• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
The way the northern part of the state looked. I mean...
Had cops getting scared ****less out of a black neighborhood gas station (bunch of gansta' pimp guys with the spinning rims, pipes and pants down to their ankles LOL)
The white hicks at each gas station we went by (ugh, so gross the way they tend them, so lonely and ugly looking them gas stations >_<)
The roads were horrible on the interstate.
The cities are dull looking.
Traffic was nuts.

I mean, just traveling through it sucked, not so sure about it overall. Just terrible experience going through it.

Texas on the other hand... Was hot. Like, awesome-hot. With a bit of :awesome:face in it. And stuff.

Except the ROADS were so damn confusing. LOL.

I'm so damn descriptive ain't I? :0

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
yo I kinda miss you fyre...just saying

and lol 5th I can't break the 9th place curse (4th place in doubles.)

Purple

Hi guys!
"Went into this tournament as a pit main and got slaughtered by a rob of FD. Any advice on moves and stage selection for pit so when I go back I don't disgrace pit again?"

-Brisinger581

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs &amp; FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
"Went into this tournament as a pit main and got slaughtered by a rob of FD. Any advice on moves and stage selection for pit so when I go back I don't disgrace pit again?"

-Brisinger581
If I say provide wrong information, someone feel free to correct me. But I would say properly spaced Nair and Fair would counteract a lot of ROB's options. And then there's the always-fun arrow camping. If you can read when the ROB is gonna use that laser and gyro you won't have a problem if he tries to camp back. Watch out for the tilts (such as Ftilt and Dtilt) because they come out pretty quickly. ROB will most often try to kill with Nair and Bair, but never rule out Usmash and Fsmash as an option if they read you correctly. Hope this helps so you'll go back and stomp the next ROB's ***.

^.^

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
@Fyre. Kirby in singles

I have yet to go all pit yet...I'm probably going to do that next tourney

or half and half.

Purple

Hi guys!
don't force yourself to go all pit. This game works off of counterpicks and such, and since it allows you generally to take the advantage, why would you purposely pull away from these for the sake of using one character?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Pit vs Rob, Nair ***** his shield, Arrow's angled at his head destroy's his options. If he spot dodges slow jab. Feel a Laser coming at you you can Pivot down B of Power shield it, Bigger laser meaning it's easier to see coming. Choices of recovering glide to the ledge. DON'T glide towards rob he can Up-smash you. Avoid using WoI unless you're sure you're gonna get the ledge, See a gyro ignore it not worth the 5% if you plan on Z catching it incorrectly. Arrow him off stage make him waste his gas. Up-Smash OoS when he's next to you. Always try to keep him above you, and punish his airdodges with Pivot grabs. Dtilt is good vs rob. At 0% you can Grab throw forward Buffer sliding up-smash which does 23%-31%. Save F-smash for killing move. Arrows are you friend he's a big target abuse it a lot. Watch out for Nair, F-smash Angled Down, Up-smash, and bair around killing percents aka Nair would be 117%, F-smash would be 86%, Up-smash would be 105%, and Bair would be 124%. Cp's FD, BF, RC, Frigate and Delfino. Bans, Yoshi's, Ps1 and Brinstar.

Wingless

Smash Cadet
Hmmm....while we're asking about tourney play...
What do you guys do against G&W? Tx has a few good G&W mains and whenever I see them in bracket...it's kind of a slaughter. D :
I mean...edge camping doesn't work regardless...but what else could you do? I get out prioritized a lot..

Nitrix

Smash Ace
vs ROB

- Arrows. Lots. of. arrows

- N-Air and U-Air are great for juggling him / pressuring shield. ROB is a big target and not too fast in the air. Pit can shieldpoke him pretty well

- Watch out for his offensive air game. ROB can really hurt Pit if he gets you in the right position offstage.

- Remember his blindspot beneath him.

- Versus alot of projectile spammers like ROB it can be wise to SH arrow spam with Pit. Its alot easier to hit Pit with a lazer if he is standing still. If you SH arrow, you're less likely to get hit, while hitting ROB is still easy.

vs G&W

- I find this matchup hard too,
thats why I go Diddy
. I've heard that letting him get a full bucket when you are at KO percentages and then camping him hard can be okay. I've never tried it though.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
don't force yourself to go all pit. This game works off of counterpicks and such, and since it allows you generally to take the advantage, why would you purposely pull away from these for the sake of using one character?
Or you could learn ur own characters cp's to gain an advantage :awesome: but ya i think i get what u were trying to say. If your put in a bad spot for x char dont be afraid to swtich or if you're doin bad dont feel obligated to stay. But still u never learn nearly as well if you dont go that char in tourney as they flip a certain "switch" in everyone. If its a cheap local tourney do it for the fun and practice. Then come big tourney time you know alot more about ur own character.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Pit is a cool character, and advancing his metagame is fun. Playing tough match-ups to try and find little ways to get an edge is usually practical and helpful.

But don't purposefully put yourself in a bad position if money is on the line lol

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Pit is a cool character, and advancing his metagame is fun. Playing tough match-ups to try and find little ways to get an edge is usually practical and helpful.

But don't purposefully put yourself in a bad position if money is on the line lol
OH NO $5 :( lol. $5=training 10+ = time for the bizness.

oh and what u said x10 it is fun showing ppl what pit can do. especially metaknight players <3

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
You want to play real safe against g&w. Get the damage in slowly, don't try any fancy stuff. G&W can punish so hard even a whiffed aerial that it's not even funny.

Don't ever use fsmash after he's over 50% until he's in death%, keep it fresh, because you don't want to screw the kill on this character.

Avoid being above him at all cost, because he will a)uair you to f*ck up your momentum, b)nair string you (this hurts more than it looks) c)upB which isn't that big a deal but is annoying and fast d)punish your landing, possibly hard. Take your time, go for the ledge if you have to.

I think kuro said something about Utilt beating his Dair, but honestly I never try it. Usmash is just as good as reaches its highest point sooner than utilt. Usmash only if he's slow-falling dair, though, or you'll trade hits and get more % than him. Uair beats his dair extremely well, aim for the side of uair and you will never get hit. Some g&w rely heavily on that move, so teaching them a good lesson (no dair 4 u) can provide you with an opening.

Remember that aside from utilt your grounded moves are pretty slow; throwing a jab just to see it being outprioritized is really painful. Again, reset the situation and roll away if you have to.

IMO Fair and bair actually are useful in this match-up. I use SH retreating fair and bair to arrow mindgames (charge the arrow? release it? don't arrow at all and run2grab?)

Now, about arrows. I'd say DO NOT FILL HIS BUCKET UNLESS YOU HAVE A FULL STOCK LEAD. That's just my opinion though.
Sure it'll hinder him since he can't absorb arrows. But I don't consider it that big an advantage. The fact that he can't bucket brake is good, I have to admit. That's why I think if you're not in "bucket KO range" (over 30% I'd say) and he is around 80%, that's an okay option. He'll die real quick from a fresh fsmash this way. BUT it gives him a way to kill you at ridiculous %, making it a risky bet (that I personally never make)
Otherwise, you can use arrows to punish some moves, and to catch him off guard, but never more than one or two at a time. Try to mix it up too.

Finally, and the most general advice I can give about this m-u: you need to know exactly what you can punish with what. Shielding a dsmash to die from another dsmash because your jab is too slow is annoying.

that's my two cent from my experience with a really agressive g&w

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
vs G&W Oh God... Well I Can say is if he whiffs and aerial and has landing lag, arrow. F-smash is your primary killing move. Up-smash is your second. Slow jabbing is good vs him, you have to play patient vs him or you're gonna get aggravated and rush in and die. FD isn't a good stage to play vs him.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
@Gerty Pit and Kirby have like the same bad matchups

and for the matchups that aren't that bad I dont know them with pit

like Kirby vs GaW is disgusting

but Pit vs Gaw probably isnt like unwinnable like it is with kirby..however I don't know the matchup with Pit so it is still unwinnable...lol

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
tbh, I think Kirby does so much better than Pit. Idk why... G&W shut's down our planking and camping. I Usually go IC's or Mk vs him.

Currently I'm trying to figure out what we can do vs him. I know that if he dair's and misses that's a free arrow. Up-smash OoS works well vs him. F-smash is the primary killing move vs him. Stage choices.. Idk.. I've only played G&W's on FD and Ps1. I think Ps1 is a good stage. Edge hogging him would put him under the ledge thus falling to his death the ceiling changes as the stage changes. Some of the changes give us a time to think.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Hi, people I've seen in various places around the boards that also post in the Pit GD.

Hey!!
I wanted to know - do any of you want to go to WHOBO 3? 'Cause we can find housing for you think you can. It's March 18-20
The group I'm going with has like, four spots left open and it's like...a fifteen minute drive from the actual venue. Money for the hotel is $35 though.
You guys should PM me about this, btw.(lol, Wingless' activity)

We have the guaranteed 4 spots, $35 each, 15 minutes from the venue.
I have a car to put people in and can pick up from the airport if you arrive anytime on the Thursday before and can drive back as long as you leave Sunday evening.
(really, though, if all four spots get filled, we will be crammed in my car because there are 3 spots in the back, so it may be a bit of a tough ride)

Hell yeah! Another pit main in the Houston area with me and Esca! That's awesome!!
I main Pit now.:cool:
All Pit 2v2 dubs MM (I get to team with Esca)

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
G&W is troublesome. I wouldn't take him him to Lylat though because of the low ceiling. He doesn't need to kill use earlier with his Upsmash k thanks :p

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
GW is most definitely GW's advantage, but only by a slight margin. I can't really much more than that. He definitely makes it harder for Pit then Marth does, who I think personally is closer to even. so... yea :/

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I don't think PS1 is a good stage, he can use that never ending dtilt through the edge of the stage and beats our edge game even more. Delfino might be a good choice.

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
I really think there should be more videos of good Pit players. >_>
Also WTF at those guys who think the Pit/Marth MU is even. Or maybe it's just that like all top players in Europe main Marth.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I really think there should be more videos of good Pit players. >_>
Also WTF at those guys who think the Pit/Marth MU is even. Or maybe it's just that like all top players in Europe main Marth.
Its a high learning curve but it is close to even...i understand how ya feel.

Top Bottom