• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Latest trends in random wifi battles

Zulo

Smash Ace
Or plank. Nobody seems to do that on wifi, even though you only have to do it for less than 2 minutes.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Or plank. Nobody seems to do that on wifi, even though you only have to do it for less than 2 minutes.
ive seen an mk try this, didnt work when i picked up items and flung them at him Mr hotheads help alot too :troll:

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
I like to plank a few times just to get some space for normal recoveries. But the other day a toon link made me pay big time with a nicely timed dair spike as I was trying to nair somebody else. But on wifi people don't know what to do when you plank, mostly.

:phone:

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Well when your fighting a troll that tries to win and KO everyone it sucks that when you out skill a troll yet they still win because of items or if the other 2 are real bad and get KOed easily making the troll get easy points. I hate that the most.
Ugh I hate that too. It's like... I could actually whip their *** if it was 1 on 1 with no items on no problem. But when they're lucky enough to use those items/final smashes/killing other players no problem it's not fair lmao.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Well they're trolls so they don't give a **** how they get a win, as long as they win. You have to overwhelm a troll and not give him a chance to get a kill at all.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
Has anybody noticed some people seem to be held hostage by taunt parties? I mean they go along with the taunt party until somebody starts fighting. Late at night of noticed it takes people a couple of seconds to attack, like they are waiting to see if it is ok. I get the feeling people might be to sacred of getting ganged up on.lord knows there are times when I'm not up to fighting everybody. Taunt parties are a blight on brawl

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I've noticed that as well. Ran into a Falco yesterday that used A neutral to down B as a combo. What a gay way to play. Didn't mean for that to rhyme...

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
It's not right to use gay as the word stupid. What if there was a gay person on this forum? It would make that person feel bad.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
It's not right to use gay as the word stupid. What if there was a gay person on this forum? It would make that person feel bad.
It's not right on how easy it is to offend people. Being restricted in saying things that are easily deemed as a totally different definition is offensive to me. They are words. Words will always have a barrage of different meanings in one. Unless somebody literally directs the word toward a gay person as stupid, then it is not offensive IMHO. People complain way too much, like they want respect for what they do at a arrogant level.

I find that disrespectful too, on how humans actually try to personalise things to a level of restriction when common sense is enough to nullify any potential (pointless) arguments.

I don't care what I am. Until you direct any specific words specifically to me, it is not offensive and should stop being encouraged to become offensive, because it's not.. Humans just love to be special don't they?

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
It depends on how the word is used. What is the intent behind it? If someone says "that player played gay," he's not calling that player homosexual, but he's using it as "stupid." However some people get offended when gay is a synonym for stupid.

Segastorm

Smash Apprentice
back on topic........spectator mode, it was zelda/shiek and kirby vs ganondorf and falco. I vote ganon+falco since 1, you gotta know you're good to even bother with him, and 2, falco is high tier, then it turned out ganon was a suicidal troll who liked to SD in the middle of a match.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I just realized today that Spectator Mode was actually just a bunch of Brawl replay videos. I always thought you were watching a live match about to happen. I always ended up asking myself "How does the game know who's going to be whom and on what stage?"

Now after a good facepalm I understand everything.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Lol yeah. That's why there isn't lag. I'm pretty sure I've seen a replay of myself before, though I hardly ever watch any.

Prodigy3

Smash Rookie
Yeah,after about two fights I'm spectator mode I often find myself wishing it was me fighting and going right back to TB/BB

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
here's a trend: somebody out there keeps playing meta knight and putting only the franklin badge on, jesus I thought mk was tough before but that's just no where near fair.

I got 3 stocked twice in a row, and ragequit. freakin mks.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
here's a trend: somebody out there keeps playing meta knight and putting only the franklin badge on, jesus I thought mk was tough before but that's just no where near fair.

I got 3 stocked twice in a row, and ragequit. freakin mks.

LOL as gay as we can be, we are creative.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
Why is that whenever I'm Captain Fabulous everybody goes marth or ike. I mean just because i wtfpwn you with falcon PAWNCH doesn't mean you can counter it.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Why is that whenever I'm Captain Fabulous everybody goes marth or ike. I mean just because i wtfpwn you with falcon PAWNCH doesn't mean you can counter it.
Get a Marth with the jab combo = 90% chance he is spamming parry = Falcon PAWNCH!@

Prodigy3

Smash Rookie
I saw one of those Giga bowser hackers who "protect" the taunt party, which was funny to watch since it was attacking a troll and the troll was actually fighting back lol (then promptly RQ)

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
I'm starting to see less tps on basic brawl and more "pro" players. Do you know what this means?
We're not alone.

Zulo

Smash Ace
Don't you hate it when an otherwise-good player abuses items. They're rare, but seriously why.

Removed By Request

Smash Journeyman
How about relatively good brawlers who spend the entire match hopping around the stage (usually Temple)? Nothing is more frustrating.

Last edited:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
MKs not as rare lately

It does not surprise me in the slightest that with the recent ban of Meta Knight, that I am suddenly seeing more MKs online. Naturally I would expect him to get a surge since it is the "rebellious" thing to do. They used to be relatively rare, at least for me, so seeing two in one match is almost unheard of. The percentage of good to bad ones really hasn't changed much though. I just played some in Team Battle that were ok, but predictable as usual. Airdodge and punish as always.

Top Bottom