• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

D

Deleted member

While the leak is still fake, it's important to not lose hope since it was merely an advertisement to get supporters.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I sadly don't think this is Real Buuuuuuuuuuuuut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlNGUh9xzl0 I support it 100%
Nice, a video. So that should count as content creation!

Anyway, the leak isn't even dead yet. Vergeben if you wanna believe him says Hayabusa is coming in the post pass and fighter #75 is 100% not Hayabusa. The KOS-MOS leak also says this HOWEVER, it claims Reimu is also in development. This is the only hole in the leak right now that I am super iffy about.

Last edited:

Blackthorne

Smash Cadet
oof, I haven't been here in a while.

I happy to see KOS-MOS is ramping up a bit of support again, after the tiny spike that was her supposedly being in the Grinch Leak. She's been my most wanted for a while and I'm glad to see that she's not truly just a pipe dream.

D

Deleted member

oof, I haven't been here in a while.

I happy to see KOS-MOS is ramping up a bit of support again, after the tiny spike that was her supposedly being in the Grinch Leak. She's been my most wanted for a while and I'm glad to see that she's not truly just a pipe dream.
Wait, she was?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm putting Money on Shulk being the main veteran focus of the trailer if KOS-MOS is in.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I imagine it as something like...

We open in the dark recesses of space, watching the stars in silence for 1-2 seconds before 4 Arwings streak by. The Star Fox Team exchange some text dialogue regarding a mission they are undertaking, which is then cut off by the discovery of a strange object, displayed as a golden glow from off-screen. This lingers long enough for some short commentary, but such leisure is brought to an abrupt end as a swarm of Gnosis appear. Combat ensues, though it is quickly realized their attacks have little to no effect. They are surrounded, and a rout appears unavoidable.
The Hilbert Effect ripples through, and the Gnosis are rendered tangible. Shortly thereafter, the camera pans to the Elsa warping in, with a small blue light twinkling near its nose. Camera zooms in, panning over KOS-MOS, clearly charging an attack. Eyecatch, immediately followed by X-BUSTER, decimating most hostiles in the area. The Star Fox Team, now capable of fighting back, help to eradicate the remainders.
Once that matter has been settled, attention returns to the object, which is revealed to be a Zohar.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate x Xenosaga.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since we're on the topic anyway, here's my idea for the reveal trailer:

"Imagine in your mind a posh country club..."

NO, NOT LIKE THAT,

"sorry po."

Ok, serious time.

So, we begin in a manner similar to Hero's. Galeem is shown over the distance while we focus on a mountainside. We then see Shulk, fighting off a puppet (insert character of choice). Shulk is obviously at a disadvantage. He tries his best to fend off the attackers. Unbeknownst to the fighters, a shooting star-like object passes through, and soon after, right as he is on his feet, a laser beam pierces through the puppet, knocking her/him/it out. The figure lands in front of Shulk, and the dust settles to reveal a cybernetic woman holding two machine guns, then pans out and reveals the full figure.

KOS-MOS activates the battle!

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
I just thought of something. If KOS-MOS is Fighter #5 which version of her do you think they`ll use and what if T-elos appears as a character swap in the same vein as Olimar/Alph.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just thought of something. If KOS-MOS is Fighter #5 which version of her do you think they`ll use and what if T-elos appears as a character swap in the same vein as Olimar/Alph.
I'm not that super-versed into Xenosaga but I think T-elos would pass more as an Echo Fighter rather than a palette swap.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
Let’s hope it really happens, I wish her fans good luck.

Btw I’d love so Xenosaga on the switch

Last edited:

Super Bario

Smash Cadet
My guess is they'd go with either her original version from Xenosaga 1 or her appearance from Xenoblade 2. As much as I'd love to see T-elos, she'd probably just have a color swap.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I just thought of something. If KOS-MOS is Fighter #5 which version of her do you think they`ll use
Maybe they could have different versions for her different palettes. RE/XB2 in slots 1, 3, 5 and 7 since it's the newest, while V1-4 are 2, 4, 6 and 8 respectively.
Might have to exaggerate some of the color choices (ie the dark blue in v2, the hair's purple gradient in v4, the light blue in v1) so they stand out from each other more. Compared to Hero/other costumes it might be more effort than they want to put in, though.

...and most would probably be hit with the CERO Stick anyways lmao. Black void upskirts and cleavage-covering cloth for all!

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Haven't visited this thread in a long time. Still holding out for KOS-MOS! If she is one of the next fighter's, what would you want her background color to be on the website? (Joker has red, Banjo has yellow, etc)

I can see it being two colors. Lease likely would be white. Looking back at all the box art for her games, they are white with bits a blue mixed in. The most likely would be orange (Yay color theory!). I do not know if it will mesh well, but it is the color of Bandai Namco. Terry's background is blue, which is SNK's core color and Banjo's yellow is Rare's (minus the dark blue).

Also, It would be neat if they did a combination of KOS-MOS's designs. I could see that being the case, but XB2 KOS-MOS would probably be the first pic.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Haven't visited this thread in a long time. Still holding out for KOS-MOS! If she is one of the next fighter's, what would you want her background color to be on the website? (Joker has red, Banjo has yellow, etc)

I can see it being two colors. Lease likely would be white. Looking back at all the box art for her games, they are white with bits a blue mixed in. The most likely would be orange (Yay color theory!). I do not know if it will mesh well, but it is the color of Bandai Namco. Terry's background is blue, which is SNK's core color and Banjo's yellow is Rare's (minus the dark blue).

Also, It would be neat if they did a combination of KOS-MOS's designs. I could see that being the case, but XB2 KOS-MOS would probably be the first pic.
The last three colors matching up with their company makes sense. Joker’s is a dark red cause that’s Persona 5’s signature color, and Hero (Luminary from 11) is lavender to go with his outfit. Many suggest orange could go with Crash (who’s been deconfirmed for FP5) or Doom Slayer (would arguably mesh better) but you do have a point about orange being Bamco’s color.

as for KOS-MOS’s design, I can sort of see an original Smash design combining the best of her 1, 2, both 3 designs, and XB2 design (axing the core crystal of course)

T-elos imo would be better as an Echo, if Echoes outside the pass are a thing

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Disregarding “leaks/rumors”, her chances in Smash seem pretty good:

• Featured in a Nintendo-made Xeno game as a special guest with T-ELOS
• Sakurai enjoyed Xenoblade 2
• Namco is the only returning third-party company with no newcomers in Ultimate yet
• The current Fighter Pass hasn’t repeated any companies so far
• Coincidentally it’s Monolith’s 20th anniversary (with anniversary artwork featuring her front and center)
• Harada mentioned in 2014 that he’s willing to get Namco to work on a Xenosaga HD collection if there’s enough fan demand
• In addition to above point, Harada was recently promoted to General Brand Manager of Namco back in May. This means that he oversees all of Namco’s original IPs (however, this was after the Fighter Pass line-up was probably already established)
• KOS-MOS: RE figure releases in May 2020 (doesn’t Sakurai collect figures of Smash characters?)
• Rex is out of the running for this current pass (hopefully he gets his chance another day)
• Soraya Saga’s abstaining of retweeting Direct announcements mid-October (probably reaching, but maybe to keep the surprise of a KOS-MOS Smash reveal?)

Hopefully, whether it be Fighter Pack #5 or beyond, we get to see “KOS-MOS RE-Activates into Battle!” or something along those lines. Would’ve gone with “KOS-MOS Crosses Over!”, but that’s already been taken by Richter...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Disregarding “leaks/rumors”, her chances in Smash seem pretty good:

• Featured in a Nintendo-made Xeno game as a special guest with T-ELOS
• Sakurai enjoyed Xenoblade 2
• Namco is the only returning third-party company with no newcomers in Ultimate yet
• The current Fighter Pass hasn’t repeated any companies so far
• Coincidentally it’s Monolith’s 20th anniversary (with anniversary artwork featuring her front and center)
• Harada mentioned in 2014 that he’s willing to get Namco to work on a Xenosaga HD collection if there’s enough fan demand
• In addition to above point, Harada was recently promoted to General Brand Manager of Namco back in May. This means that he oversees all of Namco’s original IPs (however, this was after the Fighter Pass line-up was probably already established)
• KOS-MOS: RE figure releases in May 2020 (doesn’t Sakurai collect figures of Smash characters?)
• Rex is out of the running for this current pass (hopefully he gets his chance another day)
• Soraya Saga’s abstaining of retweeting Direct announcements mid-October (probably reaching, but maybe to keep the surprise of a KOS-MOS Smash reveal?)

Hopefully, whether it be Fighter Pack #5 or beyond, we get to see “KOS-MOS RE-Activates into Battle!” or something along those lines. Would’ve gone with “KOS-MOS Crosses Over!”, but that’s already been taken by Richter...
Also, DLC has yet to receive a stand-alone female character (Kazooie is one half of a duo)

I personally think Rex will just straight up have to wait for the next Smash installment, as what’s the point of making him a DLC Mii costume if he’s gonna be a DLC playable character down the line, period? We could see Elma though, or even Mecha-Fiora (yeah she’s in a final smash but did that stop Chrom?)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Also, DLC has yet to receive a stand-alone female character (Kazooie is one half of a duo)

I personally think Rex will just straight up have to wait for the next Smash installment, as what’s the point of making him a DLC Mii costume if he’s gonna be a DLC playable character down the line, period? We could see Elma though, or even Mecha-Fiora (yeah she’s in a final smash but did that stop Chrom?)
Exactly! No disrespect towards Rex & Pyra's fans, but I would be pissed if they skipped over Elma for them. All three of them should be in Smash.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Exactly! No disrespect towards Rex & Pyra's fans, but I would be pissed if they skipped over Elma for them. All three of them should be in Smash.
Don’t forget Fiora and of course our android queen!

D

Deleted member

AMEN!!!

I had a dream once that Rex would be the free fighter for Season 2, much like Piranha Plant.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500

Yeah, I can see that happening; would definitely prefer both before Rex. Rex, while he’d probably offer a unique take on the fighting style, he’d basically be another longsword boi. Elma and Fiora have a more unique fighting style with their dual-blade + gun/beam combo.

Also, I think it’d be funny if Fiora ended up joining Smash as an echo of Elma. That would make all the Nintendo guests in Project X Zone 2 echo fighters.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I can see that happening; would definitely prefer both before Rex. Rex, while he’d probably offer a unique take on the fighting style, he’d basically be another longsword boi. Elma and Fiora have a more unique fighting style with their dual-blade + gun/beam combo.

Also, I think it’d be funny if Fiora ended up joining Smash as an echo of Elma. That would make all the Nintendo guests in Project X Zone 2 echo fighters.
Definiteky agree, especially with alk the saltiness people will get with another swordie.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
As things stand right now...I have a bad feeling. I've been doing some searching on 4chan and 4-5 "leaks" have shown up about KOS-MOS in the past 2 days. People are either impersonating the cat leaker or they are just trying to get people to talk about KOS-MOS. These leaks I have been reading are saying she's gonna be revealed in the direct though. I'm not sure if these new leaks after the cat one makes it less credible but it sure is bizarre there has been tons of KOS-MOS talk on 4chan, gamefaqs, and here. Also, Vergeben and Sabi haven't commented on the cat leak have they?

However, I did find that one of Sabi's people did say there is a list where Crash and Hayabusa were found to be disconfirmed for fighter #5. Interestingly, this guy even says that "No Namco or Capcom characters" were disconfirmed to be fighter #5 on the list. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78090321/929183246 Senselessbreak is in the Sabi discord and was verified by gamefaqs users.

If this development is true then fighter #5 imo is KOS-MOS, a tales character, or Jill Valentine from Resident Evil. This person seems to believe it is a tales character but just remember the trademarked icon Namco filed for tales looks nothing like a smash symbol and even uses a book icon which is nowhere to be found in Symphonia. And I think Vesperia was the first entry in tales to start using a book icon as a save. I wont get my hopes up right now but we really need someone credible to tell us if KOS-MOS is even on this list or not.

Oh and Nintendo uploaded a hidden video today right? Plot thickens...

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
As things stand right now...I have a bad feeling. I've been doing some searching on 4chan and 4-5 "leaks" have shown up about KOS-MOS in the past 2 days. People are either impersonating the cat leaker or they are just trying to get people to talk about KOS-MOS. These leaks I have been reading are saying she's gonna be revealed in the direct though. I'm not sure if these new leaks after the cat one makes it less credible but it sure is bizarre there has been tons of KOS-MOS talk on 4chan, gamefaqs, and here. Also, Vergeben and Sabi haven't commented on the cat leak have they?

However, I did find that one of Sabi's people did say there is a list where Crash and Hayabusa were found to be disconfirmed for fighter #5. Interestingly, this guy even says that "No Namco or Capcom characters" were disconfirmed to be fighter #5 on the list. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78090321/929183246 Senselessbreak is in the Sabi discord and was verified by gamefaqs users.

If this development is true then fighter #5 imo is KOS-MOS, a tales character, or Jill Valentine from Resident Evil. This person seems to believe it is a tales character but just remember the trademarked icon Namco filed for tales looks nothing like a smash symbol and even uses a book icon which is nowhere to be found in Symphonia. And I think Vesperia was the first entry in tales to start using a book icon as a save. I wont get my hopes up right now but we really need someone credible to tell us if KOS-MOS is even on this list or not.

Oh and Nintendo uploaded a hidden video today right? Plot thickens...
Checked with one of the people in Sabi's inner circles and they have said there is no list. Someone maybe twisting some words around, but we should not be discouraged as we are still sitting pretty.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
I know I posted here about KOS-MOS's chances yesterday, but I have just a bit more to say... Here's a list of some of the games Monolith Soft worked on under Nintendo's wing:

Developed:
• Xenoblade Chronicles (3DS port was handled by Monster Games though)
• Xenoblade Chronicles X
• Xenoblade Chronicles 2
• Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (current)
• Project X Zone 1
• Project X Zone 2

Helped with Development:
• Super Smash Bros. Brawl
• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
• Sequel to Breath of the Wild (current)
• Animal Crossing: New Leaf
• Pikmin 3
• The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
• Splatoon
• Splatoon 2
• Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer

There was more, but I thought these were the ones worth mentioning.

KOS-MOS is important to Monolith Soft, and Monolith Soft is definitely important to today's Nintendo. It would makes sense if Nintendo/Sakurai wanted to include Monolith's poster girl in as a kind gesture to Monolith Soft, especially with their involvement in a lot of Nintendo's more successful titles.

Anyways, that's all I really wanted to say. Sorry about pestering you all with notifications; the wait for Fighter Pack 5's reveal is killing me...

Top Bottom