• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Marth is only good if you're consistent with reads and tippers, otherwise he's a pansy.

You don't need to tipper farts :D

But hey go with the character you feel the most comfortable with, honestly, Marth is a good choice for his ground speed and frame data, if you're into that. Look up the matchup exports or something and figure it out. Nothing wrong with triple maining the three of them either.
would u be willing to help my wario along if i picked him up?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
You've gotta make a feel for him, Kuro. When you've put some work into the character and have a distinct style that matches your play, then show some videos and ask questions and I'll help wherever I can.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
You've gotta make a feel for him, Kuro. When you've put some work into the character and have a distinct style that matches your play, then show some videos and ask questions and I'll help wherever I can.
Ok ill tty a month from now and we'll go from there.

on a side note even though ive only used him a few times in those few times i landed wafts consistently =3

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
the only gay mu pit has is MK, wario, marth, falco. those also happen to be his best choices as secondaries.
falco=wario for these MUs
MK>marth, but is = falco, wario
Marth<MK, but is > falco, wario
falco or wario= MK, but is < Marth

pick which set of statistics you prefer in your secondary. sounds like you like wario which is good because it only leaves marth as your bad match up.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
chaingrab thread. its not finished yet but when it is it will be something worth stickying. at least if the other pits agree
"Not finished yet." And when will that be? At least I've put in the work for my thread. It took hours finalizing, tweaking, and editing the results thread. I've found numerous results that would not even be in the thread had I not looked them up.

May my tournament results thread be stickied? I spent A LOT of time into that to make it look presentable to the entire community, and to spark more interest in Pit's development.
^^^^^^

i second the chain grab thread

itll be sticky worthy when its finished so y not just sticky it now
Same response, but you Pits are acting a fool thinking a chaingrab thread has more importance than the history of Pit and his results. lol. It's whatev Pit's. We have too many sticky threads now and another will not look proper unless one is dropped.

the only gay mu pit has is MK, wario, marth, falco. those also happen to be his best choices as secondaries.
falco=wario for these MUs
MK>marth, but is = falco, wario
Marth<MK, but is > falco, wario
falco or wario= MK, but is < Marth

pick which set of statistics you prefer in your secondary. sounds like you like wario which is good because it only leaves marth as your bad match up.
The only matchups that are really tough from the above list are Wario & MK. Marth and Falco are arguably even matchups. Pit doesn't need a secondary. We just need to discover more about those matchups and improve our skill.

Purple

Hi guys!
As long as more people add tournament results and it's consistently being updated i'll stick it, but it's been a while since it's been updated apparently. =S

dskank

Smash Journeyman
"Not finished yet." And when will that be? At least I've put in the work for my thread. It took hours finalizing, tweaking, and editing the results thread. I've found numerous results that would not even be in the thread had I not looked them up.

^^^^^^

Same response, but you Pits are acting a fool thinking a chaingrab thread has more importance than the history of Pit and his results. lol. It's whatev Pit's. We have too many sticky threads now and another will not look proper unless one is dropped.

The only matchups that are really tough from the above list are Wario & MK. Marth and Falco are arguably even matchups. Pit doesn't need a secondary. We just need to discover more about those matchups and improve our skill.
lol no one said tourney results wasnt important no need to bash another thread lol

and how do we go even with marth?

i dont think wario is that bad, but olimar ***** pit, its equally as gay as mk

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ya gadiel i sry i didn't mean to seem like i don't think your threads important. i just saw your post for the first time today. i haven't been on the social board often as i have the other boards. i didn't know stickying your thread was even in question. of course the tourney results thread should be stickied. wat we should unsticky is the frame data one since there is a link to it in the ULTIMATE GUIDE already which means it technically stickied twice.

i haven't really played an olimar that knows what they are doing so i don't know ill just agree. and i do agree pit doesn't neeeeed a secondary but i like the diversity of two characters. playing just pit makes me tire of him. and vice versa when i used to main marth. so now i have a perfect balance of 70% Pit 30% Marth :)

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I don't mind the frame data being un stickied. I did all the data I can think of. Maybe some minor updates needed but in all, the guide has it.

I think olimar only ***** when you let him have his space. When you find an opening being patient, like tl, its pretty much **** them while they try to escape.

Hmmm I see mystic putting alot of work on these forums.
Lets not start a fire tko, ne?

Oh hi guys, you miss me?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I don't mind the frame data being un stickied. I did all the data I can think of. Maybe some minor updates needed but in all, the guide has it.

I think olimar only ***** when you let him have his space. When you find an opening being patient, like tl, its pretty much **** them while they try to escape.

Oh hi guys, you miss me?
saljf;lsjf;ljslkfjl;sjal;fakjsal;fjlskkdjhfoiewhawogpi;h HI :awesome:

Nitrix

Smash Ace
you don't need to apologize

Gstar is pretty much an a**hole on these boards

Dude are you joking?

Honestly I think Gstar is a great and valuable member of these boards.

Is this seriously because Gstar said Masashi is a good player? You should get that chip off your shoulder....

Pits should stick together!

I finish exams soon, I can't wait to play some brawl during the christmas break :3. Anyone want to wifi?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I'm the mothaflippin' King of Games. My hair's spiked And my pants are really tight, And I'm sexy (I'm sexy). If you choose to defend I'm gonna condescend Cuz my Dark Magic Attack'll drive you straight round the bend. I got God Cards I won from Battle City, Don’t believe me? Listen carefully to this ditty. And by the by your cards are sh*tty, And so’s your show. Watch what happens when Slifer takes on Winged Kuriboh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK-4JEETt88 LOL

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Dude are you joking?

Honestly I think Gstar is a great and valuable member of these boards.

Is this seriously because Gstar said Masashi is a good player? You should get that chip off your shoulder....

Pits should stick together!

I finish exams soon, I can't wait to play some brawl during the christmas break :3. Anyone want to wifi?
Thank you, but chill out man, I got this. He's dead serious, lol, but it's cool. His comment actually made me laugh. It's funny as heck cuz it's the opposite of what I really am, lol.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Always the Pit mains... Anyways, uh I might start to try on AIB ladder next season seeing how im actually top 3 on joke ladder. (that's where ADHD started off on back in the day then he got amazingly better after playing alot of people and alot of atomsk practice.)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Gstar you come off as a bit cocky sometimes with your high-strung yet motivational posts, almost like an air pirate from Skies of Arcadia that we all know and love... Swashbucklin' *******. Still, take it easy on the Pits, will ya? Not everyone can be as glamorous and enlightened as you XD

Also TKO you take it easy too. No need to call out/flame people. Let's all be friends.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I didn't call him that that cuz of masashi I called him that because he always seems to be coming down on anyone else who doesn't have the EXACT SAME opinions as him

doesn't mean he doesn't contribute to the boards

but don't be such a d**k about it

especially when you, yourself, have no strong evidence to back most of your claims outside of masashi being a good pit

dskank

Smash Journeyman

Oh hi guys, you miss me?
i like the frame data thread being sticked though, that way its quicker to find; i think the only thing missing from the frame data thread is the frame advantage on grab release

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I didn't call him that that cuz of masashi I called him that because he always seems to be coming down on anyone else who doesn't have the EXACT SAME opinions as him

doesn't mean he doesn't contribute to the boards

but don't be such a d**k about it

especially when you, yourself, have no strong evidence to back most of your claims outside of masashi being a good pit
The only reason I came down on you guys was because none of you seemed to acknowledge the skill of the current best Pit main. Most of you said that Masashi would not place well if he came here, or that he would "get *****." I stand up for my beliefs, and Masashi can place well if he ever comes here. Yes, I called some of you haters, but at the time, I was pissed off that many of you did not even believe in your own character, nor even the best main of your character. I was not trying to come down on you because I felt like it, but to hopefully inspire you and see and believe that Pit is a great character, and that he can accomplish more than many of you seem to think.

I know this can be said for you TKO. You even admitted that you didn't feel confident playing Pit in tournament. Maybe if you start believeing in him more, you won't feel that way.

I know I'm not really good at this game, and I have never claimed that I was this "godly Pit player." I SUCK, and I have a lot of growth left. I am no where near some of the level you Pits are on, especially KiraFlax-he is amazing, along w/ many of you Pits.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
The only reason I came down on you guys was because none of you seemed to acknowledge the skill of the current best Pit main. Most of you said that Masashi would not place well if he came here, or that he would "get *****." I stand up for my beliefs, and Masashi can place well if he ever comes here. Yes, I called some of you haters, but at the time, I was pissed off that many of you did not even believe in your own character, nor even the best main of your character. I was not trying to come down on you because I felt like it, but to hopefully inspire you and see and believe that Pit is a great character, and that he can accomplish more than many of you seem to think.

I know this can be said for you TKO. You even admitted that you didn't feel confident playing Pit in tournament. Maybe if you start believeing in him more, you won't feel that way.

I know I'm not really good at this game, and I have never claimed that I was this "godly Pit player." I SUCK, and I have a lot of growth left. I am no where near some of the level you Pits are on, especially KiraFlax-he is amazing, along w/ many of you Pits.
I think what TKO is getting at is that you come down too hard on people in general, not anything to do with Masashi. It'd be different/somewhat tolerable if you had some reason to act like that but there isn't. The one or two people that "don't believe in Masashi" or whatever really have nothing to do with you or TKO's attitudes, so cool it, my bro. no need to lecture the other Pits, we've heard it now a hundred times. Postive reinforcement is the best way, not negatives (like you don't do this or you don't do that)

Keep practicing your guys' Pits, especially if you main him; keep doing what you do best. I want to see you guys take some tourneys by storm this year :)
like that.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
yeah Krys hit it and I don't use pit in tournament because MY kirby is better...and any match i would use pit in would just be a novelty

Pit vs (random scrub because i 2 stocked him first match)

its just no reason really...outside of camping snake

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I think what TKO is getting at is that you come down too hard on people in general, not anything to do with Masashi. It'd be different/somewhat tolerable if you had some reason to act like that but there isn't. The one or two people that "don't believe in Masashi" or whatever really have nothing to do with you or TKO's attitudes, so cool it, my bro. no need to lecture the other Pits, we've heard it now a hundred times. Postive reinforcement is the best way, not negatives (like you don't do this or you don't do that)

Keep practicing your guys' Pits, especially if you main him; keep doing what you do best. I want to see you guys take some tourneys by storm this year :)
like that.
yeah Krys hit it and I don't use pit in tournament because MY kirby is better...and any match i would use pit in would just be a novelty

Pit vs (random scrub because i 2 stocked him first match)

its just no reason really...outside of camping snake
Alright, I'll chill out, you're on to something. I'm just so used to my dad giving negative enforcement, that I forgot that being positive is better.

Pit 4 LYFE!!! We got this Pit bros, a Pit WILL win a national event next year, I second this.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I can't wait t`il I get back from uni to play Pit! ......any other Pit players in college/uni?

I lost in tourny to a ganondorf main.

Don't let this get you down. Stuff happens. I kind of take it as a lesson, that player skill is usually much more important than the character you are using. In a way its comforting since you know that winning or losing is up to you, and that the character you are using is more like an extension of your own unique style than anything else.

......of course some styles are a bit better than others (*cough* mk *cough*) but at a lower to medium level of play this isn't as huge of a deal.

im going to TAG this weekend and there are going to be some big show ups. Lets hope i place with Pit! i will not use marth.

GoOd LuCk!

Top Bottom