• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm replaying FFX atm, which is why I found Auron's theme and played Blitzball lol.
I also play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate but am taking a break for now.
I don't like Samus, therefore I don't care. Zelda on the other hand...... <3
Zelda's great. I'm glade she kept her Twilight Princess look. She might get different costumes that look like OoT and Skyward Sword.

I'm hyped for SSB4. Remember the good times in Brawl? Like a mediocre MK planking for 5 minutes? https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=...feature=player_detailpage&v=b-XDFVaAHQ8#t=136
:facepalm:
Seriously though, SSB4 looks awesome! I'll be glad to get back in the Smash groove.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Planking's even worse for PT to deal with because the fatigue element. At least in SSB4 Charizard won't have that. I wonder if Ivy and Squirtle will return.
One good thing about Link is he's good at anti-planking. He can safely get any character off the ledge.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
^Planking's even worse for PT to deal with because the fatigue element. At least in SSB4 Charizard won't have that. I wonder if Ivy and Squirtle will return.
One good thing about Link is he's good at anti-planking. He can safely get any character off the ledge.
Man.. PT. I feel old now. :(

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Solid point.

You guys see the released list of composers for Smash 4? I'm even MORE excited for it now that I know the music will rival Brawl's.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Link's better than PT anyway ;).

^Can you link the composer list?

Ugh, my allergies are acting up. I think hay was cut recently or something.

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Link is better in every way, but seriously, just thinking back to my days as a PT main. Feels like ancient history. Put that on national geographic.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I always come back to Link :)

Too bad Zelda U and Xenoblade Origins haven't had more info released about them. Those games look awesome. At least SSB4 is coming out in 2014.

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
The old way was much more tedius. You had to do the coding to get away with it. Like "word" [code/]spacespacespacespacespacespace
Code:
......wut? ^

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
That's ridiculous but cool I guess.
I have mixed feelings about Link riding karts and bikes in MK. It's Nintendo so it's a little surprising they didn't add characters like Link or Samus into other franchises sooner. But also, in that, Link was not put in any bad spinoff games unlike how Mario got thrown in every possible genera under a Teen rating (basketball, party games, RPGs, racing...).
The Zelda franchise was always a quality thing (except a few stupid cartoon things a long time ago and Crossbow Training). You could buy a Zelda game and know it will be done well and fully fleshed out. Link was in a few spinoffs like Soul Calibur 2, Smash and now Hyrule Warriors but they still fit Link's character. He's a warrior, not a kart racer. Mario Kart is a good franchise but I worry about the Pandora's box now being open for bad spinoffs.

As for the DLC part, I think the price they're offering is a good deal, you get more tracks, racers, vehicles ($12 for 16 courses). But Nintendo is now embarking on the slippery slope that is pay-for-DLC; many companies have fallen in the the darkness of corruption and greed with DLC. See the Aladin parody I linked in the previous post.

Last edited:

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion

Rizen

Smash Legend
New character today, IDK who he is:
http://smashboards.com/forums/shulk.495/
Darn I just realized Blu beat me to it. I looked up 'Shulk' on urban dictionary, not knowing what he was, and got a very different explanation.

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Rejoice and be glad! Our King has returned! All hail Metaknight!

ps- not dead, just staying at a relative's house 99% of the week due to them being closest to my job and they have no internet. Deciding I'm moving back to my hometown (which I moved away from 4 years ago) by Christmas, no later than February. Winds of change are blowing. :)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
^Is your hometown closer to your job?
Hometown is further away. Around the time I started my new job, something happened in my personal life which gave me an epiphany, which made me realize that I need to move back to my hometown to be closer to friends, family, and other loved ones who will be supportive of me and my decisions to try and make a life for myself. I'm tired of feeling like I'm living a life that other people want me to live. I beleive doing all this will help me grow to be a better person. My goal is to quit my current job and be moved back home by Christmas. For now, I'm going to hang in there, finish my training, try to get some experience, while looking for my opportunities on the side and then make my move.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Naroghin Naroghin , that's cool.
Hometown is further away. Around the time I started my new job, something happened in my personal life which gave me an epiphany, which made me realize that I need to move back to my hometown to be closer to friends, family, and other loved ones who will be supportive of me and my decisions to try and make a life for myself. I'm tired of feeling like I'm living a life that other people want me to live. I beleive doing all this will help me grow to be a better person. My goal is to quit my current job and be moved back home by Christmas. For now, I'm going to hang in there, finish my training, try to get some experience, while looking for my opportunities on the side and then make my move.
That's the way to go. People shouldn't have to be miserable, mortgaging away their lives. It reminds me of parts of the song 'Don't Go Back To Rockville':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1hbeiDuk-U
"Looking at your watch a third time waiting in the station for the bus
Going to a place that's far, so far away and if that's not enough
Going where nobody says hello, they don't talk to anybody they don't know
You'll wind up in some factory that's full time filth with nowhere left to go
Walk home to an empty house, sit around all by yourself
I know it might sound strange, but I believe
You'll be coming back before too long

(chorus)
Don't go back to Rockville, don't go back to Rockville, don't go back to Rockville
Don't waste another year"

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Hell yeah, man! I am encouraged to start my postgraduate studies and actually make something of my Music Theory/Composition degree instead of processing refunds at a medical billing company for the rest of my life. It's supporting my wife and my current music projects but... I'm too tired at the end of the day to really get much work done so it's kind of defeating most of its own purpose.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm going to rant about this for a minute: never NEVER buy a centurylink modem. It is a complete pos that frequently drops signals. It starts out okay but gets progressively worse. It can load quickly but it is so unstable that watching a simple youtube on 480res will have to reload, readjust the res, etc several times when the modem's acting up. The loading bar will climb the completely vanish. And stuff like this will often happen to games:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGJj3s2VCsw

I've been depressed/irritable the last few days.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Bump! I was really depressed the last several days. Sorry for not posting.
My internet signal is 'weak' so someone from Centurylink is going to check it out next week. What a pain.

In lighter news: Helium!
I got some good pictures of a moose the other day.
Link's looking good in SSB4. All characters have 8 colors (according to a pic of the day quote). So far Link has standard green, 4 swords purple, goron tunic red, zora tunic blue and shadow Link black. He probably will have the white and gold from brawl and maybe a classic color, IDK.

PS Villagers looks really deranged:
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSZrwHo3UdAbWs
:sadeyes:

Edit, Fierce Deity Link will be a costume and lots of cool details from a Japanese SSB4 demo event:
http://nintendoeverything.com/lots-of-super-smash-bros-for-3ds-details-akb48-promotion/
Someone posted this on the SSB4 Link thread and I'm reposting here.

Edit, edit
More details:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=889829

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Yeah, looks like everyone's been pretty busy as of late. Personally I've been spending most of my time working on a new commission I received from a former colleague of mine who needs a saxophone/piano duet for the world congress this coming July in Strasbourg, France. Going's slow but exciting.

Getting even more excited for smash4 after reading those details, thanks for sharing! For me, getting it might be delayed though so my wife and I can buy a house and some land. I dunno yet.

Also, going back to the Robin Williams thing, I recently read that a petition was raised to have one of the characters in the upcoming Zelda game name "Robin." Nintendo neither confirmed nor denied that they would, but they did offer a few words regarding the company-wide love for him and their condolences to his family members. It was suggested that when the English translation is done they simply change a character's name to "Robin," but I have a feeling that Nintendo would want to do more than just a name swap with a random character... I dunno, what do you guys think?

Rizen

Smash Legend
1Yeah, looks like everyone's been pretty busy as of late. Personally I've been spending most of my time working on a new commission I received from a former colleague of mine who needs a saxophone/piano duet for the world congress this coming July in Strasbourg, France. Going's slow but exciting.

2Getting even more excited for smash4 after reading those details, thanks for sharing! For me, getting it might be delayed though so my wife and I can buy a house and some land. I dunno yet.

3Also, going back to the Robin Williams thing, I recently read that a petition was raised to have one of the characters in the upcoming Zelda game name "Robin." Nintendo neither confirmed nor denied that they would, but they did offer a few words regarding the company-wide love for him and their condolences to his family members. It was suggested that when the English translation is done they simply change a character's name to "Robin," but I have a feeling that Nintendo would want to do more than just a name swap with a random character... I dunno, what do you guys think?
1Good stuff :)
Do you know of an easy to use computer program that lets someone write down music and play it back with various instruments? I don't know much about writing melodies or music down but I can write lyrics. I'd like to find an easy music for dummies type thing to help me.

2SSB4 is looking great but a house is more important, lol.

3That's interesting. Nintendo is crazy enough to do something like that but you never know what they'll end up doing.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Yep. Been busy with work. 40 hr/week and no internet ftw. xD

Got off early today so I managed to head back to my relative's place who has internet, but only for tonight. Glad to see everyone is doing ok so far.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
1Do you know of an easy to use computer program that lets someone write down music and play it back with various instruments? I don't know much about writing melodies or music down but I can write lyrics.
I would recommend MuseScore. From what I hear it's pretty easy to use but best of all it's free. In order to use any program like this you'll need to know a fair amount of music theory, as far as pitches and rhythms go, but as long as you are pretty good at figuring things out you should be able to use a program like this to learn the next steps such as how to build chords and melodies. Just keep your ears open and your mind focused. If you download the program and find after a while (and after viewing the help videos on their site) that you still have no idea what's going on, you may need to look into free music theory lessons here http://www.musictheory.net/lessons. Completing the lessons there (free and very easy to use) will give you enough music knowledge that you should be able to figure out a music program fairly easy.

Top Bottom