• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Rizen

Smash Legend
edit: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=992586&postcount=1
I went all Link in a state tourney yesterday:), which sounds bigger than it is because CO's pretty dry. We had at least 20 people in the singles. I hadn't played offline in months and was tired by the time singles started but still felt good about it. Some games could have been better and had dumb SDs:c.
What's weird is I beat 3 Pika players (and one in friendlies), one who switched to ZSS game 2 and lost to Lucario (Ste /am) then Peach (Me /no). vs Lucario I could have done better; my DI just sucked and my timing was late:urg:. Peach was an awesome match down to the last stock on all 3 games:bee: and I got a friendly saved too.
The only other low tier was Lucas and he did about as well. Most people used high tiers and a few borderlines like Peach and G&W.

Friendlies I did even better (of course) and impressed people with Link rep beating Pika, Sheik, Marth, Snake, ZSS and many others. I also played well and won with Zelda, Ganon, Wolf, G&W (I beat Delic /ious Da /ve's Marth and he said my G&W was really good :awesome:) , PT and Bowser. And won a MK ditto lol (my MK sucks).

Fun times; that's my 4th state tourney going all Link (not including locals) :smirk:. Some OoState Snake won it. That usually happens in bad smash areas where we have to drive 2 hours one way (or more) to events :glare:. Good smash regions don't know how lucky you guys are:scared:.

Wifi really does help if you can't play many people offline. People dis wifi and the transition from wifi to offline or vise-versa is a royal pain but it really, really is good experience. ;)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
^ preparing to run a big tournament. dealing with all the stress. trying to not bomb stuff irl to relieve stress. You know. The usual. tehe.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
what big tournament bomber ?

cool song rizen :)

um I like ocarina but what the one with toon link on the ship? think it was on game cube or really early wii

:phone:

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
ok I might do that then. heard Louisiana has awesome food too. and ima fat ***. so win win

yeah, wind waker! that game was legit boys and girls.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Sour grapes is having someone lose 2 stocks to my Zelda with Falco on FD and also be 2 stocked using Diddy by my Link and Wolf on FD in bad lag in wifi friendlies and say my characters besides Link don't have skill.
The only way to even judge skill is if the wifi spammy Diddy who got 2 stocked criticizes my skill for winning with lower characters.

People can be a laugh and a half.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
bomber you'll have to be my personal tour guide if I come then. we're gonna eat our body weight in food. our combined body weight...bc im not that big.

they sound pretty salty rizen. I mean if you can't win on wifi...you're just garbage, bc we all know wifi is where it matters. yes sir.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
I don't care much sandwiches :-/

on a side note, I lost pretty bad to a pikachu the other day. like he just stayed on me I couldn't even breath. only stage I won on was fd. I lost on both smashville and frigate. any advice guys ?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
If Pika wanted a cqc fight I would have given him one until I was able to control the game with my own spacing, even if I were never able to get pikachu off me.

Rizen

Smash Legend
on a side note, I lost pretty bad to a pikachu the other day. like he just stayed on me I couldn't even breath. only stage I won on was fd. I lost on both smashville and frigate. any advice guys ?

With Link?
I only have a good wifi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybfpZYC32eA
( :/ )

Pika's chain grab sucks for Link so keep bombs out and/or platform camp. Bombs, Zair and all Link's normal attacks eat jolts without stopping and arrows/boomerang cancel with them. Abuse Link's reach and wide swings like Utilt. Nair is a great chain breaker and Bair/Fair > (land) buffer jab/Utilt wall off Pika well. Keep moving in SH/jumps and fill the screen with projectiles, especially bombs. DI Pika's Usmash up and out. If he launches you up don't momentum cancel if you can survive and DI away while watching where Pika starts DownB thunder, try to air dodge it. Dair (the hitbubbles on the sword and Link's lower body) beats everything he has in the air besides Down B and lasts 51 strait frames of attack; it's good to intercept where he must recover. Time attacks to hit with the tip of Link's reach or the sky blue sword energy streak to keep pika away. Jolts can stop Z tether ledge stalling/ ledge hops so play it safe.

Edit Frigate's Link's worst stage, avoid it. Try PS1, Halberd and Brin if it's legal. BF is a decent neutral.

tru0067

Smash Journeyman
I find SV the best stage for Link

Platform camping

Hard to avoid our projectiles

Hard to avoid bombs

Bombs

Good size

More bombs

Also what happened to the crazy guy that loves bombs

Oh wait that's me

...bombs

Rizen

Smash Legend
IMO SV's okay but Link can't camp from his max distance which helps campers with shorter ranges like Wolf, Oli etc more. The platform's better than none but it's not great for Link and also helps other characters a lot more (Snake).

PS1's the optimal size and platform layout to support Link's spacing. Brin and Halberd are good too but sometimes it's character specific (don't take Peach/MK/G&W/etc to Brin or Jiggz etc to PS1...)

I got 1 game from Summit 6 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzYB_XPqK94
I had only played wifi for months and messed up several obvious inputs :urg:. Not bad besides those :smirk:.

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
I actually don't mind frigate too much with link its a bad stage for him but I always ban rainbow cruise instead.

I just noticed there's a list of videos from some of my fav link players to reference from. hours and hours of videos. awesome.

thanks for the help links, you guys are awesome.

Top Bottom