• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Las Vegas Smash - Multiple Video Game Bars

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
Ok it's time to smash here in Vegas.

I think I'm best in the world at N64 SSB, and I want to find someone that can beat me.

We have insert coins open for business with Smash N64 ready to go + a new Barcade is opening very soon and will likely have it.

Let's get some players together here. I must have satisfaction.

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
1) who is the kabal and how to smash him

2) I am not Precious, but I have seen the movie

Battlecow

Play to Win
Kabal and peek are the two good players from vegas

hopefully they'll meet up with you/MM you if they're cool (surprisingly enough, you're not the first "best player in the world" to hit up the forums in recent memory ;))

I haven't seen that movie, was it any good?

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
Kabal and peek are the two good players from vegas

hopefully they'll meet up with you/MM you if they're cool (surprisingly enough, you're not the first "best player in the world" to hit up the forums in recent memory ;))

I haven't seen that movie, was it any good?

tytytyty for Vegas competition leads.

In my smash career, which of course started in the late 90's in college, was stellar. As Mario I destroy many Pikachu's from many other crews across multiple states. My 2nd character is Donkey Kong and I likely use him how you guy theorize but cannot execute. All the cutsy moves, "jimmy-downs" as we called them. 3rd is Captain Falcon, and I can guarantee if your sound is up I will show your moves. I will need to shake the dust off my fox / kirby but I have a feeling you guys have never seen a Mario like me.

I

Battlecow

Play to Win
"late 90s in college"

Oh my god guys

This man is in his 30s

Has there ever been a 30-year-old smasher before?

I'm officially excited. Peek, record this.

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
"late 90s in college"

Oh my god guys

This man is in his 30s

holy **** it's all young kids and me? how the yell did you guys find an N64?

FYI I'm a poker player (give Bryan Micon a google) and pretty much just a big kid obv.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Poker players make good smashers (I'm assuming based on A$ and s2j)

And yeah it's all young kids and you

well not really, Isai (the actual best player in the world, sorry dude) is like 28. I think we have a couple other 25+ people. But no 30 year olds.

I really wish I was in Vegas so that we could play a money match.

The Star King

Smash Hero
"late 90s in college"

Oh my god guys

This man is in his 30s

You're excited just because of his age? Lol >_>

That isn't going to make him good.

Battlecow

Play to Win
That was not genuine excitement, my high-school friend. I was poking fun at the extreme youth of our little community. Now shush, grown-ups are talking.

kys

Smash Ace
Ok it's time to smash here in Vegas.

I think I'm best in the world at N64 SSB, and I want to find someone that can beat me.

We have insert coins open for business with Smash N64 ready to go + a new Barcade is opening very soon and will likely have it.

Let's get some players together here. I must have satisfaction.
Oh my. I would normally forgive your ignorant opinion that you are the best in the world at N64 SSB, but making people PAY for smash. Awful. Just terrible.

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
Oh my. I would normally forgive your ignorant opinion that you are the best in the world at N64 SSB, but making people PAY for smash. Awful. Just terrible.

making ppl pay? I would gladly treat anyone who is in Vegas on this board to a free 1 hr of Smash time at Insert coins + all they can drink if they are 21+

also does this mean that most ppl Smash in their homes?

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
If anyone wants to help me get online, I have the Project64 somehow set up, I'm connected to Galaxy, I can play SSB on the emulator, but I need a controller.

1) I have ordered a USB N64 plug from eBay
2) I have ordered a USB full N64 controller from eBay
3) I have called ~ 4 used video game stores in Vegas looking for said USB N64 solution, all thinking I'm crazy
4) If anyone can show me how to map the pins I'll cut up a USB cable and an N64 controller right this instant. (edit - obv need some circuit boards -- http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/gc_n64_usb/index_en.php )

The Star King

Smash Hero
1) I believe you should withhold judgement until you have seen me play a match or 2

2) Respect your elders.
1) I am withholding judgement. Hence me being surprised Battlecow is excited about your age alone. Skill level is what matters. Not sure where you got the impression that I am passing down judgement.

2) Respect is earned.

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
1) I am withholding judgement. Hence me being surprised Battlecow is excited about your age alone. Skill level is what matters. Not sure where you got the impression that I am passing down judgement.

2) Respect is earned.

Agreed. I have ordered now 3x USB-N64 controllers from eBay, super-shipping on all, in hopes one gets here quickly

I have about a dozen virgin N64 sticks from a large purchase a few years ago as I am the "keeper of the sacrament" for my friends. I have a crispy N64 setup with a handful of controllers and decades worth of replacement sticks (we called them "actions" and they "got Jenna" aka got extremely loose and sloppy after a while)

this has to at least pre-qualify me and pique your interests about my play.

You guys will see in a few days it looks like. I am still trying hard to find a local N64--USB connection. No way I'm playing my first game on a keyboard, obv.

Sangoku

Smash Master
While always coming out as an arrogant new player? Even if one thinks he's the best, he should come with humility and first see what happens.

Oh and don't forget the "usual" stuff with your controller and emulator.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I was seriously thinking that ssb64 would be a good arcade game the other day

Also attention y'all - "poker player" means "has money and is willing to gamble"

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
While always coming out as an arrogant new player? Even if one thinks he's the best, he should come with humility and first see what happens.

Oh and don't forget the "usual" stuff with your controller and emulator.

1) I come across brash and cocky, I know. I guarantee I have something to offer this community and you won't be dissapoint.

2) usual stuff? Controller / emulator settings? After the USB / N64 connection is there anything I should know? this is the fastest way to get an N64 controller to work with this EMU?

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
I was seriously thinking that ssb64 would be a good arcade game the other day

Also attention y'all - "poker player" means "has money and is willing to gamble"
When you say USB-N64 controller, you're referring to an adapter, right?

like http://www.amazon.com/May-Flash-Controller-Adapter-Nintendo-64/dp/B002B9FIUU that one or this one

Looking forward to playing you online! Want to do a money match? I have paypal and we could get someone trustworthy to escrow for us.
Yes, i will be available to gamble, can settle either Paypal or Bitcoin. Let me get my setup ready and tested then let's bet!

Sangoku

Smash Master
Try avoiding multiple posts, as it is against the rules. Don't worry, if you've ordered an adapter you're doing everything correctly. there will be some settings to work with once your controller is plugged in. I don't know if there's a clear guide anywhere, but here's the general stuff:

- calibrate your controller. Really easy, in config pannel, then just follow the instructions.

- choose nrage as the input plugin, uncheck the box called "raw data". Set your range at ~70 and deadzone ~5 ( you can change them if you're not comfortable). If you want more details on them, I'll link you to my data thread.

- in the emu, choose te rom directory where you have the ssb64 rom, then refresh the list with f5.

If it still doesn't work properly, just ask, somebody will always answer rather quickly.

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
the amazon USB 1 is on the way to my house. Is this correct?

what about "all that controller stuff" ? is this the correct hardware?
Yeah, the mayflash adapter should be exactly what you need. There are a couple tricky things about setting it up correctly (you have to configure the controller in windows and uncheck the raw data box) but nothing too bad.

But hey--no going online and getting wrecked and then deciding not to gamble with me! I want you ignorance and all. When is your adapter scheduled to get to you? I'll get online day of and make sure you get it set up correctly/help you test it out.

How much are you potentially in for? Seeing as you're the best player in the world and I'm not even top 20 in North America.

The Star King

Smash Hero
this should be interesting
Nope. Same thing that happened to KeroKeroppi will happen to BryanMicon (that's right, you aren't the first).

BryanMicon, I can be the first to play you if you want. I assure you people will be highly impressed if you defeat me.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I know, and still. It'll be same old, same old. Apologizing, "I overestimated myself", etc.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Bryan you should play the Star King first. Then, after, you can MM battlecow if you want.

Star King: maybe he'll show you that mario is not overrated :troll:.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah but Bryan if you beat Star King then I'm not gonna wanna MM you anymore because he's better than I am

You should MM me first and THEN beat star king.

Also y'all are no fun. You don't LIKE hype money matches? Trying to ruin things. Tut tut.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
i JUST tried helping this guy setup ssb64 via skype, but NOPE.

no controller adapter OR WIRED 360 controller; tried using a wireless with the charger, unfortunately what many think will work...
hopefully he'll get an official WIRED 360 controller OR official PS3 controller later on tonight for sum smash64

EDIT: his 3 n64 adapters are in the mail

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah but Bryan if you beat Star King then I'm not gonna wanna MM you anymore because he's better than I am

You should MM me first and THEN beat star king.

Also y'all are no fun. You don't LIKE hype money matches? Trying to ruin things. Tut tut.
I wouldn't call money matches hype if the result is known. This whole thing is a trifling amusement at best.

I'll also MM you if you want, Bryan.

kys

Smash Ace
Yes, i will be available to gamble, can settle either Paypal or Bitcoin. Let me get my setup ready and tested then let's bet!
This seems....too easy. Well it's either too easy or Bcow's wet dream come to life. Bcow watch out for A TRAP.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Seriously though, sorry if I'm killing the HYPE but after Kero this is pretty yawn. Pretty much the same thing (including the random slang names for everything) except Kero said some hilarious ****

This seems....too easy. Well it's either too easy or Bcow's wet dream come to life. Bcow watch out for A TRAP.
Here's how you can tell if it's a trap or not: if he decides to MM Battlecow first instead of me, because a genuine arrogant newcomer would want the greater challenge, and he already knows I'm the better player.

Actually maybe I shouldn't be saying this because I might rather have Battlecow hilariously pwned then me get money, lol

Top Bottom