• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kpop Discussion~♡

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dc7wcaPTbw

OMG Chun-li! Best performance outfits!

Did Nana do one of Chun-li's moves at 1:52? I don't know anything about SF

Also, while I'm not the biggest fan of Mandarin, Wo ai ni is the cutest way to say I love you, ever.

KARASU! If you want 2ne1 songs, listen to Stay Together, their best song, IMO.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSMELn98EIA
Thanks!

And yeah, I think she was doing Chun-li's fireball. Or just a stereotypical Chinese fireball, lol.

justaway12

Smash Master
Wondergirls Preview songs.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWvX78hQqzo
Wondergirls - Be My Baby!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8zpenxns-I
Wondergirls - G.N.O!

IMO, Be my baby sucks, and it's a shame considering the great teasers, I knew it wouldn't have been the first teaser, but yeah, I agree with the top youtube comments sounds like a christmas song blended with SECRET's Shy Boy.
G.N.O!!!!!! Is good!!!!!

I'm going to wait till the full song, but this is what I feel towards the teasers.

The rest are in the users channel, CBA to link them all.

Me, In (is probably the first teaser =O) and G.N.O sound like they'll be the best, the other songs are alright, Be my baby is the only one I don't like.

justaway12

Smash Master
Ok, I love Lim, but Act Cool is the silliest song ever, should've just sung.

Girls Girls and Stop is great, it's a very good album, but it's not for me I find it extremely boring.

Should've had some other song as the title track though =l

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I just listened to the English version of 'Be My Baby', and I still believe Lim is severely underrated.

Maybe Lim, Sooyoung, and Sandara could form an "Underrated Trio" or something.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Really? All the comments I see are, "Bom is such a talented vocalist!" or "Minzy is such a bomb dancer!" or "CL is such a beast rapper!" or "Bom's hair is so pretty!". Etc. etc.

Lackluster shoutouts for Dara. :c

Glöwworm

Smash Lord

Okay, but they were done with a crappy iphone camera

I have no idea where to put this, I'm considered getting rid of my epic Solar System poster =(

And since I love showign off, here's the rest

Hahaha I love the pizza in the corner.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So I guess holding off was a smart idea. I present a four way comeback review!

[collapse=Brown Eyed Girls vs. Secret vs. Girls' Generation vs. Wonder Girls]Brown Eyed Girls - Sixth Sense
Vocals: 9.0/10.0
Really good! Lots of diversity and melody, which made the song that much better! Gain, Jea, and Narsha doing their lines perfectly. Meow?

Dance: 8.0/10.0
I didn't see most of this, but the choreography was medium-tempo and simple, matching the beat of the song / voices. There wasn't actually much dancing, but it worked for the purposes of thie song.

Rap: 9.0/10.0
Powerful and charismatic Miryo! This rap was almost perfect. I think it could've been arranged to flow just a little better, but aside from that I have no complaints. Well done, Miryo.

Appearance: 7.8/10.0
First off; way too much eye makeup on the girls. We all know Gain looks fierce with her eyeliner in "Abracadabra", but this is excessive and just looks messy. Likewise with Narsha and Jea. Sure, this may have been their objective, but they could've pulled it off much much better than that. Miryo had it the best, complimenting the charismatic rap section. All in all, I was disappointed.

MV: 7.6/10.0
This was uhh, interesting. Again, I could see the intent was kinda sloppy, but like, it shouldn't have been this bad. Jea and Miryo's solo cameras were the "cleanest". I really didn't understand most of the solo scenes at all. What a strange way to protest.

Overall: 41.4/50.0

Secret - Love is Move
Vocals: 8.8/10.0
This song suited Secret's voices well. Hyosung matches perfectly with her lines, and Sunhwa and Ji Eun do a fantastic job with the chorus and belts. Zinger was disappointing, but she was like that for the entire song, so. More belts from Sunhwa and maybe even Ji Eun are necessary!

Dance: 8.8/10.0
This choreography was...everywhere! Maybe it could've been toned down, but hey, the title of the song is "Love is Move", not "Love is Still". Like the vocals, the dance was perfectly matched with the nature of the song. I can only have so many good comments about this.

Rap: 7.2/10.0
What a let down. Ugh. Zinger has some of the most fierce raps out of all the girls out there, and Loen gave her this? Man. The cutesy image was fair enough, but this was really underwhelming, especially when compared to the rest of the song.

Appearance: 8.4/10.0
Seems like everyone in the Korean music industry can trick with concept photos. Anyway. Hyosung should stay with purple because holy hell she rocks that color well. Sunhwa's eye smile is killer, and Ji Eun's look is simple and effective. Zinger...needed at least a little more fire in her appearance.

MV: 9.0/10.0
Colorful, fast, and frantic. This describes the music video as a whole, and it also describes the combination of the strong voices and edgy looks of Secret in this song. Near perfect execution.

Overall: 42.2/10.0

Girls' Generation - The Boys
Vocals: 8.0/10.0
Fantastic vocals completely brought down by repetition and a chorus which should've just been tossed out for something different. Girls' Generation aren't cheerleaders. I understand the chorus makes it sound like they should be, but still. Taeyeon and Jessica's belts doing work. Sooyoung and Yoona should've had more lines. Tiffany should've been more focused instead of being in the background.

Although the chorus was completely out of place, the dance matched the song. Verse choreograph was simple and split so that it was minor personal movements, which I liked. Nothing too amazing, though. The bridge had the best dance, hands down.

First title track with a rap? Alright. A beast collab rap? Awesome. They picked the perfect people, basically. If they ever make SNSD rap in the future, make sure Yuri, Tiffany, Sooyoung, and Hyoyeon do it. Most of them are already outclassed vocally anyway by everyone else.

Appearance: 9.0/10.0
So much to say here? Taeyeon, Yoona, and Jessica looking perfect. Yuri looks so good in a tie and blazer. Seohyun looks so much more mature with her hair up. Tiffany is probably the only member who can pull of a "gangster" appearance with a hat. As I've said before, I think Sooyoung looks better after the accident, which is...well, strange, but.

MV: 8.0/10.0
Dear S.M.E., stop using the slowmo central focus effect. We've seen enough of that. Thank you. Even though that wasn't even part of the main MV, it still pissed me off to see it. Again. Generic Girls' Generation music video is generic. Good choice of outfits overall.

Overall: 42.0/50.0

Wonder Girls - Be My Baby
Vocals: 8.2/10.0
First off, I'll comment on how this song seems very festive / Christmas-esque, which can kinda work towards the Wonder Girls. Doesn't quite sound like something of their specialty in general but I have to give them credit. I understand that Sohee that was the main focus of the song, and her vocals have definitely improved. But she still has a lot of room for improvement. Meanwhile, Sunye and Ye Eun continue to shine. I didn't quite like the chorus because the pitch made their voices sound shaky (especially Ye Eun). I guess I'll have to wait around for their live performances to determine that. Hye Lim sounds solid, and I liked the second pre-chorus.

Dance: 7.6/10.0
Some of the choreography looked downright awkward. The prechorus wave and rap come to mind here, but I mean it wasn't awful. The chorus and several verse sections made up for it. I think we could see some more powerful choreography in the future, but the dance suited the feel of the song.

Rap: 8.2/10.0
Yubin had a much longer rap than usual. I think what let this down wasn't the talent but the lyrics, but maybe that's just me (didn't flow together as well compared to previous raps). Overall a solid performance by Yubin.

The maknaes look really good. I've heard comments on how "JYPE focuses on talent and not looks since people like San. E or Lim aren't that attractive", but I fail to see how Lim isn't cute. Ye Eun still looks good in blonde, and Yubin continues to be flawless. Sunye's hair made me angry, since she looked so much better in the teasers. Grr.

Well. I liked the monochrome touch of the outfits and overall music video, and the lightning was used effectively. Other than that though, it was pretty average overall. Nothing immediately stands out from the rest of the video. The use of all those extra dancers was questionable.

Overall: 40.4/50.0

They're all fantastic songs, but Secret comes out on top. Each song had one part of their song which was just really disappointing: BEG's appearances, Secret's rap, SNSD's chorus, and Wonder Girls' vocals.[/collapse]

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Did you guys hear about Big Bang winning the World Wide Act at the European MTV Awards?

AWWW YEAHHHHH

B to the I to the G to the Bang Bang!!

tko112

Smash Lord
So I guess holding off was a smart idea. I present a four way comeback review!

[collapse=Brown Eyed Girls vs. Secret vs. Girls' Generation vs. Wonder Girls]Brown Eyed Girls - Sixth Sense
Vocals: 9.0/10.0
Really good! Lots of diversity and melody, which made the song that much better! Gain, Jea, and Narsha doing their lines perfectly. Meow?

I didn't see most of this, but the choreography was medium-tempo and simple, matching the beat of the song / voices. There wasn't actually much dancing, but it worked for the purposes of thie song.

Powerful and charismatic Miryo! This rap was almost perfect. I think it could've been arranged to flow just a little better, but aside from that I have no complaints. Well done, Miryo.

Appearance: 7.8/10.0
First off; way too much eye makeup on the girls. We all know Gain looks fierce with her eyeliner in "Abracadabra", but this is excessive and just looks messy. Likewise with Narsha and Jea. Sure, this may have been their objective, but they could've pulled it off much much better than that. Miryo had it the best, complimenting the charismatic rap section. All in all, I was disappointed.

MV: 7.6/10.0
This was uhh, interesting. Again, I could see the intent was kinda sloppy, but like, it shouldn't have been this bad. Jea and Miryo's solo cameras were the "cleanest". I really didn't understand most of the solo scenes at all. What a strange way to protest.

Overall: 41.4/50.0

Secret - Love is Move
Vocals: 8.8/10.0
This song suited Secret's voices well. Hyosung matches perfectly with her lines, and Sunhwa and Ji Eun do a fantastic job with the chorus and belts. Zinger was disappointing, but she was like that for the entire song, so. More belts from Sunhwa and maybe even Ji Eun are necessary!

Dance: 8.8/10.0
This choreography was...everywhere! Maybe it could've been toned down, but hey, the title of the song is "Love is Move", not "Love is Still". Like the vocals, the dance was perfectly matched with the nature of the song. I can only have so many good comments about this.

Rap: 7.2/10.0
What a let down. Ugh. Zinger has some of the most fierce raps out of all the girls out there, and Loen gave her this? Man. The cutesy image was fair enough, but this was really underwhelming, especially when compared to the rest of the song.

Seems like everyone in the Korean music industry can trick with concept photos. Anyway. Hyosung should stay with purple because holy hell she rocks that color well. Sunhwa's eye smile is killer, and Ji Eun's look is simple and effective. Zinger...needed at least a little more fire in her appearance.

MV: 9.0/10.0
Colorful, fast, and frantic. This describes the music video as a whole, and it also describes the combination of the strong voices and edgy looks of Secret in this song. Near perfect execution.

Overall: 42.2/10.0

Girls' Generation - The Boys
Vocals: 8.0/10.0
Fantastic vocals completely brought down by repetition and a chorus which should've just been tossed out for something different. Girls' Generation aren't cheerleaders. I understand the chorus makes it sound like they should be, but still. Taeyeon and Jessica's belts doing work. Sooyoung and Yoona should've had more lines. Tiffany should've been more focused instead of being in the background.

Although the chorus was completely out of place, the dance matched the song. Verse choreograph was simple and split so that it was minor personal movements, which I liked. Nothing too amazing, though. The bridge had the best dance, hands down.

First title track with a rap? Alright. A beast collab rap? Awesome. They picked the perfect people, basically. If they ever make SNSD rap in the future, make sure Yuri, Tiffany, Sooyoung, and Hyoyeon do it. Most of them are already outclassed vocally anyway by everyone else.

Appearance: 9.0/10.0
So much to say here? Taeyeon, Yoona, and Jessica looking perfect. Yuri looks so good in a tie and blazer. Seohyun looks so much more mature with her hair up. Tiffany is probably the only member who can pull of a "gangster" appearance with a hat. As I've said before, I think Sooyoung looks better after the accident, which is...well, strange, but.

Dear S.M.E., stop using the slowmo central focus effect. We've seen enough of that. Thank you. Even though that wasn't even part of the main MV, it still pissed me off to see it. Again. Generic Girls' Generation music video is generic. Good choice of outfits overall.

Overall: 42.0/50.0

Wonder Girls - Be My Baby
Vocals: 8.2/10.0
First off, I'll comment on how this song seems very festive / Christmas-esque, which can kinda work towards the Wonder Girls. Doesn't quite sound like something of their specialty in general but I have to give them credit. I understand that Sohee that was the main focus of the song, and her vocals have definitely improved. But she still has a lot of room for improvement. Meanwhile, Sunye and Ye Eun continue to shine. I didn't quite like the chorus because the pitch made their voices sound shaky (especially Ye Eun). I guess I'll have to wait around for their live performances to determine that. Hye Lim sounds solid, and I liked the second pre-chorus.

Dance: 7.6/10.0
Some of the choreography looked downright awkward. The prechorus wave and rap come to mind here, but I mean it wasn't awful. The chorus and several verse sections made up for it. I think we could see some more powerful choreography in the future, but the dance suited the feel of the song.

Rap: 8.2/10.0
Yubin had a much longer rap than usual. I think what let this down wasn't the talent but the lyrics, but maybe that's just me (didn't flow together as well compared to previous raps). Overall a solid performance by Yubin.

The maknaes look really good. I've heard comments on how "JYPE focuses on talent and not looks since people like San. E or Lim aren't that attractive", but I fail to see how Lim isn't cute. Ye Eun still looks good in blonde, and Yubin continues to be flawless. Sunye's hair made me angry, since she looked so much better in the teasers. Grr.

Well. I liked the monochrome touch of the outfits and overall music video, and the lightning was used effectively. Other than that though, it was pretty average overall. Nothing immediately stands out from the rest of the video. The use of all those extra dancers was questionable.

Overall: 40.4/50.0

They're all fantastic songs, but Secret comes out on top. Each song had one part of their song which was just really disappointing: BEG's appearances, Secret's rap, SNSD's chorus, and Wonder Girls' vocals.[/collapse]
great read there, and the best part is, the comebacks aren't even over yet, we still got T-ara and IU to look forward to, and Tery, you should try to review both "Cry Cry" and "Lovey Dovey" when they both come out

justaway12

Smash Master
I don't know what they're saying, but the girl's kinda cute.

Also, I enjoyed SECRET's most too, title track wise, anyway, it took a while for me to get into Sixth sense, really had to marinate in the song, Wondergirls song sucked, IMO, Girls' The boys took a while to get into their chorus.

Their album is my second favorite of the lot too, might've been my favorite if they sang it differently.

Also, I saw Big Bang on TV when they won it! =O
I didn't watch it the speech or anything though, for personal reasons.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUIDMrCl_zQ

Oh, and TRAX, with VICTORIAAAAAAA <3

Miharu

Smash Hero
It's beautiful.

The MV, song, Jiyeon, everything.

****ing sad ending too, goddamn; made my gut feel funny.

justaway12

Smash Master
Jiyeon must have some all-day gum or something.

But wow, what a twist =O The plot itself was slightly basic, but I did not expect the ending, I just expected him to die and the police arrest everyone else and the next episode to be like a flash-back or something of the good times since it's a cute song, I shall anticipate!

And is Qri basically Jiyeon after Plastic Surgery? If so that's very creative and cool!

Next one better have more Hyomin >:~(
My only other complaint is that this is a really good song, I wish there was audio for it =/

EDIT: I found the audio <3

Top Bottom