• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends Champions for Smash

Which League of Legends Champion would you want to see?

• Garen

• Katarina

• Teemo

• Ahri

• Ryze

• Annie

• Ashe

• Ezreal

• Lux

• Yasuo

• Riven

• Jinx

• Miss Fortune

• Ekko

• Other

• Vi

• Lee Sin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
All we have on that one is... literally a tweet.

Maybe we'll get a teaser on that, but I wouldn't count on it. From what I understood, it was in a really early stage of production. It's more likely we'll get some info next year - after Ruined King and potentially a few other projects release.
I would be surprised if we get any info on the moba seeing as they usually take ages to make maybe we get a placeholder title but that would be about it.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Well, well, well. The League Cinematic Universe looks amazing! :4pacman:

In all seriousness, this is the biggest story arc we've seen in a little while. Makes me wonder if we'll see the highlighted champions (Darius, Lucian, Senna, etc) in Ruined King. Hell, maybe the King himself will be a boss in the fighting game!

EDIT: Oh ****, he's a JUNGLER!? And we're getting a top lane mage!

Last edited:

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
Well, well, well. The League Cinematic Universe looks amazing! :4pacman:

In all seriousness, this is the biggest story arc we've seen in a little while. Makes me wonder if we'll see the highlighted champions (Darius, Lucian, Senna, etc) in Ruined King. Hell, maybe the King himself will be a boss in the fighting game!

EDIT: Oh ****, he's a JUNGLER!? And we're getting a top lane mage!
the lane mage appears to be viegos wife

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
Probably, yes. I'm also curious about the ADC... who apparently doesn't go into bot lane. Another mid Marksman like Corki, perhaps?

Also, Viego's abilities and voice lines were leaked. Kit looks interesting... and he's Vladimir's nephew!?
It cant really be anywhere else but midlane

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Well, we got a teaser today.

Few reworks and a new champion teased. Probably the Ruined King himself.

Here's something I'd like to propose to the people in here: how would your most wanted Champion play?

MasterWarlord MasterWarlord and Mapusaurus Mapusaurus : I'm particularly interested in your takes because of last week. Particularly because I have no freaking clue how Teemo's Guerilla Warfare and Lee Sin's Safeguard would be implemented in Smash, and they're trademarks for these characters.
Since somebody asked me to come up with an idea for how Guerrilla Warfare would work for Teemo, here we go.

GUERRILLA WARFARE TEEMO
Passive
Teemo Ability: Guerrilla Warfare

If Teemo stands still and takes no actions for 1.5 seconds, he becomes stealthed indefinitely. After leaving stealth, Teemo gains the Element of Surprise, increasing his attack speed by 20 / 40 / 60 / 80% for 2 seconds.

In addition, moving inside brush for 1.5 seconds also allows Teemo to become stealthed.

Not everything in Smash has to translate perfectly. A special dedicated to this ability would probably be for the best. I would advocate for the invisibility removing his player tag and other visual indicators, to actually hide him.

In the event we don't want to do real invisibility due to deeming it too gimmicky, there is an alternative part of the move that can be focused on, the part where he gains "element of surprise" as coming out of invisibility, which can be the primary purpose of the move, while the "invisibility" remains as a gimmick on par with the easily seen through cloaking device of Melee.

A middle ground take that would be my personal preferred option would be that he just has a move that summons brush. Any League character could summon brush since it's such an iconic part of League, but aside from the nature themed characters like Ivern and Maokai, I think Teemo makes the most sense to do that, and he's the only one who makes sense to do it who is a mainstream League champion. If he can summon brush, he could have full invisibility only while inside of the brush, to make it significantly less unfair for opponents to keep track of. Pressing the special button again with brush already summoned could potentially have him turn invisible very briefly regardless of location.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I wonder why it took them this long. Maybe they're investing more of their time in the console version? Maybe we'll even get a preview in 2021, since they seem to have hit a stable development phase for mobile.
But also, people predict the next Smash character around March...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
But also, people predict the next Smash character around March...
Yeah, I got it.

As of now, I have a bit of a hard time seeing it. Of the three remaining reveals, imo, the best shot for a League character would be CP10 - because its reveal would be around the E3 Direct, or whatever its replacement will be. There's a better chance for Riot to draw their fanbase to watch it that way (announce that news for WR or RK will be there, so that LoL fans can tune in and watch the reveal).

The only way I can see a League character being next is if we got the return of General Directs or Minis - which seems kinda unlikely given Japan's current circumstances.

Then again, this is just me spitballing, so who knows? :roll:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Random thought that might bode well for a LoL rep - I think last year in the Black themed Spirit Event we got a lone new series Spirit - Lotus from Warframe. Warframe is a free to play Western game with online capabilities and purchasable weapons/skins... just saying :drshrug:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Random thought that might bode well for a LoL rep - I think last year in the Black themed Spirit Event we got a lone new series Spirit - Lotus from Warframe. Warframe is a free to play Western game with online capabilities and purchasable weapons/skins... just saying :drshrug:
It's possible. No idea if the Warframe fanbase is big in Japan or anything, but in any case it shows they're at least willing to consider these kinds of games.

And if I'm not mistaken, it was a bit after WF released on the Switch, too... and hey, we got stuff coming this year, sooo :drshrug:

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
oh hello

i decided to read the LoL wiki for Yone's lore and I found something very interesting:
“Initially I wanted Yone to be sort of like an 'echo fighter' to Yasuo. We wanted to lower Yasuo's pick rate, which sounds really weird! But it's actually healthy for League,” says champion designer Jonathan “EndlessPillows” Fuller. “Yasuo is the highest played champion in League. Giving Yasuo mains another option with a similar playstyle helps increase champion diversity, and that keeps each game feeling fresh.”
'echo fighter'
granted the LoL team are huge game buffs and make reference to every video game, anime or comic known to man but that specific choice of words...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
oh hello

i decided to read the LoL wiki for Yone's lore and I found something very interesting:

granted the LoL team are huge game buffs and make reference to every video game, anime or comic known to man but that specific choice of words...

Dunno which is funnier: the fact that they call lowering Yasuo's pick rate "healthier for League"; straight up call Yone an Echo...

...Or the possibility of us getting them both in Smash. :4pacman:

Jokes aside, yeah, the League team are pretty much big video game nuts. In particular, this is far from the first time they reference Nintendo games. So the usage of this term doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Any chance we might see anything lol today? maybe the switch release of wild rift/ the ruined king?
Perhaps. If I'm not mistaken, mobile WR will go live in just a month or two, so it makes sense that we should get an update on the console version soon.

To be clear, I don't think today's reveal is a LoL rep, though I'll be really happy to be wrong. Way I see it, if there's a LoL rep in the final three, they're probably CP10 (our 2021 E3 reveal).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ay hold up my brain just connected the dots

remember that Fortnite “no comment” rumor?

remember the last time this happened was with Suda51 and we got a Travis Mii?

Epic and Riot are both owned by tencent

what if... Jonesy Mii... with a League rep??

1614365785994.gif

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Ay hold up my brain just connected the dots

remember that Fortnite “no comment” rumor?

remember the last time this happened was with Suda51 and we got a Travis Mii?

Epic and Riot are both owned by tencent

what if... Jonesy Mii... with a League rep??
Epic isn't completely owned by Tencent, though. If I'm not mistaken, it's somewhere between 20~40% shares. Riot is 100% Tencent.

Tbh, I don't see any correlation. The two games don't have anything in common despite being really big... and being F2P with paid cosmetics.

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
Epic isn't completely owned by Tencent, though. If I'm not mistaken, it's somewhere between 20~40% shares. Riot is 100% Tencent.

Tbh, I don't see any correlation. The two games don't have anything in common despite being really big... and being F2P with paid cosmetics.
I think after pyra and mythra chances of a league rep went from 1percent to 0.01 percent sadly unless we get a pass 3.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I think after pyra and mythra chances of a league rep went from 1percent to 0.01 percent sadly unless we get a pass 3.
I think LoL still has a shot, but it absolutely has to be next if that's the case. I can't see a reveal like that ending the DLC for Ultimate.

P/M do lower the chances a bit, because they're the third 2010s characters in Volume 2 - it would be weird to have 2/3rds of the Volume come from the same decade if they're aiming for variety and different target audiences. That said, MOBAs are still an unrepped genre and League is one of the biggest possible reveals out there, so I wouldn't count it out yet.

I do agree on one thing, though - if there is a third Pass, I would honestly consider calling a LoL rep a frontrunner instead of a dark horse. Keyword consider.

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Beta releasing tomorrow. Hopefully, they'll announce an actual console beta.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Beta releasing tomorrow. Hopefully, they'll announce an actual console beta.
Hope it comes to iOS, I refuse to use my mom’s android phone. I don’t like Androids sue me 😤

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Kennen is the best league character. Hands down. There is no one better.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I feel like we're low on memes recently, so here:

He's right, you know. I hate it when they're right. I mean, I pride myself on not spending money on League, so I'll still try to grind for costumes as much as I can, but still...

Also Valentine's Day Ahri and Catboy Darius sound like legitimately good ideas ngl.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Oh, I was too busy for a few days, but I do have something interesting to bring up.

So, first off, the newest part of the Ruined King saga was revealed in the form of a new Champion, Gwen. It was literally today, I think, so details have eluded me so far, but it does point us out in the direction of an... Infinity War style plot. If you've been following the lore, you probably know what I'm talking about.

Second... we might get Project L news sooner than expected. Apparently, key people have been sent a survey by Riot about fighting games... and regarding "invitations for testing". So the game might actually be relatively close to a playable state, and some are even talking about a reveal at EVO, since two of the staff are also founding members.

Information is a bit scarce, since few people seem to be in the know, but I'm definitely keeping an eye out on further developments.

Good things are on the horizon for LoL fans...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh, I was too busy for a few days, but I do have something interesting to bring up.

So, first off, the newest part of the Ruined King saga was revealed in the form of a new Champion, Gwen. It was literally today, I think, so details have eluded me so far, but it does point us out in the direction of an... Infinity War style plot. If you've been following the lore, you probably know what I'm talking about.

Second... we might get Project L news sooner than expected. Apparently, key people have been sent a survey by Riot about fighting games... and regarding "invitations for testing". So the game might actually be relatively close to a playable state, and some are even talking about a reveal at EVO, since two of the staff are also founding members.

Information is a bit scarce, since few people seem to be in the know, but I'm definitely keeping an eye out on further developments.

Good things are on the horizon for LoL fans...
I just wanna know when Ruined King comes out. They said Early 2021... it also reminds me of Darkest Dungeon a bit which is a game I’m obsessed with

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
A random idea, but I feel like Kindred could be cool. Kinda like Rosa&Luma, and some other gimmicks. Maybe Mark of the Kindred can be translated into 'defeat enemy, get stronger'. A reverse comeback mechanic.
I know they're unlikely, but still.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
A random idea, but I feel like Kindred could be cool. Kinda like Rosa&Luma, and some other gimmicks. Maybe Mark of the Kindred can be translated into 'defeat enemy, get stronger'. A reverse comeback mechanic.
I know they're unlikely, but still.
I think the only issue when it comes to translating them would be their Ultimate. It's not really fitting for a special and arguably even less for a Final Smash. They'd have to do away with Lamb's Respite entirely, tbh.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
kinda random, but

tfw there's K/DA (both versions) and Pentakill icons in the Summoner Icons shop but no True Damage icons
:c

also i just unlocked ranked but i probably wont play it much if at all... i dont really do ranked of anything tbh

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I think the only issue when it comes to translating them would be their Ultimate. It's not really fitting for a special and arguably even less for a Final Smash. They'd have to do away with Lamb's Respite entirely, tbh.
I saw a post in Reddit where they made an original one, a cutscene thing where they send the opponent to a dark forest and wolf attacks the enemy, then lamb finishing with an arrow shot.
Though, I feel like Lamb's respite should be somehow in their kit.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kindred/comments/ju4yvn Here's the link if you want to read it.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I saw a post in Reddit where they made an original one, a cutscene thing where they send the opponent to a dark forest and wolf attacks the enemy, then lamb finishing with an arrow shot.
Though, I feel like Lamb's respite should be somehow in their kit.

Here's the link if you want to read it.
Huh, interesting. Good to know people are making movesets in other sites.

That said, a Final Smash where the opponent must choose between accepting death and being shot by Lamb or running and getting mauled by Wolf, with different animations deppending on the outcome, could look really cool if done right. Maybe trigger them accordingly if the opponent is idle or moving? Dunno, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Been a day so I hope I can post again

idk why but I’m starting to think Jinx may be the LoL rep if we get one. Prefer Ahri above all else but would be fine with Jinx or anyone that isn’t Gragas

Since she’s the face on the Wild Rift app and all

Top Bottom