• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Xenoblade 2 fans that wanted Rex in the game have an extra incentive to buy the Fighter's Pass.

I know that it worked on me... :ohwell:
Yeah... that’s true delusional hope. I didn’t even hope for Kosmos or even wanted her, I thought she was probable from speculation alone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Woohhh...

Just got back to find out some heated discussion.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
“Are you seriously using narratives as backing for your beliefs? Have you ever taken a marketing class at all, or are you merely throwing around the word "marketing strategies?" Because I don't even need to take a marketing class to know that that's not how it works.”

And you said you didn’t insult my image. Lol. I’m not even mad.

Woohhh...

Just got back to find out some heated discussion.
I honestly expected stronger evidence against me but the counter arguments seem so dependent on completely unrelated cases or directionless drivel with a lot unnecessary presentation. It’s crap I expect from 4chan.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I honestly expected stronger evidence against me but the counter arguments seem so dependent on completely unrelated cases or directionless drivel with a lot unnecessary presentation. It’s crap I expect from 4chan.
No fighter in Smash Bros history has ever had this narrative stuff. As a result, there is no foundation to believe your headcanon. If you think I'm wrong, prove it.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
No fighter in Smash Bros history has ever had this narrative stuff. As a result, there is no foundation to believe your headcanon. If you think I'm wrong, prove it.
I already have the Rex costume points and others have brought up that Nia’s costume is in the base when Rex’s isn’t. Oh, and you have to use “headcanon”... Great choice of buzz words.

D

Deleted member

I already have the Rex costume points and others have brought up that Nia’s costume is in the base when Rex’s isn’t.
Okay. Now what evidence is there for us to believe Rex is a hint? Rex is the only mii costume to ever be advertised with the entire DLC. However, this is not inherently tied to KOSMOS' chances, let alone, Namco. If you think that is wrong and that you are 100% correct, please provide proof.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Okay. Now what evidence is there for us to believe Rex is a hint? Rex is the only mii costume to ever be advertised with the entire DLC. However, this is not inherently tied to KOSMOS' chances, let alone, Namco. If you think that is wrong and that you are 100% correct, please provide proof.
I point out that the pass is 3rd party alone, they didn’t expect more dlc after the pass, Kosmos is the most popular blade in xenoblade 2 (making her the perfect character for the Rex audience), and Kosmos is normally Namco’s crossover character.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I point out that the pass is 3rd party alone, they didn’t expect more dlc after the pass, Kosmos is the most popular blade in xenoblade 2 (making her the perfect character for the Rex audience), and Kosmos is normally Namco’s crossover character.
Now you're just throwing out speculation.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Alright here's the deal:

B BlackInk

You're more than welcome to give your thoughts and opinions on a conversation and theories on DLC. However, you are not welcome to push your thoughts on people and act hostile and flamey to them for disagreeing and shutting down other conversations that may be opposing to yours is flat not cool. You've quickly descended from theory crafting to outright trolling and that WILL result in Warning points and a possible ban. All anyone in here is trying to do is tell you to keep your expectations in check lest you suffer from increased dissapointment. You're rather new here so I'll let you slip by for a while as long as you keep it clean.

@Everyone else.

Making jokes and poking fun at other users for their statements can also be considered trolling. You're more than welcome to agree or disagree or debate the legitimacy and logic of the argument. It is not cool to call out and use them as a punch line.

Love you guys. And love Kos-Mos.

Keep_it_Clean

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the sudden off-topic, but I love DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon ’s new pfp.

Scribblenauts was one of those NDS games I played a lot as a child and the pfp is kinda nostalgic.

D

Deleted member

Uhmm...since when did this thread become another version of the other Newcomer Thread coz honestly I've seen this stuff before.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
To be fair this is no where near as bad as it's gotten in other threads. Hell, the spur was about Kos-Mos at the very least.

Anywho, if we are talking about Kos-Mos as the 5th character it is notable that she is one of the only characters... ever to have a major canonical connection to a Nintendo owned IP. That's actually insane.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
To be fair this is no where near as bad as it's gotten in other threads. Hell, the spur was about Kos-Mos at the very least.

Anywho, if we are talking about Kos-Mos as the 5th character it is notable that she is one of the only characters... ever to have a major canonical connection to a Nintendo owned IP. That's actually insane.
Yeah. So it’s really shocking to me that people try to counter against Kosmos when they legitimately don’t a decent point against it. My aggression comes from how hostile they act when they legitimately don’t have a good point against it. You can only tolerate till you say “**** it! Just give me one point with evidence at least!” I’m here as an informer, not a supporter.

Also, can you tell me what threads suffer from hostile activities? I doubt it’s actually as bad as you say. Cursing and getting a bit angry is normal, but it’s not harassment.
TFW you can never trust Isaac fans ever again.
Is it the Grinch leaks?

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
All support threads of characters that are confirmed to be playable in Smash are moved over their individual character section in Ultimate Character Discussion like Bolder mentioned. These threads tends to be restructured to become a general discussion/social thread for that section. Its up to the owner of the thread.

Boy, E3 2018 was super chaotic for staff for this exact purpose. Imagine having to make over 65 character sections and then moving each character's support thread to that area. It was maddness.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think everybody doesn't trust N3ON and their trolling

except when they're not trolling.
I'm barely ever always never not trolling. See?

But don't hold that against the Isaac fanbase. They're a bunch of starry-eyed dreamers who don't know the meaning of the word "deconfirmed". Meanwhile I'm a cloudy-minded realist who hops between character threads purging out hope wherever I may find it. :teeth:

D

Deleted member

You know what, count me as a supporter. I pretty much love the Xeno metaverse since Xenogears and KOS-MOS is such a fun character from the series in general due to the arsenal she possesses, like the trilogy and having more sci-fi characters doesn't hurt as its still an unique series in that regard.

Dunno about her chances other than that I believe that she has a decent chance overall. (Small correction)

BlackInk

Smash Lord
You know what, count me as a supporter. I pretty much love the Xeno metaverse since Xenogears and KOS-MOS is such a fun character from the series in general due to the arsenal she possesses, like the trilogy and having more sci-fi characters doesn't hurt as its still an unique series in that regard.

Dunno about her chances, but I believe that she has a decent chance overall.
Why do you think she has chances?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I've been lurking in this thread for a little while and I'd just like to say I want to see KOS-MOS in as well. Having a robot girl (one of Japan's pop culture staples) finally join the Smash roster would be an amazing thing.

I dunno about 2B's chances overall, but KOS-MOS would definitely satisfy me in that regard.

D

Deleted member

I've been lurking in this thread for a little while and I'd just like to say I want to see KOS-MOS in as well. Having a robot girl (one of Japan's pop culture staples) finally join the Smash roster would be an amazing thing.

I dunno about 2B's chances overall, but KOS-MOS would definitely satisfy me in that regard.
We definitely need more robots in Smash. We already have Mega Man and ROB, why settle for more? Plus, it adds authenticity to the Japanese gaming industry even more, as pretty much ever since BK everyone is clamoring for more Western reps. I mean, don;t get me wrong, BK was a popular request.

2B is pretty rough in my opinion, but I feel that she will get her chance one day. Of course, KOS-MOs would end the pass on a positive note.

BlackInk

Smash Lord

I’m certain on Kosmos but I can’t really see any predictable characters after her. If Sakurai pulls a Joker and a Kosmos in the same pass, no one will be able to trust anything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm barely ever always never not trolling. See?

But don't hold that against the Isaac fanbase. They're a bunch of starry-eyed dreamers who don't know the meaning of the word "deconfirmed". Meanwhile I'm a cloudy-minded realist who hops between character threads purging out hope wherever I may find it. :teeth:
But do you know what Digimon is?

D

Deleted member

Count me as a supporter too!

I know nothing about KOS-MOS, but she looks cool.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Sorry for the sudden off-topic, but I love DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon ’s new pfp.

Scribblenauts was one of those NDS games I played a lot as a child and the pfp is kinda nostalgic.
Thanks! I remember loving Scribblenauts as I kid (I remember Super Scribblenauts being one of the first games I beat 100%), so I figured I'd show it some love. Maxwell would be super cool to see in Smash, but I doubt it'd ever happen. I give Sora better chances, and Sora is also likely never going to happen.

Anyways, if y'all want to you can add me to the support list. While I support other characters more, I acknowledge KOS-MOS as a real sleeper pick given her connections to Nintendo and weird status as a Bandai Crossover character.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Thanks! I remember loving Scribblenauts as I kid (I remember Super Scribblenauts being one of the first games I beat 100%), so I figured I'd show it some love. Maxwell would be super cool to see in Smash, but I doubt it'd ever happen. I give Sora better chances, and Sora is also likely never going to happen.

Anyways, if y'all want to you can add me to the support list. While I support other characters more, I acknowledge KOS-MOS as a real sleeper pick given her connections to Nintendo and weird status as a Bandai Crossover character.
What characters do you support more?

Baalikindred

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure i'm sounding like a broken record regarding trademarks, but for me those are currently the only definite actions taken by bamco that could actually mean something for smash bros. That, and how they work is actually very intriguing to me. That said, It turns out it takes around 4-6 months (I've seen some conflicting info for this, some said it would be 2-3 months) for a trademark to become registered. I imagine you can't actually use a trademark until it become registered (I mean publicly, anyways. I could be very wrong on this, so correct me if i am.) The Tales trademarks were registered in October, which means, at the minimum that i assume, the tales Trademarks (https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#basic/1+1+1+1/100+100+100+100/tales of series) would be registered sometime in February, the last month of the fighter pass. If those trademarks are indeed for smash bros, i find that they're cutting it awful close to when fighter 5 will be released. I could be wrong, as I've mentioned, but I actually mostly want to know more about how copyrighting and trademarking works. Is my assumption right, and the trademarks are filed too close to the end of the fighter pass for fighter 5? Just how much can we actually take from those trademarks, if anything? Any information or corrections would be appreciated. I would try to understand this myself via google, but i predict i would have a hard time shifting through dense legal jargon when someone could explain it more succinctly.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Why don’t they add a Geno costume instead of a Rex costume to the fighter’s pass? Geno is more popular than Rex, is more of a third party character, and easily fits with the narrative of putting in the seemingly impossible characters, such as Joker and Banjo, into Smash. They could’ve made Rex a base game costume and done none of the narrative ****. This kind of miss-marketing confuses me if Kosmos isn’t in the pass. If I am wrong, I will slap Nintendo for doing a stupid move and emotionally abusing their costumers with a mii costume.

I'm pretty sure i'm sounding like a broken record regarding trademarks, but for me those are currently the only definite actions taken by bamco that could actually mean something for smash bros. That, and how they work is actually very intriguing to me. That said, It turns out it takes around 4-6 months (I've seen some conflicting info for this, some said it would be 2-3 months) for a trademark to become registered. I imagine you can't actually use a trademark until it become registered (I mean publicly, anyways. I could be very wrong on this, so correct me if i am.) The Tales trademarks were registered in October, which means, at the minimum that i assume, the tales Trademarks (https://euipo.europa.eu/eSearch/#basic/1+1+1+1/100+100+100+100/tales of series) would be registered sometime in February, the last month of the fighter pass. If those trademarks are indeed for smash bros, i find that they're cutting it awful close to when fighter 5 will be released. I could be wrong, as I've mentioned, but I actually mostly want to know more about how copyrighting and trademarking works. Is my assumption right, and the trademarks are filed too close to the end of the fighter pass for fighter 5? Just how much can we actually take from those trademarks, if anything? Any information or corrections would be appreciated. I would try to understand this myself via google, but i predict i would have a hard time shifting through dense legal jargon when someone could explain it more succinctly.
Keep in mind, they picked the all of the fighters for the pass since June.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Right!? Thank you, some people actually do find me cool. I knew my grandma was lying.

It's what Pokemon evolves into when you give him a Thunderstone, right?
You don’t know jack about digimon. You use some kind of maxing mechanic on the Pokémon to turn them into digimon.

D

Deleted member

It's what Pokemon evolves into when you give him a Thunderstone, right?

Oh my God, the best thing I've seen since Sunsparks winning yesterday! I'll give you points for it

Top Bottom