• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

quirkynature

Smash Ace
lol, I was in third grade when yugioh was big and we just used the decks you could buy at target o.0 although right now the cynical half of me is saying "lol n00b you just got trolled"
I was in high school when it became popular, and we had a dedicated group for it, and I loved it, too.

The apathetic part of me is saying "lol like i care".

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I remember when Pokemon Red and Blue came out. I was 11 years old. I got Red and both my brothers got blue. Then I remember when Yugioh was cool. I didn't care for it a whole lot but did get a deck and a few boosters. Pokemon was banned at my school around the time Gold/Silver came out so the Pokemon craze at my school kinda died out around then. Silver was also the last Pokemon game I got, except the Fire Red and Soul Silver remakes for the nostalgia, haha.

....I really want to replay Wind Waker. Or at least finish up a lot of hte sidequests I was too lazy to do the first time through. Freaking nostalgia. I guess I'm just getting old, haha.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
The first season of the anime was cool, but then Yugioh got popular and Pokes got left behind for a time. Ah, the memories.

*returns to shadows*

Wait, Scabe do you have username-changing powaz as well?
No but if you want Premium Membership you get to change your username and your user title. Let me know if you want it ;)

I was a huge huge fan of Pokemon, I actually got 150 Pokemon on a friends Red Version.

I got into Yu-Gi-Oh too for a bit. But I think before that was Dragon Ball Z, man that show was soo good.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I used to play competitive Yu-gi-oh, beatdown format, Chaos format, Monarch, PC, Dark Out Summer. I'm kinda still playing it, but I've found Magic the Gathering a bit more fun and less costly.

Still video games > card games.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
No but if you want Premium Membership you get to change your username and your user title. Let me know if you want it ;)

I was a huge huge fan of Pokemon, I actually got 150 Pokemon on a friends Red Version.

I got into Yu-Gi-Oh too for a bit. But I think before that was Dragon Ball Z, man that show was soo good.
You're offering Premium...?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm getting pretty darn good with Link o_o
Just got through on Samus, Falco, Luigi, and Marth. I want to Wi-Fi with these boards, but i don't think anyone is ever on :(

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I blame stupid things like having to study for Pharmacokinetics tests that are difficult to understand with all their complicated formulas of determining how much drug, given a certain volume of distribution, will reach the intracellular fluid.

I'd play with you right now LP, since I see you're on, but I have company coming in for the weekend in like 10 minutes.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Just got through on Samus, Falco, Luigi, and Marth.
I was really bored today so I turned back to Brawl, just to see how much I'd worsened over the past two weeks. Considering the fact that I'd barely touched it, I did pretty good.

I had 10 matches with my CPU (yes, I know) set on random. The only one I lost was to Olimar. He ***** me. He two stocked me. OMG I hate Olimar. There's too many Pikmin flying about. :urg:

Pharmacokinetics tests that are difficult to understand with all their complicated formulas of determining how much drug, given a certain volume of distribution, will reach the intracellular fluid.
You guys done Patlak plot yet?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'd play with you right now LP, since I see you're on, but I have company coming in for the weekend in like 10 minutes.
Whaps :(
Missed you?

I was really bored today so I turned back to Brawl, just to see how much I'd worsened over the past two weeks. Considering the fact that I'd barely touched it, I did pretty good.

I had 10 matches with my CPU (yes, I know) set on random. The only one I lost was to Olimar. He ***** me. He two stocked me. OMG I hate Olimar. There's too many Pikmin flying about. :urg:
Olimar is a freakish MU to overcome imo. He only gets bad when he's off the ledge.

Really also hate Samus MU, i know it's spam vs spam, but how on earth do we get in? >__>

quirkynature

Smash Ace
Really also hate Samus MU, i know it's spam vs spam, but how on earth do we get in? >__>
Spot-dodge and approach in spurts. That's what I do. Jump, toss 'Rang and sprint before spot-dodging again. I actually find approaching Samus easy...maybe because I haven't played a decent Samus IDK.

Unlike Link, her projectiles have enough lag in between to get in a step or two before having to dodge.

KOing her another matter completely lol she never dies .

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Spot-dodge and approach in spurts. That's what I do. Jump, toss 'Rang and sprint before spot-dodging again. I actually find approaching Samus easy...maybe because I haven't played a decent Samus IDK.

Unlike Link, her projectiles have enough lag in between to get in a step or two before having to dodge.

KOing her another matter completely lol she never dies .

I normally make my way in pretty easy, but when i watch matches like Legan vs Xyro, it just drops me down to think "Am i playing good Samuses? ._."

@Red: Lol, she's super easy to KO, just needs good DI to survive higher than 150%

Edit: Luck to ya, Scabe :)

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Olimar is a freakish MU to overcome imo. He only gets bad when he's off the ledge.
Olimar is an easy matchup. He has to approach us due to lack of a projectile, has like one option OoS in nair, he doesn't have a grab, his range is nonexistant, his UpB has no hitbox and his recovery in general is significantly worse than ours, and he can't kill Link until like 300%, and even then you can whiplash his only move that really kills, his ftilt. I'd put it like 85-15 Link's favor. Sometimes I play as Olimar for a challenge. He's easily worse than Ganon.

Now, PIKMIN and Olimar, on the other hand, they're nasty. I've never ever played as them.

Also, I played with my old roommates last night. I was Random all night long. Never got Link once, but I got Tink twice. It's like the only time I've ever succeeded as Tink. It felt dirty :( Murdering people as Ganon is always fun though, and I got him like 5 times. And I got Olimar twice too. Lost the one (obviously) and somehow won the second when I played the other two people against each other and went for broke on the last kill against Pit, hitting him out of WoI far offstage with him falling down before I did. It was my only kill, haha.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm back to my I love Brawl mood again.

I've been playing really well recently. I find that I switch moods a lot. I have periods where I'm depressive and I play bad. Then I have the good moods where I play good. I wonder how I can keep this up?
^
'Far cry' by 'Rush'
"[...]
It's a far cry from the world we thought we'd inherit
It's a far cry from the way we thought we'd share it
You can almost feel the current flowing
You can almost see the circuits blowing

One day I feel I'm on top of the world
And the next it's falling in on me
I can get back on
I can get back on
One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel,
And the next it's rolling over me
I can get back on
I can get back on

It's a far cry from the world we thought we'd inherit
You can almost see the circle growing
You can almost feel the planet glowing

One day I feel I'm on top of the world
I can get back on
I can get back on
One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel,
And the next it's rolling over me
I can get back on
I can get back on

One day I fly through a crack in the sky
I can get back on
I can get back on"

Get used to it.
does anybody have a picture of Deva?
^
Why do you need a picture of Deva?
Oh god no...
I'm already laughing.
**** it, Xyro.
?
I'm getting pretty darn good with Link o_o
Just got through on Samus, Falco, Luigi, and Marth. I want to Wi-Fi with these boards, but i don't think anyone is ever on :(
Send me a message with your friend code and some times that work.

---------------------------------------------------
I completed Other M. It's good and unique but Prime's more my style, which is weird because I usually don't go for FPS. Hint for other M: If there's enemies around move by tapping a direction and you'll dodge most attacks. PM me if you, the reader, need hints or help.

I'm elite in MH3 now:chuckle:. @ Quirky, I sent you a message when you were on a quest did you get it? (3 'you's in one sentence^, I must be tired:urg:).
When I switch from MH3's classic controller and/or DS controls to GameCube controls it takes me several SSBB matches of accidentally tapping the wrong button or direction before I adjust. Particularly on wifi because the lag. Does anyone else have that basic problem?

quirkynature

Smash Ace
I completed Other M.

I'm elite in MH3 now:chuckle:. @ Quirky, I sent you a message when you were on a quest did you get it?
Sweet! Pretty fun, innit? Yeah, sensemove helped a lot during the
Metroid Queen
battle. The pesky Metroids were a massive pain.

I didn't actually. :urg:
I was playing with a pretty darn good group ****** Deviljho in 15 mins (no lie) without sleep bombing. Sorry, I should have checked my friend list but I was highly into it.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Holy crap, i just survived Link Fsmash 1 @ 165% by quick-tether o_o
I still have the replay, and i feel so alive.

*Has never successfully perfomed quick-tether in a serious match past 120% with Link*

This was on FD, btw.

/Bump for activity

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I never do that whiplash thing :(
It's not worth it sometimes :(
I always DI down with Samus and Link, just to perform the quick tether. Unless i know it's a move that sends me at a differed trajectory, then i DI normally and spam my fastest move with FF until i reach ground zero.

Better suited for when you're being sent against the floor, but if you time it right, it looks so awesome :bee:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Your avatar has too much R.O.B., too little Link, Scabe.
Agreed. I think I liked the old Link train one you had better, haha. You could have called it the Scabe Train, because Scabe is gonna roll over you!

....I need to get more sleep. The terri-puns come out when I'm sleep deprived.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Sweet! Pretty fun, innit? Yeah, sensemove helped a lot during the
Metroid Queen
battle. The pesky Metroids were a massive pain.

I didn't actually. :urg:
I was playing with a pretty darn good group ****** Deviljho in 15 mins (no lie) without sleep bombing. Sorry, I should have checked my friend list but I was highly into it.
That's cool.
We had a good round in the arena vs deviljho. Then when it was almost dead the second time the connection was cut:mad:. Dumb server. I need to learn a secondary weapon besides hammers. Katanas have good reach and cover areas hammers don't.

Other M spoiler:
Metroid Queen metroids: you have to freeze them in a group with the diffusion beam and multi-supper missile them. What got me is the forced powerbomb sequence. I held 'A' to charge like in Prime and kept dying. There's a secret boss after Samus returns to the bottle ship.
I never do that whiplash thing :(
I rarely do it. Although I'm getting better with experience; whiplash is like ledgestall Fair, you have to do it instinctively at the right time.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Someone wanna tell me who the [color=#1c1c]deleter was in the Galactic Federation unit?[/color]

Also, this thread has too much Metroid, too little Pokemon.
I mean c'mon guys, it's in the title.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
That's cool.
We had a good round in the arena vs deviljho.

Other M spoiler

Whiplash.
I love the Switch Axe primarily because the Axe mode does good damage and the Sword mode will never deflect (unless your sharpness is down to red). Lance is great, too, because it defends everything (once you get Guard Boost) and has a charge attack, too. SnS is great against faster monsters (think along the lines of Barioth) when you need to get in that solid one or two hit and block.

The round v. Deviljho was awesome but, in all honesty, that one was much weaker than the one in quests, and it's attack power was much less, too. The Dragon Breath attack should have taken me out, all those times it hit--even at full health.

Other M spoiler:
The Phantoon took me off-guard because I wasn't expecting a boss fight after the credits lol. Ah, well.

Someone wanna tell me who the [color=#1c1c]deleter was in the Galactic Federation unit?[/color]
For Terywj:
The deleter is
James Pierce
, the guy with the
number on his helmet.

My fiancee noticed this lolwtfhax? thing:
James Pierce is 07. James Bond is 007. Pierce and Bond are sort of opposites.

XD

Edit: @Rizen, you going to be on tomorrow, same time? I might be, so let me know?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Don't have it yet, but planning on it.

I just started reading the black text until I realized what it was...I was like, "GGGGGGAAAAAHHHHHH, shield my non spoilerific eye!"

And I did so.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
"GGGGGGAAAAAHHHHHH, shield my non spoilerific eye!"
Which is why I put spoiler tags on it.

TO BE FOREWARNED IS TO BE FOREARMED!!

XD

--------------------------------------------
@Rizen: Nice work with the Jho today!!

Wyvern stones are obtained by hunting Qurupeco (the bird), Royal Ludroth, Barroth, Gobul, Gigginox, Barioth, Diablos and Agnaktor. To increase your chance of getting one, break everything, sever everything on the monster and capture it. Even then it's rare.

The best chance I found to get it is by capturing Qurupeco. It's nice and short and easy. Carry a dung bomb and toss it at any other monster and you've a clean shot at it.

Dragonbone Relics are gotten in high Tundra in two places only: the secret cave and Deviljho's lair. That's HR40+ quests. :urg:

During the Rathian and Rathalos quest, I kept lagging like crazy--almost one second worth of lag, and it finally disconnected just before you left for the quest, so I didn't go. :ohwell:

Might I suggest making different element hammers? The elemental damage really helps out in the long run...

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Red Ryu: want to know why it's called Other M?
you said you didn't want to read these. lol

Anyway, I want to wifi Brawl vs you guys too. My Link's improved a lot, when I'm not rusty from MH3.
--------------------------------------------
@Rizen: Nice work with the Jho today!!

Wyvern stones are obtained by hunting Qurupeco (the bird), Royal Ludroth, Barroth, Gobul, Gigginox, Barioth, Diablos and Agnaktor. To increase your chance of getting one, break everything, sever everything on the monster and capture it. Even then it's rare.

Might I suggest making different element hammers? The elemental damage really helps out in the long run...
Bad lag sucks:(.
Deviljho is insanely powerful with big fast attacks but its patterns are simple. Tail/Head sweeping-dodge to the side, rears head back- a rock's coming dodge sideways, bends and jumps- run towards it or get the heck out of there, charges-run to the side, Rages- circle around from a distance, dragon breath- run at it or away but not sideways, pants-run in and pound it. The big open arena made it easier.
All the monsters are very formulaic.

I was looking at that website http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3:_Online_Quests it looks like the only quest that awards Wyvern stones is 'A Fisherman's Tale':
Main: Capture a Royal Ludroth 8500z 600 R. Ludroth Claw+, R. Ludroth Crest,R.Ludroth Crest+, R.Ludroth Scale+, Dash Extract, Adv. Armor Sphere, Mystery Charm, Shining Charm, Wyvern Stone
Are some items only obtainable in certain quests? That reminds me, I need to do the 'Jump Four Jaggi' event quest and get 4 more great jaggi heads to upgrade my mask.
I'm trying to make a Great Gaiarch Green hammer which has sweet stats but a high material price. Atk 936, sleeping 350 thunder element, 15% affinity and 3 slots:chuckle:. I've got a ton of extra materials from tedious HR leveling up so I could make other elemental weapons. Will hitting say, a Lagi with a thunder weapon lessen the damage?
Thanks for all the help:).

Ugh, I'm really depressed and can't get motivated.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
@ Red Ryu: want to know why it's called Other M?
you said you didn't want to read these. lol

Anyway, I want to wifi Brawl vs you guys too. My Link's improved a lot, when I'm not rusty from MH3.

All the monsters are very formulaic.

Are some items only obtainable in certain quests?

Atk 936, sleeping 350 thunder element

Will hitting say, a Lagi with a thunder weapon lessen the damage?
Thanks for all the help:).
@ the Red Ryu comment: REALLY?! I thought it was because
didja fall for this one, too, Red Ryu?

What Rizen said. I tried relearning the DACUS on a gamecube controller, and I'd keep SH D-airing the CPU until I realized I could do that on the Wiimote XD

Formulaic? Heck yeah. It's nothing but. There's only so many movesets you can push into a 4.8 GB disc. Rathian is the easiest, I think, out of all monsters--including the Great Jaggi. Or maybe that's because I've killed/captured so many trying to make my low and high Rathian armor, that she seems easy.

Some are. Again, check that website. I should probably start referring to it again: I spent almost two weeks looking for Monster Fluid when some random guy told me it's a quest reward for a 2* quest. :urg:

Sleeping 350 thunder element? What? Either it's a sleep hammer or it's a thunder element. Not both. While we're at it, let's make you a high Lagiacrus armor set. 'Awaken' is really helpful...although the elemental resistance on that armorset is bs.

Hitting a Lagi with thunder element=waste of elemental damage. It's immune to thunder , so you might as well be attacking it with a weapon without any elemental damage.

The quickest way to find which monster is weak to which element is to go to the weaponsmith and 'forge armor'. Check the elemental resistances there. That gives you a good idea of which weapon to use. Ian and Los are weakest to Dragon, then Thunder. That's why fighting a Jho and Lagi in those armors is a pretty bad idea because that's additional damage you're taking on.

No problem! MH3 is one of the few games I'm really good at, so XD

Edit:

Katanas have good reach and cover areas hammers don't.
Bowgun, Lance, Greatsword, Switch Axe, Longsword, Hammer, SnS in order of reach. GS has awesome power and awesome reach, but it's slow, but can substitute as a makeshift shield. Lance has awesome reach and massive defensive capabilities but it's not that powerful. Switch Axe has great offensive capabilities but absolutely no defense. Longswords have good attacks and sidesteps for dodging, and their spirit combos don't ever deflect. Hammer you know best. SnS..shields. lol

Also, you use a Wiimote to play, or a Classic Controller pro? I noticed you didn't finish the Spirit Combo for the LS in the arena. Keep Pressing Z and, after the fourth combo, hit A to strike in a wide, circular pattern--Wiimote.

Top Bottom