• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk about tattoos and piercings

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Let's get those freaky Smashers out here. This thread is about piercings and tattoos. The permanent body art. I, myself, have a piercing in my neck like this:

Although I don't have little balls on it anymore, but spikes. I'll upload a picture later.
And I have an earring, or actually, a beginning of a tunnel(I'm not sure if you call it like that in English, but it's one of those 'see through' earrings inside of your ear). The ring I have now is 3,2 mm in diameter, and I'm planning to stretch it to around 7 mm.

I'm also planning to have a tattoo, but I don't know what yet. Well, I do have something that I'd definetly want to do and that's the names of my children on my shoulders. I also want something else, but like I said, I have no clue what yet. I do like those sleeves, but I don't think it would fit me.

So tell me, do you have any tattoos or piercings? Do you want any? Any plans for in the future? Or are there any particular pieces of art that you like a lot?

I am expecting Azua to be all over this thread, because of her countless piercings :p.

One little rule, let's keep it a bit down with the explicit content, if you REALLY want us to know, post it in spoilers, 'mkay?

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Good idea for a topic!

I'm free of piercings and tattoos at the moment, but I've been trying to decide what exactly I want for a tattoo for the last couple of months or so. The urge to get a tattoo came on suddenly and almost out of nowhere back in March or so, and I've been mulling it over since then. I'm thinking something fairly small and black on my left shoulder. I'm just kind of unsure what to put there.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why would you pierce yourself there?

In the words of Bill Engvall - "When did shrapnel become a fashion accessory?"

And yeah... I don't like tattoos. Obviously I don't have any, but I just don't see it necessary. As for piercings, I just have one pair. I've always wanted one on the top part of my ear but meh, I don't need one. I don't need anything else to "accent" my looks, or cover them up, whatever you're motives are for those things.

Grime

Smash Rookie
Riciardos said:
And I have an earring, or actually, a beginning of a tunnel(I'm not sure if you call it like that in English, but it's one of those 'see through' earrings inside of your ear).
Those're usually called 'studs' or 'gauges' here. I had a set for awhile which were 4g; I'm not sure how that translates into millimeters, but they were a bit thinner than a no. 2 pencil. Like you discribed, mine were hollowed as well. I took them out about two years ago, though.

I've considered a tat or two (lolwordplay), but I have no idea what I'd get if I decided on it. Interesting neck piercing, by the way. I can't say I've ever seen that before.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I got my ears pierced a few weeks ago. Took 'em out in less than 24 hours... I couldn't pull 'em off. I always wanted to get my eyebrow pierced too, but once again, I doubt I could pull it off.

The idea of a tattoo is extremely scary to me. I want one, but I doubt I could ever find anything that I wanted to stain my body with for the rest of eternity. So I doubt I'll ever get one.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Piercings aren't very attractive to me. Especially on weird spots (like your tongue, doesn't it feel disgusting eating?).

Tattoos give me the creeps. The thought of having a picture on you forever is scary. Since you're never going to be able get it off and be the way you were before. The thing that really stops me is the thought of being old and having a tattoo down your arm or somewhere else.

Basically I'm not a fan of either.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I've wanted to get one of my eyebrows pierced for a couple years now, but can't bring myself to do it when every job on the planet says "No facial piercings". Not interested in piercing anything else, so it's pretty rad, the one thing I'd like to pierce I pretty much can't.

I don't have a problem with tattoos, but I can't think of a single thing I'd want one of.

Xsyven, plz stop being like me. =\

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Cool piercing. I like those on certain people, never had the desire to et one, though. My hair's too long and would cover it up. Makes me kinda envious ;)

I used to had my labret pierced(let it close up due to job), and I still have my belly button pierced. Then I just have normal ear piercings. I want to get a corset piercing so much(even though they aren't permanent). I love piercings all around. Plan on getting my labret re-done once I quite my job.

I also love tattoos, but have none. I plan on getting one, but really have no idea what to get yet. I want it to be something important and personal to me, but something that I designed also. Recently I've considered drawing out a cartoony version of my dog and getting that, since I recently had to put her down. It's something I doubt I'd ever regret, since she was my first dog and I basically grew up with her.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Not sure what you mean. I let it close up so the hole would be smaller. I model so having the hole not be noticeable is a good thing.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
wow, I've actually never seen a person get pierced behind their neck, does it offer you some kind of relief or something? though I am a guy and most guys have pierced their ears, I sure would really liked to sometime

also one question, if I happen to get a tongue piercing, will I have to stop eating frequent acids? (limes, oranges, etc..) I imagine that must have some kind of stinging sensation and I plan on actually getting one so I ask.

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
I think getting snake bites would be cool but everyone would think i turned emo.

They do look cool though

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
I'm probably gonna get an awesome tattoo on my arm when I'm older.

Never getting a piercing. NEVER. I only think piercings look good on girls.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I don't have piercings or tattoos but my girlfriend does have 2 extra piercings on her ears.

The black thing is this lil cute double devil's tail.

edit: i'm tired of it stretching the page

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
I'd never do a piercing. Well maybe i would do one ring in my right ear, but still, nah.

About tattoos... Only on one of my arms on the upper part if i ever feel like it.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Zero Beat, stop showing off your girlfriend :p.

Livvers, thanks, and it's even more awesome with the spikes! Actually, there was this girl I met in a club, and she loved my piercing so much that she got one herself. Only her's got infected and it grew out, and her hair got stuck between the balls and here skin all the time, so she decided to get rid of it.

Next Thursday or Friday I'll have my first real gauge!(thanks Grime =D) YAY!

Also, do any of you watch Miami Ink/LA Ink(we only have Miami Ink over here)? This link shows a video where Chris Garver does a Japanese dragon on a firefighter, and this tattoo is AWESOME!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eefkflm7Yjk

~rh

Smash Lord
^ I lol'd

I want a Tatoo that says ユンア but I dunno... it's a girls name... =/

We all know how that **** goes down in the end.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Ha, yeah, I would never recommend a girl or guy's name. Even if you think you're 100% certain you'll be with them forever. **** happens. I remember looking up different kinds of tattoo cover up make up, and seeing one or two stories of someone saying they needed it cuz they had their ex lover's name on their shoulder and didn't want it showing at their wedding ;)

I watch Miami Ink from time to time. I don't enjoy LA Ink as much. It's an awesome show. That dragon you posted is amazing.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Since we're on the subject, in terms of favorites, mine has to be MMA fighter Aleksander Emelianenko's back tatttoo. Grim Reaper holding a baby.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
You'd think having money he'd be able to afford to hire an artist with better technical skill.

I didn't know you were supposed to tattoo in your guidelines.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
piercings arent for me, friends have them though.

Same with tattoos, though I do want two, just no money.
I want a paint brush "brushing" red paint down the side of my rib and obliques.
1. I want to be a graphic designer
2. song title i enjoy

As well as this logo from a band. Two snakes that are curled up and form a snake on my chest
along with the words "This is who we are" above in an arch.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Why would you pierce yourself there?

In the words of Bill Engvall - "When did shrapnel become a fashion accessory?"

And yeah... I don't like tattoos. Obviously I don't have any, but I just don't see it necessary. As for piercings, I just have one pair. I've always wanted one on the top part of my ear but meh, I don't need one. I don't need anything else to "accent" my looks, or cover them up, whatever you're motives are for those things.
Because believe it or not, not everyone thinks exactly the same.

Also, I may edit this later to post some of mine, but for the most part you can check Las Pictoras.
I wouldn't want to take the attention away from Zero's OMGIRLFRIEND

I have hearts on my chest, Crescent moons on the back of my neck, stars down my spine that [for now] end between my shoulder blades, a small star on my thigh, and I'm working on something on my hip right now.
3 lip studs, eyebrow piercing, and a navel piercing.
I consider ears 'normal' so usually don't mention them.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Because believe it or not, not everyone thinks exactly the same.
Liar! Why else would the US try so hard to give the Iraq's 'democracy'. We all know they want it just as much as the Vietnamese did.

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
I absolutely hate piercings. Hate them. I only think they're good on girls on there ears. And that's it. Tattoos are cool though.

I don't intend on getting either.

Keyy

Smash Apprentice
I'm a fan of tattoos, especially if they are done really really well. But random, I-was-drunk-that-night tattoos can be cool too. People tend to get too serious about having/not having tattoos. What does it all matter in the end..

Anyway. I like the neo-traditional style that you see a lot these days,
example:

I like pretty letters like these:

And this is an example of what I mean by really good execution:

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I really like tattoos and piercings. I'm thinking about getting my nose pierced.

I already have a small tattoo on my right arm, but I've been thinking of eventually getting a sleeve on my left. It's going to be sort of a collage because there are a lot of ideas I want to incorporate. One part is going to be sheet music for a guitar solo that I like... I haven't decided which one yet. Not tablature, either. I mean the universal kind, purely notes, with the treble clef and the staff and all that.... I think that would be really cool because it has a sort of timeless quality. Someone from any musical background in any time period could look at my arm and play the song. How awesome is that?

Other parts of the sleeve will include quotes that I like... but I want some of them translated into Latin. Again it adds that timeless, universal quality. I think I want a triforce in there somewhere, too. And random portraits of characters from books and movies that I like. Stuff like that. It's going to take a lot of planning.

Also I want an intricate pair of wings tattooed on my back.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I just have my left ear pierced.

My wife and I have the possible idea of getting matching Triforce tattoos. It's our favorite game series (and one of the first games we played together), and it would represent the three members of our family: me, her and our son.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I plan to get several tattoos, but I will never ever ever get:

1) A band tattoo

2) A gaming related tattoo

3) A tattoo based solely on how cool it is

Not a knock at anyone who does, I'd just either be embarassed to do it or regret it down the line. As for the cool one, eh, one's definition of what's cool changes. If I went by number three into a parlor at age ten I'd probably have an Ash Ketchum mural on my back and Pikachu sleeves.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Least no one would forget you!

I plan on getting
tattooed on my right arm sometime in the near future, as a vow of non-violence. I haven't gotten it yet mainly because I don't believe I could live up to it yet, so I'm waiting until I believe I can. It's a symbol of Jainism, which is one of the most hardcore peace religions in the world (monks sweep in front of themselves so they don't tread on small particles and they wear clothes over their mouths to stop them from swallowing small celled organisms).

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Holy****. That is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

I agree with EE on tattoos.

A friend of mine got tattoos with her husband where one person has a lock, and the other person has a key. Corny concept, but the tattoos were surprisingly well done. I don't think I could ever get a tattoo representing my bond with my boyfriend, no matter how confident I was that we'll stay together the rest of our lives.

PS

I actually love tattoos that were gotten for the sake of being ridiculous. It's funny how sometimes these are better executed than people who get serious tattoos.

This one's based on a Whitest Kids You Know skit:

And here's a famous bad tattoo:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
This thread just screams "I'M AN ENORMOUS TOOL BECAUSE I LIKE POSTING PICTURES OF MY TATTOO!!"

In other news...I'M AN ENOURMOUS TOOL BECAUSE I AM POSTING A PICTURE OF MY TATTOO!!

I got it the end of September when I turned 19. I'm a huge nerd, I know...

As soon as I find the money for a new one (and after this one is cleaned up a little), the next one I'll get will be around my left arm. I'm thinking of getting a tribal band, although the one the Prince of Persia has in Warrior Within looked wicked sweet. I really don't care if a tattoo comes from a game. It just means I really like the game enough to get part of it grafted in my skin.

Top Bottom