• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leffen's diddy trixxiez ( not common knowledge )

leffen

Smash Champion
So hai guiz ima EU diddy player and ima share some tips and stuff that you might not know.
Please realize some might know this stuff ( this is not " ADHD YOU SHOULD DO X " ) .

Jab.

Jab is very good and EXTREMELY underrated.
it has decent range and combos ( / pseudo combos ) into grab .
But if it combos into grab ( 6 frames ) then it will also combo into :
Dtilt ( frame 4 ) Utilt ( pops em up so you will almost always hit , frame 6 ) Usmash ( f5 )
Dsmash ( f6 ) .
Oh and it has crazy priority for a jab, it will clank with alot of stuff and leave minimal lag after ( usually with u in frame advantage for another jab / dtilt ) .
For example
Pikas Neutral B, Snakes Mortar slide and / Ftilt / utilt ( if decently close afaik ) .
Oh did i mention it is very hard / impossible to shield grab the jab full combo for most chars? And it shield pokes extremely good.

other random stuff.
Up throw
Srsly, way too good , i think it leaves frame + advantage and you can easily jump and uair people before they react / have time .
If they airdodge you can simply fall -> another uair, bair / fair /side b /nanner pull .
alot of chars dont have any option, and it often works on people that have some but with low air mobilty ( MK ). Some are -> DDD, Snake , Marth , Rob, Diddy, Link and GAW ( his dair startup is very slow ) etc.
If u are good at reading this could also lead to early fthrow kills lol.

Dash attack.
Just as i mentioned you cant shield grab jab so you can just dash attack into jab ( IF IT HITS DSMASH / USMASH / GRAB :D ) and if it doesnt hit then just do full combo, it will nearly always shield poke and if ur behind them they cant do **** :D
Other stuff u can do after shield pressuring with dash attack ( lol ) is roll away ( good , esp if u pick up nanner since then you can follow up with pressure / retreat after the roll ), grab vs tethers ( or vs people who just holds shield because u have jab comboed them ) and FOOTSTOOL.
Yes footstool, if they roll = lol , spotdodge = lol, punish Shield grab will be footstooled during their animation and after that u can AFAIK dair them / nair otherwise just footstool -> up B .
Oh and this can also start single nanner lock afaik.

Vs D3, if they Inhale, do side b but DONT kick ( grab armor ) .
Ur sideb grab will win every time.

will add more.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
the last one is helpful i didnt know that, but the other two are really meh.

leffen

Smash Champion
you havent even tested any of them out , i have tested them in many matchups (vs very good players )successfully, atleast give it a try.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
id say its current common knowledge amongst tourney play diddy players. in the end wat matters is whether or not the opponent adapts and if so we can mixup, etc.

leffen

Smash Champion
Ofc its only mixups , very underrated ones tho. If these mixups really are commonly known then why doesnt anyone use em? U are either 1. Lying/ denying /exaggerating or 2. You arent à good/ tourny diddy, since then you would be able to tell the flaws already.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
STOP THIS DASH ATTACK BS

You have a minimum frame disadvantage of -17 after landing a dash attack on a shield. Even tethers can shield grab you.

LET THIS BE KNOWN

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Ofc its only mixups , very underrated ones tho. If these mixups really are commonly known then why doesnt anyone use em? U are either 1. Lying/ denying /exaggerating or 2. You arent à good/ tourny diddy, since then you would be able to tell the flaws already.
there are better options...

more peanuts :3.

napZzz

Smash Hero
lol diddys dash attack isn't lagless I'm pretty sure you can attack inbetween his ending lag and the starting of the jab with most characters easily

leffen

Smash Champion
I decided to take a triple post to say:

Diddy Kong's dash attack is unpunishable.

He can jab or D-tilt an opponent before they should be able to grab him even if they play it perfectly. It has 0 ending lag, none whatsoever.
sup?
also in another frame thread it says it has -2 frame advantage, which is true ( tested myself ).

leffen

Smash Champion
Either its 1. Very much shield lag or 2. Ur data is wrong.
This isnt theroycrafting man, i HAVE tested it .

EDIT: Looked into it, LMAO learn to count shieldstun xD
simply add the **** from the very same thread and what do you get? -3 to -1 advantage.
Also stop trolling my thread please, idc whatever a scrub thinks but when you start spreading false info it gets annoying.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
<words>... FOOTSTOOL.
Yes footstool, if they roll = lol , spotdodge = lol, punish Shield grab will be footstooled during their animation and after that u can AFAIK dair them / nair otherwise just footstool -> up B .
Oh and this can also start single nanner lock afaik.
You jump too high after a footstool to do anything (IE, D-Air/N-Air should NEVER hit after a footstool unless the opponent stood still and waited for you to fall... which they won't). We already tested things we can do with Footstooling very throughouly, but Diddy really don't have any use for it. The Footstool > Up-B MIGHT work, but that would require some really tricky timing, and if you miss you're stuck in freefall, just begging to be blown off the screen.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
(Third Hit)
Hits on Frame: 20-23
Duration: 37

Just stop it.
I'm not going to get into the middle of the argument, but I'd just like to point out that Diddy's DA has three hits, and this DEFINITELY does not cover the hit range. This perhaps is the FIRST hit of Diddy's DA, and if the third hit comes out on 35 then it does indeed have -2 on block. I don't know the data on Diddy's Dash attack though (I really should learn it.)

That being said, I'm pretty sure it's not -17 on block (LOL) as I most certainly CANNOT shielddrop Fsmash a Diddy for Dash Attacking my shield as Marth (though I have other ways of punishing it)

Also, you can cross up with Dash Attack and turn around jab. Turning around only takes two frames and Diddy is ANNOYINGLY short, making a lot of Bair OOS moves difficult to use on him.

Just wanted to clear that up. Obviously, you should consider any mix-ups that occur to you, and both parties should accept suggestions and criticisms.

leffen

Smash Champion
Ye, so i looked into it on training mode and if u dont use à attack then will like almost fall over but if you dont you cancel it like atleast 10 frames earlier.
BTW diddy luigi is in diddys favor if you really want ti beat him.
Simply turn on tilt stick!
1. He will slide almost nothing
2. Pivots
pivoting dtilt into more dtilts, up angled ftilt or fair is so beasttttt.
Also, the timing for up b is amazingly easy and Pierce i mentioned turn around jab :>

sai_:)

Smash Ace
BTW diddy luigi is in diddys favor if you really want ti beat him.
Simply turn on tilt stick!
1. He will slide almost nothing
2. Pivots
pivoting dtilt into more dtilts, up angled ftilt or fair is so beasttttt.
Also, the timing for up b is amazingly easy and Pierce i mentioned turn around jab :>
whaaaaaaaaaaaaa? suggesting that tilts are helpful in the MU does not make it in diddy's favor. he kills diddy hella early due to f-smash and up-b. he slides out of banana locks and is generally a pain in the *** to deal with. I'm not saying its some un winnable match up ut its is MOST DEFINITELY NOT in Diddy's favor. your going to have to put a lot more info than that to convince me that its Diddy's favor.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Jab is very good and EXTREMELY underrated.
it has decent range and combos ( / pseudo combos ) into grab .
But if it combos into grab ( 6 frames ) then it will also combo into :
Dtilt ( frame 4 ) Utilt ( pops em up so you will almost always hit , frame 6 ) Usmash ( f5 )
Dsmash ( f6 ) .
that works fine in theory craft, but the reason jab -> grab works is that most people Shield on reaction.

ill try jab dtilt a bit more though lol

leffen

Smash Champion
learn to read please, i have USED this jab-> dsmash etc EXTREMELY many times in serious matches, this is not theorycraft.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Jab > anything with Diddy Kong is not a guaranteed combo. His jab doesn't produce long enough hit-stun for you to actually take advantage of your opponents while they are being hit - not to mention that the cool-down on Diddy's first jab is slightly longer than others. You being able to connect with anything else in succession is merely a product of your opponent simply not paying enough attention. Most characters (i.e. Falco) can just jab you back; others can SDI the jab if they are expecting it and can counterattack with an appropriate aerial attack or a B-special (Dolphin Slash, Shuttle Loop, etc.).

Everything else you have mentioned, contrary to your own personal belief, has been explored to varying degrees in the past.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
I'm not going to get into the middle of the argument, but I'd just like to point out that Diddy's DA has three hits, and this DEFINITELY does not cover the hit range. This perhaps is the FIRST hit of Diddy's DA, and if the third hit comes out on 35 then it does indeed have -2 on block. I don't know the data on Diddy's Dash attack though (I really should learn it.)

That being said, I'm pretty sure it's not -17 on block (LOL) as I most certainly CANNOT shielddrop Fsmash a Diddy for Dash Attacking my shield as Marth (though I have other ways of punishing it)

Also, you can cross up with Dash Attack and turn around jab. Turning around only takes two frames and Diddy is ANNOYINGLY short, making a lot of Bair OOS moves difficult to use on him.

Just wanted to clear that up. Obviously, you should consider any mix-ups that occur to you, and both parties should accept suggestions and criticisms.
~Pierce7d, the source -o- knowledge~

DA = 2 good

Top Bottom