• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lara Croft: The Angel Of Darkness

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I support Lara, I would like her to be playable. :D she is one of the biggest icons.

vesperview

Smash Hero
supporting important females =/= sexist.

but try and think what you like ;) of course I said try, a person like you rarely thinks before talking
To each their own I suppose, of course you are not going to admit you're sexist, it's just obvious, no need for you to admit it and Elincia, Ashley and Alice the Balloon Kid are important females? Yeah right!

y3nia659

Smash Ace
To each their own I suppose, of course you are not going to admit you're sexist, it's just obvious, no need for you to admit it and Elincia, Ashley and Alice the Balloon Kid are important females? Yeah right!
;) yes they are. Try and play their games sometime :chuckle:

but of course to each their own, i don't mind if you think im sexist because it's not like you're vital to me and if you were right I would admit my mistake but you're just a nosy flammer so go ahead do what you like ;)

oh wait Ashley i recognize is not as vital :)

y3nia659

Smash Ace
:confused:
Ashley and Alice the Balloon Kid are important females? Good one! Apparently you don't know a thing about videogames, you only prefer Alice to Balloon Fighter cause she's a girl, it's obvious, that's why you want Lara Croft in Brawl.
uh-huh. anything else? you always lean on the populars side and neglect everything else ;)

oh and I prefer her than him due to originality, thanks for your prejudism

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Very unlikely... seeing how Japan's pov of American games = war + guns games (which is partially true)... and they already have a "warhero", which would be Snake.

Now.. I'm all for Lara Croft. I adored Tomb Raider III, though it's insanely difficult (to me). I will by no means say no to this character. :)

.... but I really doubt Sakurai will look for more of this type of characters... Especially to fill another 3rd party slot. :p

Here goes nothing... *supports*

OMG! Tom, your opinion like THAT doesn't matter!
Somewhat opinionated but largely fact. The only reason that people actually like her is because of her Sex appeal or if they are one of those random people that only support female characters.

although one of the greatest characters ever. (man i just can't get enough of the first tomb raider)

i just cant see it happening
You are joking right? The only thing she has is Sex appeal, and that is hardly enough to make her great in any sense of the word.

Zelda92

Smash Cadet
Lara Croft is more then a sex bomb, though as I've seen, trying to proove soemthing thats against whatever you're opinion is, is pointless here.
And to all those who says Lara is degrading women. How does being sexy degrade women? Are they supposed to be ugly?
On that note, Dead Or Alive is the best fighting game series ever.
Indeed. :D

y3nia659

Smash Ace
throughtout the games I've played Lara isn't sleeping around or waiting to be rescued by the stereotype "hero" instead she's the hero, goes out on an adventure and takes big challenges like the greatest heroes are supposed to. I don't know how she degrades women, if it's because of her shorts you people are stereotyping, if anything Peach is the one who degrades women out of the biggest female icons out there.

Zelda92

Smash Cadet
throughtout the games I've played Lara isn't sleeping around or waiting to be rescued by the stereotype "hero" instead she's the hero, goes out on an adventure and takes big challenges like the greatest heroes are supposed to. I don't know how she degrades women, if it's because of her shorts you people are stereotyping, if anything Peach is the one who degrades women out of the biggest female icons out there.
You're on to something good there.
Lara croft is the first noticable woman to really be a success in gaming.
And though samus perhaps is the first (I dont know that) she was hidden behind a suit making her look more like a robot. (Nothing wrong with that though) but in the end, we saw her in a bikini?

y3nia659

Smash Ace
Samus was first a he then turned into a she, but whatever. Lara Croft has really been a survivor for a long time, as well as Joanna Dark (if rare was with Nintendo she would have been a shoe in) what other female icon has survived this long? Don't say Peach, she was just waiting to be rescued for the majority of the games she appeared...

Also every series has it's good moments and bad moments, you all forgot about when some of you used to complain that Sonic games have sucked and etc....yea they all have their moments, I've also heard Megaman has had it's downhill, as well as other icons. ;) so their recent games being sucky really don't mean anything.

So your saying that the tomb raider series wouldn't have had been as successful if she didn't have that sex appeal? No. Her games were good but thats nothing amazing, there are hundreds of good games out there but just because one stars a woman doesn't make it any better than the others, I mean look at the Metroid series, everyone knows Samus is a woman even if she is in the suit but it is still considered one of the greatest series of all time because of its gameplay, and just because Samus is in a suit doesn't change the fact that she is female.

Having a Princess being kidnapped and having to be saved by a hero is just as stereotypical as giving a female protagonist big boobs and a good ***.

Lara Croft is mainly a sex bomb, though as I've seen, trying to prove something thats against whatever you're opinion is, is pointless towards these people.

Also Sonic, Mega man etc are considered icons because of how amazing there games were, of course they experience rough patches but their iconic status did not come from there looks or totally unrelated to video game qualities.

And something else Samus was never a He she was always a... she. The instruction booklet to the original stated that she was a He so that you would be surprised at the end.

And I hardly considering having one or two good games on a single console being a "Survivor for a long time".

Zelda92

Smash Cadet
You think tomb raider 1 sold 7 million copies because Lara had big boobs and a nice ass?

No. It was a good game but her the characters main appeal was sex appeal, her series is a flop. As I said she had one or two good games on the plasystation and most of her appeal is Sex appeal.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
You think tomb raider 1 sold 7 million copies because Lara had big boobs and a nice ass?
Not entirely, THAT was a good game. Sure, her looks had a hand in some 13 year old boys decisions, but they were decent plat formers for their time. You can't deny that they were pushing her looks, though.

Zelda92

Smash Cadet
Im not gonna deny that when they created Tomb Raider she was going ot be just a sex icon. That was their plan, and thats what happened.
However, saying that all of the other games are bad. (TR1 and 2 were the hugest sucesses)
I love all the Tomb Raider games, except TR4.
I also think that every TR game has an amazing storyline except 2 of them.
But of course, thats all about opinions, not fact. ;)

EDIT:
I'll just add that Lara Croft didnt really develop before TR4. She was just a sex symbol then, but after that, we who played them all (except TR5:p) could see some amazing development with her. At least I did, but Im a fan though. :p

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Have you seen her in Beowulf? Man.

What hormones would do to you.
:chuckle:
Yes, I have. They intentionally sexed up the scene. No doubt they knew that if their movie had Angelina Jolie naked (it's not really her body, hate to break it to you) would drastically increase interest and sales. Read the poem, people.

If you want sex symbol look up "Samus" with safesearch off on Google images. The results are scarily hentai related.
I wouldn't doubt it.

EDIT:
I realize it's computer generated. Not that stupid buddy.
No, I mean it's really not her body. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it wins an oscar for special effects, they are pretty good. If it wins best animated feature, heads will roll.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I realize it's computer generated. Not that stupid buddy.

I have read Beowulf, and alot of parts were left out of the movie. Obviously that was a nice marketing ploy they used (having it in pretty much every commercial). This is terribly off topic though. In any manner, I think out of other 3rd party characters Lara Croft's chances are pretty...

I'll let you finish that one off.

Top Bottom