• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I thought they wouldn't censor it if I parsed it instead of just leaving it.
copy the new link, and replace "*****" with the B word.

Homophobe: (Noun) Someone with a an extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuals.

I disagree with this definition. Solely because of the word choice. "Aversion" and "extreme". These words paint too narrow a picture for my liking. Homophobia should be thought of to entail not just those extreme aversions, but any irational feelings of distaste or superiority to homosexuality.

=)@MePlz

Smash Apprentice
Before I start, I'm not a homosexual.

It's quite saddening how people see gays and lesbians in society. If they're close-minded, then they will just shut them out of their minds. I find homosexuals no different than others; they are just appealed to the same gender. They are usually kinder, generous, and great people.

Now when people make friends, they will probably find it awkward to hang out or even talk to homosexuals. I bet gay SWF members find this extremely annoying.

Gays are not a negative thing to society. In fact, they make our community more lively and exciting, not like these insipid people with the exact same interests.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer

Homophobe: (Noun) Someone with a an extreme and irrational aversion to homosexuals.

I disagree with this definition. Solely because of the word choice. "Aversion" and "extreme". These words paint too narrow a picture for my liking. Homophobia should be thought of to entail not just those extreme aversions, but any irational feelings of distaste or superiority to homosexuality.
Do you need to have the term -phobia defined, too?

Is there a reason people feel the need to say "I'm not homosexual myself" before they begin talking? None of us give a **** either way, and certainly less so to an internet alias.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

Is there a reason people feel the need to say "I'm not homosexual myself" before they begin talking? None of us give a **** either way, and certainly less so to an internet alias.
iunno... sometimes saying that can just add something buy introducing that even straight people can share some of our concerns for modern policy.

Smash Master
Why is there affirmative action for women and different races, but not for gay people? I disagree with the concept of affirmative action altogether, but I think that gays are by far the most discriminated against group in the hiring/firing process. It should include us or be abolished completely.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It should...be abolished completely.
Really just this.

I see your point about AA applying to gay people too, but the problem we would run into is anyone can say they're gay. Race and gender are things people can physically see. With homosexuality, people can fake it.

EDIT: Plus, I'm just entirely against the idea of Affirmative Action (I know you said you are too), and that would apply even if I were to somehow benefit from it. If I work for a homophobe and he find out I'm gay, then he's going to want me gone. While I think that's pig-headed, I also think that's his right as my boss. If he doesn't like gay people, then he's going to have trouble working with me, meaning a straight person would probably fill my position in a way that would better suit the business. I may be a better fit for the job, but I'm not necessarily the best fit for the company.

Smash Master
And his competition would drive him out because he's not operating at maximum efficiency...blah,blah,blah.

I can think of a few tests for gayness...

I guess it would only apply to those people who are openly gay, since those are the people being discriminated against.

highfive

Smash Lord
Before I start: I am not gay, nor do I have anything against them. I have come to share my sympathy with those who wish to be themselves. Live your lives. I had a girlfriend who turned out to be bi-sexual. I left her not because she was bi, but because she cheated on me. I have many friends who have turned out to be bi, or gay, or lesbian. Whatever, they're people, and they deserve to be treated kindly. Be strong and be bold. and oh yeah... be free.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I'm gonna go with a no right there.
I dunno about that, Hedgedawg. In my last interview, the manager asked me, "What is your favorite Madonna album?" I responded with, "Oh, I really like her early work." She made a note and asked me to leave. ($1 to Family Guy)

But, yeah. Women, racial minorities... *******? They probably have it a bit harder in the workplace and all of that than the gays.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Truth, and it definitely does effect peoples' relationships with other parties so it's definitely pertinent to establish.

Eh, but the real issue here is the assumption of homosexuality for anyone who posts here, when I first started posting, I did a nice rant about the assumption of homosexuality for any guy who participates at all in anything gay-related including simple activism.

The fact is, he did it because society makes assumptions that are in many cases poor.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I'm in love and the odd thing is I feel more comfortable saying it here than anywhere else. I'm in love with a woman who thinks we've got chemistry but "doesn't feel anything." That was when I wasn't sure of my feelings for her. And now I've fallen for her more deeply than I'm willing to admit. I know she's so far beyond me. But I'm going to change her mind. I'm determined to.

This girl is the most beautiful woman that has ever walked the earth. You may call that infatuation or hyperbole--call it what you will. Your opinion doesn't matter to me. To me she is just that, and it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Yesterday she walked barefoot, I had to look at her footwear, because everything else about her was so beautiful. Her bare feet fit so perfectly. They weren't perfect, and I think that's why I love them. Her feet are so beautifully imperfect. They're the last thing I'd think about in a woman, and that's why I love them so much. Because from the deepest part of her heart, the truest part of her personality--from the top of her head to the tips of her toes, I love her. In the most unapologetic way, I love her. I haven't wanted to admit it for the longest time. I haven't even wanted to say I might even consider this girl romantically.

She's stolen my heart. And, I only use that cliché because it was entirely without my consent that my heart was taken from that double-locked and triple bolted steel box in my closet of disjointed personalities. My personality comes out in morse code, you see. I show myself in very small glimpses. You see three quick glimpses of me, then three longer instances, and then another three quick glimpses, then--stop. It's gone. But she draws out a clear fluid line and divides my riddled insanity with what I really feel. She draws me out in the strangest of ways and I don't think she even knows it.

Call me crazy, and I'll agree. There's nothing logical about this. I'm glad for it, too. I've lost my heart in all that unsensical 'logic'. Sheer truth, completely illogical, but so unapologetically and beautifully honest--yes, I'd rather that. Because when the chains strapped over my heart begin to quake, I dare to hope. People have had to try to squeeze through those cold links and reach what might be me for the longest time, and the first chain has fallen off. I can only begin to hope that the rest will follow suit.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
I'm in love and the odd thing is I feel more comfortable saying it here than anywhere else. I'm in love with a woman who thinks we've got chemistry but "doesn't feel anything." That was when I wasn't sure of my feelings for her. And now I've fallen for her more deeply than I'm willing to admit. I know she's so far beyond me. But I'm going to change her mind. I'm determined to.

This girl is the most beautiful woman that has ever walked the earth. You may call that infatuation or hyperbole--call it what you will. Your opinion doesn't matter to me. To me she is just that, and it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Yesterday she walked barefoot, I had to look at her footwear, because everything else about her was so beautiful. Her bare feet fit so perfectly. They weren't perfect, and I think that's why I love them. Her feet are so beautifully imperfect. They're the last thing I'd think about in a woman, and that's why I love them so much. Because from the deepest part of her heart, the truest part of her personality--from the top of her head to the tips of her toes, I love her. In the most unapologetic way, I love her. I haven't wanted to admit it for the longest time. I haven't even wanted to say I might even consider this girl romantically.

She's stolen my heart. And, I only use that cliché because it was entirely without my consent that my heart was taken from that double-locked and triple bolted steel box in my closet of disjointed personalities. My personality comes out in morse code, you see. I show myself in very small glimpses. You see three quick glimpses of me, then three longer instances, and then another three quick glimpses, then--stop. It's gone. But she draws out a clear fluid line and divides my riddled insanity with what I really feel. She draws me out in the strangest of ways and I don't think she even knows it.

Call me crazy, and I'll agree. There's nothing logical about this. I'm glad for it, too. I've lost my heart in all that unsensical 'logic'. Sheer truth, completely illogical, but so unapologetically and beautifully honest--yes, I'd rather that. Because when the chains strapped over my heart begin to quake, I dare to hope. People have had to try to squeeze through those cold links and reach what might be me for the longest time, and the first chain has fallen off. I can only begin to hope that the rest will follow suit.
There is only one sentence that fit this all in....

*music starts*

I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE...

YALL OTHER BROTHAS CAN'T DENY...

Smash Master
I would experience such incredible evil schadenfruede if she turned out to be a lesbian.

90% of me hopes that doesn't happen, though. Best of luck Proverbs.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Only 90% of you numbers? Why would ANY of you want that? Are you that big of an ***-hat?

...everything else about her was so beautiful. Her bare feet fit so perfectly. They weren't perfect, and I think that's why I love them. Her feet are so beautifully imperfect...
It's the imperfections in people that make them beautiful mate. Otherwise everyone is pretty boring. Perfection isn't beautiful; it's drab.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Can you guys help me think of excuses to go hang out with my boyfriend?

You guys were right, I feel so happy with him, and he's not pressuring me to do anything, I love it.

But I can't think of ways to go see him withoutmy mom knowing.

Help?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Just say going to see "friends" instead of "friend."

If you don't wanna lie, make it so you actually do see another friend - but just for a minute. xD

.Marik

is a social misfit
This girl is the most beautiful woman that has ever walked the earth.
I feel the exact way about a girl I really, really, really care about...

Beautifully written man. I wish you luck.

God, your post was so perfect.

So, how does it feel to be a prejudiced minority? To have religious zealots who can't back up an ounce worth of the **** they talk, either than saying "God says it's wrong!"

You know what? I'm straight, and I support gay marriage to the fullest. You want to be with someone you love? Someone that makes you happy? **** them, go for it. They don't know anything about it. It's none of their business as to what homosexual people do, and to interfere like the way haters do, only makes them look arrogant as ****ing hell.

It's not the 1940's anymore. Accept it. Gay people want to marry. Why should people even care about it if they are not homosexual themselves?

It's human nature to hate, and find a minority group responsible for our problems. Now politically, gays should marry with the same rights hetrosexual people have. Why make it any different? I honestly can't find a suitable, acceptable reason.

So. Once again, I'm not homosexual myself, but I support gay marriage and gays having same-sex relationships.

**** haters.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
What's with all the straight boys comin' in here recently? Oh well, as long as they keep up the love, I'm happy as can be.
I feel the exact way about a girl I really, really, really care about...

Beautifully written man. I wish you luck.

God, your post was so perfect.
all you boys in love...

So, how does it feel to be a prejudiced minority?
it sucks. Makes me feel special in that way though, you know. That I've got an uphill battle for no reason and I live with it.

To have religious zealots who can't back up an ounce worth of the **** they talk, either than saying "God says it's wrong!"
in all fairness here, there are plenty who feel the same way with no religious reasoning. Some people, my father, for example, thinks it's wrong because it's "a disgusting perversion" not for anything any religious text has said.

You know what? I'm straight, and I support gay marriage to the fullest. You want to be with someone you love? Someone that makes you happy? **** them, go for it. They don't know anything about it. It's none of their business as to what homosexual people do, and to interfere like the way haters do, only makes them look arrogant as ****ing hell.

It's not the 1940's anymore. Accept it. Gay people want to marry. Why should people even care about it if they are not homosexual themselves?

It's human nature to hate, and find a minority group responsible for our problems. Now politically, gays should marry with the same rights hetrosexual people have. Why make it any different? I honestly can't find a suitable, acceptable reason.

So. Once again, I'm not homosexual myself, but I support gay marriage and gays having same-sex relationships.

**** haters.
all in time.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I see the gay rights issue being similar to the womans rights and black rights in the past. We just got to give it time, they're be more and more accepted each year. By 20 years in the future gays will be accepted just like anyone else.
At least, I hope. There's always a chance it could go wrong :c

But yeah, it's really nice to see straight people for gay rights <3

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I see the gay rights issue being similar to the womans rights and black rights in the past. We just got to give it time, they're be more and more accepted each year. By 20 years in the future gays will be accepted just like anyone else.
At least, I hope. There's always a chance it could go wrong :c

But yeah, it's really nice to see straight people for gay rights <3
Well before women or blacks got their rights, they DID fight for them. Both the opressed minority and the sympathizing fraction of the minority made lots of noise.

I'm not one to cause a stir, but that seems to be the method that's been used in the past.

Deception

Smash Ace
Well before women or blacks got their rights, they DID fight for them. Both the opressed minority and the sympathizing fraction of the minority made lots of noise.

I'm not one to cause a stir, but that seems to be the method that's been used in the past.
All significant changes in civil rights in history have had some sort of revolt involved.

And the more straight people that join the cause, the better. LGBT people are a minority, and cannot win on their own unless we straight people also help the cause.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
in all fairness here, there are plenty who feel the same way with no religious reasoning. Some people, my father, for example, thinks it's wrong because it's "a disgusting perversion" not for anything any religious text has said.
iknowrite? but im sure i can think of at least 10 other things thats more disgusting than
(wo)man on (wo)man action.

whats with all these people falling in love all of the sudden? makes me :mad:

lol, but seriously it kinda does.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
All significant changes in civil rights in history have had some sort of revolt involved.

And the more straight people that join the cause, the better. LGBT people are a minority, and cannot win on their own unless we straight people also help the cause.
A much smaller minority than women (who are actually a majority) or blacks.

iknowrite? but im sure i can think of at least 10 other things thats more disgusting than
(wo)man on (wo)man action.

whats with all these people falling in love all of the sudden? makes me :mad:

lol, but seriously it kinda does.
I believe envy is a more correct feeling.

Smash Master
Only 90% of you numbers? Why would ANY of you want that? Are you that big of an ***-hat?

It's the imperfections in people that make them beautiful mate. Otherwise everyone is pretty boring. Perfection isn't beautiful; it's drab.
Yeah, yeah. I would appreciate the irony. :bee:

Don't get me wrong, though. I think Proverbs is a cool guy, at least from what I can discern from his posting style, and I'm glad he's on our side.

I keep liking masculine guys, and they keep being impossible dreams.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
My gay latino student stayed until lab was over tonight and we walked back together...

... clearly there was only one thing on both our minds.

We went up to his room

dimmed the lights...

and then busted out gamecube controllers and began to beat the living **** out of each other using brawl princesses....

okay that's not entirely true. I pulled an invincible with my peach the first round when I rendered his peach useless on Luigi's mansion.

seriously. the timer didn't even have a full second on it before he screamed because of the turnip flying at him already... 50 damage quickly followed as did 2 KOs by death turnip and several peach bomber connections.

^_^

I then went easy on him and only 2 stocked him from then on out, using a diverse cast.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

u think LGBT are looked down upon.look at my people the jews.we r a huge minority and even less of us are in the world then LGBT people.least yall didnt have a holocast, hear the dumbest jokes ever constantly involved with hitler,being cheap,and bein math nerds,and be slaves since egyptian times

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
u think LGBT are looked down upon.look at my people the jews.we r a huge minority and even less of us are in the world then LGBT people.least yall didnt have a holocast, hear the dumbest jokes ever constantly involved with hitler,being cheap,and bein math nerds,and be slaves since egyptian times
I do not wish to undermine the suffering experienced by your people, but the holocaust, while horrible, is at least past tense now. Currently your people might be the butt of jokes (as all groups are, some merely more than others) but at least there is no legal discrimination against you like there is our group.

I wouldn't attempt to make a comparison except, well, you did.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I do not wish to undermine the suffering experienced by your people, but the holocaust, while horrible, is at least past tense now. Currently your people might be the butt of jokes (as all groups are, some merely more than others) but at least there is no legal discrimination against you like there is our group.

I wouldn't attempt to make a comparison except, well, you did.
it's cool man.funny thing tho is most things people say bout jews is true for my family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom