• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Tesh

Smash Hero
@ Maharba, thats because Pit and Wolf are both easy characters to play :troll:

@ Jimmy, thats because Pit is a very difficult character to master

Zulo

Smash Ace
They're doable if you're a marginally better player, they're not all advantages. I personally use Marth as a secondary basically for MK, Wario, and GaW. Pit can win in all of these matchups, but it requires either the Pit being much better. Besides, a lot of MK players have secondaries when it's obviously not necessary, as proven by M2k. It's also more fun to use different characters imo.

... lol @ contradictory Tesh.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Pit's matchups are doable because he is a campy *** character and hardly ever has to approach. Multiple jumps and a projectile makes arrow planking beastly. It is so draining sometimes when you try to get leads off of percent one arrow at a time though. I second pikachu for metaknight because he is nearly even with him and pikachu can actually aggro mk and put in work at times. I basically use Pit for everyone else though, I'm not going pikachu for falco anymore after losing to Ally's Falco on livestream.

I got 20$ for winning amateurs, it was free entry so chibo didn't want to pay that much out of his pocket. Not even full venue back lol. He actually hasn't paid me yet either, yet he had the payouts for the pro bracket.

Edit: wtf I just saw in the character list that 17 people were viewing Pit. That's like more than the people who actually main Pit lol

fUddO

Smash Ace
So I got screwed over by chibo switching me to Ally's pool right before the tournament started. Had no practice against who I had to play and pretty much got bodied by Ally's Marth, Pelca's Falco, and Dapuffster's Diddy. Guarenteed 4th seed when top 3 got out. Though next day I play in amateur's bracket, lost to a mk by accidentally timing myself out because I flew up high past the boundary and forgot that doing that gave me percent. Then I ***** losers bracket of amateurs, beat that same mk legitly instead of trying to time him out and 6-0'd the Canadian Fox in grand finals. I won a tournament of about 40 people and still feel a little empty because the matches weren't even that hard except the mk and my friend aposl who plays me all the time. I clearly should have been in the pro bracket. TO's are so mean to Pit players.
I really wish I saw that match between you and GUARD. I'll have to catch it on youtube I guess. Were you guys on Zant's setup?

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Zant was gone, but I did save the last 3 games on someone's wii I have no idea. Wish chibo let us do the matches on the stream, I don't see how he wouldn't since Tiger and Kiwi got to and they were only winner's semis.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
They're doable if you're a marginally better player, they're not all advantages. I personally use Marth as a secondary basically for MK, Wario, and GaW. Pit can win in all of these matchups, but it requires either the Pit being much better. Besides, a lot of MK players have secondaries when it's obviously not necessary, as proven by M2k. It's also more fun to use different characters imo.

... lol @ contradictory Tesh.
Pit does not have to be significantly better to beat the wario or GaW...he can win on equal skill.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
G&W is no longer disadvantage imo now that i've learned the MU.

i use multiple character's because i like to and because quite frankly, like luckay said, pit takes a toll on you as you have to always be precise due to the mechanics of his moves. also i have secondaries so that i don't have to deal with PKS1 and CS as pit, **** those stages.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I don't have a secondary. I use mk in teams, he's based of my teams strat I can't use Mk 1v1 like real talk. I never go Mk at nationals anyways.

Tesh

Smash Hero
G&W is no longer disadvantage imo now that i've learned the MU.

i use multiple character's because i like to and because quite frankly, like luckay said, pit takes a toll on you as you have to always be precise due to the mechanics of his moves. also i have secondaries so that i don't have to deal with PKS1 and CS as pit, **** those stages.
GnW beats pit, you can't camp him, you can't gimp him and he does damage faster and kills earlier than you do. What exactly can Pit do to GnW?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
lol tesh, you haven't played the MU enough if you think pit can't camp him.

i was doing this with trey and gnes, arrow their moves, fair, dair, and plank. that's it. seriously, ya g&w kills and all that but honestly just because he has bucket doesn't mean we can't camp. and besides we can mirror buck and turn him around or super armor the hit. seriously dude, it's like 55:45 g&w at worst. you just gotta space and fair beats out all of his aerials.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Pit vs G&W isn't as hard as I thought it was back then. Pit can hold his own. I don't see WHY people think pit does nothing but CAMPING. When he has other options. Just cause you cant camp doesn't mean the match up is strongly not in your favor <___________________<.

Tesh

Smash Hero
lol tesh, you haven't played the MU enough if you think pit can't camp him.

i was doing this with trey and gnes, arrow their moves, fair, dair, and plank. that's it. seriously, ya g&w kills and all that but honestly just because he has bucket doesn't mean we can't camp. and besides we can mirror buck and turn him around or super armor the hit. seriously dude, it's like 55:45 g&w at worst. you just gotta space and fair beats out all of his aerials.
Mirroring the bucket is about as effective as mirroring any other regular attacks. It doesn't go back and hit him and GUESS WHAT ITS A SLOWER MOVE SO YOU HAVE TO HARD PREDICT IT. Chances are he would just use it out of a grab so that u cant shield or mirror shield. Bucket destroys your long range game and trying to shoot arrows when you are close enough to punish bucket puts you at major risk of being punished.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Test why are you talking like you have great experience in this matchup? We can outspace GaW and he only gets kills if we stupidly run into them. All his smashes are strong yes, but incredibly slow. Mastering tech roll from his dthrow isn't that hard. We can camp him, we can't SPAM him obviously because the bucket will come out. We can only arrow when he doesn't expect it, it makes our arrows like lucario or samus' charged shot and we save it for opportune moments. A GaW pulling out bucket all the time can also get baited into pulling it out and it has so much cool down lag that we can run over and punish most of the time. Even if he gets a full bucket that just means we get to camp him even more and he won't get close enough to hit us with it and it also means no bucket braking.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
thanks maharba, also you're right. it only took me a few minutes to read through all the posts that had been made in my absence D:
Y'all need to post more.
Btw, good job in winning the amature bracket. :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I got 20$ for winning amateurs, it was free entry so chibo didn't want to pay that much out of his pocket. Not even full venue back lol. He actually hasn't paid me yet either, yet he had the payouts for the pro bracket.
Very sorry for not having it on me at the time. I accidentally didn't withdraw enough money before the tournament and ran out at the end. Just PM me your Paypal info.

It was only $20 to give something to winner, and I never announced publicly exactly what it was. I didn't want people forfeiting pools on purpose to drop to AMs. The main purpose overall was for everyone to get more matches. The way Pound did it was ridiculous. Even if everyone was paid out, first in AMs woulda made more than like 4th place in pro bracket, which makes no sense

Zant was gone, but I did save the last 3 games on someone's wii I have no idea. Wish chibo let us do the matches on the stream, I don't see how he wouldn't since Tiger and Kiwi got to and they were only winner's semis.
Either doubles pro bracket didnt start yet or they started the set without me knowing. By the time grands was going on though we were deep in the pro singles bracket, which was more important, sry

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Don't worry about the money, I had a good time and am satisfied enough with my performance in AMs. If you really want to pay me you can do it in person next time we see each other in tourney, otherwise you don't have to.

Also, lol @ me getting infracted like immediately on the Diddy boards for doing the same thing p1 did to us.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
Europe was great, thanks for asking :D
I had to cram all of my sightseeing of Rome into one day though, which made for a very tiring day.
Pantheon AND the Vatican in one day plus a bunch of other memorable spots that just had to be visited.

Shame on you Chibo... you should always be able to pay the winners before they go.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
Italy is great. Great food (pizza, pasta and gelata), great art (i saw David and the Vatican museum incuding the chapel), and great thieves. watch your pockets if you go to Europe. I didnt see too much of it in Italy, but in Barcelona i was having lunch in a cafe by the town square and there were a good dozen locals selling stolen luggage to other locals. The cops only scared them off for twenty minutes or so.

I took many pictures and i'll show off some of my favorites if anyone wants :D

link2702

Smash Champion
O
M
F
G

I HATE U XCALLION :c

i'd give both my arms and legs just to live in italy for a year :c italian food greatest food on the planet. getting to see some of the greatest pieces of artwork and architecture ever created, I've always wanted to see Italy :c

:c not fair.

Top Bottom