• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Dude, MK destroys the cast. It's undisputable that he is the best in the game, Sakurai admitted that he purposely created a foolproof character because Nintendo was messing with the game's balance. Diddy's win tournaments because Metaknight doesn't destroy Diddy as much as the rest of the cast. It isn't Diddy being bad in the matchup, it's Metaknight being broken. He has an answer to every character lol, the community has banned (dimension cape), limited (planking), and even voted to remove him from the competitive scene completely.

When I say that MK doesn't destroy Diddy, it means that Diddy has a better shot at keeping up with him than everyone else.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Joining with Krysted, my preferences are:

:metaknight:-:pit:/:pikachu:
:snake:-:pit:
:diddy:-:pit:
:falco:-:pikachu:
:wario:-:pikachu:/:pit:
:marth:-:pit:
:pikachu:-:pit:
:dedede:-:pit:/:pikachu:
:olimar:-:pit:
:popo:-:pit:
:gw:-:pit:
:lucario:-:pit:
:zerosuitsamus:-:pit:
:toonlink:-:pit:
:kirby:-:pit:
:fox:-:pikachu:
:rob:-:pit:
:pit:-:pit:/:pikachu:
:dk2:-:pit:
:luigi2:-:pit:
:wolf:-:pikachu:/:pit:
:sonic:-:pit:
:ike:-:pit:
:sheik:-:pikachu:
:ness2:-:pit:
:pt: - :pit:/:pikachu:
:yoshi2:-:pit:
:lucas:-:pit:
:mario2:-:pit:
:bowser2:-:pit:/:pikachu:
:falcon:-:pikachu:
:samus2:-:pikachu:/:pit:
:jigglypuff:-:pit:
:link2:-:pit:
:zelda:-:pit:
:ganondorf:-:pit:/:pikachu:

I'm comfortable with a few matchups that I can go either Pit or Pikachu. I'll just go Pikachu when the matchup is broken for him like Fox or captain falcon lol.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I think I need some advice on counters for characters. I used 65 percent pit and 35 percent wario at my last tournament. I need to figure out what MUs I'm comfortable with and what ones you guys think absolutely are not worth playing Pit in.

My list (In order of first choice character) Opponent's characters vs my characters:
:metaknight: - :wario:
:snake: - :pit:
:diddy: - :wario:
:falco: - :pit:
:warioc: - :pit: / :wario:
:marth: - :pit: / :wario:
:popo: - :wario:
:olimar: - :pit:
:pikachu2: - :pit: / :wario:
:dedede: - :pit:
:gw: - :wario:
:lucario: - :wario:
:zerosuitsamus: - :pit:
:toonlink: - :wario:
:kirby2: - :wario:
:fox: - :pit:
:rob: - :wario:
:pit: - :wario:
:peach: - :wario: / :pit:
:dk2: - :pit:
:luigi2: - :pit:
:wolf: - :pit:
:sonic: - :wario:
:ike: - :pit: / :wario:
:sheik: - :wario:
:ness2: - :pit:
:pt: - :pit:
:yoshi2: - :pit:
:lucas: - :pit:
:mario2: - :pit:
:bowser2: - :pit:
:falcon: - :pit:
:samus2: - :pit:
:jigglypuff: - :pit:
:link2: - :pit:
:zelda: - :wario:
:ganondorf: - :pit:

I use Pit a lot for those dumb matches that have grab release shenanigans on Wario. I use Wario for the matchups I think my Pit won't handle that well quite yet. I use Pit where I CAN though, like ness and lucas are so easy, Olimar is easier for Pit to me than Wario. I also CP my character against my other character for the situation when it calls for it. I will not Wario ditto someone unless I know I'm better than them at this point. I love facing wario with other characters because I can abuse their bike against them :3
Personally i think you should go pit for peach, sheik, ike and rob.

I agree with sax. I think diddy mk is worse than mk snake at the highest levels of play. I don't think i've ever seen anti lose against a diddy. Shadow did real well against them as well...or was that tyrant....i forget. It might of been atomsk? I'll search the vids later but all ik is that even the best diddy can't seem to take the set off anti. Who is definitely the best at the matchup.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
:metaknight: - :pit:/:diddy:
:snake: - :pit:/:diddy:
:diddy: - :pit:
:falco: - :pit:
:wario: - :diddy:/:pit:
:marth: - :diddy:
:pikachu2: - :pit:/:diddy:
:dedede: - :pit:/:diddy:
:olimar: - :pit:/:diddy:
:popo: - :pit:/:diddy:
:gw: - :diddy:
:lucario: - :pit:
:zerosuitsamus: - :pit:
:toonlink: - :pit:/:diddy:
:kirby: - :pit:
:fox: - ::pit:
:rob: - :pit:
:pit: - :pit:
:dk2: - :pit:/:diddy:
:luigi2: - :pit:
:wolf: - :pit:
:sonic: - :pit:
:ike: - :diddy:
:sheik: - :pit:/:diddy:
:ness2: - :pit:
:pt: - :pit:
:yoshi2: - :pit:
:lucas: - :pit:
:mario2: - :pit:
:bowser2: - :pit:
:falcon: - :pit:
:samus2: - :pit:
:jigglypuff: - :pit:
:link2: - :diddy:
:zelda: - :pit:
:ganondorf: - :pit:/:diddy:

I let Diddy take care of all of the sword guys. Game@Watch is a pain in the butt to deal against when I use Pit (UGH Turtle >_<). Metaknight, I could go either way, since it's a hopeless matchup either way, even when I use Diddy it's still not enough to beat MK. For Ice Climbers, I only use Pit on crazy stages with platforms, like Rainbow Cruise, Castle Seige, Delfino Plaza, Norfair, and Brinstar.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Personally i think you should go pit for peach, sheik, ike and rob.
Pit for Peach isn't bad, I just lost against my first Peach match with him (King Beef). Sheik is just really hard to mess with when the only Sheik in my region is probably the best in wurrrld (Judo). Ike I can play with Pit I suppose, since I learned to be more patient and not rush in (Renegade). Rob I'm just tired of going toe to toe with, Wario is much easier to play against this hunk of junk (SneakyTaco and Mr. Eric)

Oh yeaaah. Namesearch.

Thanks for the opinion, I think I might try to learn the Pit/Peach matchup more and just man up against Ike. I just think Peach is a lot easier for Warios that actually use his bike lol.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i may as well get in on this:

:metaknight:-:pit::fox:
:snake:-:pit::marth:
:diddy:-:pit:
:falco2:-:pit:
:wario:-:pit::marth:
:marth2:-:pit:
:popo:-:pit:
:olimar:-:pit:
:pika:-:pit:
:dedede:-:pit:
:gameandwatch2:-:pit::marth:
:lucario:-:pit:
:zss:-:pit:
:toonlink:-:pit::marth::fox:

the rest of the cast i go all pit. i mean ya i can use my secondaries just fine as well but im best with my pit so there it is. i don't have time to do a whole list cause im at work.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Pit for Peach isn't bad, I just lost against my first Peach match with him (King Beef). Sheik is just really hard to mess with when the only Sheik in my region is probably the best in wurrrld (Judo). Ike I can play with Pit I suppose, since I learned to be more patient and not rush in (Renegade). Rob I'm just tired of going toe to toe with, Wario is much easier to play against this hunk of junk (SneakyTaco and Mr. Eric)

Oh yeaaah. Namesearch.

Thanks for the opinion, I think I might try to learn the Pit/Peach matchup more and just man up against Ike. I just think Peach is a lot easier for Warios that actually use his bike lol.
I've fought Ed who is considered number one.( But tbh i think him and judo are close enough that it doesnt matter and is just opinion) enough to know that the matchup isnt that bad at all. She's not hard to mess with imo. Pit has fun with rob haha. I could go snake for half the matchups i go pit for. I just want to rep pit more lol.

SAX

Smash Ace
No idea what this guy is talking about. Diddy's win tournaments. M2K's most hated matchup is Diddy, etc etc etc

You don't have to be ESAM to beat a metaknight either.
Dude, MK destroys the cast. It's undisputable that he is the best in the game, Sakurai admitted that he purposely created a foolproof character because Nintendo was messing with the game's balance. Diddy's win tournaments because Metaknight doesn't destroy Diddy as much as the rest of the cast. It isn't Diddy being bad in the matchup, it's Metaknight being broken. He has an answer to every character lol, the community has banned (dimension cape), limited (planking), and even voted to remove him from the competitive scene completely.

When I say that MK doesn't destroy Diddy, it means that Diddy has a better shot at keeping up with him than everyone else.
Ahh I see your point now. I still think other characters fair far better, But I see what you're saying now. It's all cool :)

Xcallion

Smash Ace
i'm picking up falco for MK and I use pit for everyone else. does that make me a simpleton, hmm?

Xcallion

Smash Ace
I dont really have my secondary set in stone. I just want to second some1 who has a good chance vs MK and isnt diddy.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Pikachu, Fox, Diddy, Falco, WARIO!!!, maybe Olimar, Marth, and lastly Snake are all viable choices in the MK matchup. Doesn't mean you're going to win. Same with Pit :3

Just learn the MU and hope for the best. Unless you're good with Wario. He makes MK mains s***ty. Literally!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
So, i enjoy timing people out. The adrenaline from trying not to get hit is too good. MUST GET BETTER AT DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!

Xcallion

Smash Ace
Basketball Fans: DEFENSE!!! *pound the bleachers* Defense!!! *pound the bleachers* DEFE-... YOU SUCK!! You were right there and you let him take the shot!! *fans get up and leave*

SAX

Smash Ace
fox does better against MK than falco imo. but then again, im used to watching trevonte wreck MKs in person so im kinda biased there :p
Agreed :)
TKD and YUI are too good. I don't think I've seen them lose to a MK xD

Pikachu, Fox, Diddy, Falco, WARIO!!!, maybe Olimar, Marth, and lastly Snake are all viable choices in the MK matchup. Doesn't mean you're going to win. Same with Pit :3

Just learn the MU and hope for the best. Unless you're good with Wario. He makes MK mains s***ty. Literally!
Agreed again! :D

Man mink was right, the pit boards are really thriving. I like posting in here.
Would you mind Kuro?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Agreed :)
TKD and YUI are too good. I don't think I've seen them lose to a MK xD

Agreed again! :D

Man mink was right, the pit boards are really thriving. I like posting in here.
Would you mind Kuro?
Of course not. More conversation :D

Also, add me on fb. I couldnt find you >.>

and it's nothing. Just tired of certain personalities.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I don't know whether to take a lot of the "omg adrenaline rush, FUUUUUUUUUUU DONT GET HIT" comments as sarcasm or not. D:

Really, it is scary trying not to get hit while trying to time them out. But still. I don't LIKE that.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
No one likes that.
Hahaha.
I feel like a bad person inside when i try to time people out.

And sax when will you learn, i'm never wrong.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i only feel bad when i plank to time out. if im not planking (which with an lgl i won't be doing near as much as im used to) then timing out by outmanuvering is a good rush. however i have more of a rush when im playing with the time out mindset but twisting it just enough to where im still playing to kill just while trying to be untouchable in the process. it makes my day when im playing iron defense but still going aggro ONLY when i get them to kill percents, even if the first stock takes like 4 mins. it's just the joy of playing agile is such a rush for me. in rpg's like oblivion and such i always go for some1 who is untouchably agile yet has the power and skill to back up their inside game. this may also be attributed to me being a martial artist too. it's all part of my mindset i guess :)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hey guys, if you are religious please pray for the safety, comfort and well being of my friend back home, Stephanie. she and i have had similar hardships in life and she once told me her child is her motivationto keep going.

her baby died today. now im not very religious but even im praying she for her. please do the same guys. i appreciate it

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
hey guys, if you are religious please pray for the safety, comfort and well being of my friend back home, Stephanie. she and i have had similar hardships in life and she once told me her child is her motivationto keep going.

her baby died today. now im not very religious but even im praying she for her. please do the same guys. i appreciate it
That's really sad, and I prayed for her :scared:

Also, you Pittys have given me a good idea. I will just work on time-out strategies from now on, lol. This makes me believe that Pit can be EXTRA versatile where he can be aggressive, read movements, get the lead, then timeout! lol-I will do this next time I play w/ my friend.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'm really sorry to hear that Maharba. I will be praying for her to have God's guidance in these harsh times. May her child rest in peace...

link2702

Smash Champion
damn....wtf is with all this miserable stuff happening latley...

smash players dieing..

getting stabbed...

earthquakes in japan

tornados across the country killing people...

a friend of a smasher's baby just died....a BABY....

:c seriously wtf is going on in da world today..tis a very depressing time lately...anyway, not religous, but i give my condolences, no one should have to go through the death of their own child...espicially a baby....

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
It's me you silly goose :3c

Oh wow, you read the social? Im surprised.

And if it was you, i would of blatantly stated it was you cuz you're just our mod. Yea i don't like the stuff you pulled. But that's irrelevant to my actual life. So get off that :glare:

@Maha im sorry to hear that. That's a terrible thing to go through. I honestly hope no one ever has to. I'm not very religous myself but i'll say a prayer for her.

@Link, every era is plagued with disaster. We just have to keep pushing through each and every time.

link2702

Smash Champion
well ya, but idk why but it seems this era, or at least these past few years have been seriously ****ed up with how much chaos and disaster is going on..

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
well ya, but idk why but it seems this era, or at least these past few years have been seriously ****ed up with how much chaos and disaster is going on..
And it seemed like that to our past generations who had to go through their own. The suffering is strongest for those who live it so it's no surprise you feel that way seeing all this go down and not be able to do much to stop it.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
LATE! But I want to do this now.

:metaknight: - :gw:
:snake: - :dedede:
:diddy: - :gw:
:falco: - :sheik:
:wario: - :ganondorf:/:dedede:
:marth: - :dedede:
:pikachu2: - :lucario:
:dedede: - :dedede:
:olimar: - :metaknight: (I'm sorry, I just hate this MU. Olimar is a total BS character)
:popo: - :popo:/:troll:
:gw: - :dedede:
:lucario: - :dedede:
:zerosuitsamus: - :gw:
:toonlink: - :dedede:
:kirby: - :gw:
:fox: - :sheik:
:rob: - :dedede:
:pit: - :dedede:/:sheik:
:dk2: - :dedede:/roflstomp
:luigi2: - :dedede:
:wolf: - :sheik:
:sonic: - :gw:
:ike: - :dedede:
:sheik: - :lucario:
:ness2: - :jigglypuff:
:pt: - :jigglypuff:
:yoshi2: - :dedede:
:lucas: - :gw:
:mario2: - :dedede:
:bowser2: - :dedede:
:falcon: - :gw:
:samus2: - :dedede:
:jigglypuff: - :gw:
:link2: - :jigglypuff:
:zelda: - :jigglypuff:
:ganondorf: - :ganondorf:

Mostly Dedede. I'd probably mostly use the Puff as a "your counterpick is useless I am jigglypuff". And screw over IC mains by playing the ditto.

*EDIT* knew something was missing.

:peach: - :gw:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
dude..... you use an incredibly diverse character set! wtf is up with your selection?! like, i don't think i could hold the mind set to play all of those chars. they are all played so differently! damn dude, props for playing like the most random char set i've seen since like, idk even that's just a strange set.

Top Bottom