• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Link is good on any stage that doesn't limit his recovery (i.e. walk off stages are great for him assuming he isn't facing D3).

It's my understanding that BF is Links best neutral, PS1 sounds like the 2nd option.

Delfino is my favorite stage for Link, though.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Pretty much what they said.

BF and PS1 are good neutrals. I like Smashville a lot too. Lylat's bad for Link, although I'm alright with playing there against characters who also really hate it, like the spacies.

Norfair's probably Link's dream stage. Brinstar is good as long as your opponent doesn't also really like it.

Personally I really dislike both Delfino and Japes.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Most stages for Link are preference/opponent based on how good they are.
Take Delfino, a nightmare vs DDD but a decent choice vs Olimar. RC good vs Ike, maybe Wolf, etc but suicide vs jigglypuff etc.
Frigate's Link's worst stage for sure, but most depend on factors like the opponent. This contributes to Link's bad MUs because on every stage there are characters who get more of a boost or outright murder Link that the opponent can CP. CGs limit Link's good stages a lot; he is vulnerable to most CGs besides Wario's and a few others.

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Also guys, I've been messing around with brawl textures and I got this.

I don't know much about editing Brawl textures and such, but this is all I got for now.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Speaking of LzR...

I like this guy.
The arrows are quick and simply to do some damage and mixing stuff up. Boomerang though is incredibly slow and you have to be on the other side of the stage to even throw that thing without letting your opponent **** your face. Not cool. Even worse is that the "awesome" boomerang wind gimmicks that are cool don't do anything better than if it actually did damage on the way back. Boomberang for bottom tier :awesome:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Anyway...

I might as well start this here.
What are your favorite and least favorite MUs? This doesn't directly relate to how hard a MU is or what characters you use. People will have different reasons and it's all opinions.

My favorite MUs are:
Wolf- because it's the only ditto I enjoy.
Snake- a love/hate MU. He can keep my characters on their toes in intense spacing games.
Pokemon Trainer-All 3 characters are fun and keep the match fresh.
Mario- a good Mario can push spacing and mix-up battles to the extreme.
ZSS- Bio is an incredible ZSS player and our games were super intense and fun. ZSS's unique spacing and style really make you have to think.

My least favorite MUs are:
MK- Tornado, tornado, tornado, tornado... His UpB is absurdly broken and he's often used as a pocket character for when someone's main character(s) is in trouble. A nightmare on several stages like Brinstar.
Snake- Jab/Ftilt/Nair/Dair are infuriatingly broken and spammable in lag. Snake simply outclasses most characters in power, reach and how long he lives.
Link- Link dittos can be fun but they're a speed/spacing battle mixed with a rock paper scissors attack mindgame. Shield grab>jab combo>spotdodge & punish>shield grab etc, and more complicated things too.
For some reason I feel bad gimping Link with my higher characters.
DK- He's hard to space and his grab>Fthrow hop offstage>throw stage spike is annoying.
Falco- His CG>Spike is a pain and good Falcos camp really hard.
DDD- "Don't get grabbed."
Jigglypuff- Hard to catch and hard to space; the fight feels like a weird hit and run battle.
Lucario- Fsmash. He's no Mewtwo.
Pikachu- IDK why I don't like this MU; it's just annoying.
Ganondorf- Good Ganon's can make short work of the unprepared. The fight requires careful observation and not being reckless if you want to avoid devastating punishment. They don't catch my interest.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
How do you hate the Ganon MU? Its true he can do a lot of damage if you don't brace yourself =_=. As for Falco you shouldn't be getting CG to spiked anymore. There are numerous ways around that, also most can't fight a Link if that doesn't kill them.

escro

Smash Ace
vs ganon is probably one of my more enjoyable matchups, although i havent vsed many good ganons so my opinion is probably uninformed
on the other hand ive vsed so many falcos. and i hate vsing him with any of my characters.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I love every Ganon matchup ever... when I'm the one playing as Ganon :awesome: Being a hero of time is great, but every now and then it's just so satisfying to be a bearded king of evil old man hellbent on murdering everyone in his path.

I hate fighting DK, Marth and Falco the most, probably. DK and Marth are really hard to space and get things going against. Even when I'm doing well against a good Marth, the MU just feels janky and stupid. It's just impossible to do anything against a good Falco who actually knows how to fight Link.

Legan

Smash Lord
ayooooo, I might get some vids uploaded of me vs some good ganons marth & falcos soon. Ironically. I picked link back up out of boredom and it might be better than it ever has been. I got alot of new tricks you guys might be able to pick up as well.

Rizen

Smash Legend
How do you hate the Ganon MU? Its true he can do a lot of damage if you don't brace yourself =_=. As for Falco you shouldn't be getting CG to spiked anymore. There are numerous ways around that, also most can't fight a Link if that doesn't kill them.
>Laser, laser, laser, laser, forwardB, <laser, laser, laser, forwardB, etc. Although I do enjoy it if the Falco's not smart enough to camp or the stage doesn't allow it and this doesn't happen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hoHXgN72Yzk#t=239s lol bomb drop.
vs Ganon doesn't hold my interest for some reason.
ayooooo, I might get some vids uploaded of me vs some good ganons marth & falcos soon. Ironically. I picked link back up out of boredom and it might be better than it ever has been. I got alot of new tricks you guys might be able to pick up as well.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!
Welcome back!:grin:

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Was wondering when you would return! Can't wait to see these videos <3

Rizen

Smash Legend
<3 Warm laundry.
@Legan: Learning other characters has helped my game all around, and that includes my Link:bee:. You were really on to something there. My tiers are: Link /Wolf, Zelda, G&W/ Ganon, PT. I remember you had a good ZSS and used Snake. Just curious, who are your mains/secondaries?

I can't wait to see your Link:awesome:. It's weird but true, often taking a break from something makes you better when you return. (I bet you were surprised to see SWFs more active than AiB).

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I might as well start this here.
What are your favorite and least favorite MUs? This doesn't directly relate to how hard a MU is or what characters you use. People will have different reasons and it's all opinions.
In no order.

Favorite-:bowser2::metaknight::fox::lucario::marth:
Least favorite-:mario2::kirby2::dedede::sonic::falco:

My favorite match up is metkangiht because I beat DEHFs metaknight in a friendly on Halberd with it.
hehehe
I have similar love for Link vs MK because I've won quite a few in this matchup, people who don't know the Link matchup are awesome because they just tornado into bombs and dairs all day long.

Halberd...kinda forget about that stages existance sometimes. That would probably be a good stage for Link due to that ceiling, lol.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good job making it distinct yet subtle. I would like to see Link's sword and shield textures in your pics too. :)

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Whoa looks good man.
Make one for green link
:D

:phone:
Haha, I might do a green texture later on. :p

tight texture
Thanks man.

Good job making it distinct yet subtle. I would like to see Link's sword and shield textures in your pics too. :)
Thanks Rizen. :) I personally got tired of the Zero texture hacks that I would see for Link. They were quite annoying so I decided to make my own texture. However it's still a WIP as of now.

Here are some more shots of the texture though. :D

[COLLAPSE="Huuuuge snapshot post!"]
Standard shot of Link.

Hyrule Symbol on Link's torso.

Black and red scabberd.

Jeans Texture.

Close up shot of the Master Sword. WIP as of now.

Comparison between Brawl's regular outfit and my texture hack.
[/COLLAPSE]

I'm also working on a Wolf texture too. I should be done sometime tomorrow I believe.
I thought about making a tutorial about texture hacking too, since most people have problems with figuring out HOW to texture hack properly. (I sure as hell did when I first attempted to)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Link has a very unique play-style. IMO Wolf's style is the closest to it because they're both gravity masters with similar spacing. TLink has similar specials but how he uses them is very different from Link and their standard attacks/movements are completely different. That's why I stayed with Wolf for a secondary.

escro

Smash Ace
ohh i see, makes kind of sense.
i chose wolf as a secondary because i liked his air mobility and his aerials, especially his bair.
ironically i felt they were quite different to link's slower speed and laggier aerials, which made wolf more enticing.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^What's 'LT' mean?
ugh, I've got a cold and have woken feeling c****y in the nigh for 3 days:sick: (< see, sick face).

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
:D Thank you guys for the kind comments.

I'm honestly surprised that this is my first texture hack too. It's quite easy once when you get the hang of it.

Top Bottom