• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's decide the next MU discussion(s)!!!

Next MU thread? (Pick a maximum of 5 please)

• Total voters

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
My vote is for olimar. He has just been moved to second highest tier and we will playing a lot more of them now. I also feel its one of our worst matchups and probably could really use getting a talk.

:phone:

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
I think you guys should discuss the ditto get the easy one done first lol

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I'm actually for Oli discussions since it's true that he just became #1 (under MK) and he ***** us. I still want Luigi for Mid tier discussions. If we're goin' low first, then I agree that we should talk about Samus first. Everyone else in Low tier is really straight forward to fight. IMO, Samus is the best of low tier and Lucas shouldn't even be down there.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Olimar, Climbers, Wario, PT, Puff, Ness, Luigi, Zelda, Lucario, Marth

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Seeing Olimar's unprecedented rise, perhaps it would be good to do his next.

Sonic after?

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
I think we should be focusing more on the matchups that we would be playing more often at tourneys and are not in our favor (or neutral) since those would be the worst problem.I think olimar, marth and the climbers are those with more votes as for right now.

Olimar
Marth
Climbers
Sonic

Oh and please, lets focus a little more on the pending matchups discussion. We have to continue the discussion, search for good videos about the matchup and discuss them, talk about all the doubts, and the make a wrap up about the whole thing. What do you think?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
The Olimar MU hasn't changed in like the last 2 years. Its still just as terrible for exact the reasons the last time we discussed it. But I don't even care what MUs we discuss as long as they're active and productive.

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
The Olimar MU hasn't changed in like the last 2 years. Its still just as terrible for exact the reasons the last time we discussed it. But I don't even care what MUs we discuss as long as they're active and productive.
To be honest this is the way I feel about this. 100% agree.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Oli sounds like a good idea, but Sonic? Do we even fight that many of those?

Edit: Besides, I thought we were going by the poll results on this one, and Sonic only has one vote. If we're going by the most popular poll choice for MU discussions, after Oli, we should talk about ICs or Marth since they got the most votes after Oli.

Olimar, Climbers, Wario, PT, Puff, Ness, Luigi, Zelda, Lucario, Marth
Wario and Ness are pretty straightforward to fight and we beat them both pretty bad (+2 and +3 respectively). PT, on the other hand, might seem easy to fight, but I think there are a few traits of theirs that make the MU slightly annoying at times.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I guess we'll do Olimar next then.

Hoping some other people can vote so we can break some ties.

I'm saving my vote so I can sway the results survivor style. :mad088:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
It's not even, though. I should probably save this for the soon forthcoming DDD:ZSS MU thread, but I guess I'll just repeat myself when the time comes. DDD can't CG ZSS and that's only the start of our problems. She outmaneuvers us and easily gets in and out of our space (without getting grabbed). Add to this the danger of her pieces at the start of the match and you're starting to see a bad outcome to this MU. Now remember that ZSS's killing power isn't weak (she can spike us w/ downB, kill us off the sides w/ side-B and side aerials, or kill us off the top w/ uair) and we have trouble gimping her due to her recovery mixups. To finish the job, realize that ZSS can also outcamp us with lasers. If she catches us in our shields, she can space dsmashes on our shield right outside of our grab range and if we try anything funny, we get hit which leads into a free combo or kill setup.

Edit: Wow, now the tie's only between ICs and ZSS... What happened to Marth? :(

Top Bottom