• Support SmashBoards and get Premium Membership today!

• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends Champions for Smash

Which League of Legends Champion would you want to see?

• Garen

• Katarina

• Teemo

• Ahri

• Ryze

• Annie

• Ashe

• Ezreal

• Lux

• Yasuo

• Riven

• Jinx

• Miss Fortune

• Ekko

• Other

• Vi

• Lee Sin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
All we have on that one is... literally a tweet.

Maybe we'll get a teaser on that, but I wouldn't count on it. From what I understood, it was in a really early stage of production. It's more likely we'll get some info next year - after Ruined King and potentially a few other projects release.
I would be surprised if we get any info on the moba seeing as they usually take ages to make maybe we get a placeholder title but that would be about it.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Well, well, well. The League Cinematic Universe looks amazing! :4pacman:

In all seriousness, this is the biggest story arc we've seen in a little while. Makes me wonder if we'll see the highlighted champions (Darius, Lucian, Senna, etc) in Ruined King. Hell, maybe the King himself will be a boss in the fighting game!

EDIT: Oh ****, he's a JUNGLER!? And we're getting a top lane mage!

Last edited:

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
Well, well, well. The League Cinematic Universe looks amazing! :4pacman:

In all seriousness, this is the biggest story arc we've seen in a little while. Makes me wonder if we'll see the highlighted champions (Darius, Lucian, Senna, etc) in Ruined King. Hell, maybe the King himself will be a boss in the fighting game!

EDIT: Oh ****, he's a JUNGLER!? And we're getting a top lane mage!
the lane mage appears to be viegos wife

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
Probably, yes. I'm also curious about the ADC... who apparently doesn't go into bot lane. Another mid Marksman like Corki, perhaps?

Also, Viego's abilities and voice lines were leaked. Kit looks interesting... and he's Vladimir's nephew!?
It cant really be anywhere else but midlane

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Well, we got a teaser today.

Few reworks and a new champion teased. Probably the Ruined King himself.

Here's something I'd like to propose to the people in here: how would your most wanted Champion play?

MasterWarlord MasterWarlord and Mapusaurus Mapusaurus : I'm particularly interested in your takes because of last week. Particularly because I have no freaking clue how Teemo's Guerilla Warfare and Lee Sin's Safeguard would be implemented in Smash, and they're trademarks for these characters.
Since somebody asked me to come up with an idea for how Guerrilla Warfare would work for Teemo, here we go.

GUERRILLA WARFARE TEEMO
Passive
Teemo Ability: Guerrilla Warfare

If Teemo stands still and takes no actions for 1.5 seconds, he becomes stealthed indefinitely. After leaving stealth, Teemo gains the Element of Surprise, increasing his attack speed by 20 / 40 / 60 / 80% for 2 seconds.

In addition, moving inside brush for 1.5 seconds also allows Teemo to become stealthed.

Not everything in Smash has to translate perfectly. A special dedicated to this ability would probably be for the best. I would advocate for the invisibility removing his player tag and other visual indicators, to actually hide him.

In the event we don't want to do real invisibility due to deeming it too gimmicky, there is an alternative part of the move that can be focused on, the part where he gains "element of surprise" as coming out of invisibility, which can be the primary purpose of the move, while the "invisibility" remains as a gimmick on par with the easily seen through cloaking device of Melee.

A middle ground take that would be my personal preferred option would be that he just has a move that summons brush. Any League character could summon brush since it's such an iconic part of League, but aside from the nature themed characters like Ivern and Maokai, I think Teemo makes the most sense to do that, and he's the only one who makes sense to do it who is a mainstream League champion. If he can summon brush, he could have full invisibility only while inside of the brush, to make it significantly less unfair for opponents to keep track of. Pressing the special button again with brush already summoned could potentially have him turn invisible very briefly regardless of location.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Rie Sonomura

CRASH POGGERS CRASH POGGERS
Premium
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wonder why it took them this long. Maybe they're investing more of their time in the console version? Maybe we'll even get a preview in 2021, since they seem to have hit a stable development phase for mobile.
But also, people predict the next Smash character around March...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
But also, people predict the next Smash character around March...
Yeah, I got it.

As of now, I have a bit of a hard time seeing it. Of the three remaining reveals, imo, the best shot for a League character would be CP10 - because its reveal would be around the E3 Direct, or whatever its replacement will be. There's a better chance for Riot to draw their fanbase to watch it that way (announce that news for WR or RK will be there, so that LoL fans can tune in and watch the reveal).

The only way I can see a League character being next is if we got the return of General Directs or Minis - which seems kinda unlikely given Japan's current circumstances.

Then again, this is just me spitballing, so who knows? :roll:

Top Bottom