• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Las Cruces Game Knight's 3rd "Warp Digivolved" Monthly

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I don't care. I'm going. To me, smashing is something I appreciate. It's not the challenge I go for. It's to make new friends, and to have a good time. True, I want to test my mettle, but I am going to Pound 5 for that, and even then, I'm going there to have fun.

The tournament in LC might be worthless, but it's not meaningless. Which oddly enough means, it has worth.

I have a sharp distain in this thread in the LC bashing. Ya'll as a state should support it, not shut it down. That's what we do in AZ, I'd expect it in NM.
I love you Nicknyte no homo

Tekkie most of LC prefers melee over brawl, but we still play it on occasion. RPG used to hate it like me, but recently he has started playing it more cuz he's gay. However, there is a small amount of individuals who are okay at it and take it seriously. I know my friends Ernie (Sonic/Pokemontrainer) and Josh(MK) played against Dekar and his teammate in bracket when they came over. They were able to kill his partner and get Dekar's Marth to his last stock, but then Dekar ***** both of them...

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
AZ smasherS!? Who would the plural be if you don't mind my asking?

As I said my making this depends on getting it off of work. Heres to hoping
HAHA! I was waiting to see when someone pointed it out. Rpg, a better misleading title should be "AZ confirmed!!!" Wouldn't y'all agree?

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
Venue Moved to become bigger.

Since we're expecting a big crowd...

I am not kidding this time. It's a big one.

We moved our venue to El Paso, TX for this Monthly.

We'll be in UTEP.

Sorry about the changes, and the venue if different as well. So we had to change the times.

Other than that, nothing has changed, or will change.

It's still 5 dollar venue fee, and 5 dollars per tourney.
It will also end early so for those having to leave to ABQ or AZ won't feel like they have to stay too late.

If you want any more info, please call me at 575-621-2625

tekkie

Smash Master
I'll let you know as soon as I have my vids.

also, it seems like the Twins were going to go pick you up on their way here.
as of today i'm not worried about getting there

i just want to see the replays and MM some LC people in el paso

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
See this is what poses a problem. I've already paid for tickets to LC. I don't mind going to El Paso, but things like this should have been planned in advance. If I would have known this, I would have made my ticket to EP instead. Now you got me wondering if I should go or not :D Read this passage from greyhound.com.

http://www.greyhound.com/en/ticketsandtravel/refundsandexchanges.aspx#ChangeRefundPrintAtHome

I'd like to change my destination. Can I do that without paying a fee?

No. Origin or destination may not ever be changed, fee or no fee.

Can I exchange my ticket for a different travel date or time?

Yes, however, a fee may apply if the ticket is not a refundable walk-up fare. If the ticket is non-refundable or advance purchase ticket, departure date and time may be changed for a $15 fee per ticket provided the following conditions are met:

1. Any advance purchase requirement cannot be violated.
2. Applicable holiday blackout restrictions for advance purchase fares must not be violated.
3. The time limit from the original sale date must not be violated. All transactions and travel must be completed within one year of the original purchase date.
4. Ticket cannot be a Discovery Pass or Commuter Ticket.
5. Tickets cannot be for Greyhound's "NEON" bus service. These tickets will remain non-refundable and non-exchangeable.

Origin and destination may not be changed under any circumstances in an exchange.
I can change the time at least, but I would like a ride to El Paso :D If that isn't a problem, then we all good.

BTW INCOMING SHTSTORM FROM ABQ COMMIN!!!

P.S. The title should say:

SSBM&B/MvC3/Halo/Tetris: Game Knight "Super Saiyan" Monthlies - AZ Confirmed! - February 26th, 2011 - El Paso, TX, USA

tekkie

Smash Master
Seiously, "lol jk vEnue change to another city 10 days in advance" is not okay and is a very unprofessional move as a TO :p

Also if Nolan and gorf come this could turn into a legit PR

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Seiously, "lol jk vEnue change to another city 10 days in advance" is not okay and is a very unprofessional move as a TO :p
THIS. Two weeks notice is fine, but it's ill advised to make these sudden changes. Especcially, at 12 AM in the morning :p I am set to arrive at LC at 11:30 AM on Saturday on Greyhound. I have to pay more money to go now. I mean this in the most polite manner, but seriously, did you consider this when you made the change? I did post when I was coming lol

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
UTEP is 20 min from Las cruces..... Everyone is blowing everything out of proportion.
I am sincerely sorry still. I know I changed it drastically.

Even so though, I hope more people are willing to come now, because we have a bigger venue to help ease that. Specially from El Paso. because it will be us making the trip over there.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I'm ok now. I talked to RPG about this. See yall in El Paso. I'll be updating my Greyhound Info soon on this post.

EDIT: Can't change to an earlier trip. Postpone tourney to 2 pm! lololol

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Ok let me do a quick explanation of the situation; we were approached to to be apart of the NBC Madden Challenge '11, however the original date and location (UTEP) were cancelled due to the weather conditions. As of right now the date is the same as in the post but there is an update on the location (my reply to Tekkie). So no worries, it's still in EP just a different venue. Details have only changed because NBC has changed them.
did you guys even get permission to hold smash tournaments while the madden challenge thingy is going on???

EDIT: nvm i see it now

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I think that was stated earlier.

Im black tho.

U sure you want me near Madden? I might just say F Smash and go to my primal NEW ORLEANS SAINTS, GO DREW BREES instincts. lol

Top Bottom