• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
r@vyn your ignorant to the wario matchup. I have played four different respectable warios: poptop, phantomx, dmg, and CY...

let me tell you...pit doesnt have the advantage.
^ QFT

So he cant say that i should stop gettin ***** by Wario especially when Pit has the Disadvantage. Oli is a good Wario anyways, I'd always expect a challenge from him, and an old Wario I played before named Bassem.

As I said before, I will contribute to the Wario matchup, currently ratio'd at 60-40 Pit's Disadvantage, as soon as I get the clips from Oli who used the replay hack to record our 5 matches, with me only winning 1 outta those (Bad matchup for Pit).

@ R@vyn
Get Kowned!

Coffee™

I need it....
r@vyn your ignorant to the wario matchup. I have played four different respectable warios: poptop, phantomx, dmg, and CY...

let me tell you...pit doesnt have the advantage.
I never said Pit has the advantage I just said I think it may be evenish / stage dependant, and even then I still said I could be wrong. Thats why I wanted P.X to post why he thinks its so bad so I can hear more about it.

So he cant say that i should stop gettin ***** by Wario especially when Pit has the Disadvantage. Oli is a good Wario anyways, I'd always expect a challenge from him, and an old Wario I played before named Bassem.
Lol wifi. Oli is good but when I played him it was always last stock high percent and even then I misplayed a ton because of the lag. Regardless though he never "*****" me.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Everyone always wants me to write walls of text. One of these days I'll have to stop avoiding it and actually doing so.

Also, Admiral Pit, the reason you were getting grab releases is b/c the Wario was mashing out. Pit doesn't dangle Wario above the ground so you don't get a guaranteed grab release, meaning you get no guaranteed kill moves.

Pit's arrow game is very limited vs the likes of Wario b/c not only can he close the distance incredibly quickly, but he can attack through the uncharged ones (fair in particular comes to mind). Pit has **** for options once Wario gets inside your comfort zone. His grabs **** Pit (b/c Pit's grab range is absolutely abysmal and his smash attacks don't have almost any push back), Wario's dair trades hits with Pit's uptilt, and the jabs are easily SDIable into punishment. If you try to Side B him out and fail to hit with it, you are fully vulnerable to wafting.

But yeah, most of Wario's close quarters game vs Pit will consist of grab **** and probably neutral air or jab cancel combos. Wario's jab clashes with half your moveset and ftilt beats like all of it. When you're offstage, you really have very little options aside from gliding or going under the stage unless you want to risk taking a lot of damage (Warios can abuse ledge invincibility to backair through your entire moveset, or use the Waft while invincible, usually I get hit when trying to grab the ledge). Pit dies pretty early to any of Wario's fresh kill moves b/c he's a lighty

Pit can sort of ledgecamp, but if you're not ABSOLUTELY careful, you risk getting stage spiked via backair or strong nair or fair or something. Pit's only semi-saving grace in this matchup is his brickwalling. He can space with fairs to make it troublesome for the Wario to get into that comfort zone, but, since it's not a move that covers every part of Pit's hurtbox, it's not good enough (like say, GW's nair). Pit has no guaranteed kill moves on Wario, so you're left hoping for a lucky fsmash or lucky sweetspotted backair... and even then it doesn't kill til like 160+, when you're dying 40% or more earlier.

That's all off the top of my head.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Everyone always wants me to write walls of text. One of these days I'll have to stop avoiding it and actually doing so.

Also, Admiral Pit, the reason you were getting grab releases is b/c the Wario was mashing out. Pit doesn't dangle Wario above the ground so you don't get a guaranteed grab release, meaning you get no guaranteed kill moves.

Pit's arrow game is very limited vs the likes of Wario b/c not only can he close the distance incredibly quickly, but he can attack through the uncharged ones (fair in particular comes to mind). Pit has **** for options once Wario gets inside your comfort zone. His grabs **** Pit (b/c Pit's grab range is absolutely abysmal and his smash attacks don't have almost any push back), Wario's dair trades hits with Pit's uptilt, and the jabs are easily SDIable into punishment. If you try to Side B him out and fail to hit with it, you are fully vulnerable to wafting.

But yeah, most of Wario's close quarters game vs Pit will consist of grab **** and probably neutral air or jab cancel combos. Wario's jab clashes with half your moveset and ftilt beats like all of it. When you're offstage, you really have very little options aside from gliding or going under the stage unless you want to risk taking a lot of damage (Warios can abuse ledge invincibility to backair through your entire moveset, or use the Waft while invincible, usually I get hit when trying to grab the ledge). Pit dies pretty early to any of Wario's fresh kill moves b/c he's a lighty

Pit can sort of ledgecamp, but if you're not ABSOLUTELY careful, you risk getting stage spiked via backair or strong nair or fair or something. Pit's only semi-saving grace in this matchup is his brickwalling. He can space with fairs to make it troublesome for the Wario to get into that comfort zone, but, since it's not a move that covers every part of Pit's hurtbox, it's not good enough (like say, GW's nair). Pit has no guaranteed kill moves on Wario, so you're left hoping for a lucky fsmash or lucky sweetspotted backair... and even then it doesn't kill til like 160+, when you're dying 40% or more earlier.

That's all off the top of my head.
Of course Pit can't ledgecamp, his options are beaten by either Bite or F-tilt, and arrows are easily blocked. He can only try to play defensive by spacing with F-airs as Wario loves to fly around launching aerials that practically outprioritize a lot of Pit's moves.

But Im glad u were able to contribute, though, and now I can debunker the thing I said earlier before filling the minds of these mindless ppl.

Coffee™

I need it....
Of course Pit can't ledgecamp, his options are beaten by either Bite or F-tilt, and arrows are easily blocked. He can only try to play defensive by spacing with F-airs as Wario loves to fly around launching aerials that practically outprioritize a lot of Pit's moves.

But Im glad u were able to contribute, though, and now I can debunker the thing I said earlier before filling the minds of these mindless ppl.
You really dont know what you're talking about. Bite isn't a threat if you're ledgecamping and Ftilt should only hit you if you misspace a move like Fair from the ledge. Yes Pit has to play defensively but Wario's aerials don't outprioritize Pits with the exception of Wario's Bair beating Pits Nair. Everything else either simply trades or gets straight up outpriortized.

kown

Smash Lord
R@vyn....whenu play a GOOD wario..comeback and give your info. you seem like you are basing most of your opinion on "what looks good on paper" rather than experience.

EDIT: pit players need to stop thinking all of our matchups are close to even

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
R@vyn....whenu play a GOOD wario..comeback and give your info. you seem like you are basing most of your opinion on "what looks good on paper" rather than experience.

EDIT: pit players need to stop thinking all of our matchups are close to even
This means my information is right? You guys being biased in most matchups, some of u thinking Wario is easy, then y not play a Good Wario and find out!?

Coffee™

I need it....
Discrediting my info because I don't play Warios like DMG, Pop or P.X like you do is silly. I don't go writing things out of my *** just because I think it looks good on paper. Either way I'm leaving it at that.

kown

Smash Lord
Discrediting my info because I don't play Warios like DMG, Pop or P.X like you do is silly. I don't go writing things out of my *** just because I think it looks good on paper. Either way I'm leaving it at that.
Actually, its a good reason to discredit your info.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
holy crap Corrupt fate posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whats up?
Yeah, Its been a while since we hear anything form him,

@ Corrupt Whats up dude?
Didn't know I was so popular. =P

I have just been busy with a lot (alot?) of stuff, but I have still been comming to the boards almost every day. Overall R@vyn has been doing a great job here from what I see, and I really wanta help him with his new little goal.
(also I have been drinking a **** load of the new dews....atleast 1 a day.....at 3a.m.

kown

Smash Lord
oh shooot..it was rogue pits bday!!! dannng happy bday!!!

and i think u have to buy something expensive in order to do that...or you could solve all that by getting infinite replays on your wii...than send them to ppl.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Rogue Pit,
Happy Birthday to you!

Random Black Pit Pic FTW

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Is anyone hyped up about Transformers 2? I surely am, though I cant see it yet -_-

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
lol you thought so too?

goes to show you never underestimate your opponent lol

edit: o and transformers 2 was one of the only movies that i came and cried in lol

kown

Smash Lord
u cried in transformers..LAME haha jk...a movie to cry in is I am Legend (dog scene).

i saw transformers it was good but i need to see it again...theres so much going on!!!!

USA BEAATTTS SPAINNNN!!! BAM AMAZING hahaa
i hate the way USA plays soccer and i would prolly choose spain over USA any day (if my life depended on it)...but EFF YEA!! USA WINNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
^ I've heard about this, and that brought a few tears to my eyes :(
He really was the King of Pop, and one of the best music guys ever, like Scatman.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
sorry was on vacation, so im jsut catching up here

nobody wished me a happy birthday *sniff*

never bought into the transformers hype, theres something about it that jsut makes me angry, like how the **** does a little car turn into a massive ****ing robot, thats creating matter, so even if you accpeted all of the other premises of living metal, they are still making matter which is impossible.... and they called one of them bumblebee... wtf haha.... taht being said i will probably go see it to see massive robots beat each other up, and to ogle ms megan fox of course

also not a fan of MJ, but i respect what he did for the business, not a fan of pop either though so haha.... dont molest little children

Coffee™

I need it....
Is there anyone that is willing to manage the matchup thread? I've stated before that I would no longer be updating it but I've still done so periodically at times. However I no longer have the drive for doing this for numerous reasons and it would be better if someone else was able to maintain it. Is there anyone that wishes to do so?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I might have the confidence to continue the matchup thing... but it seems I have been outspoken a lot lately during matchups, or anything for that matter.... as if I feel useless.

Esca

Smash Champion
Actually, I got to thinking.

Admiral has put ALOT of time AND effort into the Pit boards, and I think he should be the one to take over the matchup thread.

Plus, I'm lazy. =P

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If i was to take over the matchup thread, we need to make a change on it. I'm working on a project related to this somehow, but at the rate im goin, it's gonna take weeks.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That reminds me. It's kinda been a while since matchups have been discussed. By then, few new things could have been found which could help matchups, and I believe that perhaps revising matchups would be best. One such matchup is the Sonic matchup, after my ton o' matches with Terios the Hedgehog, needs to be revised.
And dont bash or troll me for being a wifi Pit either! *thinks of metatitan, aka troll*

^ Dont ask -_- it's kinda a long story.

But anyways, I do think we have to restart the matchup thread all over again, tbh, though we never got to finish some matchups anyways.

Top Bottom