• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
Man all of these leaks and recently supposed legit info are really confusing me now. Only 2 more days until i really know whether KOS-MOS is the fifth fighter or not.

D

Deleted member

Man all of these leaks and recently supposed legit info are really confusing me now. Only 2 more days until i really know whether KOS-MOS is the fifth fighter or not.
Literally everyone here is confused. Are the 4chan leaks still viable? Are Verge and Sabi to be trusted right now? What will Geoff say about thsi next?

This is gonna be a wild ride...but hopefully amidst this rollercoaster, we will hope to see the sunrise...

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
Literally everyone here is confused. Are the 4chan leaks still viable? Are Verge and Sabi to be trusted right now? What will Geoff say about thsi next?

This is gonna be a wild ride...but hopefully amidst this rollercoaster, we will hope to see the sunrise...

Same here.

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
I want to believe that the Daisy Theory is hinting towards a new female fighter. But we`ll have to wait until TGA and see what happens.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How about the fact they brought up Rex before they moved on towards Kosmos?
That counts =)

I want to believe that the Daisy Theory is hinting towards a new female fighter. But we`ll have to wait until TGA and see what happens.
Most definitely. Even if it isn't KOS-MOS, there is still a pretty good chance it will be a female fighter.

D

Deleted member

They showed KH ReMind on state of play and I believe it was the same trailer. Let’s not panic yet though.
No Horizon Zero Dawn. Check. No Clock Tower . Check.

The summoning circle is closing in...

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
They showed KH ReMind on state of play and I believe it was the same trailer. Let’s not panic yet though.
They could've changed plans, the leak that mentioned it was posted a while ago. And even with that leak aside, her chances look pretty good! It is good to be wary, though.

Last edited:

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
I didn't look at any leak/rumor stuff for a long time. Glad to see it's looking kinda good for KOS-MOS...if I understood everything I read correctly.

I won't get my hopes up, but if she really is the 5th fighter...I'm gonna loose my mind, I loved Xenosaga so much.

KΩS-MOS

Smash Rookie
TGA audience this, TGA audience that. If Nintendo wants to reveal this kind of character at the event, honestly they should just let them be. Hell, nobody would've expected Joker back then anyway, and should that be leaked, it could incite quite similar discussion like the one we're having now. The problem is that since it's a major event, it has to be someone they believe carries they hype that's in their definition. But revealing this kind of character can STILL be exciting.

The problem is that they kind of expect a bit too much.
Indeed, it depends on how they personally feel toward the character that is/will be revealed... although KOS-MOS might not be a character they would be hyped for, it is the complete opposite for me (and mostly all of us here) - she is THE character I am most hyped for; if she gets in, I might get a little excited for some of the next DLC, but never to the point I would be for KOS-MOS.
People try to judge a character by the majority, but they forget that simply because it seems a lot of people want a certain character, doesn't mean it will make everyone happy. I played Banjo Kazooie as a child, and it was fun, but I don't have the same attachment to that character that I have with KOS-MOS, although they are both childhood memories... anyway, it is just annoying to see some people dismissing a character based on their own nostalgia or preferences without considering that a certain character can mean a lot to others, even if not as "well-known".

And who knows, maybe to make it a "bigger" reveal, they will announce T-elos alongside KOS-MOS, making KOS-MOS the first and only DLC character to come with an Echo fighter. Would make it a bit more special I suppose :) Although if that would be the case, I feel like we would have heard about it a little bit in some leaks by now.

zferolie

Smash Hero
You know its also possible that the leaker thought it was for the game awards but had no idea it was actually meant for a state of play as those are not known when they drop.

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Whats strange is people are saying it's dead, but so far it has been naming correct things - just somewhat at wrong times or small details missed out.
This person seemed to know legit info though.
Got to wait and see.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
My only fear is that this is someone intentionally stirring false hopes and generating scorn from the possibility of getting her in Smash, which would in turn create a scapegoat out of a relatively small fandom. And if by some miracle she's Fighter #5, let's keep ourselves humble. No need to drag a target on each of our backs 'cause you can be sure there would be a lot of people angry at this fandom.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
My only fear is that this is someone intentionally stirring false hopes and generating scorn from the possibility of getting her in Smash, which would in turn create a scapegoat out of a relatively small fandom. And if by some miracle she's Fighter #5, let's keep ourselves humble. No need to drag a target on each of our backs 'cause you can be sure there would be a lot of people angry at this fandom.
Yeah, the salt will definitely be a lot bigger than Terry's, but even so we must not brag and rub it in peoples' faces if she is FP5 as not to throw fuel into a raging firestorm. KOS-MOS support should be a positive thing.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Yeah, the salt will definitely be a lot bigger than Terry's, but even so we must not brag and rub it in peoples' faces if she is FP5 as not to throw fuel into a raging firestorm. KOS-MOS support should be a positive thing.
If anything, this should support the idea that characters – regardless of how niche they seem in the grand scheme of things – have a fair shot in Smash. She'd be a proof of concept.

Genoa x Charlotte

Smash Rookie
Yo yo, I’m from the Reimucord and am pretty invested in TGA Leak rn. Rooting for KOS-MOS as 5, by the way.

Haven’t been able to keep up with stuff about the leak today. It hasn’t been proven fake or anything, correct?

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Lol some of these discords i be sitting in really be wilding when it's not a character they want.
Smash community really is awful sometimes.
Anyway, screw it.
If KOS-MOS is revealed as 5, as humble as i usually am i can't say for sure that i wont want a little vengeance lol.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Yeah, the bad side of the community has had multiple opportunities to learn some humility with these character reveals, but they all treat it as an attack on their wants.

Honestly, trying to avoid toxic fans is real hard to do.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Lol some of these discords i be sitting in really be wilding when it's not a character they want.
Smash community really is awful sometimes.
Anyway, screw it.
If KOS-MOS is revealed as 5, as humble as i usually am i can't say for sure that i wont want a little vengeance lol.
Meanwhile, I'll be reinforcing positivity for the less-fortunate, provided they don't raise their pitchforks. If we can get new supporters from other character support threads despite them having their own priorities, it's only fair and courteous of us to do the same for them. After all, we share one crossover, and one crossover we may never experience ever again.

There may be characters I dislike in Smash, but I'd miss them if they were cut in a potential sequel on the principle that it removes key sections of the fandom where fan content and discussion tend to shine the brightest. EVERYONE IS HERE are Ultimate's three magic words, and you can bet that Smash 6 would never live up to Ultimate with so many cuts.

Last edited:

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Of all the leaks I hope Kos-Mos’ is true, I want to finally get a character I supported. Btw I have a feeling if she’s top tier she’ll make a lot of people angry but honestly I don’t care as long as she or one of my mw makes it.

KΩS-MOS

Smash Rookie
Of all the leaks I hope Kos-Mos’ is true, I want to finally get a character I supported. Btw I have a feeling if she’s top tier she’ll make a lot of people angry but honestly I don’t care as long as she or one of my mw makes it.
I would like it if she could be A or B tier (preferably not "OP"). Though in the end, even if she isn't considered a good character, I will still main her XD
I will be getting my as-s kicked, but at least I will play with a character that I love :p
I guess everyone gets a little pissed if a new character they didn't want or don't like ends up being top tier (especially if it is one who they think "stole" their supported-character's spot).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
https://mobile.twitter.com/PhantomArtifice/status/1204429126641299456

Real post

king zell is reliable source has yet to get anything wrong and does Nintendo stuff

This might mean master chief might take the cake (FP5 or post) or MCC is coming to switch and he is alive from sabi and Vergebens killings as well

And don’t get start with 2 Microsoft reps can’t happen there are no rules they have killed countless rules in smash

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
That's probably for Halo on switch which has been rumoured a long time ago.
Aware of that but reminder it could be similar fashion to how Isabelle was revealed for playable

First character then revealed animal crossing sequel

But FP5 or not if it happens master chiefs chances of being playable will be off the charts since he would be on Nintendo system

Last edited:

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Hard to be positive when literally everyone hates her for no reason.
I wouldn't bother, smashfans are always like this, if a character which they don't know enters their game. It was the same for Terry or Joker for example.

Even if it's not KOS-MOS, I'm always looking forward to Sakurai's choices. This third party concept in general made smash far more interesting for me, because I'm not that much into most of the nintendo stuff.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Real post

king zell is reliable source has yet to get anything wrong and does Nintendo stuff

This might mean master chief might take the cake (FP5 or post) or MCC is coming to switch and he is alive from sabi and Vergebens killings as well

And don’t get start with 2 Microsoft reps can’t happen there are no rules they have killed countless rules in smash
Yeah halo master chief collection has been teased and hinted for awhile. Means nothing for smash right now

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yeah halo master chief collection has been teased and hinted for awhile. Means nothing for smash right now
Indeed

But a reminder of how :ultisabelle: was reveal

(Her and a sequel to her series)

It’s likely someone else for pack 5 it’s just processing Chief is actual gonna be possible now if halo series is infact coming to nintendo

D

Deleted member

Good morning everyone...any news?

Real post

I...see your point.

Top Bottom