• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Landing Lag/Generalized Frame Data Thread (Training Mode Tested// All 76 chars)

AKC12

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure you aren't able to shoot out King K Rool's cannonball in other directions other than 45 degrees? Nairo accidentally shot it upwards and has it on video.

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
Are you sure you aren't able to shoot out King K Rool's cannonball in other directions other than 45 degrees? Nairo accidentally shot it upwards and has it on video.
Oh yeah look at that. You can shoot your enemy / sucked in cannon ball either 33~ degrees forward, backward, or up. (So 3 directions). You still can only shoot the first cannonball forward though. I will fix my original post.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
This is a great thread!! Bless you. I'd love if you could do Little Mac for me. :>

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
I think something useful in the future would be a shieldstun framedata spreadsheet for all moves. Knowing whats plus or negative on shield is very useful

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Context sensitive attacks for ryu is interesting... Does he still have shield break? (Hard f tilt)

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Heh. I find it kinda funny that 4 of the 7 characters you still have to unlock are characters I'm planning to play seriously.

Anyway, great thread. Nice to see how much lag was really shaved off for the majority of characters.

Should promote a more aggressive metagame (hopefully).

Last edited:

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
You can perfect shield for 5 (or 6?) frames after releasing the shield.
There is no 'inbetween state' of perfect shielding: IE you cannot release your shield on the frame a move connects to get a perfect-shield 'parry'.
Can you reiterate what you mean by this? Is it that there is a single 'release' frame that does not result in parry, i.e., you should release one frame in advance of attack?

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
You mention Luigi's grab is quick to come out, but isn't it 14 frames of start up?

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman
Hey man, when you get the chance of course, Wolf would be great. No rush at all, though! Thanks for your hard work brudda

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
I'm a melee player of over a decade, so I could do it on a 'point system' I guess to just give a 'feel', but I feel like generalizing like that is dumb so I'll have to come up with something better.
im a melee guy too. a point system sounds fine, but maybe separate them in terms of dash dance window size, as well as actual usefulness of dash dance. like in melee, ganon and puff both have great dash dancing windows, but the distance they cover isnt that great.

Scarlet Spyder

Smash Cadet
I'd like to request frame data for Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard! Thank you for all of this valuable information.

Last edited:

Ghostofthefuture1mil

Smash Rookie
This is all such great info....thank you OP!!

If you snap the ledge with upB or grab it during upB freefall, you are missing your first frame of invincibility on ledge grab. (This doesn't apply to tethers)
Can you double-check to confirm that there's indeed only 1 frame of vulnerability here, and not 2? I remember when this mechanic was first found in Smash 4, it was thought to be a 1-frame vulnerability at first, then eventually ppl realized that it was actually 2 frames. In Smash 4 it also only applied when grabbing the ledge from below as well.

Not a big deal, but I hope that they didn't just make it harder to punish ledge snaps....

Btw would also like to know what exactly you mean by not being able to release shield on the same frame as an attack. I'm guessing you mean that you can't activate a parry after an attack hits?

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
This is an amazing thread, if you could do :ultlucario: I would very much appreciate it!

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info! I noticed that you said Ridley's Up-B couldn't fly straight down or down and back, but does that mean it can fly at the coveted up and forward angle now(it could not in the E3 demo version)? If so, there's another rumor floating around that Ridley's Down-B is now unblockable when sweetspotted. Can you C/D?

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
I am getting to all the comments now first, and then I'll get to all the characters as the night goes on! I'll edit this post with responses to the previous comments.

E.G.G.M.A.N. E.G.G.M.A.N. Ridley can go straight up, forward and downish, backward and upish, and mostly down and a little forward. I have amended my original post for clarity with this image. Ridley's downB sweetspot is blockable, can be blocked easily even with an "M&M" shield, does very little shield damage and is also perfect shieldable.
toobig.png

Ghostofthefuture1mil Ghostofthefuture1mil So ledge snaps are funky, I can see invincibility and quite a few characters lose invincibility on frame 1 of ledge grab after pratfall or on snap, but not every character acts this way. Mario loses 1 frame from above or below, Ryu/Ken don't lose any, Ridley loses 2 from below etc. I have amended the original post to make note of this.

Porygon2 Porygon2 If you shield a move you cannot release on that frame to perfect shield it. I wrote about this specifically because I was concerned that the window would be so large that players could actually get off perfect shields by waiting for the strike and releasing. There is actually a little known mechanic in melee that allows for soft-perfect shields (so you can reflect projectiles with a huge shield), basically I was afraid of some similar inbetween situation.

Goodstyle_4 Goodstyle_4 Luigi's grab is active from frame 14-20? Dash grab is active starting frame 16. It's a 46 frame move when it whiffs, but I guess I'm used to the exhaustingly long grabs like Samus's from melee or any of the 64 'tethers'. I will add the frame data to the OP so people don't have to rely on my judgement.

Jumpinjahosafa Jumpinjahosafa Ryu still has collarbone breaker, yes.

Last edited:

xenwall

Smash Rookie
Any plans to get around to Mii fighters? :ultmiifighters:

ALLLLLLSO, thanks for this, you're a hype machine and these are the kind of juicy details that will sustain me/us until December 7th. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Raidx

Smash Rookie
Just noting that Pichu's up air doesn't have fixed knockback in Melee, so that's not a change at all. Nice work overall tho

E.G.G.M.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
I am getting to all the comments now first, and then I'll get to all the characters as the night goes on! I'll edit this post with responses to the previous comments.

E.G.G.M.A.N. E.G.G.M.A.N. Ridley can go straight up, forward and downish, backward and upish, and mostly down and a little forward.

Hmm that's still the same as the E3 version, then. I'm guessing that means his Down-B is also unchanged from the E3 version.

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Good stuff so far, just a quick question.

Once you get around to :ultike: (Not a high priority since most of his data is known already), is it possible to check to see if his aerial upB and grounded upB have different super armor frames?

Thanks

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff so far, just a quick question.

Once you get around to :ultike: (Not a high priority since most of his data is known already), is it possible to check to see if his aerial upB and grounded upB have different super armor frames?

Thanks
I cannot check super armor sadly, there's no setting to view it. I could check manually but it would take a lot of time to properly measure the two ranges, especially alone.

JohnKnight416

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Reddemonknight
Do you have any video footage of Link recovering with his remote bombs?

xzx

Smash Lord
I know I've requested Pac-Man before, but if you could do Wario (and Pokémon Trainer - someone else suggested him) then that would satisfy all my needs lol.

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman
https://streamable.com/o13k1

Also to everyone requesting characters, I am doing them all, just slowly. I like to think a little critically rather than just post the numbers and leave them there.
That makes sense. Thanks man, and take your time. Your extra notes are actually way more informative than raw numbers are for me at least. As for Link, do the bombs always send backwards with Z-drop, and forwards with down throw (with detonation of course)?

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
That makes sense. Thanks man, and take your time. Your extra notes are actually way more informative than raw numbers are for me at least. As for Link, do the bombs always send backwards with Z-drop, and forwards with down throw (with detonation of course)?
Downward toss is centered, the explosion and resulting blast direction you could probably SDI or you could microspace just beforehand. The Zdrop drops the bomb exactly where it is in space currently, so if you're in neutral fall its infront of you, if you're in double jump, its centered. If you're moving forward and zdrop it, you'll most likely end up with it inside or behind you, but just falling straight down, the bomb will zdrop ahead of you because Link holds it a bit ahead of him.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Echoing the :ultwario: request, but no rush! Really appreciate what you're doing.

Last edited:

Keydrian

Smash Rookie
Next chance ya get, if you could do :ultrobin: that'd be wonderful. He's looking crazy good right now. Cheers!

Iridium

Smash Hero
If you don't mind any questions, I was wondering some things:

Does any of :ultlink:'s throws seem stronger? Does his Spin Attack appear to launch at a different angle? And finally, is there much you can say on his movement speed (ground, air, etc.)?

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
Spinosaurus Spinosaurus xzx xzx san. san. Cheryl~ Cheryl~ W.A.C. W.A.C.
Lucario, Wario, Ike, Diddy and Wolf are complete.

Iridium Iridium his throws aren't stronger, at the pace this game goes at and the %s that kills are usually earned, you'll never get a 'kill throw'. I would say I like their angles a bit more now, upthrow and downthrow don't send far away until later %s and forward throw has a more extreme horizontal angle, good for tossing people straight off the stage. His UpB seems the same more or less. Sadly I don't think it can semi-spike like it could in Melee, but I haven't been able to test it accurately enough to warrant writing that as a definite thing in the OP.

Last edited:

Jimster

Smash Cadet
Would you please test if Zelda's dthrow into up air still works in Ultimate? Up air covers a lot higher distance and bigger width so would be big still if true.

Top Bottom