• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Level-5 Discussion

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Having played a good amount of YKW4 myself, YKW4 is really just okay, if I'm being honest.
Busters Red Cat/White Dog and 3 are WAY better.
I honestly thought it had the best gameplay out of all of them and that it's issues mainly stem from trying to make the jump to consoles

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I triend clicking on the layton discord link butnit said the invite expired lol
Oh well, nothing much I can do about that now, besides maybe asking a mod to change the link I suppose (if they still can).

At least I've got two other link's there, one for the Layton reddit which has a Discord too or if you guys want the one we had for Smashboards, then I suppose whoever has the (permanent) link for that can share it here and fogbadge fogbadge can post it into his OP.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh well, nothing much I can do about that now, besides maybe asking a mod to change the link I suppose (if they still can).

At least I've got two other link's there, one for the Layton reddit which has a Discord too or if you guys want the one we had for Smashboards, then I suppose whoever has the (permanent) link for that can share it here and fogbadge fogbadge can post it into his OP.
yeah i can do that

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
I honestly thought it had the best gameplay out of all of them and that it's issues mainly stem from trying to make the jump to consoles
The gameplay is just Busters Red Cat and White Dog but with an MP stat among other things. Busters could easily make a console leap on its own since it's mainly button inputs. I don't care for 4 due to how big the roster of Busters and 3 are with over 400 and 700 monsters respectively while 4 only has about 200, less than YKW1. I'd even argue YKW3 is way better for gameplay since 3's battle system is so deep and better balanced for its competitive metagame and you can still enjoy real time battling gameplay in Busters-T. Heck, if Busters-T had the full movesets and Big Boss mode of Red Cat and White Dog, 3 would absolutely no question be far better than 4.

Anyway, a friend just linked me to this showing
Fantasy Life Online is getting an EN version.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh wow, that's great to see.

Hopefully this is a good sign that their taking their baby steps on fully returning to the western market again.
Here's hoping they'll be back to their DS/3DS golden age again by the time the next Smash game come's a knocking.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The gameplay is just Busters Red Cat and White Dog but with an MP stat among other things. Busters could easily make a console leap on its own since it's mainly button inputs. I don't care for 4 due to how big the roster of Busters and 3 are with over 400 and 700 monsters respectively while 4 only has about 200, less than YKW1. I'd even argue YKW3 is way better for gameplay since 3's battle system is so deep and better balanced for its competitive metagame and you can still enjoy real time battling gameplay in Busters-T. Heck, if Busters-T had the full movesets and Big Boss mode of Red Cat and White Dog, 3 would absolutely no question be far better than 4.

At least level 5 had an excuse, unlike Gamefreak.

They actually DID redo the models for all the old monsters lol

I also never played busters.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
At least level 5 had an excuse, unlike Gamefreak.

They actually DID redo the models for all the old monsters lol

I also never played busters.
You should play Busters.
I cannot recommend Busters enough.
Busters is the real time anime-esque battling Pokemon fans have wanted for their games but never actually got.
In fact, it's super easy to make fun of Pokemon for the fact the anime characters can tell their Pokemon to "Dodge it!" when an attack is incoming meanwhile Busters has numerous Yo-Kai that have a dedicated Dodge button.

I also strongly agree Level-5 had an excuse since the game was built ground up (which Game Freak lied about) and they aren't a company worth billions. Not to mention all DLC for YKW2 and 3 is free and 4's is super cheap.

So while I will say Busters and 3 are better, I can forgive 4 unlike the inexcusable garbage that is Pokemon Sword and Shield.

some people just cant let it go
Yo-Kai Watch 3 is a 3DS game with 752 monsters in a single game with all past monsters available, has actual animation fidelity and variety to the point every monster has 5 customizable victory animations, monsters following you in the overworld is a free feature, competitive online meta is actually monumentally better balanced despite so many monsters in one game, Busters-T makes Raids look like a joke, all its DLC is free and all while this game takes up barely more than 4 GBs as opposed to SWSH's 10 GBs.

Why should I let go of my favorite Pokemon when it's just that easy to point and laugh at Game Freak based on those facts?

I've certainly let go by taking my money and time to monster collector RPGs that DON'T suck eggs, of which there are many.

I recommend games like Disc Creatures, World of Final Fantasy, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Monster Hunter Stories 2, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory among others. Shin Megami Tensei 5 also looks promising.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yo-Kai Watch 3 is a 3DS game with 752 monsters in a single game with all past monsters available, has actual animation fidelity and variety to the point every monster has 5 customizable victory animations, monsters following you in the overworld is a free feature, competitive online meta is actually monumentally better balanced despite so many monsters in one game, Busters-T makes Raids look like a joke, all its DLC is free and all while this game takes up barely more than 4 GBs as opposed to SWSH's 10 GBs.

Why should I let go of my favorite Pokemon when it's just that easy to point and laugh at Game Freak based on those facts?

I've certainly let go by taking my money and time to monster collector RPGs that DON'T suck eggs, of which there are many.

I recommend games like Disc Creatures, World of Final Fantasy, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Monster Hunter Stories 2, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory among others. Shin Megami Tensei 5 also looks promising.
bare in mind that yokai watch 3 used a lot of the assets from the first two games. smash ultimate is also made of a lot of old assists. so what youre basically saying there is why shouldnt i point and laugh at pokemon for the corner they wrote them into and for taking a very hard decision that was never going to end well no matter which choice they made because yo-kai watch found it easier and quicker to make a game for system theyd be working on for years using a lot of stuff from previous games and a large variety of monsters many of whom are simply pallet swaps. and then acting as though certain pokemon being absent is something terrible when most games in the franchise dont have all pokemon available comes across as looking for an excuse to be annoyed. i dont think you should be pointing and laughing at anyone when you dont seem to have all the facts.

one more thing this is my thread and i will not tolerate the insulting of pokemon, zelda, mario, kingdom hearts, yo-kai watch, digimon, layton, ace attorney, kirby and animal crossing.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
bare in mind that yokai watch 3 used a lot of the assets from the first two games.
That MIGHT be a counterargument if it wasn't for the fact SWSH also reused assets unlike YKW4 like I brought up but Game Freak lied about that.

Pokemon Sun and Moon is also barely 4 GBs yet all the previous model data is still there. That's not even accounting for extremely questionable uses of data such as Lillie's model being prerendered to be standing on each individual island on top of that. There is really absolutely nothing to suggest they had to make this decision other than to sucker people out of more money with Home subscriptions and having it use features that were previously free.

and then acting as though certain pokemon being absent is something terrible when most games in the franchise dont have all pokemon available
Most games in the franchise previously had free transferring. Using the Link Cable as an excuse doesn't count cuz that's a matter of hardware limitations that don't exist anymore.

when most games in the franchise dont have all pokemon available comes across as looking for an excuse to be annoyed. i dont think you should be pointing and laughing at anyone when you dont seem to have all the facts.
Completely untrue as they have different stat spreads, skills and elememtal attributes. Get your own facts straight. They're not Pokemon shinies which are ultimately ugly recolors that do nothing. Calling them simply palette swaps is inaccurate.

one more thing this is my thread and i will not tolerate the insulting of pokemon, zelda, mario, kingdom hearts, yo-kai watch, digimon, layton, ace attorney, kirby and animal crossing.
Criticisms aren't insults and I'll still rightfully criticize it when it deserves it regardless of whom owns the thread.

It honestly just seems to me that you're the one that can't actually let it go of how full of nonsense SWSH is. Also I'm pretty sure I read an article that said Smash Ultimate was built from scratch.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That MIGHT be a counterargument if it wasn't for the fact SWSH also reused assets unlike YKW4 like I brought up but Game Freak lied about that.
the point was you holding up a game that did much of what they very game youre complaining about did

Pokemon Sun and Moon is also barely 4 GBs yet all the previous model data is still there. That's not even accounting for extremely questionable uses of data such as Lillie's model being prerendered to be standing on each individual island on top of that. There is really absolutely nothing to suggest they had to make this decision other than to sucker people out of more money with Home subscriptions and having it use features that were previously free.
or maybe in the 3 years they had to make this game there wasnt enough time to program 1000+ creatures with their movepools, breeding mechanics, the fact that they have to programme how they all react to all the moves, making the gigantic versions of them, programming how the absurd number of type combos works, modelling new characters, building a new word, composing a mostly new soundtrack all while coming to grips with a system they had only made one previous game for and while wanting to try making some new games as well

Most games in the franchise previously had free transferring. Using the Link Cable as an excuse doesn't count cuz that's a matter of hardware limitations that don't exist anymore.
most games werent keeping them stored on the cloud which needs to be maintained and protected from hackers

Completely untrue as they have different stat spreads, skills and elememtal attributes. Get your own facts straight. They're not Pokemon shinies which are ultimately ugly recolors that do nothing. Calling them simply palette swaps is inaccurate.
doesnt change the fact that its still a lot easier than having 900 unique creatures many of whom have alternate forms taking that number over a thousand

Criticisms aren't insults and I'll still rightfully criticize it when it deserves it regardless of whom owns the thread.
you said you were pointing and laughing. thats not criticism thats being a 5 year old

It honestly just seems to me that you're the one that can't actually let it go of how full of nonsense SWSH is. Also I'm pretty sure I read an article that said Smash Ultimate was built from scratch.
youve completely missed my point about you making fun of game for reasons that apply to a game you are praising. gen 8 is full of no more nonsense than any other video game. the nonsense you complain of applies to yo-kai watch 3 and 4. also if you genuinely think ultimate was made from scratch then you are kidding yourself most of the sountrack and sound effects are taken from previous games. i think theres more characters using recycled lines than there are who have new ones. and of curse most characters and stages are old models with nicer textures.

in short you making fun of games for reasons that apply to games you like

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
most games werent keeping them stored on the cloud which needs to be maintained and protected from hackers
That can easily be monitored with a feature we have in modern gaming called cloud save data instead of a seperate service and even then, their efforts to stop hacking have always gone nowhere anyway.

doesnt change the fact that its still a lot easier than having 900 unique creatures many of whom have alternate forms taking that number over a thousand
Doesn't change they were able to fit all that same data into far less amounts of memory.

Lyou said you were pointing and laughing. thats not criticism thats being a 5 year old
Exaggeration and hyperbole are key to the English language. Taking your money and time to better services is being a smart consumer. Respectable adults understand THAT much.

youve completely missed my point about you making fun of game for reasons that apply to a game you are praising. gen 8 is full of no more nonsense than any other video game. the nonsense you complain of applies to yo-kai watch 3 and 4. also if you genuinely think ultimate was made from scratch then you are kidding yourself most of the sountrack and sound effects are taken from previous games. i think theres more characters using recycled lines than there are who have new ones. and of curse most characters and stages are old models with nicer textures.

in short you making fun of games for reasons that apply to games you like
Again, Level-5 didn't lie nor are they worth billions. Pokemon has no excuse.

Recycling voice lines isn't really on the same level as completely redoing a 3D model and animation, so that really doesn't work here. It was confirmed years ago the game was built ground up.

Dude. Even if I hated Yo-Kai Watch 3 with a passion, it wouldn't change the fact its DLC is free among other facts.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That can easily be monitored with a feature we have in modern gaming called cloud save data instead of a seperate service and even then, their efforts to stop hacking have always gone nowhere anyway.

Doesn't change they were able to fit all that same data into far less amounts of memory.

Exaggeration amd hyperbole are key to the English language. Taking your money and time to better services is being a smart consumer. Respectable adults understand THAT much.

Again, Level-5 didn't lie nor are they worth billions. Pokemon has no excuse.

Recycling voice lines isn't really on the same level as completely redoing a 3D model and animation, so that really doesn't work here. It was confirmed years ago the game was built ground up.

Dude. Even if I hated Yo-Kai Watch 3 with a passion, it wouldn't change the fact its DLC is free among other facts.
so we can avoid the problems of cloud saving by cloud saving? And that because they can’t protect against hacking they shouldn’t bother? Uh huh

it’s not the same amount of data though is it cause there’s about a good hundred new Pokemon and new forms and the aforementioned newer and bigger world

you’re claiming to be a respectable adult while whinging about a video game? Also hyperbole and exaggeration aren’t key to the English language. It’s pronunciation.

what lie are you referring to? And why do all the other pathological lying companies get a free ride? Sakurai lies a lot. Not even on purpose at times. And being worth billions doesn’t mean anything as you can’t solve all problems by throwing money at it.

if you honestly think that smash didn’t recycle models and animation then either you skipped 4, haven’t been paying attention or are gullible

even if you didn’t hate Pokemon that wouldn’t change the fact that the dlc in yokai watch is mostly extra missions and little to know having built whole new areas

I also notice you don’t dispute the hypocrisy

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
so we can avoid the problems of cloud saving by cloud saving? And that because they can’t protect against hacking they shouldn’t bother? Uh huh
The cloud save cost money anyway, so why not? Where's your justification they can't? Also like that you glossed over the fact their efforts to stop hacking go nowhere.

it’s not the same amount of data though is it cause there’s about a good hundred new Pokemon and new forms and the aforementioned newer and bigger world
And yet even after the DLC, it doesn't even take up half the amount of maximum memory a Switch cartridge can hold.

you’re claiming to be a respectable adult while whinging about a video game? Also hyperbole and exaggeration aren’t key to the English language. It’s pronunciation.
Video games are products as well just like any other good or service that can be bought and sold. They just happen to be easier to pirate, borrow or buy used to not give a cent of support to developers as I choose to do with Pokemon. Smart adults and consumers criticize their services and opt for superior options. Adults do that all the time and whether or not it's for a game is irrelevant. If you're so insecure about playing video games made by adults and marketed towards everyone which includes adults, then that's your problem. Understanding hyperbole and exaggeration is still important regardless.

what lie are you referring to? And why do all the other pathological lying companies get a free ride? Sakurai lies a lot. Not even on purpose at times. And being worth billions doesn’t mean anything as you can’t solve all problems by throwing money at it.
The lie of better models and animations when it's the same models and animations. There's a reason "Game Freak Lied" was trending when everyone learned that.

I don't give them a free ride. I bought Trash Ultimate used and do not regret that and any other day, you'll sooner find me playing Project M or Nick All Star Brawl now.

Yes you can because you can afford better programmers and animators.

if you honestly think that smash didn’t recycle models and animation then either you skipped 4, haven’t been paying attention or are gullible
I played 4 religiously back then. It's pretty obvious alot of the models are different. It's easy to see with the weird tectures on DK's fur among other things. You're free to provide your own sources, articles and information that prove it instead of throwing out petty ad hominems.

Even if it IS true, all the more reason for me to be proud of buying Ultimate used.

even if you didn’t hate Pokemon that wouldn’t change the fact that the dlc in yokai watch is mostly extra missions and little to know having built whole new areas

I also notice you don’t dispute the hypocrisy
That is also completely untrue and once again you should really get your facts straight. Free DLC such as the Oni Evolution Update, Moon Rabbit Crew and Busters T DLC added tons and tons of completely brand new befriendable Yo-Kai, huge new areas, harder new bosses, etc. Meanwhile SWSH is charging 30 USD for areas that look worse than base game like the poop caves, previously existing monsters that could have been base game and a very small pool of new monsters by comparison to YKW.

Seems you're the one being a hypocrite based on that.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
The cloud save cost money anyway, so why not? Where's your justification they can't? Also like that you glossed over the fact their efforts to stop hacking go nowhere.
home is more than a simple cloud save as it allows for transference between games and simply backing up the saves on the cloud wouldnt alow for this. i didnt gloss over the fact theres just nothing to say, as you seem to think they shouldnt even bother trying to protect against hackers and i just done know what to say to a if it doesnt work why bother attitude.

And yet even after the DLC, it doesn't even take up half the amount of maximum memory a Switch cartridge can hold.
thats true of most games and the medium theyre on

Video games are products as well just like any other good or service that can be bought and sold. They just happen to be easier to pirate, borrow or buy used to not give a cent of support to developers as I choose to do with Pokemon. Smart adults and consumers criticize their services and opt for superior options. Adults do that all the time and whether or not it's for a game is irrelevant. If you're so insecure about playing video games made by adults and marketed towards everyone which includes adults, then that's your problem. Understanding hyperbole and exaggeration is still important regardless.
again this isnt about the criticism this about your hypocrisy. condemning a game for reasons that apply to games you are praising. also maybe dont admit to piracy as thats illegal. claiming youre pointing and laughing at a game you dont like isnt hyperbole its being childish

The lie of better models and animations when it's the same models and animations. There's a reason "Game Freak Lied" was trending when everyone learned that.[/QUOTE]

yes they couldnt possible have been referring to the new animations and models they put into the game, couldnt possible be all the new characters and pokemon. and something trending doesnt mean a thing, false information trends all the time. its like calling SE stingy something thats based on filling in the lack of information with whatever blank you like the sound of.

I don't give them a free ride. I bought Trash Ultimate used and do not regret that and any other day, you'll sooner find me playing Project M or Nick All Star Brawl now.
wow if you have that much contempt for people who fail to meet your standards you must be boycotting half of capitalism.

Yes you can because you can afford better programmers and animators.
no because programmers and animators are people and you cant simply buy them. their not really jobs you can do free lance and offering more money wont always be the only thing a person needs to take a job, therell be multiple factors such as location, convenience, hours and other things which having money cant solve.

I played 4 religiously back then. It's pretty obvious alot of the models are different. It's easy to see with the weird tectures on DK's fur among other things. You're free to provide your own sources, articles and information that prove it instead of throwing out petty ad hominems.
textures and models arent the same thing. thats just a fact

Even if it IS true, all the more reason for me to be proud of buying Ultimate used.
if thats the case why are you complaining. 0 money of yours went to the devs

That is also completely untrue and once again you should really get your facts straight. Free DLC such as the Oni Evolution Update, Moon Rabbit Crew and Busters T DLC added tons and tons of completely brand new befriendable Yo-Kai, huge new areas, harder new bosses, etc. Meanwhile SWSH is charging 30 USD for areas that look worse than base game like the poop caves, previously existing monsters that could have been base game and a very small pool of new monsters by comparison to YKW.
see thats a case of treating opinions as fact. whether or not something looks good is a matter of opinion, beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that. pokemons dlc was packed to gils with new stuff and the fact that you didnt like it isnt their fault

Seems you're the one being a hypocrite based on that.
i dont think you know what that word means

Yeah. Some people just can't let it go how much of a scam SWSH is.
again this is about your hypocrisy not about sword and shield. oh and if you try bating me again ill ask that you be barred

This is an awlward conversation i walked into.
well im sorry but when a massive hypocrite starts calling out a game for problems that apply to games their praising i feel the need to call them out. especially if it then turns out said person just illegally got them game and are talking like they wasted money they didnt spend

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
yes they couldnt possible have been referring to the new animations and models they put into the game, couldnt possible be all the new characters and pokemon. and something trending doesnt mean a thing, false information trends all the time. its like calling SE stingy something thats based on filling in the lack of information with whatever blank you like the sound of.
Pretty sure they were specifically saying they were redoing the animations for the old Pokemon, which was why they couldnt bring in all the Pokemon because they were spending dev time on remaking the old Pokemon they were bringing back. which turned out not to be true and was the reason people were complaining to begin with.

Anyway that's not a Level 5 game so we shoud probably drop it.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Pretty sure they were specifically saying they were redoing the animations for the old Pokemon, which was why they couldnt bring in all the Pokemon because they were spending dev time on remaking the old Pokemon they were bringing back. which turned out not to be true and was the reason people were complaining to begin with.

Anyway that's not a Level 5 game so we shoud probably drop it.
I don’t think they did. And yes it would be better to move on. Dunno why this user has such an ace to grind

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
home is more than a simple cloud save as it allows for transference between games and simply backing up the saves on the cloud wouldnt alow for this. i didnt gloss over the fact theres just nothing to say, as you seem to think they shouldnt even bother trying to protect against hackers and i just done know what to say to a if it doesnt work why bother attitude.
Because it clearly amounts to nothing because players still find ways to get around it and hack, so it's not an excuse.

thats true of most games and the medium theyre on
Then there's less of an excuse.

again this isnt about the criticism this about your hypocrisy. condemning a game for reasons that apply to games you are praising. also maybe dont admit to piracy as thats illegal. claiming youre pointing and laughing at a game you dont like isnt hyperbole its being childish
It really doesn't then because if you go back, you'll see me outright criticizing Yo-Kai Watch 4 for the exact same things but I don't give it as much flack because they actually have excuses that Game Freak doesn't. That's not hypocrisy if it's staying true to what one says.

Yes it is. I can say my sides hurt from laughing without actually being in pain from laughing because that's how hyperbole and exaggeration work. Any adult that understand nuances of English should be able to understand that.

Not really because they showed off complete renders and vectors from data dumps proving it was the same models and animations. So it trended based on facts.

wow if you have that much contempt for people who fail to meet your standards you must be boycotting half of capitalism.
I'll pick and choose which companies to support for my own reasons and you can't really stop me. In this case, I care about supporting good monster collectors, which SWSH isn't.

no because programmers and animators are people and you cant simply buy them. their not really jobs you can do free lance and offering more money wont always be the only thing a person needs to take a job, therell be multiple factors such as location, convenience, hours and other things which having money cant solve.
They can outsource. These recent games prove they can do that and afford it.

see thats a case of treating opinions as fact. whether or not something looks good is a matter of opinion, beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that. pokemons dlc was packed to gils with new stuff and the fact that you didnt like it isnt their fault
It really isn't cuz again, there was a bejewelled cave in the base game of SWSH while the DLC caverns don't look nearly as good. Even then, any of YKW's free DLC packs blows Pokemon's out of the water 10 times over.

i dont think you know what that word means
You're the one claiming it's bad to use the "right bullets of misinformation" or something like that while posting complete lies about how huge and intricate YKW's free DLC is. I'd say it takes one to know one.

again this is about your hypocrisy not about sword and shield. oh and if you try bating me again ill ask that you be barred
Again, it's not hypocrisy because I've stayed true rightfully criticizing YKW4 for the same reasons and don't praise Trash Ultimate in the slightest. You're the one that said others can't let things go yet you've shown you can't do that either.

well im sorry but when a massive hypocrite starts calling out a game for problems that apply to games their praising i feel the need to call them out. especially if it then turns out said person just illegally got them game and are talking like they wasted money they didnt spend
I bought SWSH used dude. Never once said I pirated it. All I said is that it's an option. I can fairly say it was a waste of money and do not regret not giving the devs one cent.

if thats the case why are you complaining. 0 money of yours went to the devs
Cuz I love Pokemon and I love Smash and I love playing them. Doesn't mean I have to support every thing that they do.

I don’t think they did. And yes it would be better to move on. Dunno why this user has such an ace to grind
Practice what you preach. You're free to move on by just not replying and letting it go and you're just as guilty grinding. As the saying goes, point one finger and there are 3 fingers pointing right back to you.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Heh, barely two pages in and there is already a heated debate going I see. Keep it classy laddies...

Moving on, here's some artworks that Takuzo Nagano has made the last few months.
Gotta love how he's been making all these little doodles daily for a while now, especially considering how little we've been hearing from Level-5, its nice to see these artworks around, even giving love to some characters that haven't shown up as much in the games.

Last edited:

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Moving on, here's some artworks that Takuzo Nagano has made the last few months.
Seeing Whisper in a tube and goggles now makes me want to see Whisper get a summer variant in the future. Foiletta, Alpina, Blizzaria and Smogmella got ones, after all. Even Nagatha amd Krystal Fox got to go to the beach.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Seeing Whisper in a tube and goggles now makes me want to see Whisper get a summer variant in the future. Foiletta, Alpina, Blizzaria and Smogmella got ones, after all. Even Nagatha amd Krystal Fox got to go to the beach.
Oh, he doesn't? I thought Takuzo mainly drew the characters based of the things that where already a thing in the games and media. Unless it was an anime thing?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Because it clearly amounts to nothing because players still find ways to get around it and hack, so it's not an excuse.
so you do think they shouldnt bother

Then there's less of an excuse.[/QUOTE]

im not making excuses im explaining the reality

It really doesn't then because if you go back, you'll see me outright criticizing Yo-Kai Watch 4 for the exact same things but I don't give it as much flack because they actually have excuses that Game Freak doesn't. That's not hypocrisy if it's staying true to what one says.[/QUOTE]

you were complaining about reused assets in sword and shield. you were complaining about the gameplay in 4 not being as good as busters not the same thing at all

Yes it is. I can say my sides hurt from laughing without actually being in pain from laughing because that's how hyperbole and exaggeration work. Any adult that understand nuances of English should be able to understand that.[/QUOTE]

if youre an adult then why do you talk like a salty pre teen?

Not really because they showed off complete renders and vectors from data dumps proving it was the same models and animations. So it trended based on facts.[/QUOTE]

who did? who showed these renders and vectors? iirc it was fans making these claims and you cant take what fans says as fact

I'll pick and choose which companies to support for my own reasons and you can't really stop me. In this case, I care about supporting good monster collectors, which SWSH isn't.[/QUOTE]

in other words you chose which companies to be insulted by when they do certain things and not to be insulted by other companies doing the exact same thing

They can outsource. These recent games prove they can do that and afford it.[/QUOTE]

they outsourced the game entirely with minimal input from them not the smae thing

It really isn't cuz again, there was a bejewelled cave in the base game of SWSH while the DLC caverns don't look nearly as good. Even then, any of YKW's free DLC packs blows Pokemon's out of the water 10 times over.

how good things look is subjective, you cant treat that as fact. these are youre opinions

You're the one claiming it's bad to use the "right bullets of misinformation" or something like that while posting complete lies about how huge and intricate YKW's free DLC is. I'd say it takes one to know one.[/QUOTE]

no im not, i played through all of yokai watchs dlc i know what im talking about.

Again, it's not hypocrisy because I've stayed true rightfully criticizing YKW4 for the same reasons and don't praise Trash Ultimate in the slightest. You're the one that said others can't let things go yet you've shown you can't do that either.[/QUOTE]

if you dislike SWSH for reused assets but think its fine for YW3 to use them thats hypocrisy

I bought SWSH used dude. Never once said I pirated it. All I said is that it's an option. I can fairly say it was a waste of money and do not regret not giving the devs one cent.[/QUOTE]

then why bring up the ease with which they are pirated? it had nothing to do with what we were talking about

Cuz I love Pokemon and I love Smash and I love playing them. Doesn't mean I have to support every thing that they do.[/QUOTE]

sounds like you havent supported anything

Practice what you preach. You're free to move on by just not replying and letting it go and you're just as guilty grinding. As the saying goes, point one finger and there are 3 fingers pointing right back to you.
[/QUOTE]

well im sorry that you take offensive for me not agreeing with you. but youre attitude so far has come across as anyone who likes SWSH must have been fooling themselves. and calling yourself and adult while making fun of the person youre debating in manner similar to a teenager

anyway I’m done. If you wanna tell yourself you some kinda super mature adult who’s incapable of hypocrisy then more power to yeh.

Last edited:

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
so you do think they shouldnt bother
It really doesn't matter whether someone thinks they should or shouldn't bother. The reality is that even though they HAVE bothered, it's amounted to squat to stop hackers.

im not making excuses im explaining the reality
The reality is there are better games that make better use of the space on less memory.

you were complaining about reused assets in sword and shield. you were complaining about the gameplay in 4 not being as good as busters not the same thing at all
It's still criticism that I'll justify.
Reused assets isn't the issue.
Reusing assets while lying through their teeth they'd be making new models and animations for old Pokemon and balancing the game in exchange for cutting Pokemon (which of course turned out to be a lie) is the issue.

Yo-Kai Watch 4 didn't say those things, so I don't give them flack for it. Game Freak did with Pokemon SWSH did, so I do.

if youre an adult then why do you talk like a salty pre teen?
You're the one getting upset over hyperbolic language like one would expect a salty preteen to do.

who did? who showed these renders and vectors? iirc it was fans making these claims and you cant take what fans says as fact
Game developers and 3D animators pulling up polygon count and riggings of the models on the respective software after pulling the hard data from the game.

in other words you chose which companies to be insulted by when they do certain things and not to be insulted by other companies doing the exact same thing
Not really. Yo-Kai Watch 3 didn't cut monsters, lie about reusing assets nor did it use so as an excuse to balance the game. YKW3 kept all past monsters and still balanced the game. So there's really no hypocrisy there cuz I'm staying true to my words.

they outsourced the game entirely with minimal input from them not the smae thing
Still proves they could do it.

how good things look is subjective, you cant treat that as fact. these are youre opinions
Not really cuz you can consider visual fidelity objectively even if you dislike certain visuals. Art connoisseurs do that. Opinions can be wrong too tho. I'll proudly stand by the opinion that caves in games like MHS2 look a billion times better.

no im not, i played through all of yokai watchs dlc i know what im talking about.
Then you should know that befriendable Yo-Kai like Urnfulfilled, Grogeous Ambassador, Gentlemutt, Meoptra, Crummy Mummy, Deadcool, Kabuking, Gargaros, Ogralus, Orcanos, Gutsy Bones, Seaweed Sensei, Arachnevil, Toadal Demon, Cymbalina and hundreds and hundreds of others were not part of the base game of their respective debut game and were introduced in later DLC patches and content updates that are free along with completely new areas to obtain them in the first place, ergo making your statement about the DLC just being missions a flat out lie and that you DON'T know what you're talking about.

if you dislike SWSH for reused assets but think its fine for YW3 to use them thats hypocrisy
Again, no. YKW3 didn't cut monsters nor lie about their reasons for doing so with reusing assets when they said they'd be making new models and animations. That's what Pokemon did.

then why bring up the ease with which they are pirated? it had nothing to do with what we were talking about
Yes it is because it's an option. Piracy is another way to play a game without supporting a dev.

sounds like you havent supported anything
I bought Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX firsthand digitally to show support because a challenging improved game like taht deserves my support. Unlike main series, it's not about transferring monsters for a journey and never was and it also helps its story is actually engaging. I also bought XY, ORAS and SM then realized they kinda sucked, gave them another chance with USUM then stopped supporting them after that and got LGPE borrowed from a friend and SWSH used. So I have supported them plenty before and have recently chosen not to.

well im sorry that you take offensive for me not agreeing with you. but youre attitude so far has come across as anyone who likes SWSH must have been fooling themselves. and calling yourself and adult while making fun of the person youre debating in manner similar to a teenager

anyway I’m done. If you wanna tell yourself you some kinda super mature adult who’s incapable of hypocrisy then more power to yeh.
Dude. I don't know you. To me, you're just some random Swedish user on a video game forum site. I really don't care if you agree with me or not. I'm still allowed to speak my piece and give my reasons whether you like it or not especially on an open forum.

You're the one calling people names and taking hyperbole like it's a personal attack. That's not a convincing sign of maturity and throwing out accusations of hypocrisy while doing the very things you claim are bad is hypocrisy.

I really don't care if you're done or not cuz I'll still reply and give my input on an open forum as I'm allowed to.
Of course I imagine you'll pretend to value letting things go and moving on but then reply to this next anyway despite claiming to be done and despite claiming you hate hypocrites so much.
Would love to be proven wrong on that tho.

Oh, he doesn't? I thought Takuzo mainly drew the characters based of the things that where already a thing in the games and media. Unless it was an anime thing?
Probably an anime thing. Still need to finish more of the anime. Been having such an amazing time with how hilarious and full of heart the anime is. He's been and done plenty of crazy things in the anime, after all. Being an astronaut, for example.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
right then gang lets get back on track: which level-5 anime is your favourite. curious villager i assume layton?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
right then gang lets get back on track: which level-5 anime is your favourite. curious villager i assume layton?
There was a Layton anime? Unless you mean the Kat thing, which I haven't watched fully asides from the Relic Stone ark and a couple stray episodes here and there...

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Tried Inazuma Eleven's anime. Seems like an interesting story. Just really not a sports anime or shounen person myself. Seems super cool tho.

Yo-Kai Watch's anime is an absolute blast.
Monsters have tons of personality, they do all kinds of hilarious bits and parodies and they do so much even within a single episode. I recommend watching it subbed.

The Snack World also has a hilarious anime I just can't get over. I also recommend watching that one subbed.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
I keep wanting to but I keep forgetting to watch the Ni No Kuni anime. It's not that high on my priority list.

Anyway, I've been working on this project for ages and this is the perfect place to share it! Hope you guys enjoy!

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Does anyone else here remember the Dark Cloud or Rogue Galaxy games. Those were some of my favorite games ever, especially Rogue Galaxy, but I feel like they never really get much attention these days. I don’t know how likely it is but I would absolutely love to see a revival of these games.

My number one most wanted character for Smash is Zegram Ghart from Rogue Galaxy but I feel like his chances are about as close to 0% as you can get. Even among Level 5 properties, I feel like Dark Cloud and Rogue Galaxy have been largely forgotten.

Top Bottom