• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Good to all, I introduce myself I am Suiren, I write this post from Spain (Sorry if my English is not very accurate).

I have been reading this thread for several days and I wanted to thank you for all your effort and passion towards the Xenosaga saga, thank you very much to the creator of this thread (ES Dinah) for all your efforts both in providing information and in defending Kos-Mos in other threads (Gamefaqs) as well as all those who have also helped to increase their popularity within the community.

Regarding Kos-mos, I have not had the opportunity to play the trilogy (I have not been able to emulate it despite my efforts), however I have seen all the cinematics on YouTube and his anime, I also got his blade at Xenoblade (where I met her for the first time) and I'm a big fan of xenoblade 2 (I've played 350 hours approximately).

For all that I have been able to investigate about her inclusion in Smash bros Ultimate, I could guarantee that she has a HIGH probability of entering. All the evidence to have contributed, its great potential also recognized by Sakurai, and its popularity and niche within Namco as the jewel and symbol of a great saga such as Xeno makes it a strong representative at the same level as Terry could be for SNK .

My prediction for the 5 DLC is not KOS-MOS, I consider that she will be the next one after this, that in this case it would be up to DOOM Slayer because of its proximity to Eternal. However I have no doubt that KOS-MOS does have its slot for Smash and I can imagine it being part of that great official mural with all the fighters, the fact that Namco only has Pacman and that Sakurai works in offices of Namco whose workers are developing the game makes me think that KOS-MOS would be a gift not only for their fans but also for their own workers as a thank you for their years of work.

This is all I wanted to say, support for KOS-MOS, she will be inside, thank you all.
That's ok anyone is welcome here to support KOS-MOS even if you haven't played the series! I see that you watched the cinematics though and that's amazing! And wow, the praise is very much appreciated and i'm glad I really did convince someone! I have been that person supporting KOS-MOS since the Smash bros Brawl days! I just think she's the perfect fit in terms of playstyle we need for smash. She can use any weapon and has tons of moveset potential which would be very fun for Sakurai and Nintendo to work with. I do agree with you that KOS-MOS certainly is in the best place she's ever been now for smash and I do agree that KOS-MOS would be the greatest loveletter from Sakurai and Nintendo ever to Takahashi and Soraya Saga both. Even though Soraya Saga doesnt work with her husband at Monolith for a number of years now I think she would appreciate this greatly. She loves KOS-MOS after all. As for KOS-MOS in fighter pass #1 I do believe she has a chance since she's female, namco has no rep yet, and Smash 4 technically had Bayonetta as the last female dlc if you dont count Corrin's female alt. It might be a reach but we'll see. I think I do agree that she could be in the second batch of dlc as well though!

Hello.

I came here to lend my support.

I want to support because not only was I intrigued with her after playing Xenoblade 2, but also because as of right now, we are lacking a female DLC character. I personally find her concept interesting, and I do hope she would make it into Smash. Thank you fo rconsideration.

I highly doubt it will be Doom slayer. This pass needs just one female character, and I believe she is the best candidate. If you want Doom Slayer, go for Season 2 DLC, not now.
Welcome! I'm glad that you like KOS-MOS's concept :)

Also, some fan has a KOS-MOS twitter account that is dedicated to daily posts to get her in smash. I thought I would link it here out of interest.

https://twitter.com/KOSMOS_SSB

I think it could benefit from more followers and support.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
as far as a "thank you to Namco" goes, Lloyd probably has the edge on KOS-MOS. The only way KOS-MOS comes before Lloyd is if either Sakurai is a big fan of Xenosaga, or Monolith requested it to Sakurai instead of having Rex get in

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
as far as a "thank you to Namco" goes, Lloyd probably has the edge on KOS-MOS. The only way KOS-MOS comes before Lloyd is if either Sakurai is a big fan of Xenosaga, or Monolith requested it to Sakurai instead of having Rex get in
Well you have to keep in mind that this is more of a thank you to Monolith Soft we are thinking about because of Namco and Monolith's great relationship. Remember, Namco owns KOS-MOS but lets Monolith use her whenever they want. That's how she got front cover for 20th anniversary artwork, was in Xenoblade 2 and artworks for its expansion, etc. She's coveted like a gem pretty much.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Well you have to keep in mind that this is more of a thank you to Monolith Soft we are thinking about because of Namco and Monolith's great relationship. Remember, Namco owns KOS-MOS but lets Monolith use her whenever they want. That's how she got front cover for 20th anniversary artwork, was in Xenoblade 2 and artworks for its expansion, etc. She's coveted like a gem pretty much.
Plus, y'know... crossover queen.

That said while this also isn't much of a factor... from information I can find, Lloyd doesn't crossover much, only properly once in the Soulcaliber series for Soulcaliber Legends and then as that Mii Costume in Smash 4. There might be more I've missed but thats all I could find... then as I said, KOS-MOS is basically considered their crossover queen, basically getting into anything thats a massive crossover series or has an opportunity to. An example being the X Zone series and Namco x Capcom, she even has a costume in a Tales game.

I just feel like shes probably the one to go for in that situation, and seeming as they've brought back past third party DLC mii costumes before... wouldn't be suprised if the Heiatchi and Lloyd ones return with KOS-MOS as a fighter like Tails and Knuckles' did with Joker as a fighter.

Also, I did want to correct one thing: There were actually a lot of people asking for Joker, Sakurai himself was a huge fan of the game and Ultimate's UI is inspired by it. While there was a small amount here west-side, apparently the Hero(es) were a popular request in Japan, and Banjo here in the states. Sakurai himself has stated he's a Xeno-fan, but this does again depend if Nintendo puts her up as a choice to pick from if she's not Challenger Pack No. 5. That said, I'd expect her or anyone from Namco eventually, since I do doubt we're /only/ getting Pac-Man this entire game as much as I like the guy. That said, a current theory is that the DLC-picks Sakurai chose were actually made in mind with him considering the character's appeal to certain parts of the world: Hero(es): Japan, Banjo and Kazooie: North America, Terry: South America, Joker: International (I guess... everyone was more-so expecting Yu actually), so... people are thinking Pack #5 is actually gonna be someone Europe wants a whole lot, but idk. I'll leave this up to you guys if you want to follow it or not, and if you do, speculate who Europe's No. 1 is.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Okay so this is kinda bad or good depending on your opinion of it. Our beloved Soraya Saga is now refusing to rewtweet ANY future Nintendo Direct announcements because apparently speculation is.... kinda pissing her off? Or did some loser Xeno fans insult her again? Who knows at this point.... she's being kinda serious here with the whole "unfollow me" thing.

The bad: We can't possibly know now that Xeno will be in directs. Everytime she has retweeted, Xeno has shown up in every direct. Since she wont now... something is obviously pissing her off in this speculation cycle.... it's pretty bad news.

The good: Maybe it means something for Xeno is being kept secret and she wants it to be a surprise.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Okay so this is kinda bad or good depending on your opinion of it. Our beloved Soraya Saga is now refusing to rewtweet ANY future Nintendo Direct announcements because apparently speculation is.... kinda pissing her off? Or did some loser Xeno fans insult her again? Who knows at this point.... she's being kinda serious here with the whole "unfollow me" thing.

The bad: We can't possibly know now that Xeno will be in directs. Everytime she has retweeted, Xeno has shown up in every direct. Since she wont now... something is obviously pissing her off in this speculation cycle.... it's pretty bad news.

The good: Maybe it means something for Xeno is being kept secret and she wants it to be a surprise.

Her getting hate comments would be very surprising to me unless something came up while I was gone. Why would she be on the radar for Smash-related harassment? If fans aren't involved, then any passive-aggressive emotions she might have just feels... ominous? I just hope it's nothing serious and she's going to be alright.

The "good" possibility just seems like the monkey's paw ready to clench its subverted fist and deconstruct any expectations we might have, so I think I'll refrain from any more comments regarding it until someone trustworthy sheds more info on what the heck is going on.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I decided to take another look at this through another angle, and I have two ideas of what might be going on...

1.) She was probably getting a lot of personal attacks in regards to art errors in the Anniversary image if the fan harassment pushing her off twitter is true. The fact that Monolith Soft went ahead and made it public that they updated the art and apologized for any errors seems overly personal on their part for something so minor. Then again, it might be a cultural difference in how they deal with those matters, so best case scenario, they simply "over-reacted".

2.) There is NDA-worthy info for Xenoblade RM as well as BOTW 2, and possibly the secret project that's been rumored for a while now. Assuming the fan harassment is true even in this scenario, it's possible that she was being pestered into unveiling information that might pertain to any of the projects mentioned. With how silent Namco (and by extension, Harada) has been in regards to Xenosaga, I'm inclined to believe that Soraya is simply keeping Monolith-related projects behind closed doors and does not want us to jump into conclusions here and there (this includes the state of the Xenosaga Trilogy and whether or not there are plans to HD-remaster it with Namco's approval).

The harassment could just be a 20-questions deal from the fandom, and we see that kind of thing happen to Kamiya of Platinum Studios. Except in the latter's case, he refers to an old tweet related to a newbie's question, followed by a "Blocked" retweet like an absolute mad lad. I just think that any fan harassment could be a result of news starvation for other unknowns like the state of Xenosaga or even their super-secret third project.

TL;DR: Option 1 is that Soraya got fed up with a portion of the fanbase getting autistic over Reiji's hair color in the Anniversary image, and Option 2 is that she may or may not be under NDA for unexpected surprises later down the line. I really hope it's the latter. Getting KOS-MOS as a guest party member in Xenoblade RM would be all kinds of amazing.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I decided to take another look at this through another angle, and I have two ideas of what might be going on...

1.) She was probably getting a lot of personal attacks in regards to art errors in the Anniversary image if the fan harassment pushing her off twitter is true. The fact that Monolith Soft went ahead and made it public that they updated the art and apologized for any errors seems overly personal on their part for something so minor. Then again, it might be a cultural difference in how they deal with those matters, so best case scenario, they simply "over-reacted".

2.) There is NDA-worthy info for Xenoblade RM as well as BOTW 2, and possibly the secret project that's been rumored for a while now. Assuming the fan harassment is true even in this scenario, it's possible that she was being pestered into unveiling information that might pertain to any of the projects mentioned. With how silent Namco (and by extension, Harada) has been in regards to Xenosaga, I'm inclined to believe that Soraya is simply keeping Monolith-related projects behind closed doors and does not want us to jump into conclusions here and there (this includes the state of the Xenosaga Trilogy and whether or not there are plans to HD-remaster it with Namco's approval).

The harassment could just be a 20-questions deal from the fandom, and we see that kind of thing happen to Kamiya of Platinum Studios. Except in the latter's case, he refers to an old tweet related to a newbie's question, followed by a "Blocked" retweet like an absolute mad lad. I just think that any fan harassment could be a result of news starvation for other unknowns like the state of Xenosaga or even their super-secret third project.

TL;DR: Option 1 is that Soraya got fed up with a portion of the fanbase getting autistic over Reiji's hair color in the Anniversary image, and Option 2 is that she may or may not be under NDA for unexpected surprises later down the line. I really hope it's the latter. Getting KOS-MOS as a guest party member in Xenoblade RM would be all kinds of amazing.
It is weird that Monolith apologized for the errors but it is nice that they fixed it very fast. Not sure if it has anything to do with Soraya though.

It has happened before where people assume she has any decisions to make on Xenosaga HD and they keep asking her and pissing her off about it. The reason I brought it up in this thread is because I know how toxic the smash fanbase can be and I can't help but wonder if it is possible that some people harassed her about Xeno in smash. I really hope that's not the case. And I see she's made a few follow up tweets saying that she's not being negative to her followers. Yeah, i'm not sure what is triggering her but I think it must be bad if she doesnt want to tweet about directs anymore.

You guys have a discord or something?
Nope, I was in the process of making a KOS-MOS discord for all the supporters here but figured it is far too much work and we can just discuss here.

The Lightning Python

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3196-3471-4788
Sorry I have been gone for a while, I'm just showing you all that I'm still around with my support.
I actually made a Top 10 Smash Ultimate List over a year ago on August, It's not the best since it was made in Movie Maker, and is my first countdown. But I hope you enjoy.
I put the characters I wanted to join Smash, with #1 being you-know-who.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFN1N7IAF9Q

Suiren_Kirin

Smash Cadet
I think that this leak has not been discussed in the thread or at least I have not read that part but I have a leak that so far has not been denied that comes from 2018, very curious what do you think?

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/482370971

As you can see everything right so far, seen this way and with the delay that DOOM Eternal had now I retract my previous message and I bet that KOSMOS could enter as the fifth fighter, it is more I am sure that it was intended to be the Last DLC as a gift to Namco workers as I mentioned before.

# 5 KOS-MOS

# 6 DOOM SLAYER

I think now more than ever that Kosmos will be

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I think that this leak has not been discussed in the thread or at least I have not read that part but I have a leak that so far has not been denied that comes from 2018, very curious what do you think?

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/482370971

As you can see everything right so far, seen this way and with the delay that DOOM Eternal had now I retract my previous message and I bet that KOSMOS could enter as the fifth fighter, it is more I am sure that it was intended to be the Last DLC as a gift to Namco workers as I mentioned before.

# 5 KOS-MOS

# 6 DOOM SLAYER

I think now more than ever that Kosmos will be
Not to be "that guy", but that post was solely lucky guesses and nothing more. However, I was told about this by a friend elsewhere, and I find the idea an amusing one at that.

Ohhh just imagine if it turns out this guy is 100% correct by sheer dumb luck. This thread would light up like a Christmas Tree! But as with all text leaks that have characters who are trying to bait me into happiness only to crush it later... well...
Sad_Affleck.jpg

Suiren_Kirin

Smash Cadet
Not to be "that guy", but that post was solely lucky guesses and nothing more. However, I was told about this by a friend elsewhere, and I find the idea an amusing one at that.

It is true that there are many leaks and lists of requests, but it seems to me very concrete that Terry and Kos-mos are mentioned in this one that are not so well known

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It is true that there are many leaks and lists of requests, but it seems to me very concrete that Terry and Kos-mos are mentioned in this one that are not so well known
Not to mention the list calls Hero “Erdrick” like most insiders were calling him (Vergeben most notably)

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Not to mention the list calls Hero “Erdrick” like most insiders were calling him (Vergeben most notably)
It's pretty damn wild, I'll admit. If nothing else, the possibility of getting KOS-MOS as Fighter #5 would make that French man a freaking prophet, lemme tell ya...

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Y’all

Y’ALL!

I want to believe...
Fake. Inspect Element is the best thing since sliced bread.
Pasta. Rumor. Inspect. Leak. Long ago, the four texts lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when Inspect Nation attacked. Only the Insider, master of all four Elements, could stop them, but when the fandom needed them most, they vanished. (Six months? I dunno... Well) Time passed and my allies and I discovered the new Insider, a Leaker named Sabi. And although her leaking skills are dubious at times, she has a lot to learn before she's ready to confirm truth to anyone. But I believe Sabi can give the leaks.

[Avatar: The Last Airbender episode theme blares in the distance]

I am so sorry... I was afk for hours and I couldn't resist making that joke. I needed it get it off my chest.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Hey Guys, you guys seen this

https://arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/gamwHjU9qo7Z-_8IO4CMHA/

Read all the messages on there, you might see something you will like

credit to this thread for pointing it out

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78104786
I've brought it up in tons of places already mainly cause I really want KOS-MOS to be talked about. It's been a great day regardless of if this is real or not. If it is though i'm rather curious about the Reimu part because last I heard the doujin circle leak got debunked. Right now i'm really iffy on it... mainly cause we can't tell if cat guy is the same cat guy who wrote about KOS-MOS but if he is then it is worth keeping in mind that he got something right incredibly early and that is Banjo's codename buddy. That would put this "leak" in the credible bunch and maybe it even is real since Sabi and her leak gang recently backed down on saying Hayabusa is #5.... which this leaks says hayabusa is post fighter pass possibly in June which means this guy is a developer and knows about the 2nd pass a little bit. Furthermore, Milk Bosatu is still not dead and said a female with projectiles is coming. KOS-MOS is the perfect candidate for that. Lastly, IT IS Monolith Soft's 20th anniversary but KOS-MOS is a Namco owned property and they share an amazing relationship! This is wild because there are so many reasons why she can get in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

http://is2.4chan.org/v/1571751344658.png

another prophet?

I have looked at gamefaqs and the user SirGalahad178 no longer exists although the prediction is very accurate
Either way he thinks in advance or he's making wilder guesses than the boys at the lottery.

To be fair, there was another dude who posted on Twitter and got Hero, BK, and Terry. Last one was Ryu Hayabusa it's all guesses since I WANT A 100% FULLY PLAYABLE FEMALE nah,

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord

another prophet?

I have looked at gamefaqs and the user SirGalahad178 no longer exists although the prediction is very accurate
Edit: RIP yeah it's a fake image. It shows the thread is Fighter Pass Ideas, but the title at the top says Church's Fried Chicken.

Drunk Cat leak is still real so far though! And the French one too of course.
1571832138785.png
1571832114960.png

WE NEED CONFIRMATION THAT IT WASN'T FAKED

IM GETTING TOO HYPE

If Kosmos is in, REIMU IS ALSO IN

HOLY **** all these leaks/rumors are lining up

HOLY CRAP

Can anyone find the original post or anything to prove its not a fake image??? was that user a real user?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Edit: RIP yeah it's a fake image. It shows the thread is Fighter Pass Ideas, but the title at the top says Church's Fried Chicken.

Drunk Cat leak is still real so far though! And the French one too of course.View attachment 243200View attachment 243199
WE NEED CONFIRMATION THAT IT WASN'T FAKED

IM GETTING TOO HYPE

If Kosmos is in, REIMU IS ALSO IN

HOLY **** all these leaks/rumors are lining up

HOLY CRAP

Can anyone find the original post or anything to prove its not a fake image??? was that user a real user?
Here, take my two centavos that we will get a LOT of people flocking over.

I mean, you think waaayyy too much in advance it's scary. And what if it wasn't her in the end? Please, I don't want anyone to be disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
at this point if someone wants to think something is happening I say let them

Who knows, maybe they're right

they probably aren't but maybe

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
The French one seems like it has a chance - after finding the original link, of course.
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/42-...5-dlc-probables-selon-vous.htm#post_991721338
It wasn't edited and it was apparently posted last year, meaning it's either an incredibly lucky guess or they knew something. But saying it's Erdrick and not DQ Hero in general is odd. Even the "Banjo and DQ Hero" cat image noted they were called Hero.

On the other hand I think the cat reaction image mentioning Kosmos is worthless - anyone can use the same image as someone else. It was posted a full week after Terry as well so bull****ting would've been at an all time high.

Edit: Also, lucky guesses and wishlists DO HAPPEN - this was pre-E3 for christ's sake.

Don't get burnt. Acknowledge the discrepencies - they're the things that end up proving or disproving a leak in the end.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On the other hand I think the cat reaction image mentioning Kosmos is worthless - anyone can use the same image as someone else. Remember that Terry was announced on the 5th of September and the post was made on the 12th- plenty of time for someone to dig up old posts, find one that was potentially right and piggy back off of them. That's a full week
Which I was saying. Just because you're an anonymous user on 4chan doesn't mean you'll get full credit. Anyone can be that anonymous, and it just so happens that these posts are made by different people.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

another prophet?

I made a topic about it on gamefaqs and a mod confirmed the user never existed in the first place. Also, someone asked the user who saw it and he never replied. It is more than likely an edited screenshot.

D

Deleted member

I'm kinda chuckling here that had she been included, we'd get a situation wherein the spinoff (Xenoblade) got a rep before the main series did (Xenosaga). Shin Megami Tensei rep next year?

I made a topic about it on gamefaqs and a mod confirmed the user never existed in the first place. Also, someone asked the user who saw it and he never replied. It is more than likely an edited screenshot.
Either way, give credit to his mad skills as a Photoshop editor.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Why are we exactly believing leaks from 4chan? The site where a bunch of fake leaks are made?

I mean, yeah I want KOS-MOS badly too but... I ain't gonna rely on the site known for numerous fake leaks for that sort of information since 90% of the time they're fake and lucky guesses. or am I missing some sort of joke here since I'm kinda thick-headed time to time.

That said, it was probably put as Erdrick, since as a lot of actual leakers have said, they kept getting told Erdrick and The Luminary and that lines up with the information Sakurai said during that DQ11 stream since for awhile they were only permitted to use two and before that it was either or if it was going to be a Hero or... Slime.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
If nothing else, it's amusing how now of all times, we're starting to see a bunch of fake leaks that include Kosy. The usual includes some variation of Doom Slayer, Hayabusa, Crash, a first-party character (usually a Spirit), and Insert-Other-Western-Rep-Here. These fakes are certainly cumbersome, but it's a breath of fresh air seeing new ones that include uncommon predictions. It's way less of a bore.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
She just admitted it was predictions. Now we have 4chan left
Your current avi encapsulates the feeling quite well, doesn't it? lmao

Even if it turns out the 4chan leak is fake (which it most definitely is), there's always the whole line of DLC ahead of us. Whether she's fighter #5 or fighter #what-have-you doesn't matter, as long as she's fully playable at some point in Ultimate's cycle. My biggest worry is seeing Ultimate through its very end with no sign of her anywhere.

We just gotta root for her inclusion as early as possible and hope for the best :/

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Your current avi encapsulates the feeling quite well, doesn't it? lmao

Even if it turns out the 4chan leak is fake (which it most definitely is), there's always the whole line of DLC ahead of us. Whether she's fighter #5 or fighter #what-have-you doesn't matter, as long as she's fully playable at some point in Ultimate's cycle. My biggest worry is seeing Ultimate through its very end with no sign of her anywhere.

We just gotta root for her inclusion as early as possible and hope for the best :/
Yep, that's why I chose this avatar. I'm sick of people saying KOS-MOS is a literally who first and foremost lol. And yeah 4chan I'm still iffy on. I hope it is real but wouldn't count on it. I always thought the jeuxvideo thing was predictions though... why were so many convinced it was a leak?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Yep, that's why I chose this avatar. I'm sick of people saying KOS-MOS is a literally who first and foremost lol. And yeah 4chan I'm still iffy on. I hope it is real but wouldn't count on it. I always thought the jeuxvideo thing was predictions though... why were so many convinced it was a leak?
Probably through the vague hope that it's true or something? Or that it finally features a character we don't see in leaks very often. Like I said, we usually get the same 4-5 names in every leak ever. The silver lining to these is that they give the characters they claim are playable some level of publicity. Like Reimu, Kosy has been getting accepted a bit more here and there. She needs it anyway, since some gained vocal support is better than no support at all.

Top Bottom