• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
If you get around to killing percent against G&W, sometimes its not a bad idea to fire arrows even if he gets a full bucket. Camping against him works decently, and the bucket trade-off can be worth it since you force him to approach.

MK is the only character that drives me crazy. WHY CANT PIT DO ANYTHING ABOUT TORNADO FFS. I hate losing against noob metaknights who spam tornado, shuttle loop, dsmash and d-air. I just lost to one on wifi who used tornado for the entire match. Its like yea I know how to use Pit, but it feels like it doesn't matter how I play because he will just nado me and theres nothing I can do Q_Q

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It's wifi.

If you can't stop tornado offline, you need to get a friend over and have him spam tornado on your *** all day long along with those other moves, or you're gunna haaaate life when it comes tourney time.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Happy New Year to you too, Suyon ^__^!

@Nitrix: Well, Shielding through it helps if you tilt the Shield upwards. It helps you Shield against it longer ^__^. Then try to punish him for the Nado if he lags from the fall, if he doesn't lag, run away and let your shield charge.... But yeah, MK Nado is the pits. I hate it too XD. Anyways, good luck finding a way to shield and punish it ^__^!

link2702

Smash Champion
couldn't pits pivot grab(and many other characters..) grab meta out of the nado cuz of the extended range?

other then taht, cant really think of anything else that could work against nado with pit.... ;_;

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Shield nado, we can't do anything unless we're above it. If you're confident and the nado is coming from afar, you can jump and shoot an arrow into the top and he'll probably buffer a side b for you to punish. Other than that just shield until he is done. If he runs away with it after you shield get in an arrow and if he's close then grab. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Good year to you too
and to everyone else x3

But this pivot grab idea isn't bad, try it out. I think marth's pivot grab allows him to do that, I can't say for pit.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Good year to you too
and to everyone else x3

But this pivot grab idea isn't bad, try it out. I think marth's pivot grab allows him to do that, I can't say for pit.
im pretty sure its strict spacing with Pits if at all possible.

also

HAPPY NEW YEAR PITS.LETS ALL STEP IT UP IN 2011

Esca

Smash Champion
Well, I see this all the time. I thought you were talking about a regular footstool lol.
Nah, not a literal one. The only reason I say to do this is because of the fact that it's the best option.

But on another note, if the MK is approaching with tornado, if you shoot an arrow straight and shake your directional stick up then down really fast it'll hit the top of the tornado and out prioritize it.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ya i already saw that above thing. that would be great with our utilt.

sheiks must be ****tin their pants in happiness right now. Ftilt all day.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
I dont actually think it will change a lot. Mks will just tornado high above the jab, though we have utilt. Maybe it will have a greater impact in general. Like with Falco. Broken jab and good reach with it.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I think the weakest part of dsmash (front part, far from pit) can lock at really low %. I don't know if it's like ftilt, which gives an animation that only looks like a lock but isn't one.
Can someone double check?

It'd be our only grounded "locking" move, and at low percent and with strict spacing too. Combined with the footstool>lock setup (weak bair one iirc), you'd have dsmash>walking uncharged fsmash, for about 45%
I tried this with the foostool lock set up and it works. It does 50%~, but requires strict spacing on he fair/bair lock or you'll sweetspot the dsmash and the opponent won't be locked. Dsmash also knocks them away to far for a walking fsmash as well and you can only get in a grab/dash attack/arrow. I think its more practical to charge an fsmash. Though this footstool combo isn't really that practical to begin with lol.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I dont actually think it will change a lot. Mks will just tornado high above the jab, though we have utilt. Maybe it will have a greater impact in general. Like with Falco. Broken jab and good reach with it.
The whole skill itself isnt gonna change much for any of the characters. But with mk bein frame safe any way you can get punish is another way added to your arsenal. which is VERY important.

to answer L4L you can do all tilts and possibly a grab not sure if pit can grab or not.

also....im trying to decide what song to try and learn on the piano next and cant think of any i want 2...any ideas? :o

Edit:nvm i decided to learn akeboshi wind gotta love that beat.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Boy you better learn suteki da ne

And are you sure you can do a move as laggy as ftilt?
what is possible and what is plausible are two different things my friend :) which is why i gave our best options for it earlier. and ya ima learn that song after to zanarkand <3 have you hear the orchestra do suteki da ne? its epically beautiful T_T

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Yup, I love it. I was actually just listening to the music theater in FFX. Most amazing game in my opinion. I'm trying to learn how to get music hacks so I can add some of these songs to my stages in brawl.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I got a couple of Sets of My pit finally

I lost both of the sets but they were all 2-1...lol

TKbro vs Slikvik 1
TKbro vs Slikvik 2
TKbro vs Slikvik 3

and

TKbro vs. Coney 1
TKbro vs. Coney 2
TKbro vs. Coney 3

Say what you want about the videos or my pit or whatever

but I don't want a bunch of obvious *** advice...or advice that would make it look like you looking down on me when you yourself don't place well in tourney. (not directed at anyone just in general i hate that)

few notes tho

-Don't get walled by wario
-I use mirror shield alot because I'm trying to learn more about it. and it serves as an air-block for me.
I'm back ;) :awesome: :reverse: :cool:

Your Pit is actually pretty good; the only things I'd say is that you throw out too many attacks randomly at times and you are too aggressive at times and your whiffed moves get you punished.

This board is no fun without drama. Where can I start? lol :D

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Oh ya jus sayin cuz i remember some Pits complaining about GaW's dair. Our utilt beats it. I got video proof as well. Some of you probably already know that. But time it and our utilt wins every time.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I've tried to tell you people for 2 YEARS that you need more utilt!
2 most underused moves are moves that i use ALOT infinite jab and utilt. Yall seriously do not understand how good infinite jab is in soooooo many matchups...**** combos into itself and everything.

Esca

Smash Champion
Jab is super good, i just don't find myself using it very often.

Hey, someone whose good at the PSC thing. Could someone test if upb works out of it? If it does with Pit, then it'll cancel the nado and we get a free ANYTHING.

Top Bottom