• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last duke biweekly! Online prereg! $20 venue $0 entry|m2k, armada, pp, ally attending

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
but that doesnt help me get around the fact that she can just platform camp me and **** me if i get within ftilt range and theres nowhere safe for me to retreat to and i always miss my rests x.x

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
by his sheik
The way I take stocks off of alex's sheik is to condition him and then bait the needles, then start a string of aerials and either combo into uair>rest or get him offstage, whichever is more practical.

Tech chase rests are the easiest to set up on sheik, utilt is the most reliable but its hard to land a utilt unless you shffl uair into utilt.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i thought shiek was supposed to be easy to rest

or at least you should go for it a lot

because shieks best punish isn't that great

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
i thought shiek was supposed to be easy to rest

or at least you should go for it a lot

because shieks best punish isn't that great
Just because you dont have to be scared of missing doesn't mean you have an easy way to land it. All the matches I win against alex's sheik are the ones where i get 2 or more rests though i guess.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
so i guess omni is taking melee seriously?

word up bro
Basically the only 'john' ive had for not starting sooner was that no one near me could teach me/play regularly with me. Now Foxy is at NCSU so im good to go, plus as long as i get good he said he'll team with me and since he is good enough for us to place at small tournaments thats incentive enough for me.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
foxy is too good...

i really need spacie practice...

nobody is sp can pressure with those guys like other people can...
I mean obviously the most important part of that matchup is tope chasing so just watch M2K and see what he tech chases out of dthrow with and practice that stuff.

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
when the dudes have a frame 1 move that starts their own op combos it is pretty difficult...

m2k says to guess early, as opposed to react, and up smash

null55

Smash Master
Aight, I'm def as **** coming to this one.

Are you coming Mike? Peepee can probably give you a ride if he's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom