• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
what he said, Prince Ramen = best pit :reverse:
He's like "pew pew pew" and then it goes like this

:ledge::pit:

While thats going on he steals your chips and makes tacos for everyone in the venue except you. Then you just have to ragequit so you can have one of his amazing tacos too.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
Ode to Ramen - by Ugg

"The life of being trolled sucks."

This is one quote of the best Pit main of all time, Ramen.

I'm here today to honor the one and only Prince Ramen. He's a genius. Not only does Ramen have an IQ that needs to be measured in scientific notation, he can think his way to the moon and back while simultaneously proving the existence of God. Blindfolded.

The only reason Ramen doesn't have devastating tournament results in every nation is because every TO in the world was informed to not let this deity within a 500-foot radius of their venue. Prince Ramen doesn't even have to be playing the tournament in order to win. Ramen is able to JV-4 stock the TO, Round 1 bye, and any contestant possible all at once in a 1v3 while they have TA off.

Prince Ramen won a tournament only using Pit's Down B and a portion of his 123489234 jumps. Ramen's post-tournament hobbies include searching for more tournaments, signing up for more tournaments, and winning more tournaments. The only reason Ramen isn't the richest man in the world due to the collective sum of all of his tournament winnings is because of government taxes. This is partly why Prince Ramen also believes in dictatorship.

Don't **** with Ramen.

edit: Ramen's tacos are so good that they impregnate women once their tongue comes in contact with them.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
ROB is a weird character and I'm not sure if Pit is better....It feels like there is a big difference between amateur and pro ROB's.

......Who is Ramen o_o

link2702

Smash Champion
lol i dont see how we could do that
a player can get a bad name, but i dont see how it would reflect on the char they play
oh trust me...it happend before.....one single user single handedly gave EVERY SINGLE pit player in brawl a bad name, "always the pit mains" was created strictly cuz of him....

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
ROB is a weird character and I'm not sure if Pit is better....It feels like there is a big difference between amateur and pro ROB's.

......Who is Ramen o_o
This guy. He makes amazing tacos.
Trying to compare Pit and ROB is pretty pointless, both are far too underrepped.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I hate that troll face....I don't even know why >_o

lol @ always the Pit mains. Its funny how that stuff spreads
i feel so out of the loop atm....:glare:

SInce R@vyn left Ramen is pretty much best Pit in Fl atm i think but R@vyn was at a higher level than him b4 he quit so idk what i do know is we Fl pits got the ppl to train us better than any other state ;D so we gonna rise up

i actually think im with Ramen in skill level but he has much more mu and tourney experience than me since he started b4 me and used pit looooong b4 i did. i only picked up Pit in like August i think xD

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
i feel so out of the loop atm....:glare:

SInce R@vyn left Ramen is pretty much best Pit in Fl atm i think but R@vyn was at a higher level than him b4 he quit so idk what i do know is we Fl pits got the ppl to train us better than any other state ;D so we gonna rise up

i actually think im with Ramen in skill level but he has much more mu and tourney experience and tacos than me since he started b4 me and used pit looooong b4 i did. i only picked up Pit in like August i think xD
Fixed.

:ledge::104:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Im going to be putting a lot of effort into Pit here soon, guys. I'd like your guys' honest opinion on my matchup and analysis of Pit, good and bad, in the next couple of days. I really want to help Pit's metagame, and I'm doing a write up on Pit VS Oli for that thread. It may be flawed, considering most of it is theorycraft rather than experience. I hope to remedy that.

( I also wanna be the best. That no one ever was )

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
*sigh* you guys ... i dont even know where to start..
In all honesty it's not worth starting. Just ....do your best out there. A name for all pit players has nothing to do with anyone.

I wanna see some pits in top 5 in Fl in 64 Bracket tourneys soon.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
*sigh* you guys ... i dont even know where to start..
In all honesty it's not worth starting. Just ....do your best out there. A name for all pit players has nothing to do with anyone.

I wanna see some pits in top 5 in Fl in 64 Bracket tourneys soon.
U got it boss :cool:

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
FL has 64 man bracket tourneys? =/ I only remember gigs....which was terrible and...FAST and then there was winterfest which was also terrible...FL sucks :awesome:

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Actually don't settle for anything less than 1st place. Do whatever it takes for that title/money.

I actually don't expect it but I would like if you strived for it.
Aim for the moon if you miss your amongst stars -- type thing.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Your not really watching it if you really think that.
Don't look at what he's just doing, you have to watch his responses to certain situations but Earth isn't that good against mashashi. His pit is inferior and I feel like masashi essentially taught him pit, so he went into the match having doubts probably. So going shiek and knowing what he's up against he just fell apart.

link2702

Smash Champion
why do folks still think you should be "flashy" with pit using arrow loops and the like =__= thsoe silly arrrow tricks american pits constantly do all the time are part of the reason our character here is near the bottom of middle tier, and japans is in high tier

our character was given one of the greatest projectiles in the gmae, yet folks seem to refuse to use it, or to use it properly/effectively...arrow looping and tricks have time and time again, proven to be more or less a flashy gimmick, as opposed to truely being effective....

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i dont arrow loop at all its mostly pointless only times ive found it useful is the rare mindgaming ppl into an airdodge which leaves them open for a fsmahs or bair and i quit doing that ages ago yet idk i feel like masashi's particular style wouldnt do great in american ruleset and against our players...jus sayin we are a bit better at the smart aggression style. Not saying he wouldnt do good i just dont think he could win as much as he does in japan.

what i have taken from masashi though is how he uses arrows in a like interesting way at times using them as a fear tactic and idk how to explain it...its uhhh nvm

@Link if u r talkin about skank he never said anything about bein flashy he just said it was very simple but i do agree with no american pits have actually mastered pit like m2k has mastered mk or glutonny wario or mr.r/leon/mikehaze marth, or adhd diddy. case and point.

link2702

Smash Champion
eh....well its just anytiem i see someone bring up something saying japans pits are boring or soemthing along those lines, 90% of the time those same said people are the ones trying to act like arrow looping is the 'supa legit awsomez tactic" for pit to learn, when its pretty much just a gimmick.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I actually learned a lot from Masashi, lol...

And I don't use arrow looping unless I'm aiming to hit the arrow because it missed the first time around. It's as simple as that. Only arrow loop for mind games and combos, don't arrow loop just because you want to or "can"(which some people disguise as "mind-games".)

I learned from Masashi that dash-attack is one of the best punishes you can use against a falling opponent. I learned that giving spot on arrow **** is the key to victory via gimping/ledge-guarding. I learned that to be patient is to find victory in your opponent's mistakes.

I think I can take the best of both worlds. I love Japanese pits, and I love my own style (which I use on my own not because it's flashy, I HATE it when people say **** like OMG yea that flashy **** will win tournaments alright, sure all sarcastic, when it's NOT being flashy, that is apart of my style, I aim an arrow, and it WILL either hit or pressure you into your sheild/air or spotdodge.

IMO, best matchups for arrow looping use are smaller more defensive characters that aren't as air-mobile. The spacies are perfect examples, they have reflectors, but you can punish Falco's reflector with good spacing and looping. (not neccessarily looping around the stage). You can also punish fox's reflector with anything but an arrow but you're forcing him into it half the time with arrows (which you can loop around, and yes, even around the stage to hit him with it while you approach)

There's nothing wrong with arrow looping; there IS something wrong when the person doesn't use it appropriately.

Also, I don't think there is anyone at all that has mastered Pit. Not even the Japanese. But they're pretty **** close. The only problem is, our players here don't have enough resiliance and consistency.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
I agree with krystedez for the most part but I think your exaggerating the use for arrow looping. I'm actually appalled that coming to the 3rd year since brawl's release that this is even still a topic to discuss.

People like Link have a harsh standpoint of arrow looping as a never do thing because of the pass failures and Hey look this is cool that it attracted, which is nothing wrong for casual players or people on wifi which seems to be a lot of player's source of information which isn't accurate at all.

Kuro and Kry, arrow looping CAN pressure into situations but the counter argument for it's uses are there are USUALLY better things to do in MOST situations so it's discouraged as these moments in time aren't taken advantage of properly and mistakes are made, like allowing your opponent to return to the stage peacefully.

A second arrow will come out faster than a looped arrow. There can be an argument on accuracy which is something I don't really want to get into.

Now as for the mindgames aspect definately; but you capitalize on the situation better with arrow chains. *Like a double arrow loop just more stable and faster*

To summarize I'm just saying that arrow looping shouldn't be ruled out, but it also shouldn't be the very first thing to consider. In a competitive aspect.

Now about masashi, Kuro I agree with you, but what masashi does well that most people don't catch is his ability to adapt to situations while keeping his cool, and he's ruthless with his camping. He treats every stock like it's his last, and that is a talent that won't go unrecognized if he played americans. IMO he would rank with the US top players like brood did.

LEEGO! RP is back!

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
He treats every stock like it's his last, and that is a talent that won't go unrecognized if he played americans. IMO he would rank with the US top players like brood did.

LEEGO! RP is back!
This Plus Earth got into brackets at Apex 2010, No Doubt Masashi would've too. I really like his pit no matter what people say, that it's simple or what not thing is he gets the job done. Red Pit All Day.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
but I think your exaggerating the use for arrow looping. I'm actually appalled that coming to the 3rd year since brawl's release that this is even still a topic to discuss.

I don't think I am. I incorporate arrow looping into my defensive play when a normal arrow won't allow me to pressure the opponent well enough, and there WILL be situations, and plenty of them, when a second arrow just gets you punished (looping an arrow is NOT that hard, in fact, it comes second nature and ONLY time it hurts me is when I deliberately loop an arrow while I'm getting hit, which reduces your survivability because you can't DI AND loop at the same time). It does matter against certain matchups too, like say, Metaknight, I don't think it's profitable to use Arrow looping, but against Falco or Fox, I think it is.

There is a time and place for everything, mainly what I'm trying to say. In fact, when looked at correctly, there is no reason we can't discuss arrow looping. It's not like I'm trying to make it more than it is, I simply don't want people to look down on me because I'm trying do play my own way. I don't care if person A thinks arrow looping is a bad tactic, as long as person A doesn't push their views of a scenario that has brought me success in the past (i.e., Wario's bike). It's that kind of pressure I don't want to have.

arrow looping CAN pressure into situations but the counter argument for it's uses are there are USUALLY better things to do in MOST situations so it's discouraged as these moments in time aren't taken advantage of properly and mistakes are made, like allowing your opponent to return to the stage peacefully.
I disagree. While I am arrow looping, I can immediately follow an opponent either with a glide or a WoI refresh-follow up off stage and be just as safe if I were to not arrow loop and follow them. In other words, people think arrow looping instantly makes you stuck on that one thing, whereas I loop while battling. There is no point to looping arrows otherwise, unless you're on the ledge camping. (the ONLY time you should be sitting still)

I believe arrow looping is a good tactic for me because I generally feel at ease and avoid punishes because I'm making the opponent aware that I can arrow loop and hit them if they don't try to avoid it. Countless times I've arrow looped, the arrow hit their shield or made them spot dodge or move in such a way that I can punish what they're doing immediately... I don't just arrow loop and sit there.

I won't argue you on accuracy, but I will argue that missing the first arrow, there is other options you could be doing instead of using a second arrow. The whole point of a second arrow is that you hit them with the first and keep it going. That's what annoys opponents the most, is that once they're hit, they can't stop being hit. If you "try" to pelt them with a second arrow, you're just reducing your chances of even hitting them in the first place. Either hit the first, or start over after a refresh of your thought processes. Don't hold back though, once you've hit the first.

Granted, I'm not suggesting every Pit should look to arrow looping at all, it definitely is not something I'd encourage that people look at first, just like I tell people, don't learn how to use Wario's bike before you learn how to use Wario. I feel like I'm at that point.

EDIT: Sorry for the long *** post...

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Understandable, and your completely entitled to your opinion. Whether I agree or disagree is undoubtedly irrelevant but I request you post a few tournament matches in which these skills you discussed are presented in such a fashion.

Top Bottom