• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Las Vegas Smash - Multiple Video Game Bars

Battlecow

Play to Win
I wouldn't MM star king if I were a newcomer

mother****er still owes me $45. Gimme, dude. It's been months.

Also he apparently hates me. Seriously, dude, WTF? How often do professional poker players who've also devoted large portions of their life to smash 64 stumble onto the boards? You're really going to take this away from me? And the hype of a large MM--you don't think that sounds like fun?

Also it's not a forgone conclusion. I'm really bad. I've nearly-lost to console-only people before, and this guy has experience with out-of-state crews.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You know what? Never mind. This is so not my thing. I won't play you. Have fun with your MM, Battlecow.

EDIT: Yo Battlecow I didn't even see that post because it was on next page LOL. I don't see why you're mad, though. Are you really that greedy?

Vkrm

Smash Lord
He said insert coins? Im more in to melee but I'd play sb64. I had no idea there was a scene out here.

:phone:

mikeduncan23

Smash Apprentice
We will be in Vegas next weekend, you can pm me and we can money match for any amount you'd like

mikeduncan23

Smash Apprentice
Just read the poker section ha. And as a poker player myself, maybe we can get a mini series of some 1/2 hu games mixed in with some smash. A group of us will be there the following weekend (9th-11th).

B Link

Smash Lord
Anyone who thinks they're the best in the WORLD sucks. You can say you're good, but best in the world? Rofl.That means you haven't even watched isai videos, further suggesting that you probably don't even know 1/10th of the advanced techniques needed to be good lmao

inb4 why'd you tell him about advanced techniques??? how am I supposed to paypal hustle him D=

Battlecow

Play to Win
No, the beauty of this is that he can watch Isai videos and still think he's the best. You obviously don't remember kero, or acolyte, or (extend list to infinity).

kys

Smash Ace
No, the beauty of this is that he can watch Isai videos and still think he's the best. You obviously don't remember kero, or acolyte, or (extend list to infinity).
This^^^^. For the hustler, I would turn the old saying on its head and say, "Arrogance is bliss."

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Players who say they are the best. I have had a few of them here in Wa say that. Me and Kefit then go and play them and they never play the game again lol.

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
i JUST tried helping this guy setup ssb64 via skype, but NOPE.

no controller adapter OR WIRED 360 controller; tried using a wireless with the charger, unfortunately what many think will work...
hopefully he'll get an official WIRED 360 controller OR official PS3 controller later on tonight for sum smash64

EDIT: his 3 n64 adapters are in the mail
1) tytytytyty for helping me out KnitePhox, sorry for the newbish plugging in a wireless 360 controller (I'm 33 rememeber, and it had a USB plug. I always knew when I got older I would for some reason not be able to work the kids' tech just like I observed in my elders)

2) Lolz I was on stone tilt when all I needed was 1 $15 adapter, and I ordered 1 that was slated to get here in 12 days from Honk Kong (eBay oops) - so I snap-ordered the USB->2x N64 dongle from Van Nuys, CA. And the PS2/N64 version also from CA (different seller for max chance of early deliver) just in case that was the one all of you guys would tell me to buy and I would have to start over. I'm not very rich or anything, just really excited to play you guys.

3) Battlecow you are going to have to work on your hustle (and no one should **** block him IMO) but usually pro poker player means he will make smart gambles. I will definitely "Money Match" you blind on time after I am comfortable with my setup / play a few games / tweak the setting so it feels like Smash to me. By the sound of your $45 debt the stakes are not very high in Smash I assume? Is a $20 blind match considered low? high?

4) $1-$2 NL and SmashBrothers is the Olympic Event I've been training for my whole life. I once again suggest Insert Coins, our Barcade with Smash setup and beer ready for dispensing. You can basically smoke weed on the streets outside in Vegas now, so there is that too.

The moment the first one gets in the mail I'm calling KnitePhox again, and further more I promise to pay it forward with future newb teachings what I am learning

Battlecow

Play to Win
3) Battlecow you are going to have to work on your hustle (and no one should **** block him IMO) but usually pro poker player means he will make smart gambles. I will definitely "Money Match" you blind on time after I am comfortable with my setup / play a few games / tweak the setting so it feels like Smash to me. By the sound of your $45 debt the stakes are not very high in Smash I assume? Is a $20 blind match considered low? high?
I can hustle pretty well when I feel like it. There's no need with you, though. And I'm well aware that you know your way around a bet.

A $20 blind match would (sadly) be considered pretty high by most smashers, but I'm not most smashers. If we can find a trustworthy third party to hold the money and watch the match, I'm willing to go as high as... maybe $500? If we're doing it on trust I'll go $50 and trust to reputation to keep us honest.

If you're down for higher stakes/an additional match, superboom has said that he's (probably) willing to play you if I back him. He's much better than I am, but since you're the best in the world it's still a safe bet for you. I'll lay down maybe 2 grand on him.

If I'm talking ridiculous numbers just tell me and we'll lower the stakes a lot. I've done $300 matches with normal guys before, though, so a pro poker player to me means big numbers.

You should also know that online adds a certain amount of "delay," so that it'll feel a bit weird if you're good enough to notice these things. Like playing on a flat-screen TV, if you've ever done that, although maybe a bit better or worse depending. Also, the match may "desynch" at some point (freeze or malfunction so that we both see the other guy jumping off the stage, doing moves at thin air, killing himself) at which point we'd restart the game from the stock and percentage that we were both at at the point of the DS.

I'm talking about 5-stock, best-three-of-five, no items, on dreamland, with a double-blind character pick and then loser character counterpicks. Hosted on The Galaxy server.

And just a helpful hint here--weed talk isn't really allowed on this forum. We wouldn't want an overzealous mod banning you or locking the thread, so maybe cut down on that (not that I personally disapprove).

clubbadubba

Smash Master
1)Apparently this thread is all about numbered lists

2)Still don't think this is real...

3)Bryan who have you played out of curiosity... anyone we might know? Or are you in an underground smash league?

4)Can you do at least the beginning of these combo's:

Shoutouts to ballin

5)Yes most people play smash in their homes, what is this arcade game stuff? This kinda feels like an advertisement for this video game bars tbh

6)Longest list in thread (by numbers)? I think so.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Insert Coins' TV booths consist only of HDTVs? No sense in playing a competitive N64 game on those.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Insert Coins' TV booths consist only of HDTVs? No sense in playing a competitive N64 game on those.
QFT

bad setup if they are not "lag free" CRT's

1-4 frames of delay LOCALLY is completely unacceptable by any gamer standards

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
1) Do not know, never played N64 there. I have a nice house w/a Smash setup on a 42" LCD - everything seems fine - and now that you say this, I remember a few years ago my college friends always carry a Setup with us when we go to each other's weddings and **** and we have played smash on a TV before and we almost instantly turned it off, as there was delay and it was obv. unplayable. We have also played smash on the side of a house before, using the expensive projector a buddy had for his wedding. That was oddly enough no delay... odd... and it was awesome :)

1)Apparently this thread is all about numbered lists

2)Still don't think this is real...

3)Bryan who have you played out of curiosity... anyone we might know? Or are you in an underground smash league?

4)Can you do at least the beginning of these combo's:

Shoutouts to ballin

5)Yes most people play smash in their homes, what is this arcade game stuff? This kinda feels like an advertisement for this video game bars tbh

6)Longest list in thread (by numbers)? I think so.
1) These players look to be good, but I'm happy to report that I play like that too. my combos look different but yeah, I see what you are asking and the answer is yes, I play like that. This Isai is clearly extremely good. I will say after watching some of his DK videos I have a feeling I'm going to impress you guys with my blue monkey in addition to my Mario. I think my 3rd character Captain Falcon is going to get worked. Glad to see you guys use that upward whip kick like a boss also.

2) I am very excited, and watching my mailbox for USB-N64 connection each day.

3) I feel the need to say that my smash group and I made up many lyrics to go with the songs that are SSB. Maybe it was the drugs... no... it was definitely the drugs, and we made up entire storylines about these characters, down to who played them in the ill-fated live action remake. (Don Delouise played the "bumper" item, or as we called it "The taint" because of it's "taint" sound when you hit it, or the shame felt when the taint did you dirty causing an instant-death)

Battlecow

Play to Win
I am not, we were talking online

Although if we ever do meet I'm defs down for a console MM

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
Yo Bryan

That MM I was talking about at some length

what do you think?
1) obv need to get my setup working first

2) will bet you $20 blind under my terms if you'd like: stock 5, all items except maxim tomato, hammer, heart and star. I play with Mario / DK / Falcon only. Best 3/5 and if you win a round, you must select a different character.

I will do this after I am comfortable with my setup, play a few games on Galaxy to feel lag.

Mahie

Smash Lord
1) obv need to get my setup working first

2) will bet you $20 blind under my terms if you'd like: stock 5, all items except maxim tomato, hammer, heart and star. I play with Mario / DK / Falcon only. Best 3/5 and if you win a round, you must select a different character.

I will do this after I am comfortable with my setup, play a few games on Galaxy to feel lag.
Might as well get used to not playing with items, you won't be doing that much if you play competitive players.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Man I was getting excited

Dude my dignity is worth more than $20 a round. No items. Even the other scrubs who come on the boards claiming to be the best in the world know better than to use items.

Please don't stop posting after whoever you play first scrapes you though. I'll never get tired of the sudden humility.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Samus is really good when items are on. *takes hammer* "See, I just beat Mario!"

Edit: by the way, sounds like a challenge for Star King, likes playing with items and doesn't have a main.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
tank quick, i need a tay tay .gif that goes from being mildly interested to extremely disappointed.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
YO BryanMicon!!!!!! I would totally go to vegas and play you money matches in irl!!!! I got a buddy who would also like to money match you!!!! whats the stakes in real life betting?? Also, we be 21, so we'll be down to drink and party it up in vegas with'cha!

I gotta go down to LA for studio time cuz I'm dropping a spoken word EP in like...... 2-3 weeks, but I'm totally down to set up a road trip out from the bay to rep Cali Smashers!!!

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
Good rules IMO :troll:
sorry i don't know how to play :( items are super fun IMO

Might as well get used to not playing with items, you won't be doing that much if you play competitive players.
part of my skills is being a "beam swordologist" I'd sure like to show them off, but if you don't want to see I understand. Why eliminate an element of randomness that ends up creating excitement?

Man I was getting excited

Dude my dignity is worth more than $20 a round. No items. Even the other scrubs who come on the boards claiming to be the best in the world know better than to use items.

Please don't stop posting after whoever you play first scrapes you though. I'll never get tired of the sudden humility.
you mad braj?

what's so bad about betting $20 and wanting to play my way? you have been playing on this brand new system, on computer instead of console, with infinite settings, with possible lag and everyone wants to bet money claiming I have literally no chance and u want me to bet $1,000's ? let's start low kiddo! we can bet $1,000's if it seems fun, but no one starts betting giant on something where the other side is screaming that they have the best of it. I got gamble in me, don't worry, but I'll make sure you are wrong first.

Samus is really good when items are on. *takes hammer* "See, I just beat Mario!"

Edit: by the way, sounds like a challenge for Star King, likes playing with items and doesn't have a main.
No hammer in my ruleset

YO BryanMicon!!!!!! I would totally go to vegas and play you money matches in irl!!!! I got a buddy who would also like to money match you!!!! whats the stakes in real life betting?? Also, we be 21, so we'll be down to drink and party it up in vegas with'cha!

I gotta go down to LA for studio time cuz I'm dropping a spoken word EP in like...... 2-3 weeks, but I'm totally down to set up a road trip out from the bay to rep Cali Smashers!!!

I don't know what a spoken word EP is, although it sounds like some K'naan type level stuff to me. As I said above I'll bet small to start and see if it's a match, but we can get to betting big and make a fair line and stuff.

also of note I got tracking numbers for 2 of the 3 USB N64 connections I ordered, I got boned by labor day yesterday so those 2 shipped today. Est. Deliver 7th for both :( FML can't wait. Anyone in LV have an extra? I'll drive up to 1 hr to get it.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
Spoken word is like hip hop influenced freestyles mostly. Narratives about random topics.... for me they are mostly political or doomsday scenarios just provoke thought.

Whats a small bet for you (cuz you're a poker player and all??) and whats a fair line?? like a line of people betting and challenging or what?? sry to ask about the terminology......

ALSO, I like playing with items!!!!

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
nar eff betting low, bryan, it means once you get butt-***** the first game you won't be willing to bet any higher.

on that note can we get dmoogle in here to set up side pots? i'd like to place $1 000 on battlecow/basically anyone on this forum who ends up playing him. a new, arrogant guy (again) but who's willing to bet money is a rare opportunity.

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
I see a lot of people here are talking "smack" (i'm used to uncensored boards / sorry if I drop the slang-talk)

We will decide much in a few days when an adapter gets here. Until then, watch me on ESPN in the 2006 WSOP $10k Main Event where I win $120k for 63rd place out of 8000ish entrants:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-mBUA-uUDM

Battlecow

Play to Win
yeah but he's not willing to bet money lol, did you read his last post?

He's willing to bet $20 on an items match, and playing an items match costs most of us more than $20 in shame and disgust. He also thinks that luck is a desirable factor in a competitive game (poker players >__>)

I guess what I'm trying to say is props to him for not being stupid and losing lots of money ;)

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
he said he's willing to bet $1 000's if it feels fun

which is fine, because i know your hustling skills and you'd be able to get that out of him even if you only started off betting $20's

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm flattered

Also weirdly impressed by his thriller dance

And I do like betting money

But the bottom line is that you're gonna have to say goodbye to items if you ever want to play with the big boys, Bryan. We're all about games of skill here.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Not to bust your bubble or anything but EVERYONE is good with a beamsword. Its too easy to use. Fans better though. Cept you have to be malva to use it.

I think I've mentioned this before but we did a Mega FFA at Apex (items on very high), and isai insisted we leave hammers on. He then proceeded to kill everyone who picked up hammers lol. too good.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Okay starking/aa super literal bro. Everyone who's decent pwns with beam swords. because the dash attack is huge, the jab is huge, and it throws SUPER fast.

Top Bottom