• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LasT Smash 4 - Nov. 28-29 - Sat=Singles; Sun=Teams+Melee

Winnar

Smash Lord
Get off my partner son lol

Yeah it sucks that this is Sat+Sun since it's gonna be hard for a lotta people to come.

We have such an outdated stage list in LA. I vote for 5 neutrals, FD, SV, BF, YI and LC. And I think we should remove PS2 as a cp...it seems like such a joke of a level with the ice and the wind...lol

I'll definitely be here though.

Oh and I vote for Low Tier Singles as a side event.
QFT

post count +1

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
If you guys do low tier singles on Saturday, then I can enter something! :D

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Going to try and get more Toon Link buddies of mine to come to this. I know a guy from Georgia who I'm hoping I can convince to come, so more competition for the tourny :D

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I have school Monday...and Lee knows how much HW I get :].

Driving back sunday night would be bothersome to my carpool if I go.

We'll seeeeeeee!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Looks like we have alot of uncertains. I'm just gonna throw it out there as a possibility, but change the date to the weekend before thanksgiving. My only guess why this solution wouldn't work is the possibility of a few people traveling somewhere for Thanksgiving. Wouldn't hurt to try, if it hasn't been tried or brought up because as much as I'd like to go for both days, I don't really want to be staying up till 9 pm for a tournament on a school night (just like everyone else around here, especially Oos)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
If it's the weekend before Thanksgiving, I definitely can't make it. At UT we only get Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
The whole point of using Thanksgiving weekend is that the holiday should make traveling a little easier as a whole since there's no school on that Friday. I know it won't be the best for some people, but no weekend works for everyone.

With a large turnout (maybe 70+?), there's no way I'll finish teams, singles pools, and singles bracket in one day. At least, not with the number of setups that I expect to get. However, I could move things around and change some stuff.

What about: Saturday -- Singles pools then a standard bracket and Sunday -- Teams/ side events?

Pools would be just 2 games, not best 2/3 unless relatively few people show up and I think we can handle it time-wise.

I can't promise Singles will finish on Saturday this way, but it's very likely if we have fewer than 100 people and at least 16 setups. At the worst, maybe the top 8-12 players would still be in at the end of the night. This would allow people who can only make Saturday to be able to enter Singles and not miss out if they make it out of pools. Sunday would be more relaxed, with just the teams bracket. People can stay and play friendlies or we can do side stuff like Melee or Crews.

Actually, I like splitting it up like this a lot more, so I'll probably change it. Would that help people? Most everyone would be able to get the full Singles experience in one day, and only those who are in serious competition for the money would have to worry about getting held up until early Sunday afternoon, though that's not likely.

Sudai

Stuff here
That also runs the benefit that if we do run out of time, if the top few can find a place to finish it out, it can be done there, or they can finish it early the next day and then people can leave that need to leave instead of staying all day Sunday.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
If it's split like that, Randall, then I'll be coming on Saturday for sure.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
yeah that will be ok. I just wont come on Sunday though. I'd have to be convinced that I should come if anyone wanted me to go.

Winnar

Smash Lord
The whole point of using Thanksgiving weekend is that the holiday should make traveling a little easier as a whole since there's no school on that Friday. I know it won't be the best for some people, but no weekend works for everyone.

With a large turnout (maybe 70+?), there's no way I'll finish teams, singles pools, and singles bracket in one day. At least, not with the number of setups that I expect to get. However, I could move things around and change some stuff.

What about: Saturday -- Singles pools then a standard bracket and Sunday -- Teams/ side events?

Pools would be just 2 games, not best 2/3 unless relatively few people show up and I think we can handle it time-wise.

I can't promise Singles will finish on Saturday this way, but it's very likely if we have fewer than 100 people and at least 16 setups. At the worst, maybe the top 8-12 players would still be in at the end of the night. This would allow people who can only make Saturday to be able to enter Singles and not miss out if they make it out of pools. Sunday would be more relaxed, with just the teams bracket. People can stay and play friendlies or we can do side stuff like Melee or Crews.

Actually, I like splitting it up like this a lot more, so I'll probably change it. Would that help people? Most everyone would be able to get the full Singles experience in one day, and only those who are in serious competition for the money would have to worry about getting held up until early Sunday afternoon, though that's not likely.
I like that plan.

Curlz

Smash Lord

That seems easier for most people. I like that idea.

yeah that will be ok. I just wont come on Sunday though. I'd have to be convinced that I should come if anyone wanted me to go.
I would want you to come on sunday. :]

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
i will find a way to go to this! :)

Current Questions:
1. I definitely want 7 starter stages. I'm not sure which one I should put for as the 7th, Delfino or Siege. Which one do you want to see?

I dont like either of those, but if I had to pick I guess Delfino.

2. What should I consider for side events if it looks like there's time? Crews? Melee? Brawl+? Balanced Brawl? Pokemon? Something else?

CREWS.

3. Who would be interested in staying at a hotel right down the street from Laser Tag if we can't house everyone in Baton Rouge, which seems likely?

I'll probably end up driving, so it would depend what my carpool would rather. But I dont see this being a problem.

Esca

Smash Champion
Randall, I'd suggest 5 person pools, top 2 make it out. At that rate, then you could do singles/doubles in one day. But you couldn't do the thing where people dont show up to matches after pools. Gotta DQ some *****es.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Randall, I'd suggest 5 person pools, top 2 make it out. At that rate, then you could do singles/doubles in one day. But you couldn't do the thing where people dont show up to matches after pools. Gotta DQ some *****es.
Haha wut, ppl driving oos don't wanna get out that soon.

Hold up, you said their isn't school friday...I totally forgot. Why don't you just make the tournament on Friday and Saturday instead of Saturday and Sunday? More people would prolly come.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
That seems easier for most people. I like that idea.

I would want you to come on sunday. :]
you'd have better luck having Kates asking me to go. I still want a rematch with her because last time she was tired and lost to me D:

Esca

Smash Champion
Hy-Ro...

Anyone coming OOS for this is prolly not gonna worry about not making it out.

What do you think Xyro does at his tourneys?

2/5 or 3/6 is the best option IMO.

But if you have smaller pools, then it goes by ALOT quicker.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Lol if you do that, put gnes, razer, lee, hyro, and reflex in one pool plz =]

Why dont we just not do pools. Teams and singles all in one day.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Hold up, you said their isn't school friday...I totally forgot. Why don't you just make the tournament on Friday and Saturday instead of Saturday and Sunday? More people would prolly come.
The day after Thanksgiving would be a BAD idea. I know my family will be flying in to see us and stuff and I don't want to have to go to bed early Thanksgiving day just to go to a tournament the next morning. Especially OoS people that want to come. That would be a big problem.

2/5 or 3/6 is the best option IMO.

But if you have smaller pools, then it goes by ALOT quicker.
I'm not liking that idea.
I'd rather the 4/6 or somethign along those lines.

People sayin that it would be better all in one day are wrong. I don't want to be crammed for time like last time. I didn't even get to stay for the finals.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I'm sure the whole idea of hosting on Thanksgiving weekend will hurt attendance. Doesn't really matter which day.

Esca

Smash Champion
Curlz, that's how big tournaments are run. It's something you have to live with sometimes.

Apex had 18 person pools, top 3 made it out.

Esca

Smash Champion
It will. I'm basing 2 of 5 off of a 100 man tourney.

That makes a 40 man bracket. Not too bad.

You could always just not do pools either.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Also Randal if you need to use my laptop let me know because I really don't feel like wasting for the tourny to end just for laptop, especially for like 8 hours after I have been eliminated from the tournament (not expecting to make it out of pools with the lack of my practice/people to play). Once I'm eliminated I plan on leaving almost immediately if I can't get any friendlies which will most likely not happen until the finals roll around and TV's are open.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Curlz's MMs for LasT 4

Best 2/3

JNig - $5 / Any Character
RJPunch - $5 / Any Character
Hawks go Caw - $10 / Any Character
Winnar - $5 / Jigglypuff Ditto
Kates - $5 / Any Character
Lee Martin - $1 / Random vs Rob
Redson - Worst LA Smasher / Any Character
Esca/Batto vs Curlz/Oathkeeper - $5 / Any Character
Bomber/Zigsta (Double PT) vs Curlz/Oathkeeper (Rob/Pit) - $5
Sudai vs Curlz/Oathkeeper - $10 / Any Character

BigLøu

Smash Lord
O **** i didnt realize this was on sunday too, it may be more difficult for me to make it now but i will see what i can do

Kates893

Smash Apprentice
hmmm sure jnig. 1 dollar vs my zss. i normally only do 1 dollar MMs but curlz is different, if I could beat him and his partner at last3 in a 2v1 after my partner killed himself im sure i wont have a problem vs JUST him.;)

Top Bottom