously can't.

Terywj: Why so many namechanges?
Fuelbi: For a couple of reasons. For example after changing from roacherman to ~Celebi~, I was just simply trying out new names because I realized my first username was stupid. There's also the fact that I just changed from Fuel_ to Fuelbi just because everyone in the DR kept calling me that so I stuck with it. The rest of the usernames uptil now I just changed just to piss people off with the large amount of name changes I would come up with, all being variations of Fuelbi i.e. Fuelbi J. Squirrel, random japanese letters, etc.

T: How do you have so many posts in the short time you've been a part of SWF?
F: I don't have a life, plain and simple. First thing I do is come home, turn my XBox on, play Call of Duty or something, and then just lie in bed all day playing stuff on my computer. Pretty much I have a lot of spare time on my hands

T: Favourite video game? Childhood video game?
F: Hmm I'm honestly stuck between Gears of War 3 and Sonic Generations. Those are seriously such great games I can't decide. For childhood game, it's pretty much Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Only game I've logged so many hours in when I was a kid and it made Sonic my childhood hero.

T: What appeals to you about the Sonic series?
F: Fact that there's a human sized blue spikey animal running around at the speed of sound seems pretty awesome to me. Also all the innovative gameplay they've implimented over the years. There's also the way that I can't help but feel awe at how the series has gone to a really simple 2D sidescroller game to what would basically be literally the fastest game series ever made with complex level design and loads of characters and dialogue.

T: What are your hobbies and interests?
F: I play a lot more video games than I should for someone of my age, trolling people, be it in real life or on the Internet, and surfing the web. Pretty much, I'm a really boring guy haha.

T: What bugs you?
F: Let me see, the way SWF is run, hypocrites, my school, 12 year olds, and most of all, bugs.

T: Favourite color? Food? Number? Song? Music group? Moment in real life? Moment on SWF?
F: My favorite color is black, but since black isn't actually a color, then red, my favorite food is good old fashioned chicken and rice and beans, 42, Another Brick in the Wall part 2, Pink Floyd, the time that I met my best friend, and the moment that I apparently wasn't the worst poster ever anymore.

T: If you could host a party and invite people from SWF, who and why?
F: There wouldn't be that much people since I don't like that many people, let me tell you that. It'd probably something along the lines of F8AL, you, Serris, ZIO, Strong Bad, rPSI, Nday, uhhhh, I'd think of more, but I'm at a blank. Pretty much all these people are such great people and great people to talk with.

T: Who would you like to see in future interviews?
F: Pretty much the people above lol. Most importantly I'd like to see you and F8AL in an interview though haha.

T: You wake up one day and discover you're stuck on an island, forced to survive with a small handful of people from the Light Hosue. Who's your survival team?
F: Oh oh, I got this. F8AL because every main character needs a wingman, ODIN because he's a beast with guns and if it was a Lost scenario, then I'm gonna be pretty sure that he brought guns with him, Wretched because there needs to be someone to die by being mauled by an animal in every island scenario, you just because we need a more legit Asian guy on the island, Serris because <3, ZIO because... well he's awesome, and Leafy just because the guy from the Old Spice commercials.

T: Sounds like a fantastic lineup. Strong Bad wants to conclude with "Why so dense?"
F: y u mad tho?

T: Thanks for doing this interview, Fuelbi!
F: No prob! Was my pleasure and I still can't believe I got voted for one of these.[/collapse]

Interview #11: Serris
[collapse=Details]Terywj: Hello Serris! Thanks for taking the time for this interview. Why don't we start with the basics such as name, age, location, stuff like that.
Serris: Okay. Well, my name's Stephen. I'm 19 years old, and I live in Plymouth, Massachusetts. I'm majoring in graphic design at Cape Cod Community College.

Terywj: How did you come upon Smashboards?
Serris: I came across SmashBoards thanks to a Google search back in 2007, when information about Brawl was still news. I loved the Smash series, so when I found a huge community dedicated to discussing it, I was eager to participate.

Terywj: What did you enjoy the most about Smash?
Serris: I think what I found the most entertaining about the Smash series is that there were no limits to the madness. Every major Nintendo title was represented in some way, and the number of ways you could beat the crap out of each other seemed practically limitless. Nintendo was a big part of my childhood, so I relished the opportunity to shoot Mario in the face.

Terywj: What other video games do you enjoy, and do you have a favourite?
Serris: When it comes to fighting games, I'm a big fan of the Marvel vs. Capcom and SoulCalibur series. Recently, I've started getting into Street Fighter. For other genres, pretty much all of Nintendo's core franchises, and some first-person shooters. There is one game that sticks out as a favorite, though. Even though the Metroid franchise is my favorite Nintendo creation, my favorite game of all time is Yoshi's Island. The art style was perfect, the music was catchy, and the platforming was solid. It did everything it set out to do flawlessly.

Terywj: Speaking of Marvel vs. Capcom, SupaSairento asks, "What is your main team in UMvC3?"
Serris: I primarily use Phoenix on point, Nova second, and X-23 as an anchor.

T: Oppositely, what are some of your least favourite games?
S: Oh, this could go on for days. I like to think that there's at least one element to a game that can be appreciated, even if the rest of it's bad, but there are some that prove me wrong. Superman 64 and the Fuzion Frenzy series on the XBox are absolutely, irredeemably terrible. Daikatana's pretty awful too.

T: Outside of video games, what are some other interests and hobbies that you have?
S: I love to draw. I've been doing that since I was old enough to pick up a pencil. I also read, write, act, sing, and dance. I have a huge appreciation for expressing emotion and creative thought. Theatre and the performing arts are a very big hobby of mine.

T: Where have you enjoyed the most in your travels?
S: I think I most enjoyed my stay in rural California. The pace of life was much more relaxed, and the people were very friendly.

T: Favourite food? Drink? Colour? Book? Song? Artist?
S: For food, I'm going to have to go with filet mignon. That's probably the most delicious cut of steak you can get. Cook it all the way through with some peppercorn seasoning and garlic. Iit's to die for.

Drink? Definitely Brisk lemonade. I'm mainly a water drinker, but Lipton somehow managed to get the perfect sweet-to-sour ratio.

I love the color red. It's so primal, yet tender.

I have a very eccentric taste in music. Picking a specific song is a bit difficult, but I'm going to go with "Reflection" from Mulan. Amazing movie, great song with an inspiring message.

Artist is a difficult pick because the term can apply to any number of performers, writers, and painters. I think, out of all of them, I admire Leonardo da Vinci the most for his skill with the brush, as well as his progressive thinking and intelligence. I can also relate to him for his tendency to leave a lot of his projects half-finished. Story of my life.

T: You win an all-expenses-paid vacation to anywhere in the world and can bring two Smashboarders. Who comes along, and where are you headed?
S: I'd pick the projects of Brooklyn, and bring you and F8AL just to see how long you two would last. Now, for my serious answer: I'd like to see London. England's always been a bit of a fascination of mine. I really would bring you and F8AL, though. That part wasn't a joke.

T: If you could meet anyone you wanted, including people from the past, who would you want to meet and why?
S: I'd like to meet my father's older brother. He committed suicide when I was three, and I never had the chance to meet him or learn anything from him.

T: Do you believe in extraterrestrial life?
S: Of course I do. My parents started me on Star Trek: Voyager when I was three. To think that humanity is the only sentient, intelligent species in the universe is ignorant and a bit arrogant.

T: Who would win, Samus or Phoenix?
S: They've both destroyed planets, but Jean Grey did it with her brain, not a suit of armor. No contest.

T: Where do you see yourself in six years?
S: In a steady relationship, living in an apartment away from my parents. For work, I'd be doing contract jobs for companies looking to re-shape their corporate identity through redesigning their logos and typography.

T: Since there's one interview left in the interview project, if you could choose the final interviewee, who would you choose?
S: I'd like to see Sentinel get interviewed. He seems like a guy who's down-to-earth and composed while still knowing how to have a good time.

T: And finally, which came first: the chicken or the egg?
S: I'm going to spare you a lecture on temporal paradoxes and just go with "no comment."

T: Thank you for this interview, Serris!
S: No, thank you for deeming me interesting enough to interview.[/collapse]

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Post for subscription.

Guess I'll vote-

ZIO

No, I'm kidding, let's start with our MOD - F8AL.

That is all for my vote. :cool:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I guess it's acceptable to nominate yourself?

If so, then I nominate:

Myself
finalark
Serris

If not, then replace me with Lythium.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yup, I like those two alot, although I'm also good with Ike as well haha.

I'll nominate myself soon as well haha.

:phone:

finalark

SNORLAX
I think that before recording of any interview begins, everyone should post questions they want to ask the interviewee. The interviewer chooses the questions s/he thinks are the most interesting and asks said interviewee.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm yeah. after nominating, let's spout those questions? however i think the interviewer should have a list of like, standard questions or more interesting questions that we didn't think of

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Wow, looks like both F8AL and Lithy have the most votes, it sure seems like it.

So....what's going to be asked lol...?

:phone:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Lythium
Smooth Criminal
F8AL

No doubt.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
No love for me?

And I unnominate Serris.
Well, there is only a limit of 3 nominations per phase...

And what's wrong with Serris? I think he's a pretty cool dude.

ohhh

lyth is a good nomination

shoutouts to being a girl on the internet
Lythium is awesome. :bee:

:( I keep forgetting about people.
Yeah, there are too many people here in the LH to choose from during the 1st nominations phase.

looks like f8al is bodying the polls. his presence is fatal to others

*shades*
http://mirrors.rit.edu/instantCSI/

I think that before recording of any interview begins, everyone should post questions they want to ask the interviewee. The interviewer chooses the questions s/he thinks are the most interesting and asks said interviewee.
Good idea, and Tery and I will be handling the interviews. I plan on working out further details with him the next time I see him online on Skype.

The most popular people, because that's what this is.
We'll get to everyone eventually, don't take this the wrong way. :scared:

This is a pretty awesome idea. Good call.
Thank you, CK! I actually proposed this idea last night to the LH and everyone seemed to like it. :)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
--Nomination Tally-- (Italics indicate the options for the poll if nominations were to close)
F8AL x12
Lythium x5
Choknater x4
Finalark x4

Smooth Criminal x3
Minato x2
Zio x2
OmegaXVII x2
KumaOso
Terywj
Serris
Odin
:Mad:

I'll let it slide because I was dumb when posting the OP, but for future interviews you are not allowed to nominate yourself. Not that this factored too heavily on the nominations thus far anyway.

And yes, I'll cover the general questions in the interview.

Edit--@Sentinel--Anything and everything regarding your fellow Light House gamers.

D

Deleted member

I nominate F8AL, and uhhh.... lemme get back to that on round 2 lol

edit: damnit tery :p

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I nominate F8AL, and uhhh.... lemme get back to that on round 2 lol

edit: damnit tery :p
Heheheh. We could theoretically proceed with F8AL as our winner, skipping the voting phase entirely because of his nominations, even though he lacks a supermajority.

But that's up to you guys. Everything in the OP are guidelines but isn't clean cut to that extent.

D

Deleted member

he has over double the votes of the second in the list lol

D

Deleted member

but everyone gets 3 votes lol. that means that even if he would be in EVERY nomination he would only score 1/3th of the total votes

Top Bottom