• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kruton & Co. with Galaktika Gaming Present: Smash Riot--Feb. 28th--State College, PA

Kruton

Smash Ace
Alright guys, sorry for the delay, but here it is!

Smash Riot II

Registration and Schedule:

Brawl Doubles: 12:30 PROMPT
Brawl Singles: 2:30
Brawl Crews (draft, or organized): 5:00

Prices
Venue Fee: $5 per person
Doubles: $20 per team
Singles: $10 per entrant
Crews: $25 per crew

121 East Beaver Avenue, State College
Phone: 814-234-0275

My contact details:
AIM: MikeKruton
Phone: (570) 903-2196
Email: MikeKruton@aim.com

*Any details and rules given are subject to change at any time.

Stage Options
Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counter-pick:
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
PictoChat
Pokémon Stadium Melee
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi’s Island

Rules

• 3 Stock
• 8 minute timer
• Items are set to "off" and "none"
• All sets with the exception of the loser's finals and the championship are best of 3 matches (exceptions being a best of 5)
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
• If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
• No controller/name tag johns. You are responsible for having a functional controller and a backup if necessary. Any restart of a game due to controller malfunction must be agreed by both/majority of contestants in the match (generosity in promptly discovered malfunctions is suggested)
• Stalling is banned. Period.
• DDD's standing grab is banned.
• Ice Climber's infinites are allowed, just not in excess of stalling

This is the prime spot for tournaments in Pennsylvania. There's SO many good places to eat, the venue is really nice (I'll have an abundance of tube TV's I promise =]), and it's a party town. Fun times. Oh yeah. We also have the best smashers in the state ^_^. Wanna argue it, prove it wrong? Show up! Hope to see everyone I talk to about this here!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im going, il find a way lol

its time philly and north pa started going to each others stuff, and krutons mad cool so this works for me lol

though can corneria not be legal plz? lol

Kruton

Smash Ace
I'm fine with that, it's fixed.

I forgot about a lot of little gay things. Like TL being able to clear people with dsmash at 0% >_>

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
aw, no weegees mansion? dammit. well there should be a bigger turnout this time so i'll be looking forward to it. oh and i want a rematch with plank >_>

M@v

Subarashii!
^ we never speak of that again, K?

Anyway, Ill bring my recorder.

Want me to bring the 64?

M@v

Subarashii!
^ whats even gayer is since you play a character with no counters, I cant gay you with a CP.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I doubt I'll have to. But, if all else fails, I have a backup.

Honestly, if I can't win with mk I can't expect to do better with any of my other chars. I've been playing him for the longest, and it's not like he has **** matchups or anything.

Phase

Smash Apprentice
last one was a lot of fun and i def plan on coming to this one

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Since people are still thinking Metaknight has no bad matchups, I would just like to point out some viable options.

Snake- (55:45 in snake's favor) Snake can cancel the nado with his jab or ftilt. Grenades **** every move metaknight has. Snake can kill meta at 80-90, while unless he gets gimped, snake is pretty safe till 160-170, almost double meta's life.

Diddy- (50:50) This option works very well sometimes- mostly just for NinjaLink, but i've seen other people use it to. Metaknight is very susceptible to bananas.

Falco- (50:50) Oh but wait falco just gets gimped! Wrong my friends. Falco ruins all of Metaknights approaches with blasters since Metaknight has no projectile and the lasers beat everything. Falco can also CG to spike to footstool Metaknight at 0 and Metaknight can do jack about it. Even if you grab on the wrong side, you can Reverse Pivot Dash Grab to get to the other side and throw him off the ledge.

Marth (45:55) Marth is very easily gimped but has 0 to 50 combos on Metaknight via the grab release.

Fox (45:55) Fox does pretty good against the top tiers actually- Grab release to fresh usmash will kill meta at 80 or above for most stages. Fox's dair gives him a decent approach on meta if it's CQC, while he can camp with blasters on the other side of the stage.

Also, pick Final D to make metaknight more predictable.

edit: Also, DK/Olimar/Bowser/Kirby/Dedede/ZSS don't do too awful against metaknight.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Ill go if LatexRhombus brings a melee setup I will play you the whole time off on the side lol. Plus we can always team up for Brawl Doubles lol

M@v

Subarashii!
Fox (45:55) Fox does pretty good against the top tiers actually- Grab release to fresh usmash will kill meta at 80 or above for most stages. Fox's dair gives him a decent approach on meta if it's CQC, while he can camp with blasters on the other side of the stage.
Wish I could believe it, but no. We tore this matchup apart in the fox boards First off, you can get out of the grab release as MK. All of MK's aerials beat fair, and Mk is too fast for fox's non flinching blasters. Mk ***** fox, 70:30. Falco isnt bad though...until mk planks :(

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Yesh, this will be fun. Also if you happen to need another TV, just say the word and I can bring one.

Is anyone gonna bring Melee for friendlies? I've been practicing and would like to get 4 stocked a couple of times.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Yesh, this will be fun. Also if you happen to need another TV, just say the word and I can bring one.

Is anyone gonna bring Melee for friendlies? I've been practicing and would like to get 4 stocked a couple of times.
Between Umbra and LatexRhombus and myself Melee will be there I'm sure we can get some games in...

Kruton

Smash Ace
Okay guys, sorry to do this, but I had to change the date to the 28th. THON is having their dance competition the weekend of the 21st, and people come from out of the country to do it. State College will be a madhouse, every hotel will be filled, and parking will be horrendous.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Woot! New tourney that I can go to this time! :bee:

*puts aside half the money saved for tourney at new TGP for this instead*

I should be able to get a ride to this, cuz I know Slim wants to go too. Haven't seen u in forevers Kruton!!!!

bowz

Smash Journeyman
Woot! New tourney that I can go to this time! :bee:

*puts aside half the money saved for tourney at new TGP for this instead*

I should be able to get a ride to this, cuz I know Slim wants to go too. Haven't seen u in forevers Kruton!!!!
If I go, we're falco dittoing. C=

Top Bottom