• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kupo's Pit Videos (two brawl+ vids)

kupo15

Smash Hero
yea he is and I should use more arrows. Once I get used to Ganon and his animations, I'll do much better. It was the same way with Ike.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I really hate Ikes. I lost to a noobish spammer with my best! I cant believe he even spiked me! And I had to use Bowser and give him a Bowsercide to teach him a lesson on why he should not hurt my angel like that ever again.
Spammer Ganons are just as bad, and even though u were facin a good ganon, i dont like ganon at all. They also give me a bad reputation when i fight spammers. Side-b and D-air spams are just horrible.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I love facing Ikes I have much exp against spammy ones that I just destroy them.

Oh yea, I hate thunder storming, it is so good but I think I found an easy counter. As soon as he jumps, Utilt/Usmash. I still need to see if it works but I freeze up whenever I see it coming..

kupo15

Smash Hero
I am currently taking the next 2 hours or so to go through yesterdays matches againt "G" and post them up. I will be posting them as they come instead of uploading all at the end.

There will be matches vs Mario, wolf and ganon and he is great at all of them.

I am also experimenting with using WoI in unorthodox ways such as edge gaurding and using it at times when no one thinks you should. I am not afraid to use this move even if it kills me. I use it a lot especially since getting hit out of the start up gives you it back. I hope to unearth a new way to use it.

I have been experimenting with the New angel ring tech which is why I may use it more than I should. I have found so great ways to uses it for combos.

I also realized that arrows are not as effective as I thought against good players. It isn't as good as an edge gaurding tool either and the arrows need to be shot at the right moment. I need to use the multi jumps and chase him out there.

So basically, yesterday was an experimenting day. But I still had some good matches nonetheless.

EDIT:: I would like some feedback as to whhy you think I am losing to Ganon a lot. Even though he has tons more exp facing Pit than I have facing Ganon, I think I may be predictable.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
I have a lot of ganondorf experience so I'll give you what tips I can. Also I'm uploading a couple more matches to my profile if you just want to see some more pit vs ganon.

First off don't spam AR. I saw in your matches you used it a good bit and its really pretty much worthless against ganondorf. Beyond that he can punish you quite easily for it.

I've never found any use for the mirror shield in this matchup I saw you using that a good bit but it didn't seem to be hurting you so if you find it useful in the matchup just tell me how.

Ganondorfs favorite move tends to be his dair. Your main answer to this is spot dodge (from the few matches I saw). Spot dodge generally isn't the best answer I've found. Up smash and nair are really good for fighting it. Both of them can generally be used even if your not sure he's going for the dair. The up smash is great for it although you have to have some spacing its good damage and doesn't deplete your kill moves.

nair is amazingly good in this match up. In most match ups I find nair not to be all that great but against ganondorf its beautiful. Make sure you fast fall on it just to speed pit up a bit. Its a great move just to keep pressure on ganondorf. It beats his dair and generally is fast enough that if your right on top of him he has no choice but to just shield it.

Keep pressure on him off the edge. I noticed you tended to just arrow him. I find arrows do destroy him but you really need to just approach with sh arrow then when you get off the edge keep him away with fair. Be alert for him trying to ganoncide with you pretty much everything out prioritizes so just be alert for it.

Oh and I haven't had any luck with wingdashing in the matchup. So I wouldn't recommend it.

Edit: This applies to all matchups but keep track of your attacks being depleted. If your fsmash is depleted don't expect to kill with it. You may notice in my vids that I tend not to use the fsmash that much for damage and when I do I throw out a lot of jabs and tend to pummel a lot to get it refreshed again.

That's all I can think of atm if you want to talk about the matchup more feel free to hit me up on aim.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Wow thanks for that. I think a normal AR is not good I agree but the new AR tech is which is what I am trying to practice with.
Even though I have had a couple of successful wingdashes, I agree that it may not be effective against him. Although looking back at yesterdays matches, I notice I am very predictable after the Wingdash. Sometimes I use it without thought and I alway rush afterwards instead of waiting for him to come to me.
The shield is pretty useless although there are two places where it might be put to use:
1. To reflect the end of his up B where he has the little flick punch
2. SH mirror shield his ledge hop Down B.

I haven't been able to try number 2 but I think you reflect his Down B right when it starts, he will plummet to his doom off the edge.

yet again your right in saying that I should keep pressure off the ledge and not stand on the stage like a wimp shooting arrows. I have to get out of the habit of that working with my less experienced friends.

I will check out your Ganon vids
Thanks for the long response.

EDITLL I hate thunder storming and side step is not the answer. Yet again you are right.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Just looking up at the vids I spot dodge a lot with surprising success. Its really hit or miss if you time it right you can end up coming out of it right after there attack for an easy hit but if you don't (or if they throw a slower move) you can get clobbered. Powershielding is always the better option but harder to do.

I have 1 vid processing and 1 uploading hopefully they'll help feel free to leave any advice you might have. I don't want to hijack your vid thread so it may be easier if you just post it on my vid or on my vid thread.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
nice matches. i'd love to show you how far my pit's come since the last time i recorded but the guy who recorded matches at the last tournament(5/31) hasn't put any up yet =/.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
nice matches. i'd love to show you how far my pit's come since the last time i recorded but the guy who recorded matches at the last tournament(6/1) hasn't put any up yet =/.
Ahaha waittt did that match where I played horribly and kept essentially running straight towards you over and over get recorded? XD man I played so bad at that tourney = /

But I guess it would be good material for you to show off to other pit players since you pretty much used me like a punching bag haha...

I'll have to be more focused next time :)

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
lol i don't think that one was recorded. i just remember every match i played vs champ and on were recorded cuz that's when i actually noticed the vcr .

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
lol i don't think that one was recorded. i just remember every match i played vs champ and on were recorded cuz that's when i actually noticed the vcr .
Nah he left the vcr on the whole time I believe... I remember someone asking about it or something. I hope it wasn't on :laugh:

It was at least hooked up since about midway through doubles.

cradmazy_SKAG

Smash Ace
i dun got beated a bit...

was having an off day, as apparent in the matches.

kupo is stepping his game up fast, so props.

pit has mucho combo potential that we as the pit community need to start unlocking. i dont Nair nearly enough, which there is much to be done with that. also repeated autocancelled Dairs thunderstorm style is definatly a possiblity. i will do my best to be creative.

no more jawns. good stuff.

you havent seen the last of me :chuckle:

kupo15

Smash Hero
thanks, yea I wish I called them money matches when we played them but that was the best set we played so I included all 3 of them.

Yea I need to Nair a bit more too and maybe SJR Nairs will be good for Pit. I hope I posted some where you won Skag, idk it was late so I forget.

Knpmaster, Idk how you can just pick up DK and play that well. I usually like the original colors but whichever you like.

Skag: Playing with you two forced me to step up my game, so thank you!

Uploaded my first compilation video. Hope you like it.
Special thanks to Kyoko for help with the music.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Nice combo vid man. I do indeed like the music. It would seem we have similar tastes in music to some degree. ^_^

kupo15

Smash Hero
Thanks! Glad you liked it. I need to come up with a nice name but I don't think it is possible to be any more creative than yours Undr. ^_^

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
lol Well when I choose music I make sure that the lyrics match the character. Does any of the lyrics from that Alter Bridge song match Pit well to you?

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I really liked the combo vid! It's better then most out there, and almost looked like Melee at times.

cradmazy_SKAG

Smash Ace
he charges his fist and punches joy into the hearts of little children everywhere

Thanks! Glad you liked it. I need to come up with a nice name but I don't think it is possible to be any more creative than yours Undr. ^_^
Pauletta's punching bags
Wings of fury
Deathglide
Pit is 2 legit
Super Kupo Kombos

i call dibs on "Your not ready yet!!! - A Pit Combo Video by cradmazy_SKAG":chuckle:
coming soon to a youtube near you...

kupo15

Smash Hero
lol I was thinking about calling dibs on the Dthrow>Uair>Nair>ART as the "kupo combo" but idk :laugh: probably not

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
But it's escapable, thus not a combo. Dthrow>Uair alone is escapable.

While we're on the topic, can a multiple arrow hit combo be called the Undr Combo? LOL /pointless combo

kupo15

Smash Hero
Down throw>Uair is escapable. Idk why it still is on rhy's inescapable combo list but I would say that something that looks like the 4 hit ganon combo at about 1:00 in my combo vid is what I consider the Kupo Combo! lol
Sure sounds good to me XD
Undr Combo it is ^_^

aresparadox

Smash Cadet
matt you have some work to do on the combo vid, add in a nice introduction, and a good amount more content. make yourself really shine as a player. otherwise there are some clever things in there

as far as naming some "combo" after yourself id just have to say dont get too cocky star fox. :)
its too bad i dont record matches heh

kupo15

Smash Hero
yea i was just joking about the combo thing, really. I can see how someone would think I am cocky if they didn't know me. lol thanks for the comment kevin, my next one will be better. maybe you will be in my future ones at school mwahaha I def need to add an intro and more stuff. I just wanted to get one out lol. i will also add some vid of me getting killed by my friends in the credits

aresparadox

Smash Cadet
no worries, when i get back we can attempt to get together for offline matches, hopefully you practice the way i have and get ready lol

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yea def. I look forward to then. I practice AT's on my own just a little bit, like while I'm waiting for something to download, and I get better by applying them to my matches against good ppl. And you are a good smasher (who has yet to pick a main >_<) so this will be good practice against a lot of char.

Top Bottom