• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I remember more backlash towards Corrin than Bayonetta. I remember people being more hyped for her prior to her being playable in Febriary of 2016
Yes Corrin got more of a backlash. But a good number of people were still upset about Bayonetta for being Smash 4's last newcomer and claiming she stole the Smash Ballot.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Ok so this is just going to be speculating purely for fun. I already discussed it with the KOS-MOS discord a bit but what do we think of the Japanese codename leak? Yeah probably entirely fake but i'm bored so if we were to humour it.... it sounds a lot like the 5chan leak right? Might even be a piggyback but

Supesu
Dangan Tarutarosu
Yutairui

My problem is the Reimu one is two words when all of our codenames have been one word but there's no "rule" suggesting that it cannot change. Anyway, for fun I actually looked into it and KOS-MOS really fits Space. Xenosaga is in Space, KOS-MOS even has the last scene of the series in Space.... Sakurai would do something fun and reference that. The problem though is space is so simple i'd expect something like Zohar to better fit Xeno. Hell, even something like Mary or soul can work. Reimu's is bullet hell if you translate it and the last one is Marsupial (Crash Bandicoot is based on this animal family because it is a Bandicoot). We've never got Japanese codenames before so that's why I think this is stupidly fake... but the funny thing is these codenames do sounds like something Sakurai would come up with. So yes even though the leak is probably 100% a piggyback I think these codenames still make sense for the most part. However, I do feel like Spirit or even Maiden is a better fit for Reimu.

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/540924370

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Ok so this is just going to be speculating purely for fun. I already discussed it with the KOS-MOS discord a bit but what do we think of the Japanese codename leak? Yeah probably entirely fake but i'm bored so if we were to humour it.... it sounds a lot like the 5chan leak right? Might even be a piggyback but

Supesu
Dangan Tarutarosu
Yutairui

My problem is the Reimu one is two words when all of our codenames have been one word but there's no "rule" suggesting that it cannot change. Anyway, for fun I actually looked into it and KOS-MOS really fits Space. Xenosaga is in Space, KOS-MOS even has the last scene of the series in Space.... Sakurai would do something fun and reference that. The problem though is space is so simple i'd expect something like Zohar to better fit Xeno. Hell, even something like Mary or soul can work. Reimu's is bullet hell if you translate it and the last one is Marsupial (Crash Bandicoot is based on this animal family because it is a Bandicoot). We've never got Japanese codenames before so that's why I think this is stupidly fake... but the funny thing is these codenames do sounds like something Sakurai would come up with. So yes even though the leak is probably 100% a piggyback I think these codenames still make sense for the most part. However, I do feel like Spirit or even Maiden is a better fit for Reimu.

Not only would this leak need to correctly predict the last 3 characters, but it'd have to guess the code names as well. Those 2 seem inexplicably unlikely. Also keep in mind this leak is piggybacking off the 5chan leak because it was posted after the leak was discovered online. There's a chance it isn't, but...c'mon. the 5chan leak has become notorious now that it called Sephiroth and no promoted mii costumes. (Geno) Correct me if I'm wrong, but this has never happened before outside of 1 instance where I think someone got Banjo's codename "Buddy" correct before his release. That or I think he simply discovered it by going into the games internal database after he came out I forget the details.

As you've already said, "Maiden" or "Spirit" fit Reimu much better, and "Space" is a very generic codename. IMO KOS-MOS' codename should be something like "Mary", "Angel" or "Zohar". Hell, it could even be her OWN Vector codename KP-X (Which fits perfectly BTW)

"Marsupial" is the only good codename I can think for Crash, but given how he is highly speculated, I can see the community quickly realizing who the game is referring to.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

Supesu
Dangan Tarutarosu
Yutairui

It would be nice to see some more codename hints

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Not only would this leak need to correctly predict the last 3 characters, but it'd have to guess the code names as well. Those 2 seem inexplicably unlikely. Also keep in mind this leak is piggybacking off the 5chan leak because it was posted after the leak was discovered online. There's aa chance it isn't, but...c'mon. the 5chan leak has become notorious now that it called Sephiroth and no promoted mii costumes. (Geno) Correct me if I'm wrong, but this has never happened before outside of 1 instance where I think someone got Banjo's codename "Buddy" correct before his release. That or I think he simply discovered it by going into the games internal database after he came out I forget the details.

As you've already said, "Maiden" or "Spirit" fit Reimu much better, and "Space" is a very generic codename. IMO KOS-MOS' codename should be something like "Mary", "Angel" or "Zohar". Hell, it could even be her OWN Vector codename KP-X (Which fits perfectly BTW)

"Marsupial" is the only good codename I can think for Crash, but given how he is highly speculated, I can see the community quickly realizing who the game is referring to.
yeah I was only talking about it for fun no worries. And perhaps a codename can be super simple and I'm looking into it too much. I mean Sephiroth's was Edge..... lol

Suiren_Kirin

Smash Cadet
Hi!

I finally had time to be able to reread the whole thread, and I wanted to get all the evidence, clues or data of interest regarding the inclusion of KOSMOS in Smash bros as a fighter, and incidentally also about its context and current situation. throughout these years.

All this is yours, so I also thank you for all your work

That said, I am going to leave the summary in parts of everything we have talked about so far, excuse me for not putting sources, I had some but the Post was too long, however they are here on previous pages.

I can also make a mistake either due to misinterpretation of some data or due to a bad translation (I am a native of Spain).
I hope you understand and enjoy reading, if we could complete together some of the things that are here it would be great.

--------------------------------------------------------------

1 # By itself, the redesign of KOS-MOS had in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, participating as an important cameo and in secondary missions with other protagonists of the Saga.

2 # Knowledge and great attachment of the community with the character despite not being the main character of his saga, making it clear that he is a loved character and that he should return.

3 # They made a great effort in its design to be just a cameo, more considering their previous versions that could have been fulfilled out of nostalgia and fanservice, and yet they took their time and money to recreate the character under a new concept.

4 # For this redesign they called their original designer, Kunihiko Tanaka, and according to an interview, he created it with the idea in mind that it was the "Symbol of Xenosaga", his concept and design has this as a concept and can be seen in his weapons or their colors.

5 # The very name of KOS-MOS is accompanied by RE, its meaning is Refrain, a deep concept that mixes the "rebirth" in reference to its end in Xenosaga Episode 3, and also with a cycle that repeats itself, in memory of the Eternal Return that encompasses the saga.

6 # Within Bandai Namco she is represented in many franchises participating in more than 25 different titles, considering herself the queen of crossover.

7 # Her The company Monolith Soft has great importance on the 20th anniversary, being the great central figure of her and with her iconic costume from the first version.

8 # She is the baby of Soraya and Takahashi, designer and director of Monolith respectively, and she is also like a daughter for the development team, if Takahashi is asked for a representative for both Xenoblade or Monolith as a company as happened with the ARMS case. He will not hesitate for a second to choose her.

9 # She got personal recognition from Sakurai and saw her potential as a fun character with a varied moveset.

10 # Not only that, Sakurai also affirmed that the dark characters, like Samus in her day and Terry today, if that could be possible, prioritizing the moveset and the fun that they can bring.
The fact that Samus was little known in her day did not matter to him and yet the inclusion of her was what gave him fame, so this would be the most similar case.

-----------------------------------------------------------

11 # Following this line, Sakurai is not excited about a game with only popular characters, sometimes she simply adds surprise characters and takes advantage of this to impact more on the public.
That KOS-MOS is not recognized is only in this case something positive because it would be a surprise as all the revelations of the new fighters are being.

12 # It is strange that of the more than 1500 spirits in the game there is no single mention of Xenosaga, having representation only Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and 2.

13 # The Growing Success of the Xenoblade saga in its present time, its inclination to be increasingly recognized by the public and better criticized

14 # This is aligned to the fact that Takahashi had a personal dream to create the Perfect JRPG, putting his whole soul into his works, creating his own narrative system according to the gameplay (Y Axis, X Axis), and hiring talented artists to fulfill with this. Every time she is closer and the critics show it.

15 # Harada regretted having a team ready to work, but that he was idle at the time that Takahashi was developing Xenosaga, and because of this I cannot help him with the title, this made him feel partly guilty that it did not take off the success of the games.

16 # By himself, Harada Himself brought to light the desire to resurrect Xenosaga, this came from his own decision and he has been trying for years, without success due to failed market analyzes with low sales forecasts. There is this interest in creating a remake but the need to be popular so that the investment is profitable, that is, the need for representation.

17 # For this reason, in an interview with him, it was revealed that there is a lack of acceptance of KOS-MOS in the West, and that he would need an external push, as in his day happened with the Fire Emblem case or with Joker / Hero.

18 # Some time ago the figure of KOS-MOS was announced, it had priority before other popular figures such as Rex, Nia, Morag and other main characters of Xenoblade 2, reinforcing the idea that the company knows the success that KOS has- MOS as a character and its ease of being commercialized.

19 # The design itself that has its Refrain version is more friendly for all audiences, and meets the Smash Standards without having to be censored and with a contemporary style.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

20 # Regarding this, it has been given a special Xenoblade treatment in Smash, having modified and censored MII spirits, which could perfectly have been eliminated, and not only that, but within Xenoblade 2 itself, Mythra was censored via content downloadable, showing little effort to be represented.

21 # Representation of ARMS and Fire Emblem Three House, leaving Xeno out even being before Three Houses and with the same status for commercial purposes as ARMS. Which is still striking.

22 # Especially because Bandai Namco is the only third party that returns without a representative other than Pacman and it is the company that is developing Smash Bros Ultimate.

23 # Sakurai works in the same building as Bandai Namco, shares his day to day with the developers of this company and they have inside jokes with Pacman as his representative character.

24 # For this it could also be considered as a gift from Nintendo to Monolith Soft, for its collaboration with Zelda, Splatoon, Smash Bros and Animal Crossing, among others.

25 # Bandai Namco and Monolith Soft have a great relationship, they understand each other perfectly and work with each other, both being Japanese companies that have similar goals, with an aura of mutual respect and gratitude.

26 # The Xenosaga developers are under the mantle of Nintendo, since Monolith Soft was bought, being saved and being used to support other titles mentioned above.

27 # The Importance of Monolith Soft as a subsidiary in Nintendo, being the largest currently and having more than 260 workers, this makes it the largest subsidiary surpassing Game Freak and Hal Laboratories.

28 # The Importance of Xenosaga to Monolith, being their first debut game after they founded the company when Squaresoft merged with Enix. Also being the origin of the entire Xeno universe.

29 # Regarding this origin, ingame clues have been detected within Xenoblade that prophesy a great future, where KOSMOS could participate, as well as other protagonists. The Foreshadowing art is something that is also seen in Xenoblades Chronicles 1.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

30 # The theme Xeno, meaning Stranger or Stranger, and the importance of the X, as a union or crossover with his lore playing the theme of Multiverses makes future installments connecting these stories and characters canonical and very possible.

31 # The latter would not be so rare to see, in the Recoignasse mission of Xenoblade 2 you can see all the protagonists, except for Fei, sharing the scene. In this mission they talk about how strange it is that everyone has gotten together, and wondering if that meeting has a purpose. Curious…

32 # Recently Harada on his profile had as his goal of 2021 the intention of going back to the old school with current technology, alluding to an interview by Iwata and Takahashi about Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii.

33 # Harada's rise as general manager gives him some influence to create a great project for the future, to be able to carry out any old project and develop it with his team to the new generation.

34 # During the development of Zelda Skyward Sword, where Monolith was involved, Iwata was able to discover all the talent and potential that this company had. That was what gave her hope in the future to help them with his own project; Xenoblade Chronicles.

35 # The success of this project was important for the company if it wanted to follow its own path, luckily for everyone it had very good reviews and good sales. Being represented in Smash Bros with Shulk which gave her an extra boost of popularity.

36 # Some time ago the patent of Xenosaga 3 was renewed, perhaps a sign of the interest they have in recovering its history.

37 # As with Terry in Fatal Fury, Xenosaga has its own legacy with a great line of Artbooks merchandise, figures and even its own animation.

38 # All of this has caught the attention of certain people within the company, and Harada recently tweeted that there could be a completely different solution.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This is all, as a personal opinion I would like to propose my own theory regarding the last point.
I believe that if we continue with the KOS-MOS narrative it is possible that a "completely different solution" could refer to a reinterpretation of Xenosaga WITHIN Xenoblade chronicles 2.

In other words, they tell the same story throughout the following titles, in the style of a plot arc like Avengers Endgame, and use KOS-MOS as a link between these stories, leaving the last title as a great ending that unites all the universes fulfilling the dream of Takahashi.

Ye shall be as gods

zohar.png

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hi!

I finally had time to be able to reread the whole thread, and I wanted to get all the evidence, clues or data of interest regarding the inclusion of KOSMOS in Smash bros as a fighter, and incidentally also about its context and current situation. throughout these years.

That said, I am going to leave the summary in parts of everything we have talked about so far, excuse me for not putting sources, I had some but the Post was too long, however they are here on previous pages.

I can also make a mistake either due to misinterpretation of some data or due to a bad translation (I am a native of Spain).
I hope you understand and enjoy reading, if we could complete together some of the things that are here it would be great.

1 # By itself, the redesign of KOS-MOS had in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, participating as an important cameo and in secondary missions with other protagonists of the Saga.

2 # Knowledge and great attachment of the community with the character despite not being the main character of his saga, making it clear that he is a loved character and that he should return.

3 # They made a great effort in its design to be just a cameo, more considering their previous versions that could have been fulfilled out of nostalgia and fanservice, and yet they took their time and money to recreate the character under a new concept.

4 # For this redesign they called their original designer, Kunihiko Tanaka, and according to an interview, he created it with the idea in mind that it was the "Symbol of Xenosaga", his concept and design has this as a concept and can be seen in his weapons or their colors.

5 # The very name of KOS-MOS is accompanied by RE, its meaning is Refrain, a deep concept that mixes the "rebirth" in reference to its end in Xenosaga Episode 3, and also with a cycle that repeats itself, in memory of the Eternal Return that encompasses the saga.

6 # Within Bandai Namco she is represented in many franchises participating in more than 25 different titles, considering herself the queen of crossover.

7 # Her The company Monolith Soft has great importance on the 20th anniversary, being the great central figure of her and with her iconic costume from the first version.

8 # She is the baby of Soraya and Takahashi, designer and director of Monolith respectively, and she is also like a daughter for the development team, if Takahashi is asked for a representative for both Xenoblade or Monolith as a company as happened with the ARMS case. He will not hesitate for a second to choose her.

9 # She got personal recognition from Sakurai and saw her potential as a fun character with a varied moveset.

10 # Not only that, Sakurai also affirmed that the dark characters, like Samus in her day and Terry today, if that could be possible, prioritizing the moveset and the fun that they can bring.
The fact that Samus was little known in her day did not matter to him and yet the inclusion of her was what gave him fame, so this would be the most similar case.

11 # Following this line, Sakurai is not excited about a game with only popular characters, sometimes she simply adds surprise characters and takes advantage of this to impact more on the public.
That KOS-MOS is not recognized is only in this case something positive because it would be a surprise as all the revelations of the new fighters are being.

12 # It is strange that of the more than 1500 spirits in the game there is no single mention of Xenosaga, having representation only Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and 2.

13 # The Growing Success of the Xenoblade saga in its present time, its inclination to be increasingly recognized by the public and better criticized

14 # This is aligned to the fact that Takahashi had a personal dream to create the Perfect JRPG, putting his whole soul into his works, creating his own narrative system according to the gameplay (Y Axis, X Axis), and hiring talented artists to fulfill with this. Every time she is closer and the critics show it.

15 # Harada regretted having a team ready to work, but that he was idle at the time that Takahashi was developing Xenosaga, and because of this I cannot help him with the title, this made him feel partly guilty that it did not take off the success of the games.

16 # By himself, Harada Himself brought to light the desire to resurrect Xenosaga, this came from his own decision and he has been trying for years, without success due to failed market analyzes with low sales forecasts. There is this interest in creating a remake but the need to be popular so that the investment is profitable, that is, the need for representation.

17 # For this reason, in an interview with him, it was revealed that there is a lack of acceptance of KOS-MOS in the West, and that he would need an external push, as in his day happened with the Fire Emblem case or with Joker / Hero.

18 # Some time ago the figure of KOS-MOS was announced, it had priority before other popular figures such as Rex, Nia, Morag and other main characters of Xenoblade 2, reinforcing the idea that the company knows the success that KOS has- MOS as a character and its ease of being commercialized.

19 # The design itself that has its Refrain version is more friendly for all audiences, and meets the Smash Standards without having to be censored and with a contemporary style.

20 # Regarding this, it has been given a special Xenoblade treatment in Smash, having modified and censored MII spirits, which could perfectly have been eliminated, and not only that, but within Xenoblade 2 itself, Mythra was censored via content downloadable, showing little effort to be represented.

21 # Representation of ARMS and Fire Emblem Three House, leaving Xeno out even being before Three Houses and with the same status for commercial purposes as ARMS. Which is still striking.

22 # Especially because Bandai Namco is the only third party that returns without a representative other than Pacman and it is the company that is developing Smash Bros Ultimate.

23 # Sakurai works in the same building as Bandai Namco, shares his day to day with the developers of this company and they have inside jokes with Pacman as his representative character.

24 # For this it could also be considered as a gift from Nintendo to Monolith Soft, for its collaboration with Zelda, Splatoon, Smash Bros and Animal Crossing, among others.

25 # Bandai Namco and Monolith Soft have a great relationship, they understand each other perfectly and work with each other, both being Japanese companies that have similar goals, with an aura of mutual respect and gratitude.

26 # The Xenosaga developers are under the mantle of Nintendo, since Monolith Soft was bought, being saved and being used to support other titles mentioned above.

27 # The Importance of Monolith Soft as a subsidiary in Nintendo, being the largest currently and having more than 260 workers, this makes it the largest subsidiary surpassing Game Freak and Hal Laboratories.

28 # The Importance of Xenosaga to Monolith, being their first debut game after they founded the company when Squaresoft merged with Enix. Also being the origin of the entire Xeno universe.

29 # Regarding this origin, ingame clues have been detected within Xenoblade that prophesy a great future, where KOSMOS could participate, as well as other protagonists. The Foreshadowing art is something that is also seen in Xenoblades Chronicles 1.

30 # The theme Xeno, meaning Stranger or Stranger, and the importance of the X, as a union or crossover with his lore playing the theme of Multiverses makes future installments connecting these stories and characters canonical and very possible.

31 # The latter would not be so rare to see, in the Recoignasse mission of Xenoblade 2 you can see all the protagonists, except for Fei, sharing the scene. In this mission they talk about how strange it is that everyone has gotten together, and wondering if that meeting has a purpose. Curious…

32 # Recently Harada on his profile had as his goal of 2021 the intention of going back to the old school with current technology, alluding to an interview by Iwata and Takahashi about Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii.

33 # Harada's rise as general manager gives him some influence to create a great project for the future, to be able to carry out any old project and develop it with his team to the new generation.

34 # During the development of Zelda Skyward Sword, where Monolith was involved, Iwata was able to discover all the talent and potential that this company had. That was what gave her hope in the future to help them with his own project; Xenoblade Chronicles.

35 # The success of this project was important for the company if it wanted to follow its own path, luckily for everyone it had very good reviews and good sales. Being represented in Smash Bros with Shulk which gave her an extra boost of popularity.

36 # Some time ago the patent of Xenosaga 3 was renewed, perhaps a sign of the interest they have in recovering its history.

37 # As with Terry in Fatal Fury, Xenosaga has its own legacy with a great line of Artbooks merchandise, figures and even its own animation.

38 # All of this has caught the attention of certain people within the company, and Harada recently tweeted that there could be a completely different solution.

This is all, as a personal opinion I would like to propose my own theory regarding the last point.
I believe that if we continue with the KOS-MOS narrative it is possible that a "completely different solution" could refer to a reinterpretation of Xenosaga WITHIN Xenoblade chronicles 2.

In other words, they tell the same story throughout the following titles, in the style of a plot arc like Avengers Endgame, and use KOS-MOS as a link between these stories, leaving the last title as a great ending that unites all the universes fulfilling the dream of Takahashi.

Ye shall be as gods

View attachment 300423
Slight correction about only representation of Xenoblade 1 and 2 - there technically are 5 Xenoblade X spirits - Elma, Lin, Lao, Tatsu and the Formula Skell. No music from X, though

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hi!

Ye shall be as gods

View attachment 300423
Pretty comprehensive list

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Hi!

Ye shall be as gods

View attachment 300423
Very nice list and your support for KOS-MOS really shows. I dont know if she'll happen but i'm happy to see this kind of support for her.

FightingGhost73

Smash Cadet
Hi!

Ye shall be as gods

View attachment 300423
All this stuff makes me believe Kosmos is more likely to be in smash and to make a comeback than people think

Luty

Smash Cadet
Did we ever discuss KOS-MOS' music track selection?
I saw it mentioned several pages back. Like, someone mentioned Erde Kaiser Sigma's theme from Episode III. Personally, I would love it if Xenosaga tracks were added since Yuki Kajiura has been my favorite composer for the past decade and a half. Yasunori Mitsuda had some great tracks in Episode I, as well. It is hard to pick considering they have so many amazing arrangements. Whether they add more Xenoblade tracks, I really do not know if they would. But, some Xenoblade Chronicles X songs would be fire!!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I saw it mentioned several pages back. Like, someone mentioned Erde Kaiser Sigma's theme from Episode III. Personally, I would love it if Xenosaga tracks were added since Yuki Kajiura has been my favorite composer for the past decade and a half. Yasunori Mitsuda had some great tracks in Episode I, as well. It is hard to pick considering they have so many amazing arrangements. Whether they add more Xenoblade tracks, I really do not know if they would. But, some Xenoblade Chronicles X songs would be fire!!
ill accept that outcome if Elma doesn't happen in addition. otherwise, i only see Xenosaga tracks happening, maybe some other Namco series songs as well if they wanna pull a Terry with KOS-MOS

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Taken from the DLC thread
Assuming we get a February reveal which I doubt, worth keeping an eye on KOS-MOS.

XenoSaga first released in February 2002 and if that leak with her, Reimu, and Crash is anything to go by...

Though chances are this is likely not the case and also probably fake but just trying to keep speculation kicking.
this may make sense considering Sephiroth was revealed on... I can’t remember if it’s the anniversary of FF in general or 7 in particular but that’s why it was in December

correction it was the presentation not the TGA reveal

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

this may make sense considering Sephiroth was revealed on... I can’t remember if it’s the anniversary of FF in general or 7 in particular but that’s why it was in December

Sephiroth was indeed presented on the anniversary of FF. The problem is that Sakurai did not even acknowledge that. I remember when KOS-MOS was heavy speculation for fighter #5 and the fact that the pass deadline was very near February lead me to believe that it can't be coincidence and Sakurai wants to end it with KOS-MOS but look what happened to that lol. But i'd say if the 5chan leak is real then that's the perfect opportunity to talk about her legacy for sure. We will just have to wait and see. I think Little Mac was the only time there was actually acknowledgement of a anniversary.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sephiroth was indeed presented on the anniversary of FF. The problem is that Sakurai did not even acknowledge that. I remember when KOS-MOS was heavy speculation for fighter #5 and the fact that the pass deadline was very near February lead me to believe that it can't be coincidence and Sakurai wants to end it with KOS-MOS but look what happened to that lol. But i'd say if the 5chan leak is real then that's the perfect opportunity to talk about her legacy for sure. We will just have to wait and see. I think Little Mac was the only time there was actually acknowledgement of a anniversary.
For newcomers, yes. There have been veteran reveals on anniversaries for 4, like Captain Falcon being in Robin/Lucina’s trailer was because July 14th was the JP anniversary of F-Zero X.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Thing is, character reveals have really never been announced on their game's anniversary in the past except for Little Mac. And I don't expect to see FP9 until the end of March when the next Amiibo wave drops as these DLC characters are always announced or released during the week an Amiibo wave is coming out. I still think KOS-MOS still has a chance even if she isn't revealed in February.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Speaking of, how’s this for KOS-MOS’s alts?:
Default: Xenosaga 1 appearance
Alts: V3 (it doesn’t show too much and if they can allow Shirtless Sephiroth they can allow this), V4, KOS-MOS Re: (with some modifications), ...ugh fine i GUESS V2 even if it’s my absolute least favorite design, T-elos (different voice lines, based on Xenosaga 3 with CERO-friendly modifications), T-elos Re: (with some modifications) and idk about the last one

also T-elos would have diff animations like between the Byleths or Inklings and a different Final Smash animation

actually V2 is my second least favorite design. The dishonor of actual absolute least favorite design goes to Prototype KOS-MOS which I’m not even considering

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Speaking of, how’s this for KOS-MOS’s alts?:
Default: Xenosaga 1 appearance
Alts: V3 (it doesn’t show too much and if they can allow Shirtless Sephiroth they can allow this), V4, KOS-MOS Re: (with some modifications), ...ugh fine i GUESS V2 even if it’s my absolute least favorite design, T-elos (different voice lines, based on Xenosaga 3 with CERO-friendly modifications), T-elos Re: (with some modifications) and idk about the last one

also T-elos would have diff animations like between the Byleths or Inklings and a different Final Smash animation

actually V2 is my second least favorite design. The dishonor of actual absolute least favorite design goes to Prototype KOS-MOS which I’m not even considering
I can definitely see KOS-MOS getting all her main designs as costume alts for sure. That, and they don't expose a lot of skin, so it's fairly plausible they could incorporate them all, maybe like the DQ heroes having a single alt color each.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I can definitely see KOS-MOS getting all her main designs as costume alts for sure. That, and they don't expose a lot of skin, so it's fairly plausible they could incorporate them all, maybe like the DQ heroes having a single alt color each.
CERO has less issue with the breasts than with potential pantyshots too, so just lengthen skirts/add shorts where necessary

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Just thought I'd share this amazing KOS-MOS fan art with you guys.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
That is.... way too damn good. Wow! They nailed the expression and everything. Thanks so much for sharing!

As for alts I think the baseball outfit deserves a mention as that completely Sakurai joke costume if she happens

1612118771751.png

Also, here is all her outfits

1612119009831.png

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That is.... way too damn good. Wow! They nailed the expression and everything. Thanks so much for sharing!

As for alts I think the baseball outfit deserves a mention as that completely Sakurai joke costume if she happens

View attachment 301337

View attachment 301340
ewwwww archetype 🤢 and NO WAY is 1.1 making it in lmaoooo

I guess then v1 (default), v2, v3, v4, Re:, Baseball, T-elos (given the Alph treatment, different lines, slightly sanitized XS3 design), T-elos Re:.

MattX20

Smash Hero

View attachment 301337

View attachment 301340
That baseball alt I can definitely seen thrown in after Mario's golf outfit

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, what kind of stage cameos and or spirits do you think we could see with KOS-MOS?

FightingGhost73

Smash Cadet
So, what kind of stage cameos and or spirits do you think we could see with KOS-MOS?
I think it depends on if they wanna solely represent XC2 or double up with that and XS, tho I think they'd go with the former so probably other blades?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think KOS-MOS will come with Xenosaga spirits, and maybe a couple extraneous Bandai Namco spirits like Heihachi, Gil, Lloyd (assuming Lloyd's costume returns with her which it probably will), Haruka Amami, and Nightmare. Like how Terry included non-Fatal Fury spirits. The stage... probably just Shion, Jr., Ziggy, MOMO, and chaos. (yes that's how you write his name.)

no Xenoblade content aside from a slightly modified Re: design (and T-elos Re: if T-elos is an Alph-style alt)

i say this cuz i hope there's a third pass with Elma in it and she brings X music, an X stage, and more X spirits along with a few more 2, DE and Torna spirits

Top Bottom