• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk about Pichu.

T0MMY

Smash Master
If you beat a Pro with Pichu they will john about it.
You can get far in Pro brackets with Pichu, and it won't matter, because everyone will forget about you and talk about the players who are good with Fox or Marth and how they Shine-spiked or Chain-grabbed a good player.
In the end you can play R.O.B. and be a recognized player that gets all the girls and wins lots of money and love life.

Pichu is for casual play against your little sister.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
i murder my brother with pichu and right before the match with argee it is impossible to be cheap as pichu and he won't know what to say but he is P***ed off

does pichu have any sheild pressure?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
it doesn't work to good because it pushes pichu backwards and i have only seen it work amazingly on peach's castle, the one small edge near the top agaist the wall

it should work amazingly because he attacks every 2 frames and it lasts for 2 frames, but it does freak them out

what about dair it acts like pillaring air hit, ground hit plus it's a powerful move so it should have some stun and you have a decnet chance to sheild stab, i going to look at it more tonight

rhan

Smash Hero
If you beat a Pro with Pichu they will john about it.
You can get far in Pro brackets with Pichu, and it won't matter, because everyone will forget about you and talk about the players who are good with Fox or Marth and how they Shine-spiked or Chain-grabbed a good player.
In the end you can play R.O.B. and be a recognized player that gets all the girls and wins lots of money and love life.

Pichu is for casual play against your little sister.
Fox and Marth are so common and they all play about the same. I don't even see how it's fun it is to even watch those kind of characters to be played. Everybody in the crowd can probably predict they next 2-3 moves of the players. How many good Pichu's do you see out there? Not many and when people do actually see a Pichu (or any bottom tier for that matter) **** the competition people can't help but just be in "aw".

I agree that Pichu should be played in casual play. But it doesn't mean he's complete ****. People underestimate lower tiers.

Also who the **** is R.O.B?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Also who the **** is R.O.B?
a retated robot who replace the only good person in brawl, but because brawl would still suck it wouldn't matter

and dude the bottom tiers **** harder than the middle tiers(in general) and i am surprized that some of the people are there, take m2 and look at taj, that = massive **** that shuts down many people '

really i don't know why people don't play as more people and only reason i play as fox every now in then is because i want to go fast(i play as him a 1/14 of the time)

And i think pichu can and would do decent vs other people if someone tryed like taj and could make scents, unlike me i fail at being understood and rock at the other part

i will still do my best to help everyone we pichu and pichu does have a chance like everyone else and that may be why i started playing as pichu because at the first step pichu got a big **** you and now this is pichu's turn to rise up and be counted for what he can do and if you read my little guide about the grabs you know you can grab fox with about every move and that's fox's bestest weakest and if pichu could do that before i came along and started adding stuff, just think what he can do now.

pichu's last day in the shadows of the tier list is today, today is the revolvtion and evolvtion of him (don't get pikachu)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
m2 has a bad defence and i know taj thinks m2 has at least 2 of the worst moves in the game (down B and side B) and he isn't to good at killing and pichu has crazy good kill power(if you can hit anyone) but really kirby is even worst than pichu right now slow,pretty weak/light, bad range,and kirby is sad and he started killing hiself and nothing is really going for him

unlike pichu short list: fast,powerful kill moves,amazing recovery,small,can combo/juggle and a good grab game

so come on everybody and play as pichu (dr. nick)

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Ummm... no. Mewtwo's Confusion and Disable are poorly designed special moves, as far as their natural utility is concerned. They're special moves that punish themselves WHEN THEY LAND, where that typically isn't the case for other moves. Fortunately, that means very little as they are just two special moves. If you were to compare the utility of all of Mewtwo's special moves to Pichu's, then Pichu has almost no utility at all. Thunder Jolt, Skull Bash, Thunder, Agility are all loosely viable and more often than not terrible moves to use except for cases like extra damage from up air/up smash... recovery... and that's it. Confusion and Disable work for Mewtwo just because people don't respond like CPUs do most of the time, and they're very difficult to land

Mewtwo's Defense isn't that bad actually. Tied for 3rd largest shield in the game, teleport cancels and stalls, and easier shield grabs on SHFFLS. He does have a weaker offensive game than a lot of characters, but as far as killing goes, Mewtwo does it WAY better than Pichu.

"if you can hit anyone" isn't Mewtwo's problem at all.

Mewtwo just has to land his 12th longest grab in the game and there isn't anything more to it. You don't have to read DI, you just push up. On spacies, yeah, you have to edgeguard, but most of them don't have good recovery anyway, so you have to back throw and edgeguard like everyone else.

Pichu's recovery is long, but not AMAZING. He's vulnerable throughout the duration on top of it doing no damage to opponents and doing damage to himself, which is never helpful when it comes to survival. This means that edge hogging is very good against Pichu as it can typically force a recovery pattern unless you're willing to risk going for the ledge anyway.

I still firmly believe Pichu is the absolute worst character in the game. Pichu's speed is not overwhelming like Fox/Falcon/Sheik, Pichu has difficulty doing REAL combos and his "juggles" typically deal a whopping 12%. Pichu's grab game is horrible. If Pichu does land a grab, his only advantage on fast fallers is negated by a platform. The only thing Pichu has going for him is his size.

If you want more on this, I can post it later.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
i think you should tell me all his flaws, because i easily become blind to them, but don't just try to make a long list to feel good, and i will look at the flaws long and hard to understand 100% why pichu sucks and right now i am looking at upair a little more, because if you SH just right you won't have to l cancel and you can wavedash after it and as far as i know no one else can do that

Monkey Wrench

Smash Apprentice
A direct comparison of Kirby and Pichu, just to help settle the "who's worse" debate:

Survival: Pichu's recovery is good, but the vulnerability and self-damage are annoying. Kirby's is nothing to sneeze at, but it's still easy to intercept, and final cutter is just lol. As for weight, Pichu is of course, lightest, but Kirby isn't much heavier.

Approach: Pichu really has only nair SHFFL. Tjolts are ok for occasional pressure, but they really should be kept to a minimum. Kirby has bair, which is actually a relatively good move, and fair, which sometimes works as well. Kirby is slow both on land and in air, and Pichu is reasonably fast in both areas.

KOs: Pichu has a fairly strong usmash, but the cooldown is punishable and as with all Pichu moves, lacks range. Fsmash is very strong, but the range is lol and people can DI out before the last hit. The weird knockback on dsmash can fool some people the first time but it's not very reliable. Nair can KO at high %s. Pichu can gimp with nair and fair against some characters. On the side of Kirby, he has his uair, which KOs 130-140ish? He has bair offstage and dair gimps, and the infamous Kirbycide(situational but can really turn the tide of a match).

Camping/Defense: Kirby can hide behind bair in some cases. Pichu can't really camp at all. Both have small shields and small grabs, but Kirby has a little larger of each. Pichu has a short tech roll and roll dodge, making it harder for him to get away from an aggressor.

Punishment: Kirby has grab combos and u-tilt chains. Pichu has a few grab combos and uair juggles. Not much to say here.

Overall, it seems that although Pichu is faster and stronger, Kirby is a "safer" character who doesn't need to be as careful as Pichu, as well as both punishing and avoiding punishment better.

...Poor Pichu might actually be the worst.
But he still has the best taunts.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
we all know pichu is more than flawed but part is few play as and try to take him to the next level and he could at least be a decent bottom tier you more people tryed i know he will never be middle but it can't hurt to look at what will and can work for him and this aclone so the pikachu's should have our back and if we get better they should to.

and let's get our stuff staight before we go anywhere, like how should i approach and what is good for tech chasing and WD and piovt and all that stuff

let's look right at what we are taking about and work with it

tell you what, how about i go away form the pichu boards for a week and and the only thing i will mess with is my guide and it someone says something about an asylum

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Insane carzy guy is back?

Nice, now he can keep this board active. lmfao.

Top Bottom