• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Las Cruces Game Knight's 3rd "Warp Digivolved" Monthly

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Okay just letting you guys know that we're setting up at 8am and have to be done by 9am...
RPG told me that if you bring a setup later than that he wont be able to waive the fee...
He said that it didnt apply to you guys because youre not bringing anything, but I wanted to let you know so nobody gets mad when they arrive.
but the tourney starts at 11 right? Well hey RPG, if we show up 30 minutes late or so would you still be willing to waive the fee if I can get my set up completely set up in less than a minute :p

I'm not leaving my laptop there though during the set up times. I'll put that together when the tourney starts. And if I see anyone messing with it...

Anyways see you guys Saturday.
I also want to MM any and all LC players in melee. It doesn't even have to be my Sheik. I'll mm with Peach, Marth, IC's, Link, and maybe Fox or Falco.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
but the tourney starts at 11 right?

I also want to MM any and all LC players in melee. It doesn't even have to be my Sheik. I'll mm with Peach, Marth, IC's, Link, and maybe Fox or Falco.
I dont even know when it starts...

YES IT DOES HAVE TO BE YOUR SHEIK :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: NO SANDBAGGING!!!!!

I'll $1MM you :cool:
and then we can money match again if you want to lose more money :awesome:

but seriously im poor right now, but ill money match you at least once and then lots of friendlies :)

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
Okay just letting you guys know that we're setting up at 8am and have to be done by 9am...
RPG told me that if you bring a setup later than that he wont be able to waive the fee...
He said that it didnt apply to you guys because youre not bringing anything, but I wanted to let you know so nobody gets mad when they arrive.

ShadowPhoenix is in no way associated with Game Knights.

He has no say in what we do, or what we're planning. If you have any questions whatsoever, please feel free to call me and ask. Please don't take Shadow's word for it. Always make sure with me first.

Light lives in New Mexico RPG :p He's albuquerque through and through. however I don't care if Nicknight is on your crew :D He is traveling from AZ, he should have as much fun as he can.
I see, when I fought Light at "New Mexico Pounds the 4 corners" someone told me he was from Arizona... my mistake.

but the tourney starts at 11 right? Well hey RPG, if we show up 30 minutes late or so would you still be willing to waive the fee if I can get my set up completely set up in less than a minute :p

I'm not leaving my laptop there though during the set up times. I'll put that together when the tourney starts. And if I see anyone messing with it...
I will waive your venue fee just for you if you bring your set up. As well as for bringing the recording equipment. However, everyone else will have to pay. I apologize. (unless they're bringing set ups)
Check in with me as soon as you get there. We have strict orders not to set up anything after 9AM, but I can present you and there should be no problem.

I'll MM a few people. I doubt you will win. :D
same here, I would throw in the towel just for that burger.

I want to friendly all of you guys! Mainly Melee because Brawl won't be a challenge at all lol.
I may MM...maybe!
Of course you'll MM, I'll pay for you if you lose.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Light is from Arizona lol. He lives in New Mexico for the time being though :p

And hey SP was just trying to let us know stuff. Don't worry about it. I want to see you both there. Aren't you guys meant to be LC's top team? I guess we'll see how well you guys work together in tourney huh? :D

I still have to double check with Light but we should be able to do teams MM's. For LC teams we may do stock handicap MM's (our 2 stocks each to your 4 each maybe). We'll see about this in person.

Light_

Smash Apprentice
I see, when I fought Light at "New Mexico Pounds the 4 corners" someone told me he was from Arizona... my mistake.
I am from Arizona. I moved to New Mexico temporarly though so until I move back to AZ I guess I'm considered Albuquerque. Also I'm willing to do melee team MMs.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575

ShadowPhoenix is in no way associated with Game Knights.

He has no say in what we do, or what we're planning. If you have any questions whatsoever, please feel free to call me and ask. Please don't take Shadow's word for it. Always make sure with me first.
>___>
you know its really hard being your friend when you act all chill in person and act like a total **** online...

And hey SP was just trying to let us know stuff. Don't worry about it. I want to see you both there.
Exactly...

arent you guys meant to be LC's top team? I guess we'll see how well you guys work together in tourney huh? :D
Im pretty sure we're not teaming. He came over to my house and said nothing about it. He also didnt include me in the crew battle so its safe to say that im just entering singles...

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
>___>
you know its really hard being your friend when you act all chill in person and act like a total **** online...

Next person to call me Nicknight gets a grand spanking in Melee.

BTW, Ill extend the burger challenge for you nubcakes, but not before my money matches.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
ok Nick at Night (loopholes rule :p)

And hey SP and RPG, stop your crying and get along online and offline. No drama otherwise I'm makign both of your guys teams MM Light and I. Your best bet is to get your best teams together at this and learn while you can. See you in the morning.

And SP, if you decide not to show up, I'm kicking the crap out of you and convincing Albuquerque and AZ to never go to your tournies again. No pressure :p
I just want to see how much you guys have improved

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
And SP, if you decide not to show up, I'm kicking the crap out of you and convincing Albuquerque and AZ to never go to your tournies again. No pressure :p
I just want to see how much you guys have improved
Lol i didnt even see this until right now.

I enjoyed playing your Marth and Sheik, but I hate your Peach >.>
Your peach honestly gave me a harder time than Lights Peach when we were warming up...
Also Erich is probably my favorite smasher in NM now :) he was really good in the doubles matches and i found him hilarious with his random yellings

So the LC tourney is (as predicted) a failure thus far. RPG decided to drop doubles and crews and just have Singles with single elimination! With Kyle and Light on the same side of the bracket too. Then he completed power tripped and disrespected Kyle and Light hardcore! Sigh... right when we gave him another chance lol.
wut :o

Twin_A

Smash Champion
RPG changed it to double elim, but lets look at it this way:

Had he kept it at single elim (which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard), I would have gotten last place. Instead I came up through losers and got second.

RPG, you could learn a thing or two from Pinkchucks. Instead of panicking, flipping out on Light (or any of us for that matter), and trying to argue, she instead smiled and answered our questions and took our suggestions. She listened to the people filling the pot and paying venue fees for your tourney. Something you should learn from.

You see we aren't trying to spite you. We have been to several tourneys and hosted our own. WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING! So when we make a calm suggestion, I advise you to listen. And don't stress over trivial matters.

In terms of skill, SP impressed me in friendlies teams. And you were ok in singles. Know that I don't try in friendlies until after a tourney when it doesn't matter if someone learns my playstyle, but I think in tourney you would have done ok against me. Maybe a 3 stock (possibly 4 if I tried with sheik). Good stuff though.

RPG: you improved a lot. You have tech skill you just don't know how to use it. I could nair oos all day against your pressure or even shield grab you, something I shouldn't be able to. Dair lower on the shield next time k. And more lasers.

Oh and that last match was a 2 stock easy. I went out of my way to suicide kill you as a joke instead of grabbing the edge. I was at maybe 3%, so I humbly ask you not to go around bragging that you brought me to my last stock in an intense match or whatever. If you wish, I will happily MM you as many times as you want. You've improved, but your falco is too slow as it is right now. Keep it up and soon you'll be pushing me, just not quite yet :p

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Lol i didnt even see this until right now.

I enjoyed playing your Marth and Sheik, but I hate your Peach >.>
Your peach honestly gave me a harder time than Lights Peach when we were warming up...
Also Erich is probably my favorite smasher in NM now :) he was really good in the doubles matches and i found him hilarious with his random yellings

wut :o
Guess I sandbagged too much.

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
The Second Monthly Tourney Results

IT WAS A HUGE SUCCESS!!!

All the tourneys were finished, and we had a lot of fun.

We didn't get in trouble with Western Tech and everyone got their certificates!

There were a few spots for improvement and we learned from our mistakes.
So next time it will be even better!

No one besides ABQ had much to complain about, and everyone left satisfied.
I hope to see Arizona and El Paso soon again! ABQ is welcome to come and I'll try a smash fest next time.

If you ever have a complaint or an idea for improvement, please text me or call me. Don't start flaming us. This will get you banned from our future events.

Here's the results.
SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE
1: Light ($33.00)
2: Twin_A ($18.00)
3: Erich ($9.00)
4: Tetsuya
5: NickNyte
5: Deltron
7: RPGfan
7: Johhny5
9: Pinkchukks
9: beta521
9: furiousduffman
13: wingedheroblue

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
1: Goyf ($27.50)
2: ArturitoBurrito ($15.00)
3: furiousduffman ($7.50)
4: Light
5: Robert
5: tekkie
7: wingedheroblue
7: beta521
9: roger
9: serj

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say huge success. That would be if we did all 3 events.

Go back and read the NM threads for constructive critizism

lol

I had fun tho. That what counts.

Trust me, I had my share of complaints ^_^

Top Bottom