• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Mana Mafia - The Faerie Arc - Star Crossed Lovers - The End!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
J and Marshy's banter is substantiated by the ending of PM64 mafia. That's why it doesn't strike me as at all out of character for J to change his tone slightly. He just lost as scum to Mar****own.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Ryker ()
2. Krystedez ()
3. Shadow Moth (4) Krystedez, Zenar, Ryker, marshy
4. J ()
5. Rake ()
6. KevinM ()
7. Handorin ()
8. Spaghebti (1) Soup
9. Zenar ()
10. Raziek ()
11. Soup~ (3) Handorin, Raziek, J
12. Marshy (1) Spaghebti

Not voting - Shadow Moth, Rake, KevinM,

With 12 playing, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is June 4th at 11:59 PM CST (GMT-6).

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
J and Marshy's banter is substantiated by the ending of PM64 mafia. That's why it doesn't strike me as at all out of character for J to change his tone slightly. He just lost as scum to Mar****own.
What about everyone else pointed out? What's your read on J?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I dislike the demeanor from bubbly happy jokey J to completely serious about my post about marshy, and when I ask him "You thought I was being serious?" he responds in a very appealing manner:

There's also this awkwardness bouncing around with him and marshy, I dislike it greatly and I dislike the approach that J is taking.
Well, I already addressed why I don't think Marshy/J is odd.

I want more elaboration on the specifics of the "approach" that you're talking about.

Let me address Soup/J directly in my next post.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
OMGUS, text-book scum tell, Lynch nao plx.
Obvious RVS.
Are you kidding? Marshy wanting a quick-lynch already is town as hell.
You claim Marshy's quicklynch is a Town tell.
There are a lot of heavy hitters and big personalities in this game. It is definitely going to yield some interesting battles and debates.
This is an unrelated comment to your exchange.
@Soup: That's marshy's #1 null-tell haha. Check Hearts, he does the same there.
J corrects that. Note the "haha", which lends a distinctly less serious tone. He doesn't go any deeper than providing a counterexample.
Wait, you took me seriously?
Don't know why you think he was serious.
No not really because I didn't think you were serious with your 15.

o_O
This seems genuine.

So no, I don't really see ScumJ here.

Move J to townlean for me as a result of examining this more closely.

#HBC | ѕoup

He seemed to have a serious enough response to give me an answer regarding his possible alignment, I was curious because of that, and like I said I felt he was appealing because of this.

It's just an awkward approach I get, filled with useless posts here and there that don't really offer anything, RVS can be an excuse but it just feels..awkward to me. I can be wrong and accept it but I'm going to disagree here and pursue this further, I want to hear what J has to say exactly.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Raziek, do I appear to have low-level play to you because of my lack of game experience + meta in the Dgames forum (this being my first real Dgames mafia), or because you actually think I'm bad?

Not that I take offense to either scenario. But just wondering. I seek only to improve my play.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@Spaghebti: Big personalities imo would be like myself, Ryker, Marshy, your hydra, Zenar, KevinM, and idk about Hando but I assume possibly since he is well reknown but that is a total guess. Plus Raz and Soup are usually characters regardless of games so I guess that adds.

Soup, what exactly do you want me to say on the matter? I find your approach on me for a couple of RVS is reaching and semi-silly because I don't get how you found I was being awkward w.r.t. things and you tried to appeal to people saying "Who else thinks J might be scum?". I mean you aren't even really seeming to care about what I have said or trying to analyze it but more just looking at the bad in it and saying that it is "awkward" over and over, but what about being awkward is scummy, in your opinion?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Raziek, do I appear to have low-level play to you because of my lack of game experience + meta in the Dgames forum (this being my first real Dgames mafia), or because you actually think I'm bad?

Not that I take offense to either scenario. But just wondering. I seek only to improve my play.
Lack of experience, mostly.

It's not that you're bad, because I haven't really examined your reads in any of the games you've played. Which is the problem in itself. You don't post enough, and you exert 0 influence on the thread. I can't remember a single thing you did in Castlevania mafia besides answer like one of my questions and get killed by Dabunz on N2.

Now, completely external dialogue aside, I want something relevant from you.

Take a stance on either Soup or J. Support it, and explain why you chose the one you chose to take a stance on.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
@Spaghebti: Big personalities imo would be like myself, Ryker, Marshy, your hydra, Zenar, KevinM, and idk about Hando but I assume possibly since he is well reknown but that is a total guess. Plus Raz and Soup are usually characters regardless of games so I guess that adds.
Characters?

What do you mean by that? :smirk:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You guys are interesting posters I like to see in games. Semi-underdogs imo.

Oh I forgot something in my last post:

HoS: marshy

Gotta one up him.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
HoS? Why wouldn't you just vote him if you want to one-up him?

All you did was expose yourself to being one-upped by a vote. Hella fake.

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup, what exactly do you want me to say on the matter? I find your approach on me for a couple of RVS is reaching and semi-silly because I don't get how you found I was being awkward w.r.t. things and you tried to appeal to people saying "Who else thinks J might be scum?". I mean you aren't even really seeming to care about what I have said or trying to analyze it but more just looking at the bad in it and saying that it is "awkward" over and over, but what about being awkward is scummy, in your opinion?
I just feel like you gave me a serious response and dislike the answer to me when I felt I was posting jokingly in the first place, and I dislike all this incoherent filler here and there. I think this is starting to boil down to reading each others intent wrongly. Despite you and marshy's joking demeanor, what do you think about his fos? I wasn't sure, I wanted to hear what other people said and I basically got nothing.

#HBC | ѕoup

A bit sloppy but put in a paragraph that focuses on the main points. And it seems that you ninja'd me and you have a HoS on marshy.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I just feel like you gave me a serious response and dislike the answer to me when I felt I was posting jokingly in the first place, and I dislike all this incoherent filler here and there. I think this is starting to boil down to reading each others intent wrongly. Despite you and marshy's joking demeanor, what do you think about his fos? I wasn't sure, I wanted to hear what other people said and I basically got nothing.
Quote examples of incoherent filler.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
HoS? Why wouldn't you just vote him if you want to one-up him?

All you did was expose yourself to being one-upped by a vote. Hella fake.
All marshy pointed was a figure, I pointed the whole hand at him. He isn't voting me though, he switched to the Shadow Moth wagon so yeah haha.

But the response wasn't serious though? I mean I guess I can understand your PoV in being that you thought it was serious and was a knee-jerk reaction to you posting that but I really don't see how. I mean it was still joking at the like and I don't get what the "incoherent filler" was because as Raz pointed out, it was more just me and marshy duking it out after him helping town beat me in Paper Mario. I think it is boiling down to reading each others posts wrong too. Thing is that bugs me though, you were really quick to jump the gun and try and get people's reads on me/say I was scum.

His FoS is nothing at all. He's gonna die soon anyways so I don't see any reason to worry about him.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*Finger turned into figure. I can't even blame that on auto-correct because I was typing that one. My fingers are not wanting to type that much anymore after that interview haha.

#HBC | ѕoup

There are a lot of heavy hitters and big personalities in this game. It is definitely going to yield some interesting battles and debates.
Funny note:

D3 is what I consider my warranty in mafia games haha. If I am mafia, I usually am dead by that day phase ironically.
There is posts with content that are somewhat meritable and then there are posts like these, I'm likely not going to pursue this any longer as I feel that I'm just reading him wrong right now, but I'm waiting for his replies.

#HBC | ѕoup

All marshy pointed was a figure, I pointed the whole hand at him. He isn't voting me though, he switched to the Shadow Moth wagon so yeah haha.

But the response wasn't serious though? I mean I guess I can understand your PoV in being that you thought it was serious and was a knee-jerk reaction to you posting that but I really don't see how. I mean it was still joking at the like and I don't get what the "incoherent filler" was because as Raz pointed out, it was more just me and marshy duking it out after him helping town beat me in Paper Mario. I think it is boiling down to reading each others posts wrong too. Thing is that bugs me though, you were really quick to jump the gun and try and get people's reads on me/say I was scum.

His FoS is nothing at all. He's gonna die soon anyways so I don't see any reason to worry about him.
It's a change of pace but it was something that bothered me, I know I usually play with my cards close to my hands but this was something I felt had merit.

Unvote

What do you think of Spaghebti while we're on the subject?

#HBC | ѕoup

What makes his filler stand apart from anyone else's? Why does this make him scum?
I dropped it, I decided I was misreading his intent all-together and that it was silly of me to push it, but I still got something out of it so it wasn't all a waste.

Spaghebti

macman|Gheb_01
Soup, does the filler actually make you think he's scum? Or are you just overextending to try an win an argument?

fwiw, i dig the J wagon

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
How were those any different from Hando's and Marshy's? I'm looking at you very oddly at the moment Soup.

Speghebti doesn't have anything really substan-....

*live update*

What lol?

*back to soup*

basically all they have is two random votes and a random question to me.

#HBC | ѕoup

How were those any different from Hando's and Marshy's? I'm looking at you very oddly at the moment Soup.

Speghebti doesn't have anything really substan-....

*live update*

What lol?

*back to soup*

basically all they have is two random votes and a random question to me.
Because it's entirely different? I don't know what was going with Hando but the guy self-voted as his first post, I don't know anything about him but I can tell you that both macman and Gheb usually have reason to their votes. Marshy is different because I agreed with his vote, I'm not gonna call someone out who I think is making the right call unless I want to pursue something with them. Not the case with marshy.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Awkward how? Are we gonna go through this **** again?

Let me just pin on my "J Defender" badge.

Google gave me nothing for J-Defender images, though it is apparently a type of Japanese combat knife.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I've already claimed.

Also, Vote Moth. Should he flip scum, lynch Krystadez.
???

vote shadowmoth

:phone:
Scary times 2 against from previous post.

Lack of experience, mostly.

It's not that you're bad, because I haven't really examined your reads in any of the games you've played. Which is the problem in itself. You don't post enough, and you exert 0 influence on the thread. I can't remember a single thing you did in Castlevania mafia besides answer like one of my questions and get killed by Dabunz on N2.

Now, completely external dialogue aside, I want something relevant from you.

Take a stance on either Soup or J. Support it, and explain why you chose the one you chose to take a stance on.
My stance is null on J, scummy on Soup. Very weak reads. Nothing particular interesting day 1. Gut feelings aside, posts from Soup seemed weakly substantiated and leading.

I could see a scum read on marshy, soup/ragnarock, marshy, and ryker. I could see only one of the three being scum, and the others being deceived because of previous pro-town play with these players. I am going on no meta here so bare with me. I don't care if I'm wrong later, but this is my feelings for now, except for this little tidbit that makes me think they'll identify as scum later;

I could go further but then I'd be hella reaching/role fishing and

Anyways.

Unvote.

Vote: Ryker

Still somewhat RVS, but otherwise looking for answers from Ryker on these thoughts. Do you see a soup + marshy relationship? Is one of them scum? What did you mean by that post above? (again below for ref)

I've already claimed.

Also, Vote Moth. Should he flip scum, lynch Krystadez.

Top Bottom