• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I believe you are confused bout the stuff that happens in the magical heavenly world that we call the Pit boards. For you wondering how it works, and what our roles are, you're just not ready yet... Well, unless you've been here a lot.

link2702

Smash Champion
he got excited and giddy like a schoolgirl when he heard about the MK ban so he had to return

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Apparently ppl hate me trying to relax/being kinda playful or something, and probably prefer me to be serious all the time. So, back to my old ways, or I could always retire. That'd be a lot of stress off my back since I believe everyone hates me here, on the serious note, and I'll be making that decision soon.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I know he does, but I'm thinking the others do too. I'll still think about it though.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
is the last few pages seriously what the pit boards will turn into if i don't get to post as often due to no net at my apartment? come on guys.... this is retardedly confusing and i guarentee the wasn't a single actual point to be made.

luckay lets be those side discussing pits and discuss the specific strategy to pit's onstage play sense all im really able to do with him anymore is planking with an average of 35-44 ledge grabs per match. jabbing, arrows, and bair seem to be the only moves i can sometimes land anymore. and even then i get still get punished for everything i do with pit. i mean i may get in the occasional grab but when im onstage it feels like im always using the wrong moves and getting ****ed over for it even though each time i do a move it seemed like a solid option.

this is just with pit though. my falco may actually move up in this

jesus editing christ:

no one hates you AP. u just happen to creep or weird people out sometimes

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I have no motivation to help out again after I was cast aside for just being "wifi only" according to some of you elitists, which means I'm not needed or wanted. I'm under the impression that my type of "weird" is the only thing that matters rather than anyone else's. I see how it is now. It's not like I'm wanted here anyways. I question why I still play this when I'm not appreciated much, and/or have to deal with idiotic trolls relatively daily.

Maybe leaving is the right thing for me to do, unless convinced otherwise.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Apparently ppl hate me trying to relax/being kinda playful or something
But its so obvious and pathetic that you were only acting this way because of loli and fyre because they are girls on the interney. Im getting tired of all these threats to leave as well its a cry for attention just shut uuuuup

Back to gameplay and less about AP, I'm finding it a lot easier to play at a slow pace without using arrows. Mainly done it on wifi, but reading and spacing seems easier to pull off when im not dashing and pivot arrowing everywhere.

:phone:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If you really want me to hurt you, then fine. I realized that you indeed lied to me when you said you didn't want me to quit, too. If you have a problem with me being friendly to Fyre and such, then fine. So at this point, your opinion does not matter since you've been nothing but a plague to me.
My patience overall has been wearing thin as well, and thus might be taking a new path that I once tried before, but never could do. Just remember one of these days, you'll catch me on the wrong time, then there will be some real conflicts. I can't restrain everything.

If you want to keep pushing my limit and such, then try me.

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
@Maharba- I'm capable of discussing strategy as well. Stage pending, I can get away with about 25 edge grabs a game. Use tilts. Lots of tilts. Dtilt has surprising range and is good for catching an opponent offguard when they try to rush me down. Ftilt is surprisingly good for KOing MKs (not that it'll be much use after Apex) because of the range and because MKs all seem to have the "run up, spotdodge, react reflex". I learned on heavier characters such as Snake that you can Dthrow > Utilt > Uair at like 0% for an easy 40%. Oh, and to any Pits that have trouble KOing... Pit can perform a jab cancel to Fsmash or Dsmash after the first jab. Keep the Fsmash fresh til the opponent is at killing percent and more than likely they won't see it coming. Not many people try jab canceling with Pit unless it's one of those "jab jab grab" combos.

/ me being serious

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I have the worst habits when it comes to Fsmash. Like, when my opponent is at kill %, I'll do a jab>fsmash, or something like that. Which is stupid, cuz if he gets hit by the jab, that means he would probably have been hit by a simple Fsmash, and if he doesn't get hit (like shield it or something), he'll be able to punish it anyways...
I got dolphin slashed between a jab (which hit) and a fsmash like that :c

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Even though I said I ain't motivated to help, you should watch who you jab cancel against. For examples, not against a char who has a fast aerial on them (or for me, at least not a fast N-air, like Ness or Peach), or a fast jab either (and the Marth Up-B issue you mentioned before). Pretty much watch for those who have quick moves that work well in the situation, though you can only get away with it if the opponent isn't expecting it. I really just use it over and over to do a bit of damage and help refresh attacks, or even get a grab in possibly, then pummel for more damage and move refreshing.
It seems decent against DK, but what do I know? I'm just a wifier to you Offline Elitists!

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
You shouldn't just jab fsmash. The jab is to confirm that you can pull off an fsmash. If they manage to shield the jab then you should continue the 3 hit jab or do the jab infinite or even retreat. Fyre is right about jab to fsmash/dsmash and people should take note of when their opponent recovers to the ledge using up b because characters like Marth have phantom lag and jab to fsmash is a true combo then if they haven't landed on the stage sinced they used up b.

If you really want me to hurt you, then fine. I realized that you indeed lied to me when you said you didn't want me to quit, too. If you have a problem with me being friendly to Fyre and such, then fine. So at this point, your opinion does not matter since you've been nothing but a plague to me.
My patience overall has been wearing thin as well, and thus might be taking a new path that I once tried before, but never could do. Just remember one of these days, you'll catch me on the wrong time, then there will be some real conflicts. I can't restrain everything.

If you want to keep pushing my limit and such, then try me.
I want you to quit misinterpreting what I say. :facepalm:

There's like no way you can actually hurt me so I think you're just making things up now. I've concluded that you are a master of trolling which now makes everything you say hilarious.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
AP is a master of creating mountains out of molehills, which gets him into a lot of annoying situations for him. Luckily it doesn't really happen here because unlike kids at AiB some if not most of Pits here are actually mature and respect him for doing well in the ladder and for being a contributor to the metagame for Pit.

In any case, like Maharba has told you AP, just chill, you don't have to prove anything here. :)

link2702

Smash Champion
admirLOL Pedo be hitting on them young girls again hmm?

admirLOL could make Michael Jackson and a Catholic Priest green with envy.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And christ, you're back yet again to give me trouble. Is there ANYTHING ELSE that you like doing for a living besides intentionally wanting to pick a fight with/irritate me? Actually forget it. I got a better idea about handling this.

link2702

Smash Champion
IDGAD about stuff jimmy and unlike admirLOl here I have a sense of humor.

and I don't hit on little girls on the internet.

admirLOL takes everything on the internet as srs bsns

and then wonders why everyone laughs their ***** off at him.

@admirLOL i like to do lots of things, like you know.....have a life outside of the internet(you should try getting one, one of these days ;) ), and don't waste it away trying to hit on little girls on the internet in hopes of getting some underage e-*****.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I'm not a little girl xD I'm 19 :-p

Also though admiral....Uhhh I wasn't being serious with my posts...you gotta have more of an I don't give a **** attitude when reading these things on the interwebs

link2702

Smash Champion
I'm not a little girl xD I'm 19 :-p

Also though admiral....Uhhh I wasn't being serious with my posts...you gotta have more of an I don't give a **** attitude when reading these things on the interwebs

lemme translate it for admirLOL

gotz to have a sense of humor and quit thinking so much srs bsns.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Hey, can anyone up here upload vids? Kuro?

The correct term is landing lag, also 2 hit jab to d-smash is a true combo on floaty mid weights, Lucas, Samus and even Lucario.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I don't know about the jab canceling to smash thing. My G&W friend seems to always spotdodge after the jab, but I'm guessing it's beneficial at higher percents when the opponents can't touch the ground so quickly.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yea, I forgot about that. Never do that at low percentages. But make sure the jab itself is fresh and not too stale, or opponents have more time to get out of it. Jab cancel by itself is escape-able, but it can surprise a few, but again, be careful who you use it against.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
After playing some matches with my friend today, I feel my Pit's control tightening up a lot. I'm seeing that Pit has a lot of untapped playstyles/tactics that can benefit him even more than we thought. Side-b can be used for spacing because it has a windbox hitbox at the end once you let go. I've been using that move a lot more to space opponents and for the added damage if it connects.

I think the wing tricks have more potential and can be used in battle more often. It doesn't necessarily have to be wing dashing, but an full hop aerial-->up-b to stop your momentum, run away, or to fake out opponents seems to work well. Landing dair can also work well on stages with slopes like Frigate, and it's also good if the opponent does a punishable move.

Another trick I like to do is up-b if an opponent comes up for a grab, then immediately dair them. It's been working lately, but it's situational--but a surprisingly fast punish.

Glide cancels/followups/air chasing is also some potentially good tactics that hasn't been utilized far enough.

The main thing that I really need to work on as a player is my reading abilities and playing proactively. I don't think enough while I play, and I feel that it is the main thing that separates the top level players from the rest. They can bait out habits, adapt on the fly, and have a good understanding of reading opponents and knowing what's up. If I can get that down, man I feel like I can do some major damage. Also my control and tactics need more tightening up.

What have you Pits been learning lately?

Top Bottom