• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Yes!! Great game! I am probably gonna get the PSP version.
I'm playing FES and PSP at the same time lol. FES is so much harder....Well I'm playing hard mode in FES and Portable. But when I switch to female story line I'll pick maniac mode. No 2nd play through continuation. Well 4 is a bit easier and doesn't make you go insane. Nonetheless they are fantastic games.

D

Deleted member

The draw of the PSP version is the female storyline for me. I wonder how that will work.

Probably will be the same story, only you can date guys now. :/

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Hmmm so pit has the 6th largest Shield? Here is some data collecting.

Bowser: 15
King D3: ??
Ganon: 12
DK: 11.6
Samus: 10.5
Robot: 10.4
Pit: 10 /ZSS: 10
Marth: 9.8
Snake/Captain/Ike: 9.6
Zelda: 9.5
G&W: 9.3
Peach/ Shiek: 9.2
Sonic: 9
Falco: 8.9
Fox/ Link: 8.7
Luigi: 8.6
Lucario: 8.3
Wario: 8.2
Ness/ Tink / Jiggs: 8
MK: 7.8
Wolf/Mario: 7.7
Lucas/ Pikmin: 7.6
Popo: 7.5
Diddy: 7.2
Kirby/ pikachu: 7
Yoshi: 6

Maybe this Deserves a separate thread. Considering Pits running speed + his large (Sliding) shield, he can penetrate zone camping (Walls) Fairly well.

Maybe on the General thread, A speed list and etc.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Anybody know where the roll-length data thread is? That could be really important in deciding which matchups Angel Ring is actually practical, since I know some rolls aren't long enough to successfully go behind it. I think M2K mentioned this a while ago.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Earth outplaced Koolaid. and Earth beat the opponent that he was unable to do so.
Watching Brood beat M2K has just given me confidence to play again. =)
So we can actually drop of how Japan is inferior to us now. They're legit and should learn ideas from them.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You know, because of DEHF and BROOD, there's going to be more Olimars/Falcos due to your classic "high-ranking underrated character-using player" bandwagons.

Because of this, we need to get ready and face these characters more often, who are 2 of Pit's bad matchups.

EDIT: We should also learn from Japan in hopes that we can improve more. It wouldn't hurt to try.

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
and if Earth is second best in Japan... and he out places kool-aid. We definitely need to learn stuff from Japan.

I seriously want to step up my game as Pit now. I have consistently been placing better to each tournament I have been going to.. from not making past pools to reaching 7th place at my latest tourney. It's a slow but sure improvement on my Pit game.

btw Gadiel we should totally have a Pitto ;P the tourney I went at had 3 pits and I beat one of em in the tourney (he wasnt a push-over) so we should brawl sometime. I so far otherwise will think I am best Pit in Illinois >.>

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
its really that bad huh? :o Olimar is a toughie to fight that is for sure.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It is thankful that I am gathering some data about said character, and then we can improve, and find ways and exploit Olimar's weaknesses. Surprisingly, some Oli mains from somewhere say it's 55:45 their advantage instead of 60:40, but that's where I go in and do more research.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
It is thankful that I am gathering some data about said character, and then we can improve, and find ways and exploit Olimar's weaknesses. Surprisingly, some Oli mains from somewhere say it's 55:45 their advantage instead of 60:40, but that's where I go in and do more research.
Well if you think of it like this, oli's have to approach pit more. Oli's don't shut down our air game. Knock oli off stage, we are good at that point and shouldn't let olimar recover.

Olimar pikimin don't have priority. So we can fight him there. If he likes to punish grab out of shield, cross him up, We are close enough to just jab him out of his grab.

Oli is really short and his opponents are limited to a ground game. He is strong and K.O. pit easily. Being close range to olimar is maybe the problem. But just like some basic play, he camps and smashes/grab when close - mid ranged.

I really don't see why this matchup is 60:40.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
i did really good id say almost got out second round of pools pretty much it was between me and inui to get third seed. I beat inui in our pool matches and we had the same set score but he had 1 more game win on blue rouge who we both lost to. i beat some really good people in mms too. ; Will, San, almost beat holy nightmare's meta, logic, tusm, smurf, jband's metaknight, and RAIN!!!!! the japanese player, also got close to beating atomsk's ddd. it was an amazing tourny and im also going to super con. at super con im gunna make it out of pools for sure.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
...Vocal...you also didnt realize you could grab diddys peanuts :-p but yeah Pit has a f-throw on snake. dk, ddd , and other characters i just forget :)

D

Deleted member

F-throw is pretty legit.

But can Up-throw KO? Isn't it the strongest throw he has?

Coffee™

I need it....
Pit beats Oli close up. He just kinda loses hard at mid range and Falco is like even. Side B does silly stuff to both his recoveries.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Pit, who's close game consists of jabs or slow tilts out does one of the best IF NOT the best ground character in the game. I find it a bit hard to believe.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Pit's dtilt comes out at the same frame as his fsmash and dsmash tho his ftilt is pretty slow but all the rest i think are good so i could see pit being good close to oli; mid range i dont rlly know what we have over oli since he has good mid range =/ and in the air we should be fine and if he gets off the level :)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You know, having a huge matchup discussion on a separate thread would be better, with tons of details... I'll gather data my own way, however.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Played an Olimar today, and yeah I guess the close range game isn't too bad. It's just getting to that position which causes the problem. :<

*playing pit again*

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
but im not trying to have a MU discussion here =[ it just came up lol but guys how'd you all like / do at APEX?? I was soo happy that Larry won tho i couldnt be there =[

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I didn't go, wanted to. xD But well my schedule prevented me from doing so.

I think the only big tournament I'll be making soon will be MLG Dallas ;D

Top Bottom