• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk The Subspace Emissary

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Seems a tad extreme for me. And i can't make myself erase my old game. Do you know if starting a new game, yet not saving it, will erase the data f the old one?

MasterShake

Smash Lord
I checked on my rom of yellow, Ash is the second option, though yellow is the special pikachu edition that was made AFTER the anime started, hence why you have a pikachu following you around, officer jenny gives you squirtle, etc.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I checked on my rom of yellow, Ash is the second option, though yellow is the special pikachu edition that was made AFTER the anime started, hence why you have a pikachu following you around, officer jenny gives you squirtle, etc.
Right, so it's safe to assume that the Japanese version had Satoshi?

Could it be considered canonical, then, to call PT Ash?

EDIT: Lol, J a p is censored, you crazy Americans >_>

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
LOL Is this a Subspace Emissary thread or a Pokemon thread? Not that I dont like Pokemon.
This seems to have evolved into a "What do we name the pokemon trainer?" thread :/. I honestly don't see why it matters, to most it will just be Pokemon Trainer, but if you wish to call it Ash or Red or any other variation, it is not like people will have no idea what you are talking about. He does look like Ash from the anime, but I believe he is supposed to represent Red from the games. I always imagined that Red and Ash were the same person in the games seeing as doesn't he have like a level 81 Pikachu when you fight him? Ash in the anime has a pikachu as well. I have no idea what version of the game I have that memory from unfortunately, my brain isn't giving me that information :p

Still though, I really don't see why it matters, haha ;)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's a damn Pokemon Trainer who is loosely based on Red. It's neither one of them. You can even call him Bill Gates it doesn't matter because it's just Pokemon Trainer. End.

Now to subspace, it's good for Smash single player mode.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Actually the PKMN Trainer does really look like he's based on Red in Pkmn Fire red n Leaf green. Also in Heartgold n Soulsilver but enough about this. Lets get on with Subspace Emissary. Whats everyones favorite cutscene? XD

Gatlin

Favorite cutscene is this one. Loved Peach just walking around with her umbrella with explosions in the background, and the ending was funny, :laugh:

IYM!

Smash Lord
i didnt like how kirby had all the importance in the supemisary

he save one of the princess
he kill the first boss
he save Link/Yoshi or Mario/Pit from KDDD
he destroyed with only an item (the dragon) that powerfull big canon (this is ridiculous)
he saves all the ssbb characters after than Tabu turn they into throphies

the story gives too much importance to Kirby, that is bad, he isnt the pincipal charadter in the game, ARE ALL

IMO, Those who have should to have more importance are the original smash characters

(:mario2: :dk2: :link2: :samus2: :yoshi2: :kirby2: :pikachu2: :jigglypuff: :falcon: :luigi2: :ness2:)

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I really enjoyed the Link's misunderstanding cutscene. I watch it a lot cuz it shows just how EPIC Link really is. And I like the one where DDD turns Luigi into a trophy. I also didnt like the fact that Kirbs was given a lot of attention. If ya ask me some characters werent given enough attention.
:link: :marth:

Gatlin

Sonic didnt even show till the end, stealing the spotlight big time.
Well, to be honest he only had about 20 seconds in the spotlight. He breaks the wing and that is that. You don't even have to play as him seeing as immediately after that is the final battle with Tabuu.

Some characters I really think deserved more attention were :sonic: :wolf: and [somewhat] :toonlink:. Toon Link pretty much has regular Link to make up for his absense, however. They weren't even introduced to the game until after you beat the SSE (Sonic is close enough). I was looking forward to seeing how Wolf would fit into the story, half expected him to be part of the villains, really.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
There is lots of evidence to suggest Wolf was added to the game really late into development, hence his exclusion.

Sonic deserved both more and less attention at the same time. He shouldn't have single-handedly saved the day at the end, but he should have been in the story more at the same time.

I agree about Toon Link.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
They shouldve had a part where Toon Link and regular Link fight then afterwards become friends and join forces. Kind of like MK and Lucario.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
No need to tell me, I said almost the same thing on the first page.

Brawl was really one of the largest disappointments in my life :/ Melee was responsible for shaping my current personality, I wouldn't even be interested in the internet or video games without it. Brawl completely failed to live up to the precedent the first game had set, for me.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Theres always gonna be a game in a series that stands out to be a disappointment. Brawl in this case. Melee is superior to brawl because everyone was blown away by it. And brawl.........ehh.

Gatlin

I think the hype really killed it. People were really excited for an amazing story mode, but SSE didn't really deliver like they hoped it would. I thought it was pretty well done, at least a little more than what I expected from a smash game. I would have liked dialogue between the characters, just to give a little more understanding to those "so... what happened now?" moments.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I think the no dialogue thing was ok. Some of the characters dont even talk so it be kinda weird seeing someone try to talk to Link. His response: "HYAAAA! UGHH!"

Gatlin

Haha, very true. Thinking about it now, Kirby's voice would get annoying quick.

Lokinario

Smash Apprentice
I actually think it's quiet fun.

The boss battles were awesome and way harder than Boss Battle Mode. Additionally, Boss Capturing can be quiet challenging (and fun) when you try to capture bosses like Ridley and Duon.

It could have a larger variation of enemies and bosses, though. Actually, the whole thing could have been bigger, lol.

Lokinario

Smash Apprentice
I think thats why people dont like it that much. It couldve been better but it wasnt. Btw its *quite not quiet.
Sorry bro, English isn't my first language. I'm Brazilian, as you can see on my location. >_>
But let's not get off-topic.

Idk if people don't like it because of the hype. I mean, SSBB wasn't a game i read a lot about before buying it. All I knew about it was that it has Mario, Pikachu and Link (lol). I played SSE with absolutely no expectations and didn't find it to be very amusing or anything much. Just... fun, you know?

@Grim I know what you mean. SSE would have to be way longer for the story to be better, though. I don't think Nintendo could elaborate the story in such a short game mode.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Sorry bro, English isn't my first language. I'm Brazilian, as you can see on my location. >_>
But let's not get off-topic.

Idk if people don't like it because of the hype. I mean, SSBB wasn't a game i read a lot about before buying it. All I knew about it was that it has Mario, Pikachu and Link (lol). I played SSE with absolutely no expectations and didn't find it to be very amusing or anything much. Just... fun, you know?

@Grim I know what you mean. SSE would have to be way longer for the story to be better, though. I don't think Nintendo could elaborate the story in such a short game mode.
Its alrite your english is fine. Better than most people who are from the US.
Anyways I didnt expect much from SSE either but it still proved to be dull. There were a lot of things they could've improved. But like you said, Nintendo wont elaborate on this.

Gatlin

Lol, not going to flame you.

Why'd you despise SSE so much?

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Surely Nintendo will correct more than just tripping. If they dont, the next Smash Bros will INDEED be worse than Brawl. Not saying that I dont like Brawl. I actually really like it just for the multiplayer.

Top Bottom