• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
So I went to this 5 dolla tourney today at my friend's house. It was pretty chill so I wasn't pressed on winning. (Johns for losing two sets in a row) Naw, but I went pikachu vs Wario first game went to last hit, but I got 2-0'd in the end so meh. Played an Ice Climbers in loser's. Barely lost first game, 3 stocked him game 2 (lol) then lost on Yoshi's by timeout. I timed out his sopo with over 100% when I had two stocks, but I had 46 ledge grabs. I could have just won straight up, but I felt like testing stuff out in tournament because I'm really concerned about ktar next weekend so it's no biggie for me. I should have a couple vids of me for you guys to watch up sooner or later.

Tesh

Smash Hero
46 ledgegrabs was too much? Thats ********, you use pit, not MK.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
BBR made it so mk gets 35, people with 4 or more jumps aka Pit get 40, and everyone else 45. So didn't matter if I was Pit or someone else I guess. I really should have picked up that he was trying to force me on to the ledge so he could use the lgl to win.

Tesh

Smash Hero
What when did this change? I thought it was 35 mk and 50 everyone else. If they are picking and choosing about having more jumps, why dont they give ganon 100 ledge grabs, he NEEDs it.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ummm..... no. sorry luckay, pit has 50 just like everyone else. according to the unity ruleset. unless they changed it since yesterday.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12492158

here is the link. 50 ledge grabs for all non MKs

was the tourney you were at using a differant ruleset?

@tesh,
they aren't picking and choosing. that is still being discussed and im pushing for no less than a lgl of 65 for all non mks as the minimum, anything less than 65 is putting too big of a handicap on those with good ledge game IMO

Tesh

Smash Hero
Universal LGL is ******** anyway. Pit has a good ledge game, but if you read him, you can beat the mess out of him and gimp him.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
ummm..... no. sorry luckay, pit has 50 just like everyone else. according to the unity ruleset. unless they changed it since yesterday.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12492158

here is the link. 50 ledge grabs for all non MKs

was the tourney you were at using a differant ruleset?

@tesh,
they aren't picking and choosing. that is still being discussed and im pushing for no less than a lgl of 65 for all non mks as the minimum, anything less than 65 is putting too big of a handicap on those with good ledge game IMO
Hey you posted some link a while back where you wanted us to argue for something. Post it again.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
So I went to this 5 dolla tourney today at my friend's house. It was pretty chill so I wasn't pressed on winning. (Johns for losing two sets in a row) Naw, but I went pikachu vs Wario first game went to last hit, but I got 2-0'd in the end so meh. Played an Ice Climbers in loser's. Barely lost first game, 3 stocked him game 2 (lol) then lost on Yoshi's by timeout. I timed out his sopo with over 100% when I had two stocks, but I had 46 ledge grabs. I could have just won straight up, but I felt like testing stuff out in tournament because I'm really concerned about ktar next weekend so it's no biggie for me. I should have a couple vids of me for you guys to watch up sooner or later.
Dam son, you got gipped. It really is 50 LMAO :laugh:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Hey guys, who do you think teams better with pit? Snake or mk?

What should the mk's role be?
The snakes?

And can someone link me to some mk+pit teams that are good that i can watch?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i keep reading MK as mink.
That's cuz mink is the best partner. But not everyone has access to the great ryan kane like i do :awesome: btw, next i come over...i expect a full tray of blue mountain dew ice cubes already made :cool: maybe i'll order some pizza next time...

Hey mink, remember that one time you were ganon vs d3 on picto in our doubles practice?...that was way too good rofl.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Yes i remember.
I was at 217%. Lmao.
He was at 70 and i won.
that was the same match that Sax went to recover his falco with phantasm, and i used the back hit of Ganon's Uair to gimp him.

That was too good. Did you see my How To Make Blue Mtn Dew guide on the CFL thread?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Yes i remember.
I was at 217%. Lmao.
He was at 70 and i won.
that was the same match that Sax went to recover his falco with phantasm, and i used the back hit of Ganon's Uair to gimp him.

That was too good. Did you see my How To Make Blue Mtn Dew guide on the CFL thread?
Ya i did. Hahaha. And ya that match was way too good rofl.

I think MK is better with Pit than Snake, Kuro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neyoz8L1FE4

Kind of a bad MK, but aggro mk dominates in this team.
Thanks esca, that's helpful still. Who do you think pit's absolute best partner is?

Esca

Smash Champion
Kuro, my best and favorite partner throughout my entire smash career was CY, the Wario player. We beat some gigantic teams back in 2010, and I think Pit/Wario is the best team comp. Wario can weave around arrows, and he can switch roles extremely easy. He can camp or go aggro. On top of him being super mobile and such a tank, not to mention kill power, I think they dominate together.

Top Bottom