• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk about tattoos and piercings

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I got mine due to the symbolism of the phoenix... Mostly due to the whole rebirth thing. Really didn't think much of myself a few years back, to a point where I was pretty much constantly depressed... After I started working though I slowly worked back to a point where I'm content with my life, and it felt almost like being reborn after how low I had felt about myself for a while, so it seemed a fitting symbol. The reason I got it on my shoulder blade was due to the convenience if when I get another job it's less lenient than my current one when it comes to tattoos, its easy to keep covered up so it doesn't hurt my chances.

M.K

Level 55
I'm considering a tattoo on my ankle or shoulder blade....but I really need to know how bad they "hurt".
Is there any sort of reference you can give to how bad a tattoo hurts? Is it like....slamming your finger in a door "hurt" or a knife to the throat "hurt" or....?

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Pain is relative. Different types of tattoos will hurt more than others and different people have different pain tolerances. I think they're just uncomfortable but my sister thinks they're agonizing. The only thing we agree on is that lines hurt more than shading and colouring. No one can tell you how bad it's going to hurt, best we can do is describe the sensation. I think it just feels like a cross between a deep scratch and a burn. I'll also tell you that it's not nearly as bad as you think it is going in.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I actually don't have any reasoning behind my tattoos besides that I just like them, and have wanted them since I was about 12.

Funny thing though, I have some problem with my skin that doesn't make them permanent.
No matter who does it, how deep they do it, what kind of ink they use, etc, if I don't have it touched up, it will disappear.

So...if I ever decide I don't like them, I can just watch them fade away over the years.
You truly are a chameleon.

Pain is relative, but my old high school acquaintance said her ankle tattoo felt like a bee was stinging her a thousand times.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pain is relative. Different types of tattoos will hurt more than others and different people have different pain tolerances. I think they're just uncomfortable but my sister thinks they're agonizing. The only thing we agree on is that lines hurt more than shading and colouring. No one can tell you how bad it's going to hurt, best we can do is describe the sensation. I think it just feels like a cross between a deep scratch and a burn. I'll also tell you that it's not nearly as bad as you think it is going in.
This exactly. The pain is going to vary based on your personal tolerance level, and the location/type. Personally, the one on my shoulder I probably could have fallen asleep during some points of(I have a high pain tolerance though, so I can't say too much there). Just to say one more time, as Takumaru said, nobody will be able to tell you exactly how much it will hurt anyone but themselves, but he hit the nail on the head for the sensation.

IntegraDC2rawkr

Smash Cadet
only got the ring piercing for my lips.havent put it on a while for like 3 months now since i been getting sick like crazy every month and it started when i first pierced my lip.so yeah my doctor told me to stop putting it on my lip and now i have a nice hole in my mouth(Thanks a lot doctor).
But i hope i will start to put it on again soon...I hope

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about my next tattoo a lot recently because there's a tattoo expo coming to philly in february. I think I want to get something like what this guy has on his right side. Essentially all that would have to be done is to work up from what I have. Also I'm trying to decide if I want to go ahead and add the other 3 or 4 kanji now or do them one at a time. Any ideas?

forestflower

Smash Cadet
huh oh im in imagination land having tea with link
i say it looks good as long as you dont shriek in pain when you get tattoos then i think youll be fine
as to how many at a time for me id do them all at once i like getting things done so i dont have to do them later though thats just my opinion

me i have no tatoos currently but when i turn 18 im thinking of getting a bird just above my ankle to represent freedom and starting my life as an adult

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha yeah, I would say do them one at a time. If you got them all done together it would be rougher to take care of the healing. Also, by splitting them up it would give you more time to decide exactly what you wanted for each symbol(which in my opinion is not a bad idea)

Top Bottom