• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kpop Discussion~♡

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Pics or it didn't happen, lol. Kidding.

But yeah, I look more like an East Asian than a Filipino. I really don't look very Filipino.

Anyway, I'm not really feeling it with Mr. Simple... Maybe until I see the MV.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
roly poly dance too good

and no wonder they were wearing those freaking track suits for that one performance LOL

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Not kpop related at all, but yo...
The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is so legit.

Anyone who's interested in that sorta thing should watch.

tko112

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6TwzSGYycM

its out ladies and gents, it feels like bonamana version 2, thoughts any1?

EDIT: im thinking of attempting to do the allkpop/mnet contest, but idk if i have the confidence for it, but it seems like a dream come true if i make it, so should i, and if i do, i may post my audition vid here and on youtube

Athena21

Smash Ace
NNID
Athena21
3DS FC
4167-5534-2969
I still don't like it...

Maybe when I see a live performance, but my hopes aren't high.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Apparently Sorry Sorry, Bonamana, and Mr. Simple are like a package series anyway. That's why they sound vaguely familiar.

Expect a not-so-wonderful and not-so-famous review from me soon. :3

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Super Junior's "Funky Series" review! Since none of the songs had a legit "rap" except for Mr. Simple, I considered the various bridge selections of each song.

[collapse=SJ Call!]Sorry Sorry

Appearance - 9.0/10
Everyone's dancing in suits, hmm? Looks hardcore, and indeed it was. The black and white (and gray) worked nicely with everyone's looks. The fact that everybody's hair was black also went really well. Of course, I'm going off of memory here. Haven't watched the MV in a while.

"The Good": Siwon looks normal, and we all know what "normal" is to Siwon, right? Kyuhyun and Donghae also don't disappoint.

"The Middle": Sungmin and Ryeowook don't fit their looks at all. Shindong's hair was also pretty funny.

"The Bad": Just stick to short hair, Heechul. Please. Also, thanks for giving Kibum all of two screen appearances.

Autotune/Vocals - 7.3/10
See what I did there. Overall, the vocals weren't bad. Obviously they're still capitalizing on Kyuhyun, Yesung, Ryeowook, and Sungmin's vocals. But seriously? Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, Han Geng, Shindong, and Kibum (ha) had zero lines. That's pretty pathetic, S.M. At least they seemed to learn from their mistakes.

"The Good": Kyuhyun and Yesung. Pros. Kangin's voice is also amazing. I dunno why they didn't show him more.

"The Middle": Sungmin's voice sounded way too nasally.

"The Bad": Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, Han Geng, Shindong, and Kibum having no solo parts whatsoever.

Dance - 8.2/10
Hahaha, this dance was hilarious to anyone the first time they laid their eyes on it. While silly, it's still an alright dance and was easy to pickup. Not really much else to say on this part. Eunhyuk's dance was legit. He isn't called the Dance Machine without reason.

Rap/Bridge - 8.4/10
Consider this section as the dance, Yesung, Kyuhyun, Heechul, and buildup lines into the final chorus. Heechul's voice sounds like absolute trash here, though. Once again, Yesung and Kyuhyun do their job nicely.

MV - 8.5/10
Already commented on before, the MV was good enough. The beginning was...strange, though. At least they used Kibum instead of someone else like Ryeowook. I have a preference for smaller groups now for that reason. More rough equal screentime and solo selections. Makes the group / MV much more appealing.

Overall - 41.4/50

Bonamana

Appearance - 9.0/10
I hate S.M. Their teasers are so brilliant, but then the actual song or music video tends to be not as amazing as the teaser would seem. Regardless, the group still looks good. Heechul went short, although the hair in the face bothers me. Ryeowook needs more fat on his face, and like, Leeteuk wasn't wearing a shirt. Lol.

"The Good": Siwon. Leeteuk. Donghae. Pretty sure all the E.L.F. screamed their heads off whenever Leeteuk had a part on their live performances. I guess wearing no shirt and having muscles do that.

"The Middle": Shindong's "sashimi" hairstyle was more of a "lolwhatisthat" hairstyle. At least it wasn't too bad. Also, I'm questioning Eunhyuk's eyes.

"The Bad": Aside from Ryeowook's hair, not much was too terrible, actually.

Autotune/Vocals - 7.2/10
Ugh. Autotune was so dominant in this song, and didn't even make the song sound good. See: Leeteuk to Heechul lines, Yesung's "gidarinda minah", etc. I guess I could say, "It could have been worse." Optimism is always appreciated.

"The Good": Kyuhyun sings bass. Did not expect.

"The Middle": No belts. I guess Kyuhyun and Yesung's lines near the end could be considered power voicing or whatever, but none of that stuff from Yesung in It's You made me sad.

"The Bad": Buildup and structure was too similar to Sorry Sorry. Siwon leads, followed by Kyuhyun somewhere after. And then a prechorus of Ryeowook and Sungmin.
Again, thankfully, S.M. changed that lineups for Mr. Simple.

Dance - 8.7/10
The skater style of Bonamana was more appealing to me than Sorry Sorry's dance, simply because of flavour reasons. Can you not hear those screams whenever Kyuhyun leads the pelvic thrusts? The "zombie rise" before the dance bridge was also pretty neat. Hooray for Kyuhyun rising as a top dancer, although Sungmin should've taken that spot. The top dancers of the group are Eunhyuk, Shindong, Donghae, Sungmin, and *sniff* Han Geng anyways.

Rap/Bridge - 8.2/10
Consider this section as Leeteuk, Heechul, and Eunhyuk's lines to the dance bridge. Sounds good, if I could tell there was difference between Leeteuk and Heechul's lines. Ryeowook's line was mediocre, but overshadowed by Kyuhyun anyway, so whatever.

MV - 8.6/10
Although I question some of the colors / outfits, the music video proved better off than Sorry Sorry for use of background and effects. Stupid teaser tricking everyone into thinking Super Junior was going to release a glitch or dubstep song.

Overall - 41.7/50

Mr. Simple

Appearance - 8.8/10
Never expected for Siwon's hair to change too drastically, to be honest. The clump in the middle is kinda funny. Definitely more colorful than Sorry Sorry or Bonamana. Heechul and Eunhyuk failed miserably. Especially Eunhyuk, who has the one head of blonde amidst other dark colors. The flat hair looks gross on him, too. At least spike / gel it or something.

"The Good": Siwon (surprise?) and Leeteuk. It's funny because Leeteuk's like 28 but thanks to makeup looks 5 years younger. Kyuhyun looks the same from Sorry Sorry. The style in Bonamana made him look older, but I guess they're not aiming for that.

"The Middle": Sungmin should probably not spike his hair. I think S.M. needs to invent a new cut for Yesung as well, but at the same time I can't see another style that fits him.

"The Bad": Uh, Eunhyuk looks like Lady Gaga if she really was a man. The blonde cut from No Other looked better. Heechul also taking after JYJ's Yoochun, it seems.

Autotune/Vocals - 8.0/10
First off, there were no belts in this song. Major disappointment. Second, I think if the song ended after the first chorus ("SJ call.") that would've been best. The bridge afterwards and "Blow your mind." are horribly out of place and don't transition whatsoever. At least each person got roughly equal parts. Poor Shindong.

"The Good": Kyuhyun. Yesung. Donghae. Sungmin and Heechul were okay.

"The Middle": Siwon did not sing the first line. What. Also, Ryeowook had two prechorus lines again. Should've swapped one out for Shindong, at least.

"The Bad": None. The mishash of the song isn't actually part of the group's singing, so I can't list that here. Good thing, too.

Dance - 8.8/10
What I like about Mr. Simple is that the choreography is not full synchro. While it looks good, in large groups is just looks kinda silly. Thankfully, each member had a more personalized flow during their lines, which added a layer of charisma. Being more freestyle, the movement was pretty neat to watch. Super Junior clearly does the running idea better than 2PM. Eunhyuk's solo was rather lame. Could've done a lot better, just by looking at Sorry Sorry and Bonamana.

Rap/Bridge - 8.0/10
Consider this section as the dance bridge, Leeteuk / Shindong's rap, and buildup to final chorus. Pros: Leeteuk's rapping, Kyuhyun and Yesung's lines. Cons: The dance bridge was severely underwhelming. Shindong already has minimal screen time of the group, and then they removed him from the dance bridge...?

MV - 9.0/10
Why does everyone have ropes around their nexts? I thought the concept was "Ubersexual" and not "Suicidal". Regardless, decent use of effects and colors. They actually used camera angles in this one, lol.

Overall - 42.6
===/===/===
While Mr. Simple ends up with the highest overall raw score, the general awkwardness of the song after the first chorus and subsequent sections is a turn off. In the end, I'd say all three songs are good, and I'll probably end up liking Bonamana the most. However, it'll be nice when SuJu steps out of their forte and into a new field. Like dubstep.[/collapse]

Athena21

Smash Ace
NNID
Athena21
3DS FC
4167-5534-2969
Bonamana was good, but it would have been amazing with less Auto-Tune. We had to pretty much beg victra to embed it, lol

I'm going to wait on the repackage for this one.

justaway12

Smash Master
I like female voices better too.

I though Bonamana was horrible too, but I got used to it, nice review tho! I say Sorry Sorry was best, but I haven't got around to listening to Mr. Simple yet =O

I bought the best shirt in the world.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Oh yeah, Super Girl is awesome.

OH MY SUPER GIRL~

I need to find like 4 or 6 other Asian guys who know the dance for a cover. **** would be legit.

justaway12

Smash Master
Minus Supgroups, I think Negero and Don't Don were the best. They were epic! Minus the Don't Don hair

Cooking Cooking was the best tho, because it had Sunny. Super Girl too, because it had Jessica.

Songs were good too.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yeah, Don't Don's a white sheep for me. Definitely a solid song, but the hair was rather pathetic.

Gonna be uploading my first video ever since I got back from vacation!

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Oh yeah, Super Girl is awesome.

OH MY SUPER GIRL~

I need to find like 4 or 6 other Asian guys who know the dance for a cover. **** would be legit.
I dance pretty well, imo, lol.

If some of us could get together and dance or make some flash mob, that'd be <3.

What do you think about 'Perfection'/'태완미' or w/e the song is?

I like Cooking Cooking for its hilarity... and Sunny is <3 there.

I like Super Girl... for Han Geng.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Too bad I live on the East Coast.

Perfection is mediocre. If any Super Junior M song should be named 'Perfection', it should be Super Girl. What's absolutely ear-killing is the Korean version of Perfection. I never want to hear that again.

Hey guys, remember when Victra cared about us? Oh, oh wait.

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
Super Juniors new album was meh.
I didn't know what they was going for when they made it :/
Oh, and Jenpoo took links down...again?

Athena21

Smash Ace
NNID
Athena21
3DS FC
4167-5534-2969
Yeah, Super Girl > Perfection...

Yeah, last I checked Jenpoo just has links to music videos now.

Top Bottom