• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Sweet! Another DoH debate:p I love reading debates about homosexuality because DoH always does a good job defending
I miss c-x debate, we only have parli here, and I'm scared of doing that

also i'm glad this topic is back, hopefully it's on track

edit:
it took me exactly 6 minutes to spread your aff, DoH
I suck at spread =[

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I don't because the ones against it homosexuals usually have stupid reasons:

1) God doesn't like homosexuality (He also doesn't like lying, cheating, stealing, being jealous. Yet how many people do those things on a daily basis)

2) It's disgusting to watch to two men kiss each other (as it's disgusting to watch a man and a woman kissing each other. And why is it that lesbians kissing never seems to be an issue?)

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I was going to post this on my blog but for some reason I feel compelled to post it here. Probably because if I post it on my blog a lot of people will spaz out on me. This seems like an appropriate place to post this so here it goes:

Who am I?

I don’t know anymore. I’m so used to suppressing, hiding, and avoiding anything that feels natural in the name of “self-control”. Some people who know me say I have none but they have no idea. There’s a lot I can’t talk about or do around most people. Because people never seem to be ok with most of the stuff I really think. For instance: I like guys. Now I haven’t written girls off entirely; but thus far no one special has come into my life for a long enough period of time for me to even know how I should feel about someone. I don’t think I know what it’s like to be in love. I have an idea of maybe the start of that and I can say that I’ve felt that towards both guys and girls. But I seem doomed to always have good things taken away from me and in their place I get… some poor excuse for why being unhappy makes me stronger.

I’m not sure that telling people I’m bi will make me happy. I still have trouble looking at myself and saying it. I suppose I’ve just been so stigmatized by my upbringing and a long series of life events that made me think that I can’t accept anything short of anything “perfect”. I need to perfect body to go with the perfect grades so I can get the perfect girl and a perfect job and have a perfect family and my life will be one happy party. The only things missing are unicorns and leprechauns. Did I mention I suffer from an inferiority complex, and a complex clinical depressions disorder? It doesn’t help that I’ve been told what I can and can’t accept about myself.

Recently I’ve been able to open up a bit more to people. I’m a very flirtatious person by nature. If it can be flirted or hit on (in my adorable innocent way) it shall be. On top of that I’m really sarcastic. But sarcasm has been my cover-up for years and years now. So now some people keep me around for a good laugh; but I’m always second or third to some one else. Even in relationships, I’ve never been in one because girls (I’ve yet to encounter any eligible bachelors yet) always come to me as the rebound guy. I try to be nice and not take advantage of their emotional instability so I just comfort them, give them some advice, lend a listening ear… then they feel better and they run right back to the ******* that broke their heart in the first place.

I don’t care who needs me. I just need someone to actually need me. Someone who can hold onto me and that I can hold onto. Gender doesn’t matter to me because I want to think I’m open to anything. I know deep down I really am but right now I have to fight to keep myself from burying anything that seems like it’s genuinely part of me. I feel pathetic. It’s like I’m just reaching out to anything or anyone that comes my way in a desperate plea for acceptance.

I don’t know what to do now. I suppose the reason I bring this up here is because this –is- the LBGT thread and you all seem to be very supportive here. Right now I have no one who knows what’s going on in my head or understands it.

Just to make things more complicated: there’s a girl back home that I like and I know she likes me. I don’t know where things are going or if we will ever become “us”. But I’m afraid that if I accept my sexuality that it will jeopardize any shot at happiness I might have with her. This is just all so confusing.
yeah... this is the first time I've brought this up anywhere.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I was going to post this on my blog but for some reason I feel compelled to post it here. Probably because if I post it on my blog a lot of people will spaz out on me. This seems like an appropriate place to post this so here it goes:

yeah... this is the first time I've brought this up anywhere.
*gives big hugz to takumaru*

awwwr. Come on buddy just take a few deep breaths and let it all out. I'd be lying if I didn't say that at least 90% of what you said in your quote was applicable to me at at least one point in my life story.

My dreams of success still involve the right job with the right house with the right wife having lots of children in the right neighborhood and the right friends and everything is happy and wonderful.... the problem is, women just don't do anything for me sexually. I can love one (as a friend I guess) I can find them beautiful.... but... they just... don't do anything for me. So I KNOW my dreams are just an illusion... and when I accepted that.... it really hurt. But now that that's over... I feel better about myself.

It was really tough, you know, starting to think "I'm gay... I just am no excuses... that's how I am" I mean... I DID NOT WANT to be gay... NEVER wanted to be gay.... and it hurt thinking my life was/is a lie but... oce I made it through that rough acceptance, my eyes opened and I discovered I was finally accepting myself for who I am... for the first time..... EVER... and that was a wonderful feeling. What's more, other people accepted me too. :) (thanks all you guys)

I probably NEVER would have made it through everything in one peice if Pyrogamer hadn't have been so supportive. As it it, he's still the only person in my real life that knows that I'm gay and, if anything, it strengthened our friendship.

Now I'm not telling you to take it too fast Takumaru. I wouldn't advise making any decisions you really don't want to. I'm just saying.... do not fear that you will not come out all right on the other side of this tribulation. We'll all be here to catch you if you should fall and to cheer you if you do not... that's kinda why we're all here in the first place.

Since you seem to be in such inner turmoil, I appologize for pushing you into this... gaydar is simultaniously a blessing and a curse and I didn't mean to try to drag you out of the closet. I just hope that you realize that there's a lot more fun to be had in the main living area than that musty old closet. ;)

but I digress. BIG HUGZ again for making such a big step. The day will come when that person in the mirror really IS you... and he looks fabulous :laugh:

Takumaru

Smash Lord
*gives big hugz to takumaru*

awwwr. Come on buddy just take a few deep breaths and let it all out. I'd be lying if I didn't say that at least 90% of what you said in your quote was applicable to me at at least one point in my life story.

My dreams of success still involve the right job with the right house with the right wife having lots of children in the right neighborhood and the right friends and everything is happy and wonderful.... the problem is, women just don't do anything for me sexually. I can love one (as a friend I guess) I can find them beautiful.... but... they just... don't do anything for me. So I KNOW my dreams are just an illusion... and when I accepted that.... it really hurt. But now that that's over... I feel better about myself.

It was really tough, you know, starting to think "I'm gay... I just am no excuses... that's how I am" I mean... I DID NOT WANT to be gay... NEVER wanted to be gay.... and it hurt thinking my life was/is a lie but... oce I made it through that rough acceptance, my eyes opened and I discovered I was finally accepting myself for who I am... for the first time..... EVER... and that was a wonderful feeling. What's more, other people accepted me too. :) (thanks all you guys)

I probably NEVER would have made it through everything in one peice if Pyrogamer hadn't have been so supportive. As it it, he's still the only person in my real life that knows that I'm gay and, if anything, it strengthened our friendship.

Now I'm not telling you to take it too fast Takumaru. I wouldn't advise making any decisions you really don't want to. I'm just saying.... do not fear that you will not come out all right on the other side of this tribulation. We'll all be here to catch you if you should fall and to cheer you if you do not... that's kinda why we're all here in the first place.

Since you seem to be in such inner turmoil, I appologize for pushing you into this... gaydar is simultaniously a blessing and a curse and I didn't mean to try to drag you out of the closet. I just hope that you realize that there's a lot more fun to be had in the main living area than that musty old closet. ;)

but I digress. BIG HUGZ again for making such a big step. The day will come when that person in the mirror really IS you... and he looks fabulous :laugh:

Nah, you don't need to apologize. If anything I needed the push. BIG HUGZ back at cha baby.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
There's a really cool transformation, or sort of rite of passage that every gay person has to go through. The circumstances are always different, but the outcome is always the same. In the end, you'll become a stronger person, even though a lot of us weren't in the first place. It's almost empowering, and you feel a new level of .... hell, I don't even know what to call it. But you feel a new level of 'power' that other people can't fathom.

At least, that's what happened with me. It's weird.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It's not really a POWER, I just can't think of a good word. It's more of a weird "I've been to a mental state that only gay dudes can get to" mentality. Hahaha.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
===========
before i go..
iwant to tell you one thing..
Lets say you've got some secret.. deep one..
i know it xD
im THAT smart but so stupid..
i always kinda new and just saw othr things baout you..
good night
==========

My friend, who moved away sent me this last night. I got it just now cause I disconnected before he told me.

I don't know what the effing hell to think.

EDIT: OMG Takamaru, that was quite the epic blog post, even if you won't post it. Reading it made me wish I could do something, but virtual support is all I can offer. Yes, life is not as simple as people paint it, school>Uni>job>wife>kids>rinse and repeat. You're right, it's much more complicated and it hurts a lot along the way. I mean, when you can't even understand yourself, how can you even begin to understand life. It's sucky, but it's all supposed to click someday.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Yeah... there is a kind of empowerment that can only come from screwing the accepted norms of society and finally being comfortable in your own skin. It's like a metamorphasis... a relief. you feel a kind of confidence that you've never felt before. it's wonderful.

===========
before i go..
iwant to tell you one thing..
Lets say you've got some secret.. deep one..
i know it xD
im THAT smart but so stupid..
i always kinda new and just saw othr things baout you..
good night
==========

My friend, who moved away sent me this last night. I got it just now cause I disconnected before he told me.

I don't know what the effing hell to think.
umm.... that he's always known you were gay and accepted you anyway. That he'd be fine with it if you were to ever admit it to him...in fact, he was probably always waiting for you to do so... at least... that's what I'd guess :ohwell:

Takumaru

Smash Lord
There's a really cool transformation, or sort of rite of passage that every gay person has to go through. The circumstances are always different, but the outcome is always the same. In the end, you'll become a stronger person, even though a lot of us weren't in the first place. It's almost empowering, and you feel a new level of .... hell, I don't even know what to call it. But you feel a new level of 'power' that other people can't fathom.

At least, that's what happened with me. It's weird.
So wait, when you come out of the closet you get a new outfit AND super powers?

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Yeah... there is a kind of empowerment that can only come from screwing the accepted norms of society and finally being comfortable in your own skin. It's like a metamorphasis... a relief. you feel a kind of confidence that you've never felt before. it's wonderful.

umm.... that he's always known you were gay and accepted you anyway. That he'd be fine with it if you were to ever admit it to him...in fact, he was probably always waiting for you to do so... at least... that's what I'd guess :ohwell:
Yeah, then I go and tell him that and he says "WHAT? I was so WRONG" or he could be teasing me, or, or......
*head explodes*

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
I just wanted to say that from reading from some of your posts you guys seem to be the nicest and most understanding people, and that really helps when people come in here wondering about their sexual orientation (which as some remember, I did, and I realized that I'm straight with H-Sexual tendencies)

Devil7

Smash Journeyman
On the edge of Final Destination waiting to kill y
Ok I have a few questions and maybe you guys/girls can help me out here, since I like to get my information straight from the horse's mouth so to speak.

Let me start off by saying I'm not gay, I also have nothing against gays/lesbians. I'm also not here to bash either, I just have a question.

At my job I have three gay men (who are "together") that frequently visit were I work. While they are there they only talk about what they plan on "doing" to each other that night when they get home. Personally I find any public talk of any sexual action is rude. I don't care if they are staight or homosexual. If some guy started talking about how he was going to **** his girlfriend and *** in her ***** I would think it was rude and confront him about it (Since thats part of my job there). Anyway, I confront the three men about the issue and they keep telling me I need to be more accepting and stop being homophobic and usually cause a scene everytime.

I'de hardly call that being homophobic, but what do you guys think about the situation.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yeah... that's disgusting either way.

and @ really good year.... Iunno... it seems obvious to me... but you'll never swim if you don't jump into the pool ;)

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I need to know something. I'm very torn right now between who I am and I think I should be. I guess just need some advice on how you tell the difference between the two. Er... I don't think I'm explaining myself. How do you get past the things in your head that you know you aren't true such as "the moment I come out everyone will turn their back on me"? I know some of it might be true.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Sweet! Another DoH debate:p I love reading debates about homosexuality because DoH always does a good job defending
I miss c-x debate, we only have parli here, and I'm scared of doing that

also i'm glad this topic is back, hopefully it's on track

edit:
it took me exactly 6 minutes to spread your aff, DoH
I suck at spread =[
It took me 4:30 just now, but I'm out of shape and I hadn't read that in a while.

Have I ever told you guys my coming out story? It's a good one.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
@devil7
thats rude to do in public. they should be hogtied w/ the rainbow pride flag for trying to pull the gay card for indecent talk.

@D'oh
i haven't heard the story i want to hear it.

@takumaru
i wish i could help you, but im still closeted so idk what to tell you. :ohwell:

Devil7

Smash Journeyman
@devil7
thats rude to do in public. they should be hogtied w/ the rainbow pride flag for trying to pull the gay card for indecent talk.
Thats basically what I thought, but I wanted to be sure it wasn't just me.

Last time I threatened to throw them out, they were talking about how they would return with more people and protest against the place for being an anti-gay establishment. :ohwell:

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Thats basically what I thought, but I wanted to be sure it wasn't just me.

Last time I threatened to throw them out, they were talking about how they would return with more people and protest against the place for being an anti-gay establishment. :ohwell:
Yeah, see most people just decide to hit your wallet directly by filing a law suit. Gays hit your wallet indirectly by killing your PR. :laugh:

Devil7

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, see most people just decide to hit your wallet directly by filing a law suit. Gays hit your wallet indirectly by killing your PR. :laugh:
EPICFACEPALM

I wish some of you were here to tell them to STFU, but alas I don't know any other gay people which seems to me to be the only way to put an end to this whole situation. Hey I'm all up for suggestions by the way.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Get another guy from the place you work to go talk to them-- have him lie, say he's gay.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
ust bring it up to the manager that it makes you grossly uncomfortable. if the manager is worth his/her salt, he/she SHOULD be able to impress upon our fantastically outspoken... and horny, trio just how improper their behavior is... I mean.. maybe they'll stop if they know that they are offending those around them... it's not to hard especially if you use the line

"other customers have been complaining about how uncomfortable you are making them."

then you can hope they straighten up or you would be completely justified in kicking them out.

Devil7

Smash Journeyman
I already know the manager isn't worth his salt, so its basically up to me.

And believe you me I have used that line already, TWICE. They accuse other customers of they same thing as me. They say they are just expressing that they are gay and I'm trying to prevent them from doing it.

Do you think they would follow through with a protest or not? Thats basically the only preventing me right now. I really don't need one of those on my hands because then stuff really goes down hill fast.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

And believe you me I have used that line already, TWICE. They accuse other customers of they same thing as me. They say they are just expressing that they are gay and I'm trying to prevent them from doing it.

Do you think they would follow through with a protest or not? Thats basically the only preventing me right now. I really don't need one of those on my hands because then stuff really goes down hill fast.
listen. what they are doing is wrong, not you. you would be completely justified in booting them if it were actually making other customers uncomfortable... there's a limit to what you can say in public. and, if the press asks, you just tell them exactly what they were talking about. especially if children could hear them, talking about graphic sexual acts in a public area is NOT okay and I do NOT condone that.

xenialshadow

Smash Cadet
Devil7 said:

Dude i say give them a taste of your their own medicine. I dunno, talk about doing stuff to a girl. Though i'm sure they can probably get you in trouble for that...

Or don't let it bother you and maybe they'll go away but it doesn't sound like that one will work if they've been coming for awhile now. Tape record their conversation in case they do wanna take somethin' to protest and you'll have some evidence as to why you wanted them to leave.

But anyway, them talkin' about their future sexual exploitations directly in front of you when you clearly don't want to hear them or even really know them is beyond rude and they're just acting like jerks. It's really hard to handle people like that 'cause "the customer is always right" -rolls eyes- and you CAN refuse them and make them leave, i think it's lawfully just. I think the worse they can do with a protest is stand in front of wherever you work at and tell people that they don't like gay people. Any lawyers or whatever probably won't be able to do anything. There's Freedom of Speech and then there's public vulgarity. I don't think lawyers would be able to touch the case unless they're incredibly celebrity rich. So yeah, just get rid of 'em. IF they protest (which they might not 'cause it takes a lot of work and takes too much time) then they'll survive a few days or people just won't care. If 3 people stand outside some place and tell me not to go in, i'm not gonna really care or listen. Power in numbers. If there were like 100 or somethin', then i might stop... but still, i doubt they'll have any effective protest or law suit or really much of anything. But i'm only 18...so my knowledge of the law and government is derived from AP government...so i wouldn't take what i say wholeheartedly...

Devil7

Smash Journeyman
xenialshadow and sonic the hedge dawg make really good points. Thanks for your help, I was pretty sure they were just being jerks thought the idea of recording them hadn't crossed my mind so....

But your all right anyway, so thanks. Just wanted to clear that up.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
xenialshadow and sonic the hedge dawg make really good points. Thanks for your help, I was pretty sure they were just being jerks thought the idea of recording them hadn't crossed my mind so....

But your all right anyway, so thanks. Just wanted to clear that up.
yeah... don't let that be your only opinion of homosexuals and we've done our job ;)

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Go up to them and say this, “I have to tell you something…. you are a ******, who looks like a hot mess… and not in a good way. You’re a tickity-tack-******-hot mess, out of control super-****** from Transylvania, who is not apologizing for it…..”

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
This reminds me of this guy at work that dresses and acts like a girl, but he gets offended if you refer to him as a her, or as a transvestite.

A transvestite is simply a man dressed as a woman-- if he doesn't want to be called a transvestite, then why dress like a woman?

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Because he can't distinguish between and transvestite and a transexual?

What do you do anyway? In terms of work that is.

xenialshadow

Smash Cadet
i'm actually not sure what the difference between a transvestite and a transsexual is =/ Or a transgendered. They're all different, right? i'm confuzzled...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
i'm actually not sure what the difference between a transvestite and a transsexual is =/ Or a transgendered. They're all different, right? i'm confuzzled...
It gets really confusing, but let me clear this up, at least. Transvestites just enjoy wearing the opposite sex's clothing, they do not identify as the opposite sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom