• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last RoS Tournament August 24th, New Tournament Series to start later in the year.

Splice

Smash Hero
Did Ted and ZXV actually play the sets at least or just split?

Congrats to all those people who did well (Star, Cal etc.)
Who the hell is Bernies?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
60+ Total attendees at the last RoS. There was a massive 49 entrants for Melee Singles and 41 entrants for P:M singles. Really impressive numbers and we would have hit 70+ easily if ACT and a few more of the sydney regulars turned up! I'll get the exact pot size and money splits when zxv gets home again, but from memory, the total pot for the 4 events was $800+.

[collapse="Melee Singles"]
1/2: Ted and Zxv
3: RJ
4: Birdies/Bernies/Barnies/Binnies
5: Cal
5: Unreon
7: Christian
7: RCJAY
9: Gords
9: Cunchy
9: Tim
9: Shaya
13: NeverInert
13: Matt 2
13: Hawkeye
13: Raindanceman
17: Matt 1
17: Flex
17: Nalters
17: Dpol
17: Ganz
17: IU
17: William
17: Reno
25: Budd
25: Vincent
25: Sleeping Eggs
25: FEG
25: SHUV
25: Gabe
25: Bryn
25: Vincent T
33: HQ
33: GFLC
33: Waz1
33: Ayek0
33: Dr D
33: Calvin
33: Tire
33: Eveonix
33: 2tap
33: Phizby
33: Kait
33: Invisi
33: Ultan
33: GTR
33: BlessedMilk
33: Guresia
49: Lucas
[/collapse]

[collapse="P:M Singles"]
3: Cal
4: Star
5: Shaya
5: William
7: Cunchy
7: Unreon
9: Raindanceman
9: Hawkeye
9: Summoner
13: David
13: IU
13: Bane
17: Lucas
17: GFLC
17: Birdies/Bernies/Barnies/Binnies
17: Noser
17: NeverInert
17: HQ
17: Sleeping Eggs
17: Cole
25: Tim
25: Nalters
25: Ultan
25: Flex
25: Scarpian
33: Poake
33: SHUV
[/collapse]

[collapse="Melee Doubles"]
1: Zxv & Ted
2: RJ & Gords
3: Cal & Unreon
4: Matt 1 & Matt 2
5: Birdies/Bernies/Barnies/Binnies and Christian
5: Neverinert & Sleeping Eggs
7: Gabe & FEG
7: Flex & IU
9: Dr D & Tire
9: Vincent T & Raindanceman
9: Phizby & GTR
9: Vincent & Calvin
13: 2tap & William

[/collapse]

[collapse="P:M Doubles"]
1: Ted & Cal
2: Gords & Zxv
3: Birdies/Bernies/Barnies/Binnies & Hawkeye
4: Star & Noser
5: Nalters & Budd
5: Vincent T & Rindanceman
7: Sleeping Eggs & Neverinert
7: Flex + IU
9: Cole & Bane
9: 2Tap & William
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Shoutouts!

The Netplay Crew! (Nalters, Cole, William, Noser, Budd, Bane and Lucas)

It was really awesome to see you guys again in person! Especially Cole, who was attending a tournament for the first time. All my friendlies against you guys felt familiar and it was nice seeing how we’ve all improved since previous tournaments and what we have to fix in the future! I didn’t face any of you in tournament but I’m glad we all did pretty well. Special shoutouts to Noser, who I teamed with. Our combined effort got us to 4th place which I’m pretty happy with.

Birdies, @Hawki and Cunchy

It was really fun fighting you three of you in tournament and having a multitude of friendlies as well. You guys are really helpful and it’s nice to get some insight into different matchups and whatnot. Grats on the 4th position in Melee Singles, Birdies! Always great guys to talk to; I hope to see you all again soon.

@Zxv @ Gords Gords , @ Shaya Shaya and @CaLibUr_1337

Thanks to all four of you for the really intense games I had in the Project M bracket. All sets with you four were the some of the most stressful and concentrated ones I’ve ever had in my short time playing this game competitively. It was really helpful to see what I was doing wrong with my gameplan and what I can do to further myself as a player. I’m especially grateful to Cal, who requested that the set be increased to best of 5 when I lost the third game; this gave me a great chance to learn more about the matchup and Cal as a player. I really appreciate it man.

Thanks to Calvin for the lift home too, I would’ve had to forfeit if it weren’t for you! Thanks dude. :)

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend any more tournaments for a couple of months due to HSC exams but I really hope I can come back with a blast when that time comes! This was my best tournament yet; placing 4th out of 41 people was a big achievement for me and I hope I can do even better when I return to the Sydney Scene in November and a visit to the Melbourne Scene in January with Miles Warehouse II. See you guys then!

:sonic:

Last edited:

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
60+ Total attendees at the last RoS. There was a massive 49 entrants for Melee Singles and 41 entrants for P:M singles. Really impressive numbers and we would have hit 70+ easily if ACT and a few more of the sydney regulars turned up! I'll get the exact pot size and money splits when zxv gets home again, but from memory, the total pot for the 4 events was $800+.

[collapse="P:M Singles"]
3: Cal
4: Star
5: Shaya
5: William
7: Cunchy
7: Unreon
9: Raindanceman
9: Hawkeye
9: Summoner
13: David
13: IU
13: Bane
17: Lucas
17: GFLC
17: Bernies
17: Noser
17: NeverInert
17: HQ
17: Sleeping Eggs
17: Cole
25: Tim
25: Nalters
25: Ultan
25: Flex
25: Scarpian
33: Poake
33: SHUV
[/collapse]

[/collapse]

Any idea how the rankings worked, I knocked lucas out of losers and have the same ranking as him?

Also shout out to all the netplay brothers who made it out, hope to see you guys online soon.

Edit: Someone told me the pools software crashed and that some of the lower ranking might not be right.

Last edited:

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
TIO (the program we use for brackets) crashed at around 6pm during the tournament and the last save we had was before lunch. Zxv and I tried to recreate the bracket as best we could but there's probably mistakes in the earlier rounds of the bracket. I can maybe fix it up for you if you give me both your tags but yeah, sorry for the mistake but our priority at the time was getting the bracket back into the state it was in before the crash.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
shoutouts to aron
shoutouts to neverinert (lol)
shoutouts to poorly-managed brackets
shoutouts to 60 people (!!!)

fun tournament

good stuff star

Glitchy

Smash Cadet
Some shoutouts!

Cunchy: I wish we could have played our set on a TV that wasn't janky.

Gords: Had a good time talking to you about your Zelda and other things. I have to play your Zelda sometime =D

Unreon: Link is the weirdest. I couldn't figure it out until it was too late. GGs!

Ted: Thanks for the friendlies, I learned a lot =D

Josh and Don: Thanks for being awesome!

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
dafuq why Tedxv split every single tournament? Play a set boiz
I broke that trend at RoS4. I wish I had done it more often. =/

Top Bottom