• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Latest trends in random wifi battles

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I see a lot of players get beat by Ganon because they never expect a player to be good with him. Also people getting slaughter through Flame Chokes then getting tech chased through pivot grabs, another Flame Choke, etc. I see more good Ganons than bad ones now.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Well it is more or less if the player knows the MU against Ganon. Bad players won't know it so they'll easily be KO even with top tier characters. They won't know what to expect. People average on it won't be easy to KO but will be more prone to make mistakes that Ganon can easily exploit and land a KO from.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Well it is more or less if the player knows the MU against Ganon. Bad players won't know it so they'll easily be KO even with top tier characters. They won't know what to expect. People average on it won't be easy to KO but will be more prone to make mistakes that Ganon can easily exploit and land a KO from.
I see a lot of good Ganons as well as opposed to bad ones as well. Ganon's good when facing bad players because it doesn't take much to KO them. And they fall victim to the dair.
I don't really "main" Ganon, but I play with him a lot, and he's pretty fun when you land a hit lol.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
I've noticed that taunt partyers are now trying to invade team brawl. However, in all the brawls I've been in, no one has given them the time to do nothing and stand still.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
I never get a chance to see any good ganons on wifi. Actually, I don't many good players for a lot of characters. I just get campers, TPers, teamers, and other random noobs. I think the last time I saw someone good was back in March against some snake.

And I've seen partyists in TB too, but I can **** whether my teammate helps or not.
Crashing practice helps a lot in TB.

Clownbaby

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed that taunt partyers are now trying to invade team brawl. However, in all the brawls I've been in, no one has given them the time to do nothing and stand still.
I also saw this last night, but the guy got beat into fighting, finally resorting to dc the whole group just before the match started. too bad to I was having a great match with another toon

:phone:

:phone:

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Gotta love destroying taunters in team battle, as rare as it is!

I love when they're crazy enough to try this. It is the ultimate exercise in futility. I get the best of both worlds: People who want to fight plus a taunter who is far away from his turf! I treat every taunt as an attack, so they just get attacked even more. Occasionally one taunter thinks he's smart and picks Sonic on Temple, taunting in a corner, thinking I'll pursue. No problem! I just ignore you and let you do that while my partner double teams your partner.

Then in the next match (or whenever it eventually happens), the teams are different, so the taunter's original partner now wants revenge on the taunter for leaving him to the wolves. The fighter who gets stuck with the taunter as a partner this time doesn't like him either. A smart group of true fighters will now leave the taunter to the wolves. It's pretty much the same scenario that occurs when three very good players get stuck with one really bad one and they want the bad player to leave. You do the math; the taunter can never have any dream of winning in Team Battle. Ever. I honestly don't know why any ever try.

Segastorm

Smash Apprentice
I once ended up in a taunt party in a team battle, the other 3 were taunters...you think it wouldn't be too bad, but my teammate was trying to kill me with bombs.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I think team brawl should be left with actual brawling.
I'm a taunter myself but on the rare occasion I enter a team brawl, I fight and don't play.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I don't mind either as long as they let me do my business as well. I would never betray them though just to win the match. I'm not that desperate.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I do pick up that if they are fighting and they are real high on damage they jab me as a hint to jab them back so they can KO themselves so I get the point. Some either let me keep it or they jab me again so I can KO and they get the point back.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I usually try to get them to jab me to give them back their point as well but if they're fine with it, thats fine with me. I actually had someone give me points willingly cuz he n I were partners but I didnt like that much.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes I find a random spectator on basic brawl and just feed them kills.

Also, there were these two noobs in Team Brawl who only used the c-stick on my afc partner. I stayed for two matches. I lost the first one because they kept killing my partner, but I won the second with :metaknight: at +7. Turns out my partner was a troll and started giving them kills around the end of the match.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
I have an extreme disliking for trolls. Whenever I meet one, I immediately go for him and try to make him leave. Most of the time they're just noob trolls but theres the occasional pro troll who really know how to push your buttons. I'm actually trying to get rid of trolls but for one person thats near impossible...

Sephy95

Smash Lord
There are ppl stupid enough to defend the troll but those ppl usually turn out to be trolls themselves. Its disgusting. I'd really have no idea how to reduce the number of trolls....

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Well when your fighting a troll that tries to win and KO everyone it sucks that when you out skill a troll yet they still win because of items or if the other 2 are real bad and get KOed easily making the troll get easy points. I hate that the most.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
^^Thats what really pisses me off. I'm obviously more skilled than the troll but they find a way to squeeze out a win cheaply. I prefer not trolling back. I will not resort to their noobish games.

Zulo

Smash Ace
I don't usually try to actually win unless I can get a legit 1v1 or team brawl with all good players and good items/stages. If not, I just pick a player and try to kill him as many times as I can. If they do cheap stuff like give away stocks when they reach 60% or something, I just leave. There's really no way to beat that, honestly. I usually consider myself the "winner" if the other person leaves after I actually beat him badly, switches to MK, or starts doing that gay stuff. If they start trolling me, I kinda just go along with it. Trolls hate it when they can't make you ragequit.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I don't care about winning. More or less I don't feel those annoyances winning because they can score easy KOs on the bad players then think they're better than you in case they get lucky and win in Sudden Death.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
Trolling a troll

I got one troll to stop trolling yesterday. Heck, I made him RQ.
He used Mario and thought nair to dsmash was safe on shield. I was using Ike, so I kept jabbing :).

I'd say the best to stop a troll is to kill them once and proceed to run.

FIREL

Smash Ace
I got one troll to stop trolling yesterday. Heck, I made him RQ.
He used Mario and thought nair to dsmash was safe on shield. I was using Ike, so I kept jabbing :).

I'd say the best to stop a troll is to kill them once and proceed to run.
Trolling a troll :troll: Heh heh...

Beautiful

Top Bottom