• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

D

Deleted member

Funny you mention that... My current avi, Tomoe Gozen, somewhat resembles KOS-MOS at least in body colors. Would that make my avi a FAUX-MOS?
Sorta.

Watch me use a Rei Ayanami pic both for the reference AND to spite Sabi.

Destinylegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Destinylegend
3DS FC
2122-6400-3417
Same, really hope she gets in, one of my 3 most wanted characters, would like at least 1 to make it, lol

D

Deleted member

Well guys, I'm hitting the hay for the day before I go to work tonight. So I'll see y'all tomorrow.
Heheheh. Nighty night.

Isn't it weird that I'm still awake after all this?

Last edited by a moderator:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I think right now KOSMOS has a soilid 85% chance. The fact nothing has said no to her, no namco mii costumes, and sakurai a big fan of the Xeno series all points towards her.

stuff here
Well that is some serious stuff there. Never would see that on the public face. Costing people jobs just to leak is a huge nono... i wonder what papagenos papagenos has to say as he and sabi talk a bunch.

Speaking of him, still nothing from VR Plant eother.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think right now KOSMOS has a soilid 85% chance. The fact nothing has said no to her, no namco mii costumes, and sakurai a big fan of the Xeno series all points towards her.

Well that is some serious stuff there. Never would see that on the public face. Costing people jobs just to leak is a huge nono... i wonder what papagenos papagenos has to say as he and sabi talk a bunch.

Speaking of him, still nothing from VR Plant eother.
To me, I'd say...60% to play safe. Should Verge finally make a last-minute statement, dear God, only time will tell.

D

Deleted member

Not really! I was up about as late my time last night speculating haha.
I'm staying up overnight here in my university to finish a group project I have. We're making some good progress though.

Though to pass the time, I might as well entertain the people here until we get some spicy news.

D

Deleted member

I'd switch to a KOS-MOS pfp but I feel like I'd curse her chances if I did.
I'd switch to a KOSMOS avi, but I like my Christmas selfie too much.

I just stuck her back into my sig to compromise.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I don't know about her chances percentage wise. It's hard to guess. All we know is she hasn't been ruled out despite there being a mass of supposed deconfirmations. It'd be weird to say that makes her likely, because I don't really see evidence that points towards her outside of "well, she hasn't been ruled out yet". Leakers not being able to get a clear answer about her really is the best thing going for her.

D

Deleted member

I don't know about her chances percentage wise. It's hard to guess. All we know is she hasn't been ruled out despite there being a mass of supposed deconfirmations. It'd be weird to say that makes her likely, because I don't really see evidence that points towards her outside of "well, she hasn't been ruled out yet". Leakers not being able to get a clear answer about her really is the best thing going for her.
Verge and Sabi's sources, thought to be the most credible on the scene, are having serious doubts. Is it due to the Game Awards leak police? We'll never know, because all of this is coming tomorrow in your place.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Verge and Sabi's sources, thought to be the most credible on the scene, are having serious doubts. Is it due to the Game Awards leak police? We'll never know, because all of this is coming tomorrow in your place.
Yea it's really odd how they're not sure. If the source knows, then avoiding mentioning her is questionable. But at the same time making assumptions like that is playing a dangerous game especially considering the list of characters Sakurai could add is massive.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I'm staying up overnight here in my university to finish a group project I have. We're making some good progress though.

Though to pass the time, I might as well entertain the people here until we get some spicy news.
Best of luck with that! Oh how I don't miss group projects haha.

And yeah, I hadn't even considered that the leak process might be different since this character is (allegedly) being dropped at a live, public event rather than a pre-recorded direct. I don't recall Joker's name going around too much before the VGA's last year so that could be what's happening again.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Yea it's really odd how they're not sure. If the source knows, then avoiding mentioning her is questionable. But at the same time making assumptions like that is playing a dangerous game especially considering the list of characters Sakurai could add is massive.
It's probably worth noting that nothing else has been said since Verge clarified his last post. He went on a tangent explaining the ambiguity behind KOS-MOS in the second-half of his post, so it's an unusual circumstance to go this long without giving an update on the general status of disconfirmations and what to expect at TGS. I'm not saying he's throwing hints in her direction, but that it feels strange that it's taken this long to clarify how she fits in all of this, be it as the potential fifth fighter, or her fate overall beyond the Fighter's Pass.

Cruiser

Smash Rookie
I don’t know if that same person is checking this thread today, but whoever said that they heard of Albedo years ago through countdown video. Could it have been joshscorcher (Fiery Joker)? Even if it wasn’t, I wouldn’t have known of Xenosaga as early as I did had he not put Albedo in his “Craziest Character” video. I was 12 I think.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Even if she’s not 5 she’s still not deconfirmed
True, but I still feel that FP5 is the best shot she has at being playable. I'll continue to support her regardless but I can't say that I'd be too optimistic about her chances for post-pass.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
For probability, remember that anything over 50% means they have better odds of being in the game than not being in the game. By that point you are already saying that her not being FP5 is unlikely. For the odds of a single character achieving a single slot (in this case, specifically FP5, as opposed to getting into the game at any point) I'd hesitate to put anyone over 40% with anything shy of completely verified and precise evidence.

Note that I have no background in statistics, so if this is flawed reasoning, someone with more knowledge in this field please correct me.

Also, per someone's assertion that KOS-MOS is Monolith's Mickey Mouse, does that make Fei Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Also, per someone's assertion that KOS-MOS is Monolith's Mickey Mouse, does that make Fei Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?
Hard to say... All I know is that Monolith never got to keep Fei and the rest of Xenogears when they left, and there's the whole thing about Xenosaga being a proto-FFVII of sorts before it became its own thing. As opposed to Disney kinda-sorta forgetting Oswald, Monolith's issue is Square keeping Xenogears on a tight leash.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
I still have hope right now.
LET'S DO THIS
We still have one more night to survive through, and then it's judgment day...
The truth will finally be unveilled.........at least I hope so lmao what if there's nothing at the VGAs lol (I would be broken, very very broken for going through around 2hours worth of content I don't care about when I could just sleep lol)

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Just a heads up. A good friend of mine corrected me on misinformation.

Hard to say... All I know is that Monolith never got to keep Fei and the rest of Xenogears when they left, and there's the whole thing about Xenosaga being a proto-FFVII of sorts before it became its own thing. As opposed to Disney kinda-sorta forgetting Oswald, Monolith's issue is Square keeping Xenogears on a tight leash.
This is incorrect. It is Xenogears that was originally pitched to Square as a Final Fantasy VII prototype by Tetsuya. The reason I've heard something like this was because I did some research on Fei Fong Wong a couple of months back, and ran into that info. Forgot where really. Point is, I misattributed the prototype label on the wrong series, so apologies for that. To the person who gave me the quick heads-up...
Master_Scholar.jpg

Thank you!

Natlo

Smash Cadet
As I understood it Walt Disney, the person, created Oswald while he was working for someone else, and when he left from working under that person, they refused to let Walt keep the character out of spite. Disney the Company acquired him some point after Walt's death.

Of course, I think I learned that from a Disney documentary, and they have a bit of a habit of historical revisionism white washing regarding their founder.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Long story short: @Fatmanonice and Paragon said Sabi blackmailed a bunch of people in the industry and have cost them their jobs. They also said Sabi used the Smash community in a way to boost their influence. All in all: Sabi is a prick.
Thats a very serious claim, do they have any proof?

I just want to point out that literally every time someone asks for proof of this, all someone does is post screens of Fatmanonice talking about it in a Discord conversation as if that's what someone was asking for proof of as opposed to proof of the claim's actual contents.

Seems pretty baseless aside from the fact that the dude seemed really, really angry when talking about it, but some of the quotes just give the impression of typical character wars drama. Excuse me while I don't take Mr. "I warned him when he first met me that if he was a fraud or hurt the Geno community that I would personally bury him" at his word, lmao.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I just want to point out that literally every time someone asks for proof of this, all someone does is post screens of Fatmanonice talking about it in a Discord conversation as if that's what someone was asking for proof of as opposed to proof of the claim's actual contents.

Seems pretty baseless aside from the fact that the dude seemed really, really angry when talking about it, but some of the quotes just give the impression of typical character wars drama. Excuse me while I don't take Mr. "I warned him when he first met me that if he was a fraud or hurt the Geno community that I would personally bury him" at his word, lmao.
It would be nice to hear from someone they actually blackmailed and got fired

Top Bottom